Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Baronius
Yeah the alphabethical list seems to be the best.
Prefix conflicts will still be indicated, it's an important information. Additionally, the registration date of the prefix is recorded (but, of course, the prefixes do not expire).
Baronius
Filename prefix reservations list has been re-organized.
Awake
looks good, i just had a tough time finding it. my mouse went over it several times, but i didn't realize it. It's much cleaner and easy to use. good job
Amazor'dra
Please register me for SK#, the Neht mod. wink.gif
jastey
Hi! Nice list, indeed!
I'm actually missing ~X#~ for the BG1NPC project at G3.
Awake
hmm... i had my samurai kit hosted over at lunaticgaming, and now icelus is hosting my mods. but on the kit at lunaticgaming the prefix is still A$ i tried to get a hold of DevilishPope/Korthing, but i can't. So until i can, you might want to add that prefix.
Tsuru
I'd like to register BSM on behalf of Blacksheep Mods, if I could, please? I'm still trying to decide what to use for my own Morgan, since the M# I'm coding with is taken not once, but twice on this list *chuckle*

Thanks!
Dashael
I'd like to reserve AoT# for my Clifton, my Advocate of Tyr NPC
Xenageo
Mine is XE. Thanks.
Meira
QUOTE(Tsuru @ Sep 26 2004, 11:11 AM)
I'd like to register BSM on behalf of Blacksheep Mods, if I could, please? I'm still trying to decide what to use for my own Morgan, since the M# I'm coding with is taken not once, but twice on this list *chuckle*

Thanks!

LOL, sorry about that Tsuru (and Morrow)!

Why would you not take T#? You could use it with all you future projects instead of figuring out a new one for each. smile.gif
Baronius
Thanks, Awake, I hope this is a bit easier-to-view than the previous one.

Amazor'dra: are you sure you want to register SK#? It's very similar to SirKill's SK prefix and he is an active modder (i.e. he is probably using it)

Tshuru, Dashael and Xenageo: your prefixes are now registered. wink.gif

Jastey, thanks for paying my attention to those, Domi's P# and BG1 NPC Project's X# prefixes were missing...! I've just added them.
Tsuru
QUOTE(Meira @ Sep 26 2004, 05:08 PM)
LOL, sorry about that Tsuru (and Morrow)!

Why would you not take T#? You could use it with all you future projects instead of figuring out a new one for each. 

Meira, don't worry bout it! smile.gif I didn't even think about that, to be honest. I tend to use more names than Tsuru online, and am likely to confoosle myself more than usual if I did that *grin*
Reapper99
Hi,

the new list is great. Could you register the prefix MCA for the "Modron Cube Adventure" mod for BGII and the prefix R99 for my personal mini-mods?

Thanks in advance Reapper99!
SConrad
I'd like to reserve 'Ex' for Ex Parte Moddarz, a new modding-group currently hosted at FW. I'm the technical leader, so you can sign me up as 'Person'. Thanks in advance. smile.gif
Amazor'dra
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 26 2004, 05:24 PM)
Amazor'dra: are you sure you want to register SK#? It's very similar to SirKill's SK prefix and he is an active modder (i.e. he is probably using it)

Yes, I still want that.... I really don't want to have to rename all of my mod files. wink.gif
Baronius
Amazor'dra, SConrad and Reapper99: your prefixes have been officially registered.
SConrad
Thanks. smile.gif
Reapper99
Thanks.
Amazor'dra
Thank you!
Sir-Kill
Screw it, If its not going to conflict with anyone you can change mine to KL
cliffette
Thanks for adding me and I like the new view. smile.gif

As a side note, I used "WW" for the Minsc cut quest of Unfinished Business, which means that I conflicted with Alaron.
maximize20
I'm sort of new to modding, and I was using XI but that conflicts...
I don't see MX there anywhere. Can that be added?
Baronius
Sir Kill, prefix has been changed. Maximize20, your prefix (MX) has been registered wink.gif

Thanks for the compliment, cliffette, I'm happy to see that beside maintaining the list, Black Wyrm has also managed to change its system in a positive way.
Moongaze
I've only recently started modding, so I hope 'tis not a problem if I request the "MG" prefix. smile.gif
Baronius
Hi! smile.gif
The prefix is not on the list, so yes, it's now reserved for you. It will be officially added to the list during the next update of the list.
Hi ! ^^

I've recently started modding too, could i have the SN prefix please ?

thanks smile.gif
SousNain
Oops sorry i forgot to say my name : SousNain
Baronius
'Aurphan Intelechid' uses SND.
Are you sure you want to register SN? It slightly collides with SND. You could use e.g. SN# or anything such. It's up to you though.

