Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
The Imp
The "Item Upgrade Mod" has had the "c2" prefix for ages, and I am here just to say that it might be put to the table when/if ever you get to update that list again.
Thanks,
Jarno Mikkola/The Imp.
Baronius
The table is up-to-date, and is updated each time someone registers a prefix.

If an author (or anyone authorized) requests to register the c2 prefix, it will be put to the list. E.g. if you say it can be put there under your username, then we can put it there.
The Imp
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 10 2013, 08:36 PM) *
If an author (or anyone authorized) requests to register the c2 prefix, it will be put to the list. E.g. if you say it can be put there under your username, then we can put it there.
Well, I don't wish to argue about this... but the Item Upgrade Mod was one of the very first Westley Weimer's mods, one made by him before say year 2005 when he went off to his well deserved exile, while the tools that make the mod installing possible and easier were still being developped. The rest of the mods history is just mainanance updates that I have no association with.
So with the respect of that, I request that the c2 is set aside for the mod in question, yes, the c2 is also the mods own folder too, I have no idea what WW was thinking, but gods are not us mortals... this is just so that people in the future can see the prefix as previously reserved. Yeah, someone could update the mod and set a different prefix for it, but then there's always the possible one and never to be seen mod that has checks for the c2 -prefixed items(I don't know such an existing one, but there's a small possibility).

And like said, I, yes Jarno Mikkola, yes now The Imp, already have my prefix IJ... thank you verymuch.
But if you want to put it under my user name, I have no arguments, as long as I can have them both. And no, I have no intention to use the "c2".
Baronius
C2 has been added to the list. Thanks for drawing the attention that it was missing from there.
Idratha
Hrmm... I'd like to ask you for a prefix as I'm working into a mod! It'd be MS# (It doesn't seem to be caught in the list), if possible. Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif
Baronius
MS is now yours (it includes the prefix you requested, i.e. MS#). smile.gif
WonderGoon
Hello. Could I register ART as my prefix, please?

Thanks.
Baronius
Hello!

We register only two-letter prefixes, and AR is already used by someone else, so please choose another prefix.
WonderGoon
AX, then.

Thanks.
Atharaon
Hi!

Can I register JX as a prefix for a mod I'm working on?

Thanks biggrin.gif
Scol
Hi! I would like to register 'S1' prefix.

Thanks.
Baronius
WonderGoon, Atharaon, and Scol: all the requested prefixes have been registered. smile.gif
Coutelier
Hmmm... okay, could I have B2 ? Just started working on a mod for BG:EE which quite simply places a few cameos for some BG2 NPC's in the game.
Baronius
B2 is now yours, thanks.
kimmuryiel
is NF# prefix taken? If so, what about just NF?
kimmuryiel
I call dibs on KFP for Kimmuryiel-Flibble Productions. Kimmuryiel for short smile.gif
LavaDV
Hey! I was poked by some modders to finally post prefixes I used in my mods. Note that I use different prefixes for different mods. I know there are some incompatibilities in like 2 cases, I think... L# and V# if I'm correct. I know they registered their prefixes but it was years back (I think because if it was like months, there would be a date)...but years passed and they never released their mods (let me know if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I think it's better to note my prefixes even with the incompatibility notes than just pretend mods don't exist smile.gif There are mods on my list that share same prefix -- they all should work together smoothly.

Here is the list (all projects but one were released; the unreleased one is in advanced beta testing and it includes over 400 files so...if there's a problem, include a note about possible incompatibility with the non-released mod that was supposed to use it)

0x - CoI: Tales of the Deep Gardens
9x - CoI: Innershade
WQx - CoI: The White Queen
ISNF - CoI: I Shall Never Forget
Yx - CoI: Yvette Romance

ESx - Eilistraee's Song

G1 - Gahesh NPC
L7 - Tsuki BG2 NPC
L3 - Petsy
1x - Aeon (except some items), Avi Maya (Polish mod), Quayle BG2 NPC, Skie BG2
Vx - Varshoon
LD# - Swylif NPC
V# - White NPC

YRx - Yoshimo Romance
Lav - La'Viconia

PA# - PaintBG (used just in few instances; the mod mostly override existing portraits)
IP# - Ilmatar Portrait Pack (used just in few instances; the mod mostly override existing portraits)

No prefixes (no new creatures, scripts or other files) - La'Valygar, Lava's Xan Audio

UNRELEASED:

L# - Foundling NPC
Baronius
Is there anyone who could continue maintaining the list instead of me? I would give full access to it. I don't really have the free time anymore.

