Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Druss
Hi everyone!

I'm working on a NPC mod - Adam NPC (beta version - still working on two quests) available in polish and english.
I will use #D prefix but if D# gets free one day I would like to have it :-) .
Baronius
Hello!

Thanks, #D has been registered for you.
Bearwere
hello everyone. May I have WB as my prefix?
Ripper
Hello Baronius,

I'm back to you for registering another prefixe for me...in order to create a one-day npc, added to my PNJ mod.

It would be #T if possible.

Thanks to you,

Best regards
Baronius
Bearwere: WB has been registered for you. Thanks for registering!

Ripper: prefixes aren't for mods directly, they are assigned to authors smile.gif According to the database you already have two personal prefixes registered, why don't use an existing prefix for your new mod?
muffin-tacos
Could I please have #F as my prefix, if it's free? smile.gif
Baronius
Sure. smile.gif #F has been registered for you.
muffin-tacos
Thank you! happy.gif
Zayn
Hello,

I'd like to enter ZN into the base as my prefix reservation.

Zayn~
Baronius
Hello!

ZN is now yours, it has been registered.
erik
Greetings!

EK looks like a good prefix. I'll grab it, if you don't mind...?
Baronius
Hello erik!

I'll grab it, if you don't mind...?

In fact, I'm glad you do so. The use of prefixes decreases compatibility risks that follow from identifier collisions.

Nonetheless, EK is free, so you have right to register it regardless of our possible position anyway. smile.gif

EK has been registered for you. Please inform us in case you abandon the prefix for some reason, so we can make it free again (don't get me wrong, this is just the general text repeated occasionally -- I wish all the best to your modding!)
Deratiseur
Hello :-)

DER isn't reserved, so can i take it ?

Edit : Ho, sorry. I ever say it on Jan 19 2008. So i re-reserve DER for two projects.
Baronius
Hello!

Unfortunately, there are two problems with DER:
1. It's a three-character prefix, and we register only two-character long prefixes.
2. DE is also taken (and some legacy three-character prefixes also conflict with it), which makes it strongly discouraged to register DE.

Please try to choose another prefix, if possible.
Deratiseur
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 11 2008, 03:53 PM) *
1. It's a three-character prefix, and we register only two-character long prefixes.

I don't understand. I see MCA, RTW, AKL, AKLON (5 !) AOT#, ARDH, ASH, and so.... (continue with 25 first letters..) in the Filename Prefix Reservations Lists

I have made a mod kit, and i prepare 5 over kits and 2 NPCS, all my files begins by "der" :-/

If i cannot register, too bad, i'll made unregisted mods :-(
Moongaze
QUOTE(Deratiseur @ May 11 2008, 05:32 PM) *
If i cannot register, too bad, i'll made unregisted mods :-(

"My way or the highway", hmm?
Can't you simply choose a different prefix instead of being so difficult? The List is only to prevent conflicts when installing mods together. If you don't use a prefix, chances are your mod will be incompatible with a number of others, or even have them malfunction because files are overwritten. If that's not your problem (which I assume is your modding attitude), then go ahead, though it will be frowned upon.

Besides, Baronius said it's not recommended, not impossible. He's saying that for your own benefit, and everyone else's as well....so I'd advise not to behave like that.
Baronius
QUOTE(Deratiseur)
I don't understand. I see MCA, RTW, AKL, AKLON (5 !) AOT#, ARDH, ASH, and so.... (continue with 25 first letters..) in the Filename Prefix Reservations Lists

We didn't remove three-letter prefixes that had been registered earlier. Quote from the initial post of the present thread:

QUOTE(initial post)
ONLY two-letter prefixes can be registered. (Note: prefixes that had been registered before this rule came into force were not deleted.)

However, even if three-character long prefixes were allowed, DER would still be conflicting, Deratiseur, because of the DE prefix! Imagine that the owner of the DE prefix can use any filenames starting with DE, which is a superset of DER!

So, if you wish, we can add DE under your username as well, and mark it as conflicting. However, I strongly recommend choosing a different, free prefix and renaming your files and identifiers. It may be a boring activity, but you can avoid a lot of future problems, believe me. wink.gif
Deratiseur
QUOTE(initial post)
However, even if three-character long prefixes were allowed, DER would still be conflicting, Deratiseur, because of the DE prefix! Imagine that the owner of the DE prefix can use any filenames starting with DE, which is a superset of DER!

