Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Yovaneth
Hi Baronius

Put me down for NP as well (I currently have YS). Somehow I find myself building two inter-related mods in parallel and I'm not quite sure how that happened! Better put it on the personal list because I'm not ready to announce either mod just yet.

-Y-
Baronius
NP is now registered for you. It's among personal prefixes, we usually don't use the project reservation list anyway.
Thauron
Hello,

Can I use WV?

Thanx
Duality
I'll grab IM if it's not taken.
jastey
Thauron: WV is registered for you.

Duality: IronFist is using IMG so you might want to go for something else.
Duality
Whoops, don't know how I missed that, DU then please.
jastey
DU Fits with your username better anyway. tongue.gif

OK, registered.
horred the plague
If you didn't have mine on the list already, well---the ones in BP are...uhh...BP! tongue.gif

As they have been for years... cool.gif

beer.gif
jastey
BP for The Big Picture is on the list. Good you stopped by, I usually do not go "prefix hunting" in all the forums if you know what I mean!
olimikrig
*Sigh*

Well, I've waited too long to do this, so I guess it's about damn time I get around registering a prefix (which then again means that I have to alter quite a lot of files - thus the "sigh" tongue.gif). It is the wisest, though. I've checked through the registered list, and couldn't find anyone else using the one I wanted to use, whcih is: O!.
If I'm wrong in the above assumption, I think that I'll be able to come up wiht something else wink.gif.
jastey
I assume this was the letter "O". Registered. smile.gif
olimikrig
You were correct in you assumption wink.gif; and so was I it would seem.

Thank you.
drake127
I'd like to register "d_".

I've already registered 7f but in some cases it causes strange behavoiur of game - some items are interpreted as 7 gold pieces (and prefix 8f as 8 gold pieces).
jastey
Looking at The Bigg's suggestions for valid prefixes (see first post of this thread) starting with a number doesn't seem to be recommended indeed.
Do you want the 7f replaced by D_?
drake127
QUOTE(jastey @ Feb 19 2006, 02:44 PM)
Looking at The Bigg's suggestions for valid prefixes (see first post of this thread) starting with a number doesn't seem to be recommended indeed.
Do you want the 7f replaced by D_?

I registered 7f long before the bigg's post tongue.gif. From now I am going to be good guy.

Yes I'd prefer replacement.
jastey
Heh, I didn't mean it that way. I wasn't aware of the problem myself, but now I am. It was just a comment.
D_ is registered for you.
Macready
Hello -

I've been using MAC and plan to continue to do so. I know the rules call for two letters only, and I see that MA isn't taken. So put me down for MA, and I'll just keep MAC'ing.
jastey
MA is registered for you. Have fun MAC'ing. smile.gif
markmid
Hi, I'd like MJ registered under Markmid if thats alright.

Thanks for your help.
Baronius
Your prefix has been registered. I wish you a good modding!
Creepin
Hello.
Chances are that there might appear something worthy of sharing with community in my little workshop, so if no one mind I'd like to get "CR" prefix for my personal use wink.gif
Thanks.
jastey
Registered. smile.gif
Azzathoth
QUOTE(Azzathoth @ Dec 12 2005, 07:31 AM)
With my preferred prefix (the one that follows logically from my screen name and that I've been using throughout my thus-far prewriting) looking for all the world like it's already been registered by someone [edited out], it looks like I'd better register one now rather than have to go through all my mod's files when it's ready for release and replace the prefixes for compatibility reasons...

How about A2?

Since I've started using the screen name "Azkyroth" could my entry in the registered prefix list be changed to reflect that? (Either "Azkyroth"or "Azkyroth/Azzathoth", something like that...
jastey
He, that's not supposed to happen. I had to remove and create a new entry for changing the nick. tongue.gif
kulyok
Damn. You mean, I'll be punished for accidentally typing "kulyok" instead of "Kulyok" once - for my entire life?
jastey
Sure! Especially because I thought it was on purpose.

-What exactly do you expect from me now concerning this? smile.gif
kulyok
Oh! If I could have "Kulyok" instead of "kulyok" in my login and prefix list, I would be mighty grateful.

