Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
flysoup
Hi,

I choose F_ since I had only # before. So it will be alot of renaming on all of the files in the Drizzt Saga weidu now I guess...phew and with the result of bleeding eyes from the blasted computer rays.
Baronius
Done.
Wysdom
Hi there smile.gif

I'd like to register 6# as a personal project prefix, please. Thanks!

Wysdom
Baronius
Hi Wysdom!

It can't start with a number. Please change that character to a letter or to _ (underline character).
Iondragon
Greetings smile.gif

I would like to register X# please.
Baronius
Hello smile.gif

BG1 NPC project uses it, sorry sad.gif
Iondragon
Oops, I guess I was too happy to see what I thought was a free letter followed by the # sign that I forgot to check in the projects. But I looked closer this time, how about JC instead? smile.gif
berelinde
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jan 23 2007, 12:40 PM) *

Hi Wysdom!

It can't start with a number. Please change that character to a letter or to _ (underline character).

Using the underscore for BG2 isn't a problem, but it could theoretically cause problems with a Tutu installation.
Baronius
Thank you berelinde! Since _ has already been registered for Tutu on the prefix list, I completely removed it from the possibilities of the initial post. Before someone would ask, I don't want to add a note that it's okay for BG2 as long as there are so many prefix variations left. Certain mod types for BG2 are usually considered to be compatible with Tutu, let's avoid the possible conflicts.

QUOTE(Iondragon @ Feb 6 2007, 10:43 AM) *

Oops, I guess I was too happy to see what I thought was a free letter followed by the # sign that I forgot to check in the projects. But I looked closer this time, how about JC instead? smile.gif

JC? grinteeth.gif It doesn't seem to be registered so it's now yours.
Iondragon
Koszonom smile.gif
Baronius
Szivesen. smile.gif (You're welcome.)
Bardess
Can I use Z_ then?
Baronius
Sure, it conforms to the recommended form. It's now yours. smile.gif
Daymar
Heyas, I'm only just getting my feet wet with the modding, but I'd rather get them wet with filenames that aren't gonna mess things up tongue.gif If I didn't go temporarily blind, it would seem DY is not taken as yet, could I have that then please? smile.gif
OTG
Hi,

I'd like to reserve O_ or, if that's not available, O-.

Thanks in advance
Baronius
Both prefixes have been registered. Thank you.
Da Rock
Forgot about this topic - PM'd a request for "PE" prefix to be registered to me (er... check the sender name!) and reply was "Of course, but click this link".

I wasn't sure if I HAD to add my request here, but I'm doing it anyway, just in case.
Baronius
I advise you to read messages more carefully. wink.gif My reply was literally:
Yes, of course. Please post your request here: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=113

I don't think there is any ambiguity in it.

External pages should refer to this thread, at least the WeiDU readme definitely links to here. I don't know where you read that you should PM me to register a prefix. smile.gif (Others also maintain the list, especially when I'm away for a longer time. This is one of the reasons why requests should be made here, and not in PMs.)

PE is now yours, good luck to your mods!
Da Rock
The ambiguity lay in the words "Of course", which suggested to me that you had already registered my prefix before I clicked the link to this forum.
(I considered my previous post to be a "confirmation" message, in case "Of course" was not the answer to my original question blink.gif )

Anyway, your other apologies are gratefully accepted! tongue.gif
Gort
May I request to reserve TM for Mage Trio project?
Gort
come on, guys. Please, pleeeease, pretty pleeeease=)
Baronius
Sorry for the delay. Please don't forget we're not online every day. smile.gif

The prefix TM has been registered under your username, because we always register the prefix to the person who requests it. Of course, it can be used anywhere where you, the owner, allows it.
Gort
well, ok, although I don't understand why do you need Project Filename Prefix Reservations List at all then.
Baronius
Legacy, from the times when the list wasn't maintained by us.
berelinde
Just because I don't know if cmorgan is going to get around to it before his April 7 expiry, work has commenced on a public mod using his prefix C-, therefore, an extension is requested on his behalf.
Baronius
Prefix now permanently registered to cmorgan. smile.gif
Cornmarket
If I may, I would like to take QU for my prefix.

Thank you kindly,

Cornmarket
Baronius
Thank you for registering.
Cuv
Hey Baronius,

Back from a long break and checking the reservations listing.
Somehow my personal prefixes got lost with TBG going down I guess. I know that each person should have only one, and I would like to re-reserve CV as of right now. I see it isnt being used by anyone else yet.

However, I should point out that there is stuff out there floating around of mine that uses CUV, and I still use that one for my area files. Just FYI smile.gif
I will try to simply use the CV going forward.

Also, RTW is still valid for Return to Windspear and is only used in that project.

Thank you,

Cuv
Baronius
Hello,

You are right, only one prefix is allowed, but in this case, it's justified that CU should be protected too. Only two-character long prefixes are registered, so I added CU (and certanly, CV) to the database.

Also, RTW is still valid for Return to Windspear and is only used in that project.
Thank you for the confirmation.
Neferit
I would like to register V! if it's still possible.
Mike1072
Could I possibly register MI? Someone took all the nice looking M ones sad.gif lol.
Baronius
Of course, you can. It's now yours. Thanks for registering.
nal'ex
As I can see, AL is free
Can I register it?

Thanks
Baronius
nal'ex: Sure. It's now yours.

Neferit: I overlooked your post yesterday, I'm sorry. V! is now registered to you.

Good luck to your mods, nal'ex and Neferit!
aVENGER
Hello,

I'd like to register the RR# prefix, if possible. Thanks!
Baronius
Only two character-long prefixes are allowed. I have registered RR for you (which obviously includes RR#, plus you have a few ten times more possibilities as well). smile.gif
aVENGER
That's fine too, thanks again.
Baronius
My thanks for registering.
Kendris
Please register KE for me.
kulyok
Heya,

Please, register a RE prefix for Romantic Encounters mod.

(I know I already have a personal one, but it is a community project, and several modders are participating, more will join - so I request a separate one, so that all members are comfortable with it).
Baronius
Kendris: Done.

kulyok: Project prefixes as a category isn't used any more, prefixes are always registered under usernames. RE has been registered for you. (Of course, it's up to you to decide who else can use it etc.)
ZenOfAnger
My prefix is T2, I see no one else has that one.

(My original one was TE but that's been taken :S)
Baronius
Sure, I've just registered T2 for you. smile.gif
Nightfall IV
Oh dear, I see there's another Nightfall registered.
Could I please have the "AQ" prefix?
Baronius
Of course -- it's now yours.
Nightfall IV
dagger.gif
Daulmakan
Can I have D1?
Baronius
Sure! It has been added.
Daulmakan
Thanks. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.