Hum, a saw another side of the matter, then. And a logical side, what's more.
Ok, so i'll work to find a logical prefixe for my files.

Baronius
DB, DF, DI and a lot of other prefixes are free.

For example, DI as Deratiseur smile.gif

If/when you've made a decision, please let us know here.
Deratiseur
Hum...

Don't ask me why please ^^, I take the "PX" prefixe.

And i'll avoid to start my files by PXB, i saw that it's reserved.

Have a good day smile.gif
Baronius
PX has been registered to you! wink.gif

Comments were added that it conflicts with PXB, but these don't have any practical consequences (and incompatibilities won't arise, provided you don't use PXB).
Deratiseur
Ok, thanks ;-)

Have a good day ;-)
Ripper
Hello Baronius, sorry for not having answered early, a lot of work. There is no matter and I continue my road to the victory. smile.gif

P.S : Salut Deratiseur! Comme on se retrouve, hein? smile.gif
Wisp
I'd like to reserve the prefix FL.
Thanks.
Baronius
Thanks, FL has been registered for you.
TS25
Hello,

I would like to register "TZ".

Thanks.

- TS25
Baronius
TZ has been registered for you. Thanks for registering!
Solen
Hello,

I'd like to register FM

Thank you.
Baronius
Done, FM is now yours. smile.gif
Aeryes
Hello there
I followed a link from the WeiDU Documentation and am here to register a prefix
I wanted DNT (as per my initials), and then noticed 3-letter ones aren't being registered anymore. May I inquire as to why?
Anyway, sign me up for #A
FranzSchaede
Hello there !

As I asked for in my last PM, could you sign me up for FS ?

Thank you !
Baronius
#A has been registered for you, thanks.

There are more reasons why three character-long prefixes aren't possible. For example, mixing three and two character-long prefixes requires additional attention, because the set of unique identifers generated by a two-character prefix might include the identifiers generated by a three-character prefix. In the present system, everyone gets a two-character prefix (and thus more characters remain for the effective part of the identifier), and no one sends unnecessary requests to register XYA or XYQ while XY is already registered by someone else.

I wanted DNT (as per my initials)[..]

I think I've mentioned it earlier, but this can be never be repeated enough times it seems: prefixes are a way to guarantee unique identifiers (such as filenames) in order to avoid incompatibility caused by identifier collisions. They don't have any additional role, despite the fact that sometimes it's possible to choose prefixes that are somehow related to your name, username, nickname, cat's name etc. Your passport number doesn't include your birthday date, does it? smile.gif
Shinook
Hello (it's been a long time !), I'd like to register the prefix :

Fl#

Would it be possible ?
Baronius
Hello!

Unfortunately, FL is already taken. Please choose another prefix (e.g., FI is still available).
Shinook
Yes, I saw it, damn.

So, I'll take the "FS#". I think this one is ok ? smile.gif
Baronius
FS has been registered for you. smile.gif It obviously includes FS#.
nenai
Hello!

Can I take "NE" ? tongue.gif

Baronius
Of course smile.gif NE is now yours.
Rabbi Satan
Greetings smile.gif

I'd like to reserve prefix "RS", if it's not taken already.

Many thanks smile.gif
nenai
Thank you!! laugh.gif
Baronius
Rabbi Satan: RS has been registered for you, thanks. smile.gif

nenai: Good luck for the mod(s), have fun!
Isina
I'd like to register #E! if I may =]
Baronius
#E has been registered for you. Thanks for registering!
magrat
May I please register the prefix 'M_'? smile.gif

It didn't look like it was taken when I checked, but if there's a problem, I can think of a new one!
Baronius
It is registered to someone called Malnefein. If you can provide a different one, that would be good.
magrat
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 25 2008, 03:20 PM) *
It is registered to someone called Malnefein. If you can provide a different one, that would be good.

May I have 'A-' then, please? smile.gif Or anything similar... I'm really quite easy, and will have anything simple that's available.

Thank you biggrin.gif
Baronius
A- has been registered for you. smile.gif
magrat
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 25 2008, 05:33 PM) *
A- has been registered for you. smile.gif

Many thanks! And now... to the tutorials! biggrin.gif
Icendoan
Due to the SHS issue I would just like to be safe and register a different one wink.gif

!! if possible.

Icen

Baronius
What/which SHS issue do you mean?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.