I'm looking for someone who is trusted by the community, i.e. modders would accept him/her as the new maintainer of the list. The Black Wyrm Lair would keep hosting the database and webpage as before.
Thimblerig
Hi - could I please reserve T! for Thimblerig?

Thank you.

EDIT

Scratch that - would T1 be okay?
CamDawg
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 2 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Is there anyone who could continue maintaining the list instead of me? I would give full access to it. I don't really have the free time anymore.

I'm looking for someone who is trusted by the community, i.e. modders would accept him/her as the new maintainer of the list. The Black Wyrm Lair would keep hosting the database and webpage as before.

I'll do it.
kimmuryiel
erm, not to sound impatient but when is my prefix going to be registered?
Baronius
No worries, I've just sent the credentials to CamDawg. From now on, he will maintain the list. Thank you very much, CamDawg!
CamDawg
QUOTE(kimmuryiel @ Aug 22 2013, 03:27 AM) *
is NF# prefix taken? If so, what about just NF?

QUOTE(kimmuryiel @ Aug 24 2013, 04:34 AM) *
I call dibs on KFP for Kimmuryiel-Flibble Productions. Kimmuryiel for short smile.gif

Since NF is registered, you've got KF.

QUOTE(Thimblerig @ Sep 4 2013, 08:03 PM) *
Hi - could I please reserve T! for Thimblerig?

Thank you.

EDIT

Scratch that - would T1 be okay?

T1 is yours. And in general, I'd advise folks not to use prefixes with ! just because you have to be a little careful with WeiDU.

Hey, this is pretty easy!

QUOTE(LavaDV @ Aug 28 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Hey! I was poked by some modders to finally post prefixes I used in my mods. Note that I use different prefixes for different mods. I know there are some incompatibilities in like 2 cases, I think... L# and V# if I'm correct. I know they registered their prefixes but it was years back (I think because if it was like months, there would be a date)...but years passed and they never released their mods (let me know if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I think it's better to note my prefixes even with the incompatibility notes than just pretend mods don't exist smile.gif There are mods on my list that share same prefix -- they all should work together smoothly.

Here is the list (all projects but one were released; the unreleased one is in advanced beta testing and it includes over 400 files so...if there's a problem, include a note about possible incompatibility with the non-released mod that was supposed to use it)

0x - CoI: Tales of the Deep Gardens
9x - CoI: Innershade
WQx - CoI: The White Queen
ISNF - CoI: I Shall Never Forget
Yx - CoI: Yvette Romance

ESx - Eilistraee's Song

G1 - Gahesh NPC
L7 - Tsuki BG2 NPC
L3 - Petsy
1x - Aeon (except some items), Avi Maya (Polish mod), Quayle BG2 NPC, Skie BG2
Vx - Varshoon
LD# - Swylif NPC
V# - White NPC

YRx - Yoshimo Romance
Lav - La'Viconia

PA# - PaintBG (used just in few instances; the mod mostly override existing portraits)
IP# - Ilmatar Portrait Pack (used just in few instances; the mod mostly override existing portraits)

No prefixes (no new creatures, scripts or other files) - La'Valygar, Lava's Xan Audio

UNRELEASED:

L# - Foundling NPC

Oh. Oh my. I can see why Baronius fled.

