Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Baronius
5S has been registered for you smile.gif
Bubb
Hello,
Can I register X- for my EEex project? Thanks!
Baronius
Hello,
X- has been registered for you smile.gif
nychold
So if I'm reading the prefix reservation file correctly, it looks like NY is available, so I'd like to request that prefix. Thanks!
Baronius
NY has been registered for you smile.gif
The Baffled King
Hi, I'm The Baffled King wherever I post regarding Baldur's Gate, which has included the G3 forums and Beamdog forums.

Can I register 6 (six!) 2-character prefixes, please? I'm hoping to reserve the following:

"1G" ; "1E" ; "1B" ; "2G" ; "2E" ; "2B".

I get that 6 is a lot, so I’ll give some detail about what they are for. The key issue is that the 8-character filename limit makes it impossible to do what I want without using multiple prefixes.

I'm using a naming scheme "PP-AAAA-NN", where "AAAA" corresponds to an area code, "NN" is for numbers 01-99 (representing numbered locations in the area in question), and "PP" is for the prefixes. Because many 4-digit area codes are repeated across the different games, extended editions, and expansions, I myself need multiple prefixes. And there's also EET-compatibility to consider. So, "1G" is for BG1 areas, "1E" is for BG:EE areas, and "1B" is for other Beamdog areas (obviously 2G, 2E, and 2B perform the same function for BG2).

Anyway, this is what I’m trying to put together:

(1) Baldur's Gate: Custom Spawns ("BG:CS")

This would replace the spawn points. There are lots of reasons to do so, but my biggest gripe with the existing spawn system is that party size affects the difficulty of the spawns faced. Each custom spawn point requires a creature PPAAAANN.cre with the script PPAAAANN.bcs, as explained above.

(2) Baldur's Gate: Random World ("BG:RW")

This will take various static encounters found in area files, area scripts, or the .GAM file, and distribute them randomly at specified locations corresponding to the numbers "NN". It can synergise with BG:CS, in that removing the spawn points allows for their location to be used to host a newly randomised encounter, and also because certain install-options allow specified locations to randomly host a custom spawn or a newly randomised encounter. I might well not be restricted with the naming scheme for this in the same way as I am for BG:CS, but it’s a possibility.

(3) Baldur's Gate 1: Improved Assassins

This is inspired by an SCS component that allows the groups of 4 assassins in Gullykin and the Valley of the Tombs to potentially ambush the player at random encounter areas. I thought it would be amazing if the assassins could also track the player down in the wilderness (including potentially when the player tries to rest). I’m not restricted with the naming scene for this in the same way as I am for BG:CS, but it is another idea that synergises with BG:CS (and BG:RW), as the assassins could be created by the custom spawn system.

It’s possible that I won’t get around to completing these mods. If that is the case, I would release my reservations on the prefixes.
The Baffled King
Hi. I edited my above post; it previously requested 8 prefixes, but it's now down to 6. The ones no longer required were for incorporating mod-added areas, but one can just use that mod's own 2-character prefix.

Regardless of what happens with the previous request, can I please also request an individual 2-character prefix, for use on Improved Assassins and all other projects?

I would like the following prefix, please: "8_"

Thanks.
Baronius
Hello!

All 7 requested prefixes were registered for you.
marchitek
Hello. I'm marchitek, active mostly on G3 forum (profile).

I would like to reserve "DB" prefix. It is mostly for my Diablofication project (currently available here), but I will use it also as my personal prefix wherever applicable.
The Baffled King
QUOTE(Baronius @ Apr 4 2022, 07:32 PM) *
Hello!

All 7 requested prefixes were registered for you.

Awesome, thank you very much.
Baronius
QUOTE(marchitek @ Apr 24 2022, 07:32 PM) *
Hello. I'm marchitek, active mostly on G3 forum (profile).

I would like to reserve "DB" prefix. It is mostly for my Diablofication project (currently available here), but I will use it also as my personal prefix wherever applicable.

Hello!

DB has been registered for you.
Goat_Boy11
Hi smile.gif

Would it be possible to have "3E" as a Prefix?

Baronius
Hello! smile.gif

3E has been registered for you.
Endarire
I want to use the prefix EE. I saw it was in use, but the mod author has been inactive for years and barely made anything. May I?
Baronius
EE has been registered for you. smile.gif
Sekereth
Greetings! would it be possible to reserve the AW prefix?
Baronius
QUOTE(Sekereth @ Sep 2 2022, 07:10 PM) *
Greetings! would it be possible to reserve the AW prefix?

Hello!
AW has been registered for you.
Norman Knight
Hello

Can I reserve the UZ Prefix?

Thanks thumb.gif
Baronius
Hello!

UZ has been registered for you. smile.gif
ahungry
Hi, could I snag "ux" as a prefix? (or any beginning with 'u', as it seems there aren't many)
SadieGamer
Hey there, could I register SG? I just published my first mod! and it looks like the current user (Sigwald) last created a mod in 2007...

https://github.com/sg2475962/sg_multikits

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/26341-resur...index/?p=296766
Udiknedormin
Hello!

Could I reserve the prefix "6W" for the CompassOfWomanhood project?

It seems like there is some limitation in the engine though, because filenames starting with a digit are interpreted as a number of gold coins when such an item is placed in a character's inventory. Therefore, we're using "_6W" prefix for items. Please tell me if it's ok for us to use those two, considering it's due to a technical limitation.
Baronius
ahungry: UX has been registered for you.

SadieGamer: SG has been registered for you.

