Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Baronius
Thanks for the information. QQ has been registered to you.
Constantine
Hi! Register CE for me please. Thanks!
Baronius
Hello! What mod are you creating?
Constantine
QUOTE(Baronius @ Apr 19 2009, 12:37 AM) *

Well, in my mod PC will be able to buy himself a ship and float on the See of Swords, to confront all kind of pirates, or side with them to plunder the trading ships. Something like that. Its at the very beginning though, do not expect it any time soon smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Constantine @ Apr 19 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Well, in my mod PC will be able to buy himself a ship and float on the See of Swords, to confront all kind of pirates, or side with them to plunder the trading ships. Something like that. Its at the very beginning though, do not expect it any time soon smile.gif

This looks to be very impressive if you can really manage to make it. Are you a graphics expert? Such a mod will probably need new areas and many graphical components. Have you thought of the technical and graphical requirements and complication such a project would require? Have you created any other (and easier to make) mod in the past?

Have you (at least) already created a portion of the mod before coming to register a prefix? There are already several unused and idle prefixes belonging to people who registered them before realizing that they can't/won't manage to create the difficult and complicated projects they had in mind.

I really hope that your case is different and you can indeed manage to make the mod. We certainly welcome another graphics guru. Please tell us more about what have you done for this mod so far. Thanks!
Constantine
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 19 2009, 04:34 PM) *
QUOTE(Constantine @ Apr 19 2009, 02:06 PM) *

This looks to be very impressive if you can really manage to make it. Are you a graphics expert? Such a mod will probably need new areas and many graphical components. Have you thought of the technical and graphical requirements and complication such a project would require? Have you created any other (and easier to make) mod in the past?

Have you (at least) already created a portion of the mod before coming to register a prefix? There are already several unused and idle prefixes belonging to people who registered them before realizing that they can't/won't manage to create the difficult and complicated projects they had in mind.

I really hope that your case is different and you can indeed manage to make the mod. We certainly welcome another graphics guru. Please tell us more about what have you done for this mod so far. Thanks!

Of course, it needs new areas (mostliy two grappled ships, like in the area AR1607, I think). There are plenty of ships throughout the BG1 and BG2, I plan to use them to create the areas needed. As I said before, the whole thing is just started, but I feel compitent enough to accomplish it smile.gif
I have several good (in my opinion) plot ideas too, but you are right, in this case new original areas are of prime importance.
I actually have created several mini-mods for myself, like custom dialogue and creature scripting. Also, I have made some simple areas from scratch in IETME, following the tutorial provideed.
I have already started editing one area, but unfortunately so far there is not much to see. Lack of free time and such, you understand smile.gif Nevertheless, if its interest you, I will certainty keep you posted smile.gif
Baronius
CE is now yours, Constantine.

Nevertheless, if its interest you, I will certainty keep you posted smile.gif

Good luck for the mod, and occassionally inform us about the progress (for example, you can use our Gathering Hall forum) smile.gif (so no one will believe it is just abandoned, for example)
VerSkillt
Hi to the BWL forum,

first I have to apologize: my first registration with my favourite nick (VerSkillt, as at the Rosenranken) failed, because I deleted tie activation E-Mail... so here is my second try.

I just came to take a prefix: -->" Fq "<--

As I saw, this one is still free.

Thanks a lot, your list is a great idea!

Bye

Verskillt aka Skilli
Baronius
Hello!

FQ has been registered to you.

The list is indeed a good idea (even with all of its limitations). It's not our idea, by the way (we just started to maintain it when its previous home was closed).

Good luck for your mod(s), Verskillt/Skilli!
VerSkillt
could you please write "VerSkillt"? "Skilli" is only the nick's nickname, you wouldn't like do be called "Bary", would you? sad.gif
Baronius
According to the Prefix Database policy, the usernames of the registered members (who post in this topic) are used there. I have changed your username to VerSkillt, hopefully you will be satisfied with it.
VerSkillt
Thanks a lot, Baronius. thumb.gif
Cargolin
Could you please register Y$ for me and my Tax Inspector NPC - MOD ?
Baronius
Certainly. Y$ is now yours.
WildGirl
I'd like to register WG for my mod Throne of Bhaal Revisited. Thanks!
Baronius
WG has been registered for you. smile.gif
Aeryn
Could you please register HD for me. Time for Haer'Dalis to get some love. happy.gif Thank you!
Baronius
HD has been registered to Haer'Dalis... whoops, to Aeryn smile.gif Thanks for registering.

Any progress with the Sarevok mod? We cannot keep two prefixes for a long time if the mod is abandoned.
Aeryn
Yes, Sarevok is complete and will be released shortly. Just doing final tweaks now that beta testing is done. smile.gif
Baronius
Thank you.