LD#, Lav, PA#, and ISNF have conflicts; ES, YR, L#, and V# are already registered; and we don't take one letter prefixes (CoI: Tales of the Deep Gardens, CoI: Innershade, Yvette, Aeon, Varshoon) since they conflict with everything. WQ, G1, L7, L3, and IP are registered--I'd suggest moving the conflicted namespaces to one of these.
LavaDV
I wouldn't be much affraid LD#, PA# - Someone registered LD, indeed, but do you think any sane person would start the .cre or .itm or any other filename with # just after the prefix?

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but I am more than sceptic about this prefix thing since anyone can just log in and register some combinations of letters/numbers and disappear. I know there is a conflict with V# but...with a personal prefix of a guy who, I believe, registered a prefix and never released a thing. And that's not just Zvijer who did that... That's why I never even tried to register any of my prefixes... I was asked to do so by 2 other modders. The list needs a complete revision but that would require some godlike powers, huh.
...as for ES prefix. I saw that EiriktheScald, even though he has registered the prefix 7 years ago, he never released anything, too.
...hmm L#...it seems it has been registered by LeutianBG in 2004. Surprising, he never released a thing...
...I couldn't find anything for YR...sorry. I suppose Yorleen never released anything, but I may be wrong. If he/she did, it's quite difficult to find it.

Not sure what you mean by one-letter prefixes. Vx isn't one-letter prefix. It has two letters (and it conflicts with Vortex - year 2006... any releases?). Same goes for Yx (which is for Yvette and I can't see any conflict)...

Anyway, I'm not going to change any prefixes. Sorry. Again, I don't mean to sound harsh, but...if I were you, I would include the prefixes with some apripriate notes. If anyone can register any prefix and there is a limit of 2 symbols, more OR less than that won't be accepted, then soon there will be no available prefixes at all...

Not sure what else I can tell you. We can pretend some of my mods doesn't exist. No one had a problem with them anyway, since the registered prefixes were never used. But I think it would be helpful if there was a note or something on the list, mentioning the conflict or something.

I hope you know you get what the problem is... I believe the system of registration miss a check. For example if there if after a year or two prefixes weren't released AND there is no real progress on the mod (to save some projects like Delainy BG2 NPC), the registration should be cancelled.

CamDawg
QUOTE(LavaDV @ Sep 6 2013, 06:18 PM) *
I wouldn't be much affraid LD#, PA# - Someone registered LD, indeed, but do you think any sane person would start the .cre or .itm or any other filename with # just after the prefix?

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but I am more than sceptic about this prefix thing since anyone can just log in and register some combinations of letters/numbers and disappear. I know there is a conflict with V# but...with a personal prefix of a guy who, I believe, registered a prefix and never released a thing. And that's not just Zvijer who did that... That's why I never even tried to register any of my prefixes... I was asked to do so by 2 other modders. The list needs a complete revision but that would require some godlike powers, huh.
...as for ES prefix. I saw that EiriktheScald, even though he has registered the prefix 7 years ago, he never released anything, too.
...hmm L#...it seems it has been registered by LeutianBG in 2004. Surprising, he never released a thing...
...I couldn't find anything for YR...sorry. I suppose Yorleen never released anything, but I may be wrong. If he/she did, it's quite difficult to find it.

Not sure what you mean by one-letter prefixes. Vx isn't one-letter prefix. It has two letters (and it conflicts with Vortex - year 2006... any releases?). Same goes for Yx (which is for Yvette and I can't see any conflict)...

Anyway, I'm not going to change any prefixes. Sorry. Again, I don't mean to sound harsh, but...if I were you, I would include the prefixes with some apripriate notes. If anyone can register any prefix and there is a limit of 2 symbols, more OR less than that won't be accepted, then soon there will be no available prefixes at all...

Not sure what else I can tell you. We can pretend some of my mods doesn't exist. No one had a problem with them anyway, since the registered prefixes were never used. But I think it would be helpful if there was a note or something on the list, mentioning the conflict or something.

I hope you know you get what the problem is... I believe the system of registration miss a check. For example if there if after a year or two prefixes weren't released AND there is no real progress on the mod (to save some projects like Delainy BG2 NPC), the registration should be cancelled.