By the way, if I can take this opportunity: thank you for this list! I already mentioned that BWL was of technical assistance in my Readme, but anyway, Community Filename Prefix List is a great way to avoid _many_ incompatibilities.
Sikret
QUOTE(kulyok @ Mar 16 2006, 01:31 PM)
Damn. You mean, I'll be punished for accidentally typing "kulyok" instead of "Kulyok" once - for my entire life?

Ha ha... jastey (herself) shares a similar fate for not having typed "Jastey" while she could. laugh.gif (but perhaps it was intentional on her part wink.gif )
jastey
Heh, keep it on topic, folks, please. And I never do anything without intention. (keep smiling)
Creepin
QUOTE(jastey @ Mar 16 2006, 12:32 AM)
Registered. smile.gif

Thank you! smile.gif
It's good to know that I'm finally immortalized for descendants rolleyes.gif
kuemper
Reading in CoM a post of Jastey's, I'd like to reserve N# as a prefix for my mod useage. It wasn't on the big list in the first post. Thanks. happy.gif
jastey
That means you haven't given up completely on modding? That's great.

There is "N" reserved for Necaradan which could get into conflict with all others that use N in their two-letter prefix, but I think N# should be fine (and I haven't heard of Necaradan for as long as I am active - someone correct me, please).

So, N# is registered for you. smile.gif
kuemper
Cripes, I had just as much trouble learning about computers in the days of DOS and Windows 3.1 as I do with modding. rolleyes.gif

I'm going to keep going at it. The ideas I have for mod NPCs aren't being done by anyone else afaik.
jastey
That's great. Go us middle aged women!

OK, back on topic. sleep.gif
Saber
Alright, I'd like to register: S- as my prefix

Thanks smile.gif
jastey
Hi Saber,
S- is registered. smile.gif
Have fun!
Red Knight
I'd like to register RK# (it wasn't in the list) as my filename. I'll probably have to recode entirely the NPC, so whatever lies ahead of me is surely called: plenty of bugs.

Thanks,
Red Knight
jastey
Sticking to our two-letter prefix regulation I registered RK for you, so feel free to use RK# and I wish you good luck with recoding...
Duality
I took over the Planar Sphere mod from Hlid and I want to change the prefix from the PSQ (currently registered by Inferno, for this mod I assume) to just PS.
I need longer filenames. biggrin.gif
Thanks
Sikret
If PSQ has conflicts, then PS has conflicts too. If you use PS, you will have to be careful not to use "Q" as the third letter of any of your file names, otherwise it may turn to be identical with one of the other mod's file names.
Duality
Inferno was the original creator of the Planar Sphere mod, hence he had PSQ registered . As far as I know, he didn't use PSQ for any other mod.

I just need that one extra character (why oh why is there an 8 character limit) since there are a lot of creatures and items.
Domi
There are a few easy ways to make 2-letter prefix that is not yet in use: Use a letter and a number: A1 through A9 and 1A through 9A, etc. Reverse the #, !, etc and the letter in prefixes (#J for example), two numbers (00).
Duality
*sigh*
Not to be overly rude, but did anyone actually READ my post?

I'm taking over a mod that used to use PSQ. I want to use PS to make sure that no one else uses it, thus screwing up the mod. I don't need a new prefix.

This is really a prefix change post and not a prefix register post.
Baronius
Your post was clear indeed, it just seems that no Council Member was active to complete your request, and apply the changes on the database. I've just done it.
Duality
Ah, I appreciate it.
I wasn't refering to the database not being updated. Don't worry, I wasn't finding fault with your response time. smile.gif
I was refering to the two other posts that came after my original.
Baronius
wink.gif
Your question is justified, however, not all of the forum members are native English speakers, and sometimes they might not interpret everything correctly first.
Vortex
I would like to reserve the prefix VX for my futur creations.

Looking forward to contibute!
jastey
VX is registered for you. Have fun! smile.gif
K'aeloree
I'd like to register LK please. smile.gif
jastey
Done. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.