Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Angelus Crow
Hi,

I'd like to register A_ . Is it possible ?

Thanks.
Baronius
Of course. It's now registered for you. smile.gif
Angelus Crow
Ok, thanks !

So... I guess it's time to work now happy.gif .
Keryvian
I would like to register K_ please.
Baronius
Certainly. I wish you a successful modding!
Zyraen
Z# for Zyraen wink.gif Working on Beyond The Law Mod
Baronius
Your filename prefix is now registered. Good luck for Beyond the Law mod! wink.gif
Zyraen
Thanks smile.gif Appreciate that lots.
Thorfinn
Luckily, it looks like the one I've been using, Q# is still available. Pretty please?

All I've been using it for is BG1 and ToSC, but will probably do some BG2 stuff, too.

Thanks!
Baronius
BG1 and TotSC have their magic, indeed...

Prefix is now registered for you.
crucis
Hello, Baronius! Andyr suggested that I come on over here and register my prefix.

I'd like to register "F#". It appears to be unused on your master list.

Thanks.
Baronius
Welcome!

Your prefix is now registered. wink.gif
HERD
Hello.
I'd like to register YZ, if it is still available.
Baronius
Done.
Sous Nain
Hi again,
As we have some majors changes to make to our mod, we'd like to change our prefix for a shorter one.

So could you please change the "Projet NeoBG mod" prefix from "nBg#" to "B+" ?

Thanks. =)
Baronius
No problem. I have changed it as you asked. smile.gif
Sous Nain
Erm... I know i'm getting anoying, but we are experiencing strange and unexpected bug with the prefix B+. Well, in fact, the '+' is buggy : in dialog (only), the '+' character is merely ignored in the variables names (for things like SetGlobal and Global, G, etc.).

Ex :
If in a dialog, i use :
SetGlobal("B+Var", "GLOBAL", 1)
It will do :
SetGlobal("BVar", "GLOBAL", 1)

But in scripts, it works perfectly.

The same bug occurs for characters like '=' or '@' and probably some other ones. On the other hand, '-', '!', '_' and of course '#' work.

With this i hope other modders will not make the same mistake.

Could you please change our prefix to "B0" (B-zero) that is obviously a non-buggy one (it's the last request, i promise wacko.gif ). Thanks smile.gif
Baronius
Sure, I am here to help. smile.gif
Sir Kalthorine
Hi there!

Could I request that the prefix KAL# be reserved please? smile.gif
Awake
Err...isn't KAL# a pretty long prefix? That only leaves you with 4 spaces left. sad.gif Hm, just seems too long to me.

Hello, and welcome to the Wyrm smile.gif
Baronius
wink.gif

Prefix has been added to the list.
Sir Kalthorine
QUOTE(Awake @ Mar 20 2005, 11:40 AM)
Err...isn't KAL# a pretty long prefix? That only leaves you with 4 spaces left. sad.gif Hm, just seems too long to me.

Hello, and welcome to the Wyrm smile.gif

Good point wink.gif

Can I ask for KA# instead biggrin.gif
Baronius
thumb.gif
jastey
Maybe points like these could be added to the first post of this thread (or somewhere else, where it makes sense and can be seen by people who are thinking about registering prefixes): "Don't make it too long, as it leaves you fewer spaces for namimg your files, and there were propblems reported for using "+", "@" or "=" in the prefix as it could collide with WeiDU syntax."

Or somesuch. Just a thought.
Senficon
I use g7 as prefix.

edit: And, uhm, hello. I'm not used to being polite, I guess. smile.gif
Baronius
I don't care of what prefix you use.
tongue.gif I guess I'm not polite now. But your prefix is now on the list, it has been registered.
GoGo.Finch
Hi!

I would like to register a prefix F!, if it is possible.

Thanks.
The Bigg
Also, - is known to conflict with WeiDU synthax. I'd suspect of the same the following: %, ^, *. % can be used with caution, but it's advisable to avoid it nonetheless.
FInally, ! conflicts with .baf synthax.
Baronius
I see. In what way is the "-" (ignore the quotes) conflicting?

