Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
LavaDV
L# is registered as a prefix for my Foundling mod, but I've been using it for 10 years now in most of my mods. So I guess it should be added to the list not as a Foundling prefix by my prefix (Lava Del'Vortel) that is with conflict with the other L# however it looks like the other one was registered like 15 years ago and never used...
Anyway, I would appreciate if you could delete it from Foundling and just include it as mine with the conflict with the other entry.
Cheers
Baronius
morpheus562: MO has been registered for you. smile.gif
LavaDV
Uhm, so ok. You've decided to skip my post even though that prefix is already in like ~25 mods that I released, not just Foundling. If that's preferable way, then sure. Let's not include it. Have a good one smile.gif
Baronius
LavaDV: I merely missed your post, because the forum software put it to a new topic page and I overlooked it; sorry about that. I've just removed Foundling and added your L# prefix to the Personal Prefix List under your name.
Gldnlqr
Um. Hi. So I've been debating modding since I was a teen. So here we are. Um yeah. Sorry. GLD Like, that's it lol.
LavaDV
Baronius: Thank you!
Baronius
Gldnlqr:
Would you like to register the GL prefix? It's not used, so you can register it. Only two-character long prefixes are allowed.
Allbrother
Hi.

Can I register "WL"?
Baronius
Hello,

WL has been registered for you. smile.gif
Allbrother
Thanks <3
Graion Dilach
Hello,

"ZG" please, thankyou.
Baronius
Hello!

ZG has been registered for you.
AWizardDidIt
Hello, may I register WI as a prefix?

Thank you smile.gif
Baronius
WI has been registered for you. smile.gif
Keneth
I would just like it to be known that I've been using the D! prefix for almost as long as I've been modding (since about 2003). Seeing as Daeva hasn't been active since about 2008 and has never released any widespread mods (at least as far as a quick search has led me to believe), I'm gonna continue using it. The vast majority of my mods aren't public anyway, but I do plan on releasing a large mod in the near future and I have no intention of changing things. Do with that information what you will.
Austin87
Hello! In the "BG1NPCs in BG2" mod and its other mods, their author, Smiling Imp, used the 7X prefix, but I do not see a mark about this in the database - perhaps he forgot to register it. Please add a line to the prefix database stating that the 7X prefix is reserved for Smiling Imp! Otherwise, someone else can also use it and there will be a conflict between the mods.
Baronius
Done!
Bataff
Hello !
I just would like to register this prefix : ENT (three letters, enough for me and it will leave other choices in case for others)
Thank you in advance smile.gif

Edit : Sorry, I didn't see that only two letters were allowed. In that case, it would be ok for the prefix EN.
Baronius
Hello!
EN has been registered for you. smile.gif
Bataff
Thanks a lot, Baronius <3
Austin87
Hello! tipun (modder from our Russian "Arcanecoast Team") asked if he could use the FC prefix? This prefix was taken by François de Callune back in 2017 (here), but after that this user did not appear online and never made a single mod. tipun already has his own mods, and in some of them (for example, in the Rituals of Infinity mod that he is currently creating) he used this prefix. Now, to remove it, he would have to change a lot in the files.
Can he use it?
He said that he could even write a special function that, when installing the mod, will generate file names so as not to conflict with other files with the same prefix (in case François de Callune makes some kind of mod in the future)

P.S. tipun is not registered on BWL, so he asked me to find out.
Baronius
FC has been registered to you, with a comment that you've done it on the behalf of tipun. Yes, the script tipun mentioned to prevent collisions would be important indeed. smile.gif
Acifer
Hello,
I’d like to register AC# as prefix for Acifer.
maus changed his prefix from M$ to M8 due to problems with the script compiler for cutscenes.
Thanks!
Baronius
Hello,
AC has been registered for you, and the prefix of maus was updated as well. smile.gif
Nico999
Hello,

A few months ago, I registered a prefix N).
This prefix is giving me issues because when I use nearinfinity to create a tileset, it drops the parenthesis and generates files starting with just N.
I'd like to change that prefix to NZ. => I misinterpreted, 2nd character -letter or not- is dropped for the PVRZ file name, and it's like that for all other mods. No need to change prefix for now.
I haven't released any mod so far.

