Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
fearless
Hi i would like to register the prefix:

F-

If possible. Thanks in advance.

I see some of the existing prefixes have @ after the letter, i presume they are older ones from before the prefix database?
Baronius
Hello!

F- has been registered for you.

Yes, the database contains many legacy prefixes as well. When choosing a prefix nowadays, everyone should follow TheBigg's recommendations (that can be found in the first post of this thread).
Ascension64
A 'BG' prefix conflict has probably been around since 'legacy' times with BGT-WeiDU and Minotaur in Maze's reservation. Much of the file renaming described in BGT-WeiDU's current dev doc existed in the non-WeiDU version. It might be worth mentioning this in the database. I am not aware of Minotaur in Maze's mods, but I haven't heard of actual clashes so far. As BGT-WeiDU development is mostly finished, further use of the 'BG' prefix probably won't take place.

BG Minotaur in Maze 20. 09. 2004 OK
Baronius
Thanks for the suggestion. So what should I write in the comment exactly, could you provide text that you find suitable?
Alsea
Hi!
I'd like to register A1 if available smile.gif
thanks!
puriel
hi there!

I would like to register pu prefix.

Thanx a lot smile.gif
Baronius
smile.gif

Alsea, A1 has been registered for you.

puriel, PU has been registered for you.
TDouglas
Greetings!

I would like to reserve U_

Working on a mod that re-interprets the Baldurs Gate series from a dark fantasy standpoint.

Thanks!
Baronius
Hello!

Thanks, U_ has been registered for you.
phordicus
I would like to register !_
Thank you.
phordicus
lol, couldn't edit my visitor post.

working on various minimods for bg2.
Baronius
TheBigg's recommendation (see the initial post of this topic) does not include prefixes starting with !. I suppose this means it might not work with WeiDU in all cases. Could you choose a different prefix?
phordicus
my mistake! i misread it as allowing any valid character in either slot. how about #_
Baronius
#_ is now yours.
Marla Wolfblade
Could I register WO please?
Baronius
WO has been registered for you.
Marla Wolfblade
Thank you smile.gif
phordicus
after reading more about weidu i would like to change my registration from

#_

to

FU

i think that underscore could/may lead to confusion or failure since so many weidu commands use it.

thanks and this is my last time, i promise!
Baronius
Your prefix has been changed to FU.
tonin
Hello, I'ld like use HB# prefix.
Is it OK?
Baronius
HB is now yours. It includes HB# as well, obviously. (We register only two-letter long prefixes.)
tonin
Thanks ! smile.gif
sacrament
Could I have B1 please?
Baronius
B1 is now yours.
Yovaneth
BS please: can be listed under either Miloch or Yovaneth.

Thank you.

-Y-
Baronius
BS has been registered for Yovaneth.
Zireael
I would want to register the ZI prefix under my username here.
Baronius
ZI is now yours.
RavenSW
I would like to register the prefix RT, I am most active in SHS, working on a mod and want to avoid the prefix issue if I can. My handle is Raven, and/or RavenSW. Link to my profile on SHS http://www.shsforums.net/user/21825-ravensw/
Baronius
Thanks, RT has been registered for you.
Le Magos
Hi all...

I work on some interesting (for me, at least) projects, and if I could use the GD prefix "legally", it would be awesome !!!

Short version: could I register the prefix GD ???

P.S.: I am rather new on the modding scene, but I am pretty motivated, and the head full of (mad) ideas... I am "Le Magos" on various forums...
Baronius
GD has been registered for you.

Good luck!
Adul
Hello there, I'd like to register a prefix. Unfortunately I've just found this great project and I've already submitted a couple of mods to SHS, but I think I'll republish several of them later when I have a little spare time to add my prefix to all files.

My craved prefix is: A0 (A zero)

Thanks in advance, and also thank you for doing this project. Your work is appreciated.
Baronius
Hello!

A0 is now yours. Thanks for registering.
Co0n
Hey there!

Could you register "'#C" (or ANYTHING similar with a C in it ^^) for me?

I have not released a mod yet, but I'm working hardly on my first Quest Mod.
Baronius
Hello!

#C has been registered for you. smile.gif
Co0n
Thanks Sir!
Co0n
hmm, since variables starting with "#C" are resulting in errors during installation (LEXER ERROR, invalid character [#]) I'd like you to change my prefix to _C

ps: !C seems to result in the same error ((LEXER ERROR, invalid character [!])
So does every prefix with ! oder # result in an error or am I doing just something wrong?
The error passage ist the first line of a dialog file (BEGIN #CTaldr)

Greetings,
Co0n
Co0n
Sry, but since other mod authors recommended not using _C oder #C but recommended using CO# i'd prefer using this prefix.
I' truly sry for bothering you with this, but I had several issues with the other prefixes. (don't ask why, I'm stil learning ^^)
Baronius
We only register two letter-long prefixes, and registering CO for you would be in conflict with an another registered prefix.

What about CP? It is not used by anyone.
Co0n
CP is perfectly fine, thank you!

(CP = Co0n Power rolleyes.gifsmile.gif )
Baronius
Done. I wish a p0werful and successful modding!
Isaya
Hello,

I would like to reserve C= for a group project and I= for personal use.

I should also report that EE is a typical prefix used by Epic Endeavours since 2002. Fortunately this mod is a total conversion, so the risk of conflict with the declared owner of EE is probably very low.
Baronius
C=, I= and EE have been registered for you. If the maintainer of the mod that uses EE would like to change on this, he/she can register here and we'll change the prefix registration to his/her username.
Isaya
Thank you very much, Baronius
L`f
Hello there,

I've only just spotted this topic, so I would like register VL as my personal prefix. I've been working on my quest mod for a few years and all created so far filenames and global variables' names have this prefix. I just didn't know there's some kind of database. ;>

I also checked the list - VL seems to be free and there shouldn't be any conflicts with other personal or project prefixes.

You can register it under my nickname I have on this forum.

Thanks in advance!
Baronius
Hello!

VL has been registered for you. smile.gif
Zvalat
Hello,

I have nearly finished a mod allowing a sorcerer to swap some of the spells of his/her spellbook for new ones. I would like to register the prefix ZV as my prefix for this mod (and maybe other mods if I find the courage to continue smile.gif ).

Thanks in advance.
Baronius
Hello!

ZV is now yours.
Isaya
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 31 2011, 01:58 PM) *
<br />C=, I= and EE have been registered for you. If the maintainer of the mod that uses EE would like to change on this, he/she can register here and we'll change the prefix registration to his/her username.<br />

Regarding the EE prefix, I made a mistake: Elhoe used his own prefix, LH, when he used prefixes for the mod files (many other files are overwritten, especially areas, since it is a total conversion). I used EE internally for some parallel tests, while trying to figure out bugs, but it's not used in the released mod. I should have checked more thoroughly before posting.
Please remove the conflict on EE and excuse me for the hassle.

I would also like to change the other prefixes. I had managed to use C= for several things without problem, including timers, before registering the prefix. Since then I found out using = is a big fail with variables (the = is removed by the game somehow). Which is strange considering the timer worked, but I may have been lucky with this one.

As a consequence, I would like to drop I= and C= and reserve I_ and #C instead. I checked and they are not used right now.

Thank you. Sorry to be a bother.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.