Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
PsychoWedge
Could you register KZ for the Modproject of the Kerzenburg-Forums (the guys behind the BWP)?
Baronius
I registered it under your username, because we don't add group or project prefixes (it is all legacy). Kerzenburg-Forums is mentioned in the commen for the prefix record.

Ardanis: thanks for sharing the information smile.gif
PsychoWedge
Thanks a bunch! smile.gif

I just mentioned Kerzenburg because I already have a prefix registered for myself. I dunno the rules for multiple prefixes or if there even are some but we need a prefix and I am the coder and etc. You know how it goes... ^^
PsychoWedge
Uhm, yeah, me again. Sorry for the double post.

I did not realize this when I planned the basic structure of the mod but my chosen prefix KZ (for KerZenburg == Candlekeep) matches with the German abbreviation for the Konzentrationslager (concentration camps) in the Third Reich.

Some people pointed that out to me and although that was in no way my intended association we came to the conclusion that it may not exactly be a good prefix for a german mod. biggrin.gif

Could you change it to KB , please? smile.gif
Baronius
Sure, no problem, done.
PsychoWedge
thanks a lot. I hope the boss is satisfied now... grinteeth.gif
Cygnea
I'm making a NPC for BG2 and would like to register the prefix VN.
Baronius
Please give a bit more information about the NPC.
Kamikaze
Hi, can I have the prefix Z0 (zero)? I want to make some of the existing kits more interesting and maybe add a one or two new ones.
Cygnea
Of course.

Dian is a Neutral Good female NPC with a friendship path planned, who has arrived in Amn after suffering some bad luck. Her exact class is undecided but is most likely to be a ranger or a fighter, and if I can figure a few things out I also plan to include a romance path and a quest or two to expand on her background.

Is that enough?
Baronius
Cygnea, VN has been registered for you.

Kamikaze, Z0 has been registered for you.

Cygnea and Kamikaze (and of course everyone else), please inform us about the mod's progress occassionally, to confirm that the prefix is still in use and should be reserved for you.
Chaplain
Heya biggrin.gif

I'd be extremely thankful if I could have XO registered smile.gif (I go by the alt of Lollorian in most of the IE sites tongue.gif) I only try to have my RezMod and update it with new components as I find useful tongue.gif I'd been working on a new component that uses a LOT of custom labels (not exactly files, but the scripts have variables ... so it'd be good to have a custom prefix to know that the RezMod is buggy tongue.gif)

I'll be sure to inform you to free the prefix if and when I think the RezMod is done (or I get bored biggrin.gif)

Thank you!

PS: At present I already use LOL# as a prefix in the only 2 new files added by the RezMod. I figure the limit is 2-chars for a prefix, so XO is fine smile.gif (it kinda resembles a smiley too)
Baronius
Hello!

XO has been registered for you.
Chaplain
Awesome and gratz mate! biggrin.gif

Slight nitpick though tongue.gif It'd be awesomer if I was called Lollorian in that list (could I change my name here??) The mod is Lol's RezMod, so it won't be too confusing smile.gif
Baronius
The forum software does not allow changing the login username (even by me), and I don't have time now to check the displayed name settings.

I added a comment to the prefix, indicating that it belongs to Lollorian.
Chaplain
Thanks smile.gif Much appreciated!
jube
Hi have quite a fair sized quest mod up on spellhold ( vecna V12 )and have only just been told to register prefixes here since i am 90% done mass renaming is going to be a nightmare, so would like

ASC

AA

ZV

ZT

ZH

AGC

thats going to help avoid the majority of the renaming work

jube
ok update to last post, can i have AA ZT AND ZH please
jube
hi , hope you moderaters read all these posts at once !, anyway update on my prefix request. Just
AA thats my personal prefix and Vecna mod prefix
Baronius
So if I understand you correctly, you would like to register AA?
jube
yes very sorry about the other posts, i was trying to save myself some work ( i have 1673 files to rename, all the scripts to modify, and the areas to rename ) by reserving more than 1 prefix, but when got down to it i thought might aswell be consistent and rename everything with the AA prefix.

So yes AA only please
Jarno Mikkola
QUOTE(Baronius @ Mar 13 2010, 06:15 AM) *
So if I understand you correctly, you would like to register AA?
Yes.
Azze
Hello Baronius!
I would like to register the prefix MT#

Thanks in advance!
Azze
Baronius
Hello Azze!

Please tell us why you need the prefix, tell us some information about the mod(s) in progress.