Thanks,
Nicolas.
Dan_P
Hi, can you register D2 to me (Dan_P). Thanks. This is just for some small item and kit mods I might release eventually.
Askii
Hi.
Could you please register "a9" as a prefix for me. I'm working on a mod for BGEE/BG2EE that will be containing a handful of kits.

Thank you!
GuardianAnubite
Could I please get "GA" registered as my prefix? I'm just starting out so it'll be a while, but my goal is to eventually make enemy and ability randomizers.
afrothundaaaa
Can I please register "a9" as a prefix for me? I'm writing mods that rework kits, specifically druid kits, but will be patching in item overhaul mods including cursed item reworking and additional quests/etc.
Baronius
afrothundaaaa: unfortunately, A9 was already registered by someone else 2 days ago, as you can see in the topic.

Dan_P: the requested prefix has been registered for you.

Askii: the requested prefix has been registered for you.

GuardianAnubite: the requested prefix has been registered for you.
afrothundaaaa
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 14 2021, 01:27 AM) *
afrothundaaaa: unfortunately, A9 was already registered by someone else 2 days ago, as you can see in the topic.

Dan_P: the requested prefix has been registered for you.

Askii: the requested prefix has been registered for you.

GuardianAnubite: the requested prefix has been registered for you.

Can I get "a8" then?
Baronius
Sure, A8 has been registered for you.
Kirowen
Hey-- could I grab the "KQ" prefix? I've been writing and coding a friendship expansion for Imoen in BG1, beyond what's already in the BG1NPC project. Thanks!
webba84
Hi, could I please grab the !W prefix? Just got back into the wonderful world of BG and planning a fun little NPC mod.
Baronius
Kirowen: your prefix has been registered. smile.gif

webba84: your prefix has been registered. smile.gif
CamDawg
Please reserve r1 for RoorenArt. Thanks!
Baronius
QUOTE(CamDawg @ Oct 9 2021, 02:48 PM) *
Please reserve r1 for RoorenArt. Thanks!

R1 has been reserved for RoorenArt. smile.gif
Pol_Rupes
Hello! I'd like to reserve the prefix P_

Thanks in advance.
Baronius
Hello!

P_ has been registered for you.
ChanWakhan
Hello, can I register prefix V9, please?
Baronius
Hello,
V9 has been registered for you.
Killerwizerd
How do I go about *actually* registering for a modder prefix? Is it a button/s I can press? Or do I simply ask in a message on here for one? If I just simply ask, I'd like to ask for KW, since you know... I'm Killerwizerd lol

Thank you!
Killerwizerd
*Update* (Since I can't seem to edit my last post)
I plan on releasing a custom portrait pack, an NPC mod and a dialogue expansion mod. I will be uploading them all on Github as well as G3 and any of the other relevant sites.
If I release any NSFW content, it will be on one of the sites where that sort of thing is appropriate.
My requested prefix is KW, since I did not see that on the reserve list.
Baronius
It's just a message here, yes smile.gif

KW has just been registered for you.
Killerwizerd
I thank thee~!
Serkyan
Uh, I'm still learning, but the tutorial I'm reading mentions registering for a prefix on here, so yeah...8S is what I'm thinking, since it doesn't seem to be in use on the list there.
Baronius
8S has been registered for you smile.gif
jmerry
jmerry here, primarily active at the Beamdog forums. Requesting J8 for my prefix, since my first choice JM is claimed already.

Currently in development: a tweak mod, mostly my personal tweaks exported for anyone to use. Bugfixes, rule changes, and a bit of new content unearthed from unused Black Pits 2 material.
Future plans that may or may not get made:
- "Dorn's Third Option": a way for Dorn to get his powers back eventually if he loses them in BG2EE by killing his patrons
- Korgan in BG1: a cameo for the dwarven berserker in Beregost, inspired by some of his banters.
Baronius
Thank you for your detailed introduction (everyone should do it like that!), and good luck for your progress!

J8 has been registered for you.
Graion Dilach
Hello,

Can I request 5S for Sarevok57? He released a massive mod for IWDEE 1.4 on the Beamdog forums in plain override-zip format and now that I got permission to convert it to WeiDU to update it for 2.6, I noticed that he didn't used modder prefixes and even lacks one. I know I could use mine, but I find that disrespectful somewhat.

Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.