It's true, with only ~1000 open two-letter combinations we should really be in a hurry to clear out the old prefixes. wink.gif

I misunderstood the Vx ones--I thought the lowercase x was intended as a variable, not as a literal X for a prefix. I've gone ahead with the registrations and noted the conflicts.
LavaDV
Call it harsh, but... right now there are almost 600 prefixes. I think that... 35% of these are actually used. I know it may be a bit...irresponsible for me to break the rule so many times, but I saw the list after I already released some mods. And I realised that most were never used...and then...you know.

To help you, once my RL issues slow down a bit and the hassle is over, I can try to help you to clear the list from prefixes registered years ago and then never used in any mod. Unless you want to do it on your own biggrin.gif
Baronius
By the way, hereby I authorize CamDawg to follow whatever policy he wishes. If he wants to change BWL's policy of "two-letter prefixes only", or delete old unused ones, he is free to do so. He is free to do whatever he wishes.
Meddling Wizard
I would like to use IX prefix. Is it available?
CamDawg
QUOTE(Meddling Wizard @ Sep 12 2013, 07:55 AM) *
I would like to use IX prefix. Is it available?

IX is already taken, though IZ is available.
Jourin
I would like to reserve J9.

Thanks
Jourin
Rughalt
Hi,
I would like to register DH prefix (as it does not appear on the list).

Thanks
Rughalt
CamDawg
QUOTE(Jourin @ Sep 16 2013, 09:36 PM) *
I would like to reserve J9.

Thanks
Jourin

This is registered.

QUOTE(Rughalt @ Oct 1 2013, 02:00 PM) *
Hi,
I would like to register DH prefix (as it does not appear on the list).

Thanks
Rughalt

It's available, but it's a potential conflict with darkholy's DHS.
prozh
Hi! I would like to reserve XG prefix. Is it available?
CamDawg
QUOTE(prozh @ Oct 11 2013, 10:15 AM) *
Hi! I would like to reserve XG prefix. Is it available?

It is, and you're registered.
prozh
QUOTE(CamDawg @ Oct 11 2013, 02:40 PM) *
It is, and you're registered.

Thanks, CamDawg!
Saradas
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to use characters such as $ % + >

if so, I would like to reserve $#. thanks thumb.gif
Saradas
probably it's better !S
Idratha
Hrm... Sorry to bother again, but could I change my prefix from MS to MS#? I think it's not taken yet, and... well, it may be stupid, but it's a stylistic question, because when--... Whatever. I'm kind of a maniac, huh, so... Pretty please? smile.gif
Saradas
????????????????
CamDawg
QUOTE(Saradas @ Oct 13 2013, 10:12 AM) *
probably it's better !S

!S is registered. In general % would be bad since it's a WeiDU delimiter; I'm not sure if $ would work in the engine or not.
QUOTE(Idratha @ Oct 14 2013, 09:33 PM) *
Hrm... Sorry to bother again, but could I change my prefix from MS to MS#? I think it's not taken yet, and... well, it may be stupid, but it's a stylistic question, because when--... Whatever. I'm kind of a maniac, huh, so... Pretty please? smile.gif

MS includes the MS# name space, so if that's what you want to use internally, go for it. We're not yet so pressed for space that we need to go to three letter prefixes.
Saradas
thank you for registering !S

now i only need to modify all my files' names bigcry.gif
Eleandor
I'd like to register E)
angemusicien
I'd like to register CLA mellow.gif
Yovaneth
Cam - when you have a chance could you please remove BS from the personal prefixes and add it into the project prefixes? There's six of us working on this now and it's unfair for me to claim it as personal. No rush as it's really only documentation.

-Y-
Eleandor
Just checking if CamDawg still alive?
Mathsorcerer
I am still not yet to the point where I have any mods which are polished enough to share with the world but at some point this will happen. When it does, I request

M_

as my prefix.
aquadrizzt
I am working on a couple mods that I would like to release at some point.

Can I register the QD prefix?
angemusicien
Forget about CLA, I'm registering 7#
Kai of Candlekeep
Please register KC#

Thanks!
koteko
I'd like to register KT. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.