Udiknedormin: 6W and _6W have been registered for you.
GaxGuy
I request to register G9 please.

I plan on getting back into scripting once I've gotten better caught up on the current lay of the landscape.
Morvannec
Can I get the prefix UM please?

Going to use it for some kit mod(s).
Baronius
GaxGuy: G9 has been registered for you.

Morvannec: UM has been registered for you.
FairyFatale
Good morning, everyone!

If possible, may I have "FF" reserved as my filename prefix?

Thank you! <3
JBMadrid
Hey!

From what I can see, we request to register by posting here? I'm working on a couple of mods and would like to register prefix JW.

Thanks
Baronius
Hello! smile.gif

FairyFatale: FF has been registered for you.

JBMadrid: JW has been registered for you.
mirabuck
Hi!

Any chance we could have C5 ?

Mny thanks!
Baronius
QUOTE(mirabuck @ Apr 2 2023, 08:08 PM) *
Hi!

Any chance we could have C5 ?

Mny thanks!

Hello!

Unfortunately, C5 is already registered and used by someone else. Please choose a different prefix. You can find the list of used prefixes here: http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/prefixes/index.php
Calliea
Hey hey, I'd like to grab the cryptic VQ ph34r.gif , don't see it on the list. Fiddling with a small NPC mod smile.gif
Baronius
Hello,

VQ has been registered for you. smile.gif
Red Carnelian
Hi

I'd like to register the prefix R8

Thanks
Baronius
Hello,

R8 has been registered for you. smile.gif
dvalle686
Hi!

I'd like to reserve the prefix "XA"

Thank you!
Baronius
Hello!

XA has been registered for you. smile.gif
Revan
Please reserve my prefix RQ

Revan
Baronius
RQ has just been registered for you, Revan.
TheFinalEntity
Hello,
Could I please reserve a filename prefix?

Requested Filename Prefix: FE

Let me know, thank you.

Context: I have made many mods over the decades but have not really made them available online as of yet. I did recently make a few patches for other peoples' mods available by uploading them and sending pull requests to the original mod creator(s). Recently I have been asked by my BG buddies/community to make the mods that I create available online. Thus I am requesting the filename prefix so that I can keep the mod files in line with the BG Modding Community's guidelines. I have really enjoyed the mods that have been shared by the community over the years and I know that others within my small BG community have enjoyed my custom mods, so I thought that if others may enjoy my mods then I would pack them in a WeiDu installer and upload them. I love the BG series, they are without a doubt, my favorite games of all time and if my mods can help others gain even more enjoyment from the games, I would be pleased to share them.

Brief Summary of My Upcoming Mods:
  • Comprehensive Spell Rebalancing - (In Progress)
  • Custom Quest Pack - (In Progress)
  • Epic Level Abilities Pack(s) - (Finished/In Progress)
  • Epic Level Ability Usage Rebalancing - (Finished)
  • Epic Level Spells Pack(s) - (Finished/In Progress)
  • Expanded Items Pack - (Finished/In progress)
  • Expanded Kits Pack - (In Progress)
  • Expanded Spells Pack - (Finished/In Progress)
  • Legendary Encounters Pack - (In Progress)
  • Prestige Class System - (In Progress)
  • Sequencer/Contingency Rebalancing - (Finished)
  • More to come...
NOTES:
  • Mods labelled "(Finished)" are complete.
  • Mods labelled "(Finished/In Progress)" are mods that are complete but also periodically updated with new additions and/or balance changes.
  • Mods labelled "(In Progress)" are mods that are not yet complete but are in the development phase.
  • All of my mods are thoroughly tested to ensure stability.
  • I make every effort to ensure that my mods are compatible with other mods. I pay special attention to their compatibility with: Sword Coast Stratagems, Ascension and Tweaks Anthology.
  • While I cannot guarantee the correct installation order relative to your particular mod installation, I always include general installation order instructions/recommendations within the mods' README file.
JohnBob
Hello Baronius !

If possible I would like to reserve the JO prefix!
Baronius
Hello TheFinalEntity,
FE has been registered for you. smile.gif

Hello JohnBob,
FO has been registered for you. smile.gif
TheFinalEntity
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 1 2023, 05:13 PM) *
Hello TheFinalEntity,
FE has been registered for you. smile.gif

Hello JohnBob,
FO has been registered for you. smile.gif

Thank you! I will post in the appropriate forum when I release the mod(s).
szaumoor
Hello, I'd like to reserve ZS if possible.

I have an upcoming mod that tweaks the Shadowdancer kit in EE, and later on I'm also planning a weapon overhaul. I'm known as RoyalProtector in the gibberlings forums and beamdog, if anyone cares.

Cheers
Baronius
Hello,

ZS has been registered for you. smile.gif
JohnBob
Hello Baronius, I take the liberty of requesting a prefix for Paladin84 from the ArcaneCoast forum.

He would like to reserve the prefix NW.

By the way, I'm reporting difficulties with registration for some people including Paladin84.

And the user Gregor solicite also a request for prefix.

moggadeet
Requesting the prefix L0, please.
Baronius
The issue about validation emails is being investigated by our hosting provider. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, the following prefixes have been registered:

moggadeet: L0
JohnBob: NW (on behalf of Paladin84 from ArcaneCoast)
JohnBob: G@ (on behalf of Gregor from Gibberlings3)
JohnBob
Thanks Baronius, I've relayed the message to ArcaneCoast and G3 forum.
Wutan
Hello Good Day to you smile.gif

I would like to reserve the Prefix WU for me (Wutan) if that's possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.