Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
BCaesar
Is it possible to get a longer prefix? If so I'd like to claim _rc_ for my restcheck coding (for people to drop into their mods to prevent their resting scenes from triggering with any of the BG2:EE in-game dream or romance rest scenes.

If possible I really would like the full four characters. It doesn't matter of later on someone else gets '_r' as their prefix since this is for a very specific thing, rather than a ton of modding.

Thanks,
BCaesar
BCaesar
QUOTE(BCaesar @ Mar 29 2017, 03:24 PM) *
Is it possible to get a longer prefix? If so I'd like to claim _rc_ for my restcheck coding (for people to drop into their mods to prevent their resting scenes from triggering with any of the BG2:EE in-game dream or romance rest scenes.

If possible I really would like the full four characters. It doesn't matter of later on someone else gets '_r' as their prefix since this is for a very specific thing, rather than a ton of modding.

Thanks,
BCaesar

And if you don't want to give out any prefixes longer than two characters then please just give me _r if that's free and that way I don't have to change any of my _rc_ prefixes (since I'll have _r).
Baronius
François de Callune: FC is now yours. Have a good modding! smile.gif

BCaesar: _R has been registered for you, so it includes __r__ smile.gif
François de Callune
Thank you very much smile.gif
Ineth
The Wild Mage Additions mod uses the three-letter prefix WM_ for the files it adds to the override folder.

It's an older mod and the author is no longer active, but it's been ported to the EE by the BiG-World-Fixpack, and it's still being used by players. It's also available in BiG-World-Setup.

Therefore, it might be good to add the prefix to the Project Prefix List, so that no-one registers it and inadvertently causes conflicts.
Krugos
Hi, I would like to register the prefix KY please. smile.gif Hoping to release some small mods as a I learn coding for a larger mod I've had a few years in development.
Thanks in advance!
Baronius
Ineth: I've registered it under your name, with a note that it belongs to WMA.

Krugos: KY is now yours. Have fun with modding! smile.gif
Krugos
QUOTE(Baronius @ Apr 30 2017, 01:51 PM) *
Krugos: KY is now yours. Have fun with modding! smile.gif

Thank you! smile.gif
Sinaherib
Hello!
I'm currently working on an NPC mod, and i'd like to register prefix SI, if it is stil free.
Baronius
Hello!

Unfortunately, SI collides with an existing prefix of someone else. All prefixes starting with S seem to be taken. You can scroll down here to the "Personal prefixes list" to see which prefixes are in use:
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/prefixes/index.php
Sinaherib
QUOTE(Baronius @ May 18 2017, 05:36 PM) *
Hello!

Unfortunately, SI collides with an existing prefix of someone else. All prefixes starting with S seem to be taken. You can scroll down here to the "Personal prefixes list" to see which prefixes are in use:

Yes, I looked through it before, but didn't notice SI, only SIL. I guess it still collides. But that's ok, how about YI then? I examined the list, but didn't see such prefix.
Baronius
YI has been registered for you. smile.gif

(Yes, SIL collides with SI, because SI allows files to start with SIL as well.)
zarffyn
May I please register "ZT" ?

I'm starting an NPC mod tutorial, and hope to have fun taking it from there. smile.gif

Thank you!
Baronius
ZT has been registered for you. smile.gif
zarffyn
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jun 17 2017, 03:30 AM) *
ZT has been registered for you. smile.gif

Thank you! smile.gif
jmaeq
Hi! I'd like to register for QI please. Thank you so much!
Baronius
Hi! QI is now yours. smile.gif
Raduziel
Hi,

Can you register RZ# as my signature?

Thanks!
Baronius
Unfortunately, RZ is already registered to someone else. Only two-letter prefixes are allowed. Please check the list and choose another two-letter prefix:
Raduziel
No problems,

Can you sign me under RA?

Thanks!
Baronius
Sure, RA has been registered for you. smile.gif
Nubad
Hey, is !N available? if so, can you register it for me?
Baronius
Hi, !N has been registered for you.
wizerthe13th
Hi everyone, debuting a project on Citatel Cavitius inspired from Die! Vecna! Die! After checking the list, I will take the prefix PP, for Project Planescape.

Thank you!
Baronius
Hello!

PP has been registered for you. smile.gif
v_k
Hi,

Could I register V- for my prefix?

Thanks!
Baronius
Hello!

V- is now yours!
flippinflynn
Hey can I use AF as my prefix? Thanks
Baronius
AF has been registered for you, flippinflynn smile.gif
Ravandel
Hello,

Can you register R@ for me?
Baronius
Hello Ravandel, the prefix is now yours.
Ravandel
Ok thank you smile.gif
Fog6532
Hi, could I register 5E please?
Baronius
Hello, 5E is now yours. smile.gif
c4_angel
Hello Baronius, could I use c4 please?
Baronius
Hello c4_angel, C4 has been registered for you. smile.gif
c4_angel
Thank you, Baronius!
skellytz
How's it going, Baronius?

I'd like to register S@, please.

Happy New Year smile.gif
Baronius
Happy new year, skellytz!

S@ has been registered for you. smile.gif
Gwendolyne_FP
Hello, I would register CO for the French moddeur Cocrane who has problems to sign in.

thanks.
Baronius
Hello, I have registered it under your name and added Cocrane to the comment field.
Gwendolyne_FP
Thanks!

Always efficient. As usual...
Soliir
Hello Baronius. If I'm not mistaken, the prefix "S0" should be available. Could you register me (Soliir) on that prefix?

I'm currently learning how to mod by doing some druid & ranger kit mods. Might release them at some point, when I manage to untangle all my embarrassing errors in the code. tongue.gif

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day! ^^
Baronius
Hello Soliir, S0 is now yours smile.gif
xburc
Hello there, I was wondering if I can also get a prefix for a mod I am starting to work on?

I see that A5 is not in the list, is it available for registration?

The mod I will start working on is a joinable BG2 NPC. Will probably take some time, but better to get registered first.
Arctodus
Hey there ! Another new baby crawling modder wants to get a prefix ! If it's still free, I'd like to have A3. Thanks !
Baronius
xburc and Arctodus, the prefixes you requested have been registered. Have fun in modding!
naughty101
Hi Baronius,

I'd like to register X_

That's for making BG1 a bit more playful - adding some funny and/or frisky lines to non-joinable NPCs as well as planning to naughtify a playable one smile.gif Also, finding new uses for already existing items smile.gif
Baronius
Hi naughty101,

X_ is now yours smile.gif
Tantalus
Hello Baronius,

could you please register the prefix U- for me?

I created two mods (Dawn of Vampirism and Sarevok Recovery Mod) a couple of years ago, both of which are already part of the BWP. I would like to optimize their compatibility with the works of others. To my shame, I must confess that until recently I had no idea that there is the Community Filename Prefix list. I would like to play my part in making as many mods as possible playable for the community at the same time and to avoid conflict with each other.

Thanks in advance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.