I assume you had a reason for registering a different prefix for the Haer'Dalis mod. Since prefixes are strongly recommended to be author-specific (and not mod-specific, apart from certain exceptions), in the future, please try to use one of your two registered prefixes for further mods.
Aeryn
Oh! Then I've misunderstood. I'll stick with LS then, and you can remove HD - my apologies for being a pain. blush.gif
Baronius
Thank you. HD has been freed -- it is now available for anyone again.
gboeck
How can I get a community prefix???
For a new mod I need one.
Thanks
critto
Pick a prefix (there is an instruction in the first post of this topic), look at Prefix List to make sure your prefix isn't taken already and post a request here.
gboeck
I would like to have the prefix KV, please.

Thanks
Baronius
KV is now yours, thanks.
gboeck
Thank you very much for your help!
Arren
Hello!

Can you please register "##" as my Prefix?
Will that work?

so long
Arren
Il3
Hi, could you please register #I for me ?

Thanks !
Baronius
Il3: thanks, #I has been registered to you.

Arren: it is not among TheBigg's recommendations (see the first post of this topic), so I am not sure it would work. Could you possibly choose another one?
Arren
Dawm me, sorry, I oversighted the last sentence...
So of course I choose another one.
Can you please register "FI" as my prefix?
so long
Arren
Zranoff
Hi,
May I take the prefix ZF, please.
Thanks!
Baronius
Arren: FI is now yours. smile.gif

Zranoff: ZF is now yours. smile.gif
Raiha
I'd like to register the prefix #R, please.
Baronius
#R has been registered for you.
Anouchka
Hi! Can use XD ? Thanks!
lroumen
Hello Baronius.

I've been busy on a small thing lately over here and I would like to hear whether I could use a community prefix. The prefix I would like to use is LR, similar to the first two letters of my tag. When finished I'd like to share my insignificant work with those who are interested.

cheers

lroumen
Baronius
Hi lroumen!

LR has been registered for you. Good luck for the mod work!
Baronius
Hello Anouchka!

XD has already been registered to someone else. Please choose another prefix. XA and XF are still free, for example. (For a link to the list of already registered prefixes, check the first post of the present thread.)
Anouchka
I'm sorry, I didnt know there was the list at the top of the thread....^^
So, I've not seen #X into the list...I would like to registered this prefix, #X, but if it's already registered, I'll take XF !
Thanks!
I'll check next time, promised! wink.gif
Baronius
#X was free, but now it isn't -- it has been registered for you!
lroumen
Thank you very much for the swift reply smile.gif
@vGur
set _@ for @vGur, Thanks.
Baronius
TheBigg's recommendations (see the initial post of this topic) do not seem to include any template that your prefix would fit. Could you check the recommendations again?
Truce
Hey im new to modding im half way through a character mod pretty basic that ive adapted from Theacefes tutorial and ive been useing MS# for it, i was hoping i could preserve it for future mods aswell.

and i just have to ask (sorry for getting off topic but) is the Baldurs gate modding community still strong? is there still a large fanbase of people that download the mods put out there by the community ( i know i do), i only ask because im kinda worried about about me being in the modding prime of my life and there not being any one to appreciate my mods or the mods of others, again im very sorry for getting off topic, ban me if you wish just answer my question first ^^ lol
ala
Hello Baronius,
can I take prefix PI, please? happy.gif
Baronius
Hi Truce! Please choose a two character long prefix (MS# is 3 characters long), and check the list first if it's available.

Hi ala! Could you tell a bit more about where (in what mod or mods) you will use it?
ala
I would like to start working on NPC and item mods I've been thinking about for several years already happy.gif
I finally feel resolved enough to do it, but it can take a while since I'm going to write them in Polish first and then translate into English. I can use whatever prefix you propose, PI was just a random choice.
Amaunator09
Hi! I'm new to the forums, at least I'm a new member. I've been lurking on and off for quite a while, and trying to learn a bit about modding.
I'm working on a couple of NPC mods now (very early stages), I don't know for sure if they'll get anywhere, any time soon.

But could I please reserve the prefix AT?

Much appreciated. biggrin.gif
Baronius
ala: PI has been registered to you. Please inform us if a mod is released, e.g. post an announcement topic in the Gathering Hall forum (I added a comment to the prefix entry "[no released mods]", it doesn't mean any disadvantage, but designates that the prefix isn't used in any released mods), considering that you won't release a mod with that prefix soon.

Amaunator09: AT has been registered to you. Please inform us if a mod is released, e.g. post an announcement topic in the Gathering Hall forum (I added a comment to the prefix entry "[no released mods]", it doesn't mean any disadvantage, but designates that the prefix isn't used in any released mods), considering that you won't release a mod with that prefix soon.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.