Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Nastian
I'd like to register N! wink.gif
jastey
Done.

Although I would like to draw your attention to this post. Using an "!" in the prefix seems to confuse WeiDU sometimes, although it seems the problem gets non-existent if you always use tildas in the code.
Nastian
QUOTE(jastey @ Apr 25 2006, 08:08 PM)
Although I would like to draw your attention to this post. Using an "!" in the prefix seems to confuse WeiDU sometimes, although it seems the problem gets non-existent if you always use tildas in the code.

Thank you.

I'll remember your warning of "!" using. wink.gif
Valiant
I´d like to register VA# for my future projects...

If there´ll be any... biggrin.gif
jastey
Sticking to our two-letter prefix rule "VA" is registered for you. Feel free to use VA# as your prefix and have fun!
Valiant
Yeah, thank you, lady... wink.gif
Maurolava
Hi,

Can I please register with ML

Thank you in advance,

Maurolava
jastey
Done. smile.gif
Maurolava
Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Maurolava
Troll
I'm using (tr) as my prefix.
Baronius
Since you posted in this thread, I assume that you wanted to register the prefix. It's already registered by someone else, so please choose another one.
Ombre
Hello,

I'd like to be registered under JB please happy.gif

Thank you !
jastey
JB is registered. smile.gif
Jarl
Hi Jastey,

I'm using JA# as file-prefix

greetings
jastey
I am sorry, but "JA" is already registered for aigleborgne, and would lead to possible incompatibilities with your prefix (we only register 2-letter prefixes, btw.).
I'd recommend you choose another one.

Are you Jarl from the German boards, by any chance? smile.gif
Jarl
Yes smile.gif

... but I can see some prefixes there with more than two letters/symbols sad.gif
jastey
Hi Jarl! smile.gif

Yes, but these are older ones. And if nothing helps you still can register a two-letter prefix and add a third one for your coding...

But the rule is that we do not register prefixes that would lead to conflicts with others (for obvious reasons), so... sad.gif
Daeva
Might I register for "D!" - it doesn't seem to clash with anything and neither is it taken . . .

Cheers.
jastey
Done.
Again I want todraw attention to the problems that might arise by using "!" in the prefix, although they seem to be nonexistent if tildas are used at all places (see this thread at G3).
Daeva
Okay cool, I take care then. Tah.
badalamenti
Hey there and hello,

Any chance I can take on H2 (HB as a second choice, in case of any conflict)?

Thanks in advance!
jastey
H2 is registered for you. smile.gif
badalamenti
Thank you so much.

I published a small mod using a H# prefix without even thinking there was already a database (AND that it was already taken) on the works. Great idea, by the way.

Yeah, and I'll update the mod with my new prefix, of course.

Cheers
yarpen
Hey!

Can you register my prefix? YA#
Baronius
I registered YA for you. We don't register three-letter prefixes, only two letter ones. It is more advantageous, as you can use any filenames starting with "YA". It obviously includes YA# as well.

Have fun while making your mods!
Grey Acumen
I guess I'll register for the BC prefix, since that's what I'm currently using
jastey
QUOTE(Grey Acumen @ Jul 26 2006, 09:59 PM) *

I guess I'll register for the BC prefix, since that's what I'm currently using

Done.
cmorgan
Well, a little late into the game for me, so to speak...

it is ok right now, because I am under Project work mostly, but I'd better get one in before I get rolling on personal work.
Hmmm... Cmorgan.... c's and m's massively overrepresented.
I guess I need to break convention (no possibility of a CM# on that list, even if 3 chars were allowed, it would probably conflict with CoM's reservations...)

Dealer's choice for one of the following reserved for me, please
(in rank order, most preferred to least preferred);
C+
C-
#C
+C
#M
+M
WizWom
I was going to ask for "WW" - but, of course, that would be like stepping on the toes of a saint, at the very least.

I guess W^ will do.

Mwuhahhahah - prepare for the destruction of everything you hold near and dear! I have officially registered!

You will suffer! You will all suffer!
Oh, wait... um, that's Irenicus' line.