GoGoFinch: Dekuji, prefix has been registered smile.gif During the transfer of the forum to the new server, all special characters became incorrect, you might want to edit your signature (re-typing the character fixes the mentioned problem) smile.gif
Dellaster
I'd like to register D# for mine, please. I see no conflicts on the list. Thank you!

-- Dellaster
Baronius
Done.
The Bigg
Basically, a "-" is evaluated at tp2 by weidu as a minus, as in 3 - 2, even if it's the name of a variable. Of course, it should work inside quotes, like most of the characters I posted, but anyway it may conflict with current WeiDU synthax if using prefixes in variable handling, or using some advanced weidu wizardry, and that is better avoided. Of that, an example is the use of "!" while in scripts.
Baronius
Thank you for the clarification.
GoGo.Finch
QUOTE(Baronius @ Mar 21 2005, 06:58 PM)

GoGoFinch: Dekuji, prefix has been registered smile.gif During the transfer of the forum to the new server, all special characters became incorrect, you might want to edit your signature (re-typing the character fixes the mentioned problem) smile.gif

Hey, it's nice to see czech language here smile.gif But it's me who should say "Děkuji" , because it means "Thanks" smile.gif So, thank you for registering the prefix. And for giving notice about signature.
Awake
QUOTE(GoGo.Finch @ Mar 21 2005, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE(Baronius @ Mar 21 2005, 06:58 PM)

Hey, it's nice to see czech language here smile.gif But it's me who should say "Děkuji" , because it means "Thanks" smile.gif So, thank you for registering the prefix. And for giving notice about signature.

Nah, baronius is just a nice guy. smile.gif He says thanks for a lot of things. He was probably saying thanks for registereing your prefix wink.gif
The Bigg
Oh yeah, I'd like to mention that I've been using BI as a prefix for areas, whereas my current "general" prefix is TB#.
So, could you please update the list with BIxxxx, where xxxx are 4 digits? All other files of the form BI*, where * is not a 4-digit number are safe from me.
Baronius
Done.
Dellaster
QUOTE(Baronius @ Mar 21 2005, 01:03 PM)
Done.

Thank you very much.

I was using "DEL" on my project before I found this reservation list. I saw that "DE" is taken and that could lead to conflicts, thus the "D#" request (and a tedius morning altering all my file names, etc.). I notice also that "DEF" and "DEN" are listed. Aren't those in conflict with the "DE"?

This is an invaluable list. Keep up the good work!

-- Dellaster
Baronius
Absolutely, they are conflicting prefixes, thanks for paying my attention to this!
I will add a new rule that only two letter prefixes can be registered. However, I won't delete the earlier ones (existing prefixes that are problematic are usually not deleted but marked with a specific comment).
eachna
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 14 2004, 06:38 PM)

I'd like to register the prefix "GM", it looks like it's not taken, yet.

Thank you,
Gwen Morse
Baronius
Unfortunately "GM" seems to be already registered for "Lone Wolf".
Razfallow
I would like to register my prefix, RZ
Baronius
Prefix has been added to the list.
Yacomo
Can you please reserve Y# for me?

Thanks!

Yacomo
Baronius
No problem smile.gif
The Bigg
While I know that it's forbidden to register 1 character prefixes, I am facing a weidu-ing problem whereby I need to add copies of some .EFF files (after changing a bit), possibly preserving similarities with the name, and I adopted a Tutu-like solution (adding an underscore before the filename).

So, if possible, I'd need to register _ as a prefix for .EFF files only. If you want to avoid one-characters prefixes, then I'll update the installer to use __ (double underscore) instead.
Baronius
Will this be okay:

Prefix: __
Comment: used only for EFF files
Registered to: The Bigg

?
The Bigg
QUOTE(Baronius @ Apr 16 2005, 10:37 AM)
Will this be okay:

Prefix: __
Comment: used only for EFF files
Registered to: The Bigg

?

OK, that's perfect.
Thank you! smile.gif
Thorium Dragon
Please add this to the list

TD and RD - Thorium Dragon

Thank you.
LuckyOne
I'd like to register the prefix

LO (for "LuckyOne")

Thanks,

LuckyOne
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.