Furthermore, we only register two letter-long prefixes. MT is already registered to someone else, please choose another one.
Azze
@ Baronius: Sorry about that, my fault! Somehow I overread the paragraph about three letter-long prefixes on the first page of the thread. blush.gif

Well, I try to make a long story short: I recently revived an old mod i started back in 2005 (or 2004, I really can't remeber!) but never finished:
A mod to add Tiax as a PC in Baldurs Gate 2. I know there's allready a Tiax-mod out there that was made by Kulyok, published on pocketplane.net. But my plans for the little mad gnome are a little bit more far reaching than what Kulyok did (after all, her mod was "only" a One-Day NPC). I'm planing to add plenty of dialogue (including banter with popular custom-NPCs like Kelsey), at least one quest and an own soundset (german version only, because the german soundset from BG1 really sucks!).

The first version of my mod will be released in german only, but I'm planning to do an english translation later.
When it's done (it'll still take some time, though), the mod will probably be hosted on http://www.rosenranken.org (also home of Jastey's Ajantis-mod). I'm active there with the same user-name.

After going through the prefix reservations list once more, i realized the prefix #T is still available. I would like to register this one, then. Let the renaming of files begin! wink.gif

Best regards
Azze
Baronius
#T is now yours smile.gif
Azze
Thanks, Baronius! Thats one problem less to be solved! biggrin.gif
jube
I have renamed my files to AA, i certainly hope the AA prefix is going to be assigned to Vecna ?
Baronius
AA has been registered for you, jube.
Creepin
On behalf of a mod maintainer who doesn't have an account here, I'd like to ask to register MR prefix for Imoen Romance. It was created by Lord Mirabbo (hence MR) and is currently maintained by TCDale, so it's up to you whom of them to put under "project" field.
Baronius
There is no way to register a prefix under the (user)name of someone else. All I could do is to put your information to a Comment. So MR has been registered under your username. If this is not acceptable, the registration can be removed, and one of them can come here to register the prefix under his/her name.

The project prefix section is legacy, not used any more.
Creepin
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 7 2010, 07:07 PM) *
All I could do is to put your information to a Comment. So MR has been registered under your username. If this is not acceptable, the registration can be removed, and one of them can come here to register the prefix under his/her name.

Thanks!
That's ok as I'm pretty sure I'm not going to abuse it anyway biggrin.gif

You mean, you're not going to further write down who claimed which prefix? Weird blink.gif
Baronius
QUOTE(Creepin @ May 7 2010, 05:55 PM) *

You mean, you're not going to further write down who claimed which prefix? Weird blink.gif

Incorrect. When you mentioned "project", I thought you wanted the mod to be added to the "Projects Prefix List" (the first part of the Prefix Database page). This one is legacy. The active part is the "Personal Prefix List", it contains most of the prefixes. So nothing is discontinued, everything works as before. smile.gif
Ipsissimus
Hello

I am working on a new NPC mod for Baldur's Gate II. The NPC in question is a female Lawful Good elven Transmuter. I would like to register the prefix I- for this purpose.
Baronius
Thanks, I- has been registered for you.
flamewing
I am just joining the modding community and would like to register M7 as my prefix; I will be releasing a few minor convenience tweaks over at Spellhold Studios.
Baronius
M7 is now yours.
Vel Cheran
Hi everyone, I'm developing a NPC mod for Baldur's Gate II and I'm using #Z as a prefix. I believe it isn't used yet, is it ? happy.gif
Could you please keep it for me ? Thanks a lot thumb.gif
Baronius
Hello!

#Z has been registered for you. smile.gif

Could you please keep it for me ?

As for every other prefix owner, it would be crucial to keep us updated (e.g. in this topic) about the status of the mod occassionally (e.g. once per half year) so that we know it is not abandoned.
Barretta
I'd like to register the prefix BX for my use; I'm in the middle of developing an NPC mod. Thanks.
Baronius
BX has been registered for you.
Edda
I'd like to register the prefix Ed
Baronius
Please provide more information about your modding work (about your mod or mods), the current progress, the name of the modding site that hosts you (if any) etc.
Aion
Even though I no longer use the username Moongaze, I still use the MG and QX prefixes, and I'm working on mods over at Volcano Productions. Just so you know the prefixes aren't inactive.
Edda
I'm in the start of my mod. My mod deals with a bard female elf who names Edda in Baldur's gate 2. The modding site that hosts me is Legendes (http://weiducommando.forumsactifs.com/forum.htm).

Sorry if there are errors in my text but I'm not very talented in English lol
Baronius
Edda: ED is already registered to someone else, please choose another prefix.

Aion: thank you very much for the confirmation.
Edda
EA?
Baronius
EA is now yours, Edda.
Argent77
Hi,

Is the prefix A7 still available?

I'm currently developing an NPC-like character mod for BG2 (SoA and ToB content).

Thanks,
Argent77
Baronius
Thank you, A7 has been registered for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.