Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
yato
I'd like to register the "Y_" prefix, please, if that's okay. smile.gif
Baronius
Thanks, Y_ has been registered for you. wink.gif
yato
Thanks very much! smile.gif
pasco95
If '$' works i'd like $A
Baronius
I suggest you to follow the naming recommendations of TheBigg, listed in the initial post of this topic.
pasco95
Ok then, I guess #P it is.
Cheers
Baronius
#P has been registered for you!
pasco95
Thanks mate
Icendoan
There is an issue of a possible conflict with an unannounced project over at SHS. They use the CQ prefix I have registered. Just to be safe, in the improbable circumstance that they might have a conflict with one of my mods, I would prefer to use a different prefix, in this case !!.

Many thanks.

Icen
Baronius
I remember now. This is that project led by SConrad and some others, who seem to boycott the Prefix Reservations list even by not registering CQ as a conflicting prefix for that project. If it wasn't registered to you, very few people would be able to learn that it's used, and might make incompatible mods with that SHS project (provided that project will generally support compatibility).

!! doesn't match the recommendations of TheBigg (at least, TheBigg hasn't informed me so far that they changed), which can be read in the initial post of this thread, so I assume it isn't recommended for WeiDU-based packages. Do you plan to use it for some other purpose, perhaps non-WeiDU-based mods? Of course, if you want, I'll register it immediately, I'm just not sure you know that it isn't recommended (or I don't know that it's now recommended).

By the way, I might have emphasized it earlier too, that the only "rightful" user of CQ is you, because only you're registered in the Prefix Reservations database.
Icendoan
From what I read, it was, as berelinde has b! as a prefix, I would have thought that !! would also work.

Icen
Baronius
QUOTE(TheBigg)
Any letter, followed by any number, letter, #, _, ! or - character.
OR
A '#' character, followed by a letter, _, ! or - character

In berelinde's prefix, it's the second character.
Icendoan
Fine.

#! then.

Icen
Baronius
#! is now yours. smile.gif
Icendoan
biggrin.gif

Icen
CrazeeFFan
Can I have 'G!', please?
Baronius
Sure, G! has been registered for you.
Amaurea
I'd like to register 'SN', please. Thanks!
Baronius
It would collide with the (legacy) three-letter prefix of two mod makers. Could you choose a different one? The prefix list can be seen here.
Amaurea
Ooops, sorry about that! SJ, then?
Baronius
No problem, we're here to notice such collisions. wink.gif SJ was free, it has now been registered to you. Good luck for the mod(s)!
Marupal
Can I register 'P@' please?
Baronius
Of course, P@ is now yours.
ValaTarsis
I'd like to register as VT. Thank you happy.gif
Baronius
VT has been registered for you!

(I wonder if this has been the quickest registration we've done, but it's definitely in top 10 I believe! smile.gif)
markmid
I am coming back to modding BG2 and i'd like to alter my prefix as it seems there is a conflict with someone else choosing it.

I was under MJ

Could you give me Q6 for now and delete my previous prefix, there is no work I released under MJ to worry about aside from contributions which were adapted to other people's variables. So far i've seen no negatives to using a number in a variable prefix and hopefully it'll be remote enough to remain unconflicted.

Thank you for any help.

NB It would be helpful if you could list me under Paareth as well, as that is the alias I am using currently.
Baronius
The changes you requested have been made. Please check the list to confirm them. smile.gif
markmid
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 30 2008, 08:09 PM) *
The changes you requested have been made. Please check the list to confirm them. smile.gif

Thank you for updating everything smile.gif
plainab
I have a personal prefix of AB. I can use it if you prefer. However, please consider the following:

I am working on the BG Fixpack (for vanilla and totsc versions of Baldur's Gate).
I was wondering about asking if we could use BGF (Baldur's Gate Fixpack), but BG is taken.
Therefore, I would like to ask if we could use FBG (Fixpack Baldur's Gate) the actual assigned prefix would be FB, but there is no actual harm in adding the G (on my end) since the first two would preserve the prefix.
The usage would be for
1) any files needed to be added to work around game engine limitations
2) naming of unique global variables
3) naming of unique death variables needed where none were present before.
4) file extensions for any required third party component checks.