Nevermind!
jastey
cmorgan: If I understood correctly, "C+" is your most preferred and therefore registered.

WizWom: Are you sure the "^" sign is supported?
The Bigg
I don't like '+' too much, but it SHOULD work. It's not in the recommended list though, while the second choice (C-) is.
'^' conflicts with regexp synthax, so no chance, sorry.
cmorgan
I'll follow The Bigg's suggestion; hard enough to get stuff to work the way I want without being on the "safe" side of things!

Please put me down for "C-" (not as a grade, but as a personal prefix).

I can say now that I wish to reserve this for 1 year, please... I enjoy being a Project Person, so unless my personal plot writing improves I may simply be a coding/troubleshooting assistant to other author's creative works, and not put stuff out under the prefix. If I have not used it within the year as evidenced by a (small) stand-alone mod, please remove me from the list automatically so someone else can use it, and I will reapply for something else.
jastey
Thank you for the support The Bigg.
cmorgan: Changed the prefix to C- as requested. I also put a note about the one-year timespan. Once you use the prefix (or you change your mind) it would be nice if you would state your interest in keeping it, though.
cmorgan
Will do - just don't want to hog resources!
WizWom
QUOTE(The Bigg @ Aug 4 2006, 04:15 AM) *

I don't like '+' too much, but it SHOULD work. It's not in the recommended list though, while the second choice (C-) is.
'^' conflicts with regexp synthax, so no chance, sorry.

W^ works fine, Infinity Engine works nicely with it.
Like I don't know how to escape a character in RegExp?

Give me W^, I like the way it looks. And I'm all the more sure no one else will mess with my files :-)
jastey
QUOTE(WizWom @ Aug 5 2006, 04:02 PM) *
Give me W^
It's yours. smile.gif
Akadis
Hello !

Can you register my prefix? AK#
berelinde
May I add one of the following (first choice is first, the rest are in decreasing order of preference)

B!
R-
T!
RT
J!
RJ
Baronius
Akadis: your prefix is a three letters long, and we register two character-long prefixes only. I tried to register AK for you, but it would be in conflict with BigRob's prefix. (Which is three-letter long, but it was registered before the rule of 2 letters.) Could you choose another one? There are plenty of combinations that start with A.

berelinde: B! registered for you! smile.gif
Akadis
Give me E_
jastey
QUOTE(Akadis @ Aug 14 2006, 11:51 AM) *

Give me E_

Done.
Meridan 1
Id like to lay claim to "7S" tongue.gif
jastey
QUOTE(Meridan 1 @ Aug 21 2006, 07:47 PM) *

Id like to lay claim to "7S" tongue.gif

Done.
DavidW
I thought I'd flag the fact that I use "DW#" in Sword Coast Stratagems. It looks as if I can't actually register it because you don't like three-letter registrations and someone already has "DW", but I'm not inclined to change it as it looks like a huge source of bugs and hassle, and doesn't seem to be causing any actual disruption at all.

(I didn't come across this list until very recently.)
Baronius
It shouldn't be a source of bugs if you precisely change everything to another prefix, but I can also understand it can be lot of work.
Although Dreamer's DW registration is less than one-year old so it's not an old prefix, I've added yours too, since it's used in an existing mod.
Avenger_teambg
Anyone used AV?
If not, don't do it from now wink.gif
Not like it will collide with anything, i just made a few items for iwd2 (domi's mod).

[edit]
oops, i've already registered them a while ago. I forgot...
WizWom
well, looks like The Bigg was right but wrong about the '^' being trouble. Windows XP treats a ^ as a special chaaacter in filenames, unless escaped, and there's no way to get the engine to escape things easily.

Let's use Wx, I suppose, although I'm disappointed.
Baronius
Prefix changed, WX is now registered for you. wink.gif
SixOfSpades
Well, I can't use 6oS, poopie.

So, when I start modding (shudder), I'd like to reserve S6, please.
jastey
QUOTE(SixOfSpades @ Sep 7 2006, 09:06 PM) *

So, when I start modding (shudder), I'd like to reserve S6, please.
Done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.