Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
igi
Reserving prefix's only for certain file-types (e.g. TIS files) is also pointless, as who will ever use the prefix for something else, knowing if they ever wanted to make an area, they'd have to use another prefix for it...?
Chevar
Its actually in some ways an idea to try to make life easier for the poor sods like myself with slow connections :>
Baronius
Please use the private messaging system of the BWL forums. This thread is for users who would like to reserve a prefix for themselves or for their mod. smile.gif
T.G.Maestro
Hmm, I just recently stumbled here, but I have two prefixes to add:

TG# - T.G.Maestro, myself
LI# - Littiz

please update the list with these. wink.gif
Baronius
Thanks, both of them have been registered. wink.gif
SimDing0
A couple of observations:

"WW" is registered to someone called Alaron. I'd suggest that perhaps Weimer might take priority on this one, since he's been using that for quite a while. smile.gif

"FW" doesn't appear on the list either. Most of the mods using that are over at PPG these days, but it's not being used in anything further. As such, it might be one to say "don't use this" for.
Silmarien
Make VS my personal prefix, then. Thanks.
Baronius
Done. wink.gif
SimDing0
QUOTE(SimDing0 @ Oct 25 2004, 12:21 AM)
"WW" is registered to someone called Alaron. I'd suggest that perhaps Weimer might take priority on this one, since he's been using that for quite a while. smile.gif

"FW" doesn't appear on the list either. Most of the mods using that are over at PPG these days, but it's not being used in anything further. As such, it might be one to say "don't use this" for.

No? smile.gif
Baronius
I immediately contacted Weimer after reading your post (since he is the author of those mods after all).
I don't think though that I should constantly update this thread with information of my personal mailing with Weimer -- when something happens that is relevant to the prefix list, this thread is updated, as I said. Anyone interested in (public) details is free to send me a private message.
SimDing0
To be honest, I don't really understand what's going on. Are you e-mailing Weimer to ask him to change the prefix he uses, because it's reserved, or what? I was suggesting noting the two I mentionned on the prefix list, since there's no mention of either the FW prefix, or Weimer's mods.

Eh. I suppose I should leave you to it really.
Baronius
Are you e-mailing Weimer to ask him to change the prefix he uses, because it's reserved, or what?
No I mailed him because he is the author of those mods using WW (and we also discuss other things in the mails, by the way). I always find it important to directly contact the user of the prefix before changing the prefix list. I think it is done properly in this way.

I haven't had time for the FW prefix yet; so if I interpret you correctly, you say that it could be added as something that shouldn't be used, right? (because many mods have used it, although it is not used anymore in the upcoming mods, I guess? I've never seen it on the prefix list as a prefix registered to Forgotten Wars anyway, so I agree your suggestion -- provided I've interpreted your suggestion correctly smile.gif )
SimDing0
Yes, I'm saying that the FW prefix should be marked as "not for use". Nobody's gonna be making new mods with it in future.
ShadowCop
i'd like to reserve SC for my own projects
Baronius
Unfortunately it is not possible because SConrad uses SC# and then the filename beginning would be the same...
ShadowCop
i missed that.
how about SH then?
Baronius
It's now registered. smile.gif
http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/prefixes.php
ShadowCop
thanx! :-)
Baronius
Gladly. smile.gif The modder's interest is always the most important for us.
Kish
I'd like to reserve "Kish" as a prefix. Just in case. tongue.gif Though I'd be quite surprised if anyone else even wanted to use it.
jcompton
Given that that's half your filename right there, you might want to consider dropping a letter or two...
Kish
You're right. Okay. KS, then.
Baronius
As you (or master Compton wink.gif ) wish(es). "KS" is now registered.
Sous Nain
Hi again...

Could you please add the NBG# prefix for the mod Projet NeoBG please ?
I know i already have my prefix, but we're 4 modders working on this mod, so it would be great to have another prefix for the mod smile.gif

Thanks !
Baronius
Gladly. I've just added it to project filename prefix reservations list.

It is NeoBG Project and not Projet right? I suppose you made a typo but I ask it anyway to make sure I'm right...
Sous Nain
Thanks !

It is NeoBG Project and not Projet right? I suppose you made a typo but I ask it anyway to make sure I'm right...