Thank you.
ab
The Bigg
In general, it'd be a good idea to have one unique personal prefix and use a sub-prefix of your own. For example, I have tb# (the other two will be freed by the end of this week), and I use a sub-prefix for different works to avoid conflicts (say, tb#lot for Large Scale Battle, tb#ud for Underground Duel, etc.). In your case, you could use abbf for ab's BG Fixpack. It leaves you less room for meaningfully naming files (especially for giving out meaningful names - it'd be a good idea to keep a filename mapping), but it'll be enough of a namespace even for the largest TC ever thought of: using four alphabetic characters (excluding even numbers and symbols) gives you 450k possible names, and my semi-BiG game has 60k individual resources (moreover, split over different extensions).
plainab
In general, it'd be a good idea to have one unique personal prefix and use a sub-prefix of your own. For example, I have tb# (the other two will be freed by the end of this week), and I use a sub-prefix for different works to avoid conflicts (say, tb#lot for Large Scale Battle, tb#ud for Underground Duel, etc.). In your case, you could use abbf for ab's BG Fixpack. It leaves you less room for meaningfully naming files (especially for giving out meaningful names - it'd be a good idea to keep a filename mapping), but it'll be enough of a namespace even for the largest TC ever thought of: using four alphabetic characters (excluding even numbers and symbols) gives you 450k possible names, and my semi-BiG game has 60k individual resources (moreover, split over different extensions).

So your saying that it'd be okay for me to use

ab_bgf_ on my unique global variables (these can be up to 32 but usually end around 18)
ab_bgf_ on my needed dv's where none were before (these can be up to 32 but usually end around 18)
abf_ for any needed files to work around the game engine limitations (these are usually limited to 8 sometimes 7)
.ab_bgf for a file extension to any files needed to be placed for other mods to recognize a given component. (it's an extension not a prefix does it matter?)

Well, if it's okay to do all that, then we'll just go that route instead... We're in the middle of going through what has been done so it won't be too hard to make any changes (I used ab for some and bgf for a few others)
The Bigg
QUOTE(plainab @ Sep 1 2008, 05:07 PM) *
So your saying that it'd be okay for me to use

ab_bgf_ on my unique global variables (these can be up to 32 but usually end around 18)
ab_bgf_ on my needed dv's where none were before (these can be up to 32 but usually end around 18)
abf_ for any needed files to work around the game engine limitations (these are usually limited to 8 sometimes 7)
.ab_bgf for a file extension to any files needed to be placed for other mods to recognize a given component. (it's an extension not a prefix does it matter?)

Well, if it's okay to do all that, then we'll just go that route instead... We're in the middle of going through what has been done so it won't be too hard to make any changes (I used ab for some and bgf for a few others)

Yes, pretty much (incidentally, I believe it's the method used by BWL for its smaller mods). I think the current standard for #4 is <prefix><description>.xxx (ab_bgf_bg1fixpackmain.xxx), but pretty much anything goes (it's not exactly used by the engine anyway).
Moongaze
I'd like to register QX as The Skunk's Den general prefix, so our members don't have to register a new prefix each.
Baronius
Done. smile.gif
Raven
Can I register E!, please?
Baronius
E! has been registered to you, thanks.
Jab
Hey. I'd like to register JAB prefix, please. ;-)
Baronius
Unfortunately, JA is already registered to aigleborne. Please choose another, two-letter long prefix.
Jab
Hmm... :-/
#J is free I hope. ;-)
Baronius
#J has been registered to you. Good luck for the mod(s)!
Draconis The Red
I would like to register V8 if I can.
Baronius
Thank you, V8 is now yours.
witya
Greetings!

I' d like to register W1 as my prefix, please. ^^
Baronius
Üdv!

Do you reveal what mod you are creating? smile.gif Just wondering.
witya
An npc mod, adding a human female skald to the game. ^^ I want to make 2-3 quests for her, banters with all Bioware npcs, a romance with a human/elf/half-elf male character.
Baronius
Good luck for the mod!
witya
Köszönöm szépen. ^^
Ithilian
I'd like to register E9 for Esiriak, the Mind Flayer please.
Salk
Hello!

I would like to register #G if possible.

Baronius, you have a PM! happy.gif
Baronius
Ithilian: E9 has been registered for you. smile.gif

Salk: #G is now yours! Replying to your PM meanwhile... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.