Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Baronius
I've just registered CC for you. wink.gif

Other prefixes starting with numbers are probably legacy of older times.

We're just following TheBigg's recommendations, located at the end of my initial post. The restrictions are partially related to WeiDU.
kulyok
Hello,

I just noticed that "PG" prefix some Pocket Plane mods use(Keto NPC mod, for example), wasn't on the list - please, add it(to Pocket Plane Group, or jcompton, whichever is more convenient), so that new people know it's been in use, and so that the list is up to date. Thank you!
Baronius
No problem. Done.
Sir Buliwyf
Can I register "BU" please for the various messing about i want to do, never know, i might release something.
Baronius
Certainly. It's now yours.
amilauh
Would like to reserve NI please....

figured I should take care of that before I get neck deep in the mod.. rolleyes.gif
Baronius
Wise decision. It would be much more effort to fix things at the end.

NI has been registered to you. wink.gif
ericp
Hello,

I would like to reserve EP# as mine, if it's not already taken. Do I need to check this, or does someone else handle that?

Thanks,
Eric
jastey
(It will be checked before registering, of course.) The list is linked in the first post, in case you haven't seen. Only two-letter prefixes get registered, but as far as I can see "EP" is not taken yet.
Baronius
ericp, EP as your prefix has been added to our database. If you would like to choose another two-character prefix (or just don't want "EP"), feel free to cancel it.
SisterVigilante
Heya,

Can I nab "AD?" The mod is in the works right now...
Baronius
Sure, it's now yours. Thanks for registering.
Deimos
Hi, i'd like to have UC smile.gif
Baronius
Registered, it's now yours. smile.gif
Ascalon
I'd like to register AC For my Ascalon NSC-Mod. Thanks!
Baronius
You are lucky, because AC hasn't been taken yet smile.gif

Now it's registered, to you.
Vogonvor
Can I register VO? Thought it best to get the prefix sorted first smile.gif
Baronius
VO has been registered for you. smile.gif
Insignificant Puppet
I wish to register "IP" prefix (stands for Insignificant Puppet)
Baronius
Done!
Caelellowynn
I would like CN if it's available. Thanks
Baronius
You are welcome. It has been registered for you.
Ripper
Hello! Coming from the French Community "La Couronne de Cuivre", i'm there to register my own prefix in order to create a NPC mod: it will be #S if available. Thanks!
Baronius
Ah, from La Couronne de Cuivre! Very nice!

Good luck for the mod -- prefix is now no problem, it's yours.
Ripper
Okay thanks Baronius laugh.gif
I see you know our community?
Have a nice day! biggrin.gif
Baronius
I heard about it several times, and I think I've visited it as well.

By the way, BWL has a National Sites section in our Links collection, would you like me to add La Couronne there? (if yes, please give me a link and an English description either here or in a PM). The page:

http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/links.php
Ripper
Nice idea, very appreciated. laugh.gif
But I'm not the administrator from La Couronne de Cuivre and I have given the link of your post to the admin EricDesMontagnes. He will contact you if interested. The main problem here is that it's a french community and it's hard to learn this langage. But I must say too that it's the biggest french community around Baldur's Gate world. And maybe do you know the KIM NPC MOD? This mod has been made on La Couronne de Cuivre. We are some modders on.
Thanks you Baronius. happy.gif
Ripper
Hello I'm back with a message from EricDesMontagnes, admin from La Couronne de Cuivre: he is interested and thank you Baronius, but actually no time for writing the text. He is too busy. Later. He will contact you. Thank you again. laugh.gif
Baronius
Sure. wink.gif

By the way, it should be just a short description, like the other links have.

turim
Hello.
Coming from the French Community "La Couronne de Cuivre" like ripper, i'm there to register my own prefix in order to create a NPC mod : it will be ED if available.
Baronius
It has been registered to you.
Ripper
Lol Turim...Nice to see you there...By the way, did you receive my MP, Baronius? I'm not sure I sent it correctly...
Deratiseur
Hello smile.gif

Deratiseur, coming from nowhere, but hardworking actually on a pnj module. Is the "dr" prefix reserved ? If not, i take it.

Have a good day smile.gif
Baronius
Hello!

Unfortunately, DR isn't available. It is registered to someone else.
Deratiseur
No matter. Sorry, i miss to read the existing list.

DE isn't Free, DR too, so i break the laws, i take DER (Free)

Have a good day smile.gif
Baronius
Unfortunately, DER identifiers are a subset of DE identifiers (in other words, DE includes DER) sad.gif The required prefix property would be violated with DER.
Zyraen
If its going to be allowed, I'd like to register a separate "ZY" prefix.

The reason for this is that I have quite a few mods, and I will be using plenty of new files and BCSs in my newest project the Silmarillion. It might be something pretty close to a TC so using "ZY" will prevent conflicts with my own other Mods using "Z#", particularly BTL.

Hope this is ok.
Baronius
ZY is now yours.
Zyraen
Thank you smile.gif much appreciated!
jastey
I would like to register "RR" for Rosenranken. I know it is registered for avenger, but Rosenranken has been an IE modding site for years, albeit some of the projects are still being developped in hidden workrooms.
Baronius
I suppose aVENGER uses RR (and not another prefix) in his mods, so it might lead to incompatibility if other mods will also use it.

We usually register a conflicting prefix if the author insists on it, but at least some released mod should be shown. Identifiers (including filenames) of mods in progress can be renamed (and filenames can be renamed very easily via an automated mechanism).
aVENGER
I actually add an "#" after the "RR" just for such cases, but yeah, I suppose that two mods using the same prefix would lead to compatibility issues, especially since I use "RR" in all of my global variables as well.

QUOTE(jastey @ Jan 23 2008, 10:52 PM) *
Rosenranken has been an IE modding site for years

And the first version of Rogue Rebalancing was published back in 2002. wink.gif
jastey
aVENGER: Do not try to weaken my serious arguments tongue.gif

It's a shame, if I may say so, since "RR" is the short form for Rosenranken (like "BWL" or "G3"). I have to check for existing mods using that prefix before requesting anything further.

And no, I am not intending to produce a mod that has capacity of introducing incompatibilities. We (at Rosenranken) will discuss this. I have to admit, that the mod in question reached a state of hibernation, as happens to too many good mod ideas when people change hobbies and move on, but I just saw what was already done and wow, that looks great.
Parker
Hello everyone.

I am currently working on a NPC mod and the prefix I would like to reserve is "ZP". I checked the list and it is not taken by anyone else.

Thanks,

Parker
Baronius
Hello Parker!

ZP is yours. Good luck for the NPC mod!
Emzeror
Gif epix EE

In english, checked if "EE" were taken, and it wasn't.

Have a nice day smile.gif
Baronius
EE has been registered for you in our database. Good luck! smile.gif
Riviera
Just sending up a little "I'm still alive and working on my mod!" biggrin.gif
Baronius
Thank you, Riviera!
Kelenthial
I would like to register the prefix AL# for future use, if you don't mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.