It's Projet NeoBG because it's a french mod (and "projet" means project). smile.gif
Baronius
Okay thanks, fixed it. smile.gif
Sous Nain
Thanks again smile.gif
Shed
May the Jerry Zinger Mod be JZ, please? Much obliged smile.gif
Baronius
Registration Done smile.gif
SConrad
I probably ought to register TPT or tpt for the The Plot Thickens-mod. We couldn't decide who's prefix to use. wink.gif
Kish
Oh, I still want to register Kish, as well as KS.
Baronius
SConrad: It's now registered. Although, I would use personal prefixes in a mod, each modder his/her own. There's nothing wrong in that.
Kish: "you" are now registered. All prefixes are upper-case, so KISH.

No doubt that you (and not just you two) really want to swim in the tempting bath of prefixes, and then later burn in the hell of chaos and incompatibility tongue.gif lovl.gif
Blitz
I use B#

Yes, yes, I registered to post this, but it is important. It turns out R# was taken. Curse you, Rastor!
Sillara of the Tamari
Nethrin and I use now NS for our joint mods; otherwise TSJ and YS for my other two mods.

Would it be possible to please register these?

Thank you.

Sillara
SConrad
QUOTE(Baronius @ Nov 30 2004, 03:34 PM)
SConrad: It's now registered. Although, I would use personal prefixes in a mod, each modder his/her own. There's nothing wrong in that.

I don't follow that.
Baronius
QUOTE(Blitz)
I use B#
It has been registered.

QUOTE(Sillara of the Tamari)
Nethrin and I use now NS for our joint mods; otherwise TSJ and YS for my other two mods.

Thank you.

Sillara

Since you didn't specify the mods' names, I have registered TSJ as your personal prefix.
YS was already taken by Yovanneth Scet, and NS is used by NemoSum. If you still want to register them (and continue their use), they can be added to the prefix reservation list as prefixes with "conflict with [otheruser]".

QUOTE(SConrad)
I don't follow that.
Mods shouldn't have own prefixes, the filename prefix reservations of the mods' authors should be used instead.
Blitz
Thanks!
SConrad
QUOTE(Baronius @ Dec 1 2004, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE(SConrad)
I don't follow that.
Mods shouldn't have own prefixes, the filename prefix reservations of the mods' authors should be used instead.

I'd be the first to agree, but with myself, Ding0 and igi working on that mod, we simply chose to go with a common prefix instead of arguing about which one to use, or worse, use all three.
Sillara of the Tamari
QUOTE(Baronius @ Dec 1 2004, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE(Blitz)
I use B#
It has been registered.

QUOTE(Sillara of the Tamari)

Thank you.

Sillara

Since you didn't specify the mods' names, I have registered TSJ as your personal prefix.
YS was already taken by Yovanneth Scet, and NS is used by NemoSum. If you still want to register them (and continue their use), they can be added to the prefix reservation list as prefixes with "conflict with [otheruser]".

QUOTE(SConrad)
I don't follow that.

It is fine for me to use TSJ as my personal prefix. That was the one I used when I first began modding. The difficulty is that the Yasraena mod (which uses YS) and the Saerileth mod (which uses NS) were not done by me alone. Please do register NS, regardless of the conflict. I will still think about the YS. (I may try to change it to NS, too.)

Thank you.

Sillara
Baronius
Done.
Andyr
Though I appreciate it is a little cheeky of me, if possible I'd like to register the second prefix A!.

This is because after having coded some of Song and Silence I realised that a lot of the filenames (named, in my mind, logically) conflicted with those in my other mods (Elai, the Blackguard kit and a few others). So I changed from A# to A! as the easiest fix for S&S.
Baronius
Done.
Andyr
Thanks, I appreciate it. smile.gif Will have to be more careful in future.
icelus
Since I may be about to embark on a solo project, I suppose it's time to register my own prefix. i! seems to be available, so...
Baronius
...so it won't be registered for you.

Added. smile.gif
igi
I often find myself in Andyr's position - having to name files non-intuitively due to internal conflicts, so, if possible, I'd like to register !!.
Though, I dont mind if someone shouts and says "be more careful with your naming".
CamDawg
QUOTE(igi @ Dec 23 2004, 01:13 PM)
I often find myself in Andyr's position - having to name files non-intuitively due to internal conflicts, so, if possible, I'd like to register !!.
Though, I dont mind if someone shouts and says "be more careful with your naming".

BE MORE CAREFUL WITH YOUR NAMING!
Awake
SU is used in the Subrace mod by Welverin for the globals. I think there are some more usages, but I'll have to find it again, or redownload it. WE is used in there as well.
Baronius
Welverin has never taken the prefix list seriously...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.