Moongaze, your prefix has just been added to the list wink.gif
Yay! happy.gif Thank ye!
Moongaze
Ehr, that was me ^
unsure.gif I'm not used to Guest-posting. tongue.gif
Baronius
Then go register! tongue.gif
it's ok for SN#, Baronius smile.gif
Baronius
Great. Prefix is now on the list.
Kabuki
I might as well reserve RM for me in case I need it for something smile.gif
Baronius
Done. smile.gif
Arch Angel
I'm going with A@

smile.gif
Baronius
It's now registered, Arch Angel smile.gif
Chevar
Well the WTP's going to need area prefixes for areas converted from IWD, PST and BG1.. having a problem with finding something that works and is logical..

looks like it's going to be

BA - BG1 areas
IA - IWD areas
PA - Planescape areas

can you verify those aren't claimed pending an update.. these codes are for area files only.
Silmarien
Hi, new here. I'd like to register E3 for the Fade Romance mod (at CoM, nearing completion... sort of) and VS for my next project.
jastey
Maybe it would be a good idea if every modder would stick to one prefix instead of registering one for every project. Going with two or three letters leaves a lot of possibilities but still they aren't unlimited. Just a thought that came to my mind while reading the latter post (Sorry Silmarien). smile.gif
Awake
hm, but the WTP is including a lot of new areas, and it would be nice if we would be able to go through the files with these prefixes to make things a lot easier on us.
Baronius
Chevar, those prefixes have been registered to the World Transition Project; Silmarien, E3 has been registered for the Fade Romance mod.

Jastey is right, a separate prefix shouldn't be used for each project...
Silmarien, do you want VS as your permanent personal prefix or would you like to choose another one?
SimDing0
If you take a single mod prefix, you've then got room for 9999 different area names. I don't think WTP's going to be using that many. Using hundreds of different prefixes for a project is daft.
jastey
QUOTE(Baronius @ Oct 22 2004, 02:11 PM)
Jastey is right, a separate prefix shouldn't be used for each project...

I didn't say anything against prefixes for very big projects, there it makes sense to use one project specific prefix and not a whole lot of different ones. Very big project for me means at least three different people coding . smile.gif
Baronius
The same giant project can have more prefixes registered if it's really needed (like in case of areas, which are very common files), but I meant (and thought that you meant that too) that DIFFERENT projects of the same author shouldn't use different prefixes...

SimDing0: right. Obviously they aren't needed because of the filename variations but to make the development easier and more organized. (So the area filenames taken from different IE games can be logical; for the areas, developers does not have to spend time to make complex filenames using the same prefix)
jastey
QUOTE(Baronius @ Oct 22 2004, 03:10 PM)
I meant (and thought that you meant that too) that DIFFERENT projects of the same author shouldn't use different prefixes...

I meant that, too and I know you meant that, too. -I only wanted to point the other thing out. This is a spam post... smile.gif
jcompton
QUOTE(jastey @ Oct 22 2004, 06:51 AM)
Maybe it would be a good idea if every modder would stick to one prefix instead of registering one for every project. Going with two or three letters leaves a lot of possibilities but still they aren't unlimited. Just a thought that came to my mind while reading the latter post (Sorry Silmarien). smile.gif

While I agree that some preparations are perhaps overblown (see that Ken listing, for instance) you'd be surprised, especially if people are sharing a "group" prefix, how easy it is to clash. There was a rather infamous problem with Kelsey and the old FW Item Pack because both had items cleverly named "FWRING01." This is why there is a good argument to be made for individual prefixes rather than "group" prefixes. Or, for using a third character after the group's starting prefix, PGK for Keto, for instance.

(Oh, while I'm here and we're vaguely on the subject--none of the various mods we've coded up with "FW" prefixes will be recoded.)
Andyr
Some prolific modders might want more than one prefix due to the sheer volume of files they are using.
igi
I am against multiple registrations for 1 person/group.
Get a single prefix, and then use your own judgement to share it out among the team as you see fit (eg. DL would become DLAJ and DLII etc).
Having multiple prefix's just to help organise things seems vain, arrogant, lazy and wasteful imo.

And if there is a modder who requires multiple prefix's due to the amount of files created, I would be seriously impressed.
Chevar
Actually I found an alternative, however If you don't mind I'd like that registration for those three modified.. "global TIS file naming registration for <game>"

ba=bg1
ia=iwd
pa=pst

those prefixes are available for non TIS files without conflict.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.