Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
jastey
Thank you, prefix added. smile.gif
Anomaly
Hello,
As a new modder, I would like to register the prefix "H#".

Thank you. smile.gif
Baronius
Gladly. Good luck to your modding work!
Anomaly
QUOTE(Baronius @ Jul 14 2005, 08:10 PM)
Gladly. Good luck to your modding work!

Thank you, but you left a space between H and #. I mean, it's H#, not H #.

Sorry happy.gif
Baronius
I am sorry for the mistake. I've just corrected it.
jastey
QUOTE(Meira @ Jun 1 2005, 10:38 PM)
BTW, I recently noticed that Maus uses M# in Vanim NPC, but since that's not terribly extensive NPC mod I'm not too worried. He did not use M# for Tashia as far as I know, but I don't know if he's used it for any German language mods.

Including prefixes from published mods I added the prefix M# for Maus, too.
MCZ
Hello,
I would like to register my prefix - MZ.

Thanks.
Baronius
No problem, your prefix has been registered. smile.gif
Lord-Jyssev
could i have LJ?
Baronius
No luck sad.gif Its three-letter equivalent is already registered for Ragnar. (Registering three-letter prefixes was allowed at that time.)
Lord-Jyssev
hmmm how about L!
Baronius
The L! prefix also seems to be on the list now... registered for someone called Lord-Jyssev wink.gif
Lord-Jyssev
thanks, tee hee tongue.gif
The_Nonman
Greetings All,

I would like to register the prefix TN_

Please biggrin.gif

The Nonman
jastey
Hi The Nonman,
we try to stick to two-letter prefixes for new registrations... How about T_ , or TN? Both still free. smile.gif
The_Nonman
Greetings jastey,

T_ would be great then. rolleyes.gif

Thanks
jastey
Added. smile.gif
The_Nonman
Thank you much biggrin.gif
Lord Ernie
Since I'll be doing some official modding now (rather than fiddling), I suppose I'll register a prefix here. Is LE# still available (it's what I've been using up till now)? If you really prefer a 2-letter prefix, I could alter everything I've written up to now, but I'd rather not biggrin.gif.
Baronius
It's not our preference. If both three- and two-letter long prefixes were allowed, there would be a compatibility risk. E.g. someone else could still register LE if we registered LE# for you, and his/her mods would be incompatible with yours. wink.gif
Lord Ernie
Well then, how about E! ? I'd really prefer some kind of special symbol at the end, to keep my global names fairly readable...
Baronius
Two-letter prefixes give you more possibilities than three-letter ones. If you register LE for example, you can still use LE!, LE_, LE# and so on, so I don't understand why you think that the prefixes affect the readability of your global names in that way.
But the choice is certainly yours. Shall I register 'E!' ? wink.gif
Lord Ernie
Right, just being somewhat slow here. Bloody slow, in fact. In any case, as registering LE will grant me all of its variations as well, and since I'm using that right now, I'll stick to LE. Sorry to be such a bother.
Drew
I'd like to register the preix rb. Doable?
Baronius
Doable and done. The RB prefix is yours.
I have also added LE for Lord Ernie.

Good luck, modders!
Lord Ernie
Cheers, mate. Thanks a lot.
Drew
Thanks.
SimDing0
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 14 2004, 06:38 PM)
'protected' - the prefix may only be used by its owner. This should apply on every registered prefix, but in case of protected prefixes, this is much more important. These prefixes are usually the filename prefixes used by modding communities (example: G3, BW). Using these prefixes without permission is strictly prohibited.

Yes, I can see that it's enormously important to protect Ken's prefix. Perhaps the "protected" status should instead be reserved for people who have actually released mods using that prefix, rather than an arbitrary selection of who seems cool?

"_" (underscore) should probably also be marked down as a Tutu prefix.
Baronius
Yes, I can see that it's enormously important to protect Ken's prefix. Perhaps the "protected" status should instead be reserved for people who have actually released mods using that prefix, rather than an arbitrary selection of who seems cool?

Arbitrary selection of who seems cool?! -- calm down, man. Ken's prefix was registered long ago. We respect old prefixes, so we didn't and don't modify or delete old prefixes (not just Ken's!), we even kept those as well which cause a global conflict in file naming. smile.gif
Ken founded TeamBG, the original home of this list was at TeamBG, and his prefix has been registered from the beginning. So I don't see why it should disturb anyone that his prefix is protected.

The Tutu underscore has just been added, thanks.
SimDing0
But the "protected" status is currently rather meaningless. It'd be more constructive to differentiate between released and unreleased mods, because while it doesn't matter that much if I conflict with someone who appeared for a short time and never produced anything, it's rather more of a problem if I end up conflicting with, say, Weimer.

Ken founded TeamBG, the original home of this list was at TeamBG, and his prefix has been registered from the beginning. So I don't see why it should disturb anyone that his prefix is protected.

My recollection is that the original list was on IESDP, not TeamBG, and that Ken didn't add his prefix until he started maintaining the list on TeamBG. But I could be misremembering here, and it's immaterial anyway.
Baronius
It's true what you say about the released and unreleased mods, but it's impossible to follow which mods are released and which aren't.
Also, unless we are talking of the projects prefixes, the filename prefixes are registered to people -- in this case, do you mean that your suggestion to make difference between them would apply if at least one mod is released with that prefix, right?

Indeed, the protection hasn't got too much significance in any respect. It just means that the given prefix is under BWL's (perhaps only symbolic) protection.
SimDing0
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 6 2005, 04:38 PM)
It's true what you say about the released and unreleased mods, but it's impossible to follow which mods are released and which aren't.
Also, unless we are talking of the projects prefixes, the filename prefixes are registered to people -- in this case, do you mean that your suggestion to make difference between them would apply if at least one mod is released with that prefix, right?

Yes. If a released mod uses a prefix, that prefix probably isn't subject to change or negotiation.
Baronius
I believe that the current system is working well, but if you have a detailed concept to clarify your suggestion, feel free to introduce it. I don't see why it would have any practical use if we knew that 8 prefixes from the 200 are used in mods -- because unless the mod is very famous and/or its author informs us, there is no way to follow if the prefixes are used or not.
SimDing0
You could operate under the assumption that if somebody releases a mod, they do so under the prefix they've registered. If I release something, for example, you can assume that it'll use the "D0" prefix without needing to download and look.
Baronius
But in this case I would still have to check the released mods. There are several released mods each week, and it's very time-consuming to follow what mods are released, then guess their authors, check if they have any prefixes on the list... or maybe I'm not getting what you mean.
Avenger_teambg
DL isn't just Po's (Max) personal prefix, he allocated it for dltc.
Virtually all added content in dltc uses this prefix.
Subprefixes like DLAJ (ajoc) and DLAV (me) are also in dltc.

In the unlikely event i'll release anything outside of a TC, please register AV for me smile.gif
Baronius
It doesn't matter where the prefix is registered, no need to move it to the projects list (unless you really insist.).

In the unlikely event i'll release anything outside of a TC, please register AV for me smile.gif

Sure, I've just added it.

Subprefixes like DLAJ (ajoc) and DLAV (me) are also in dltc.
DLTL sounds better than DLAV but I suppose you prefer DLAV. smile.gif
icelus
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 6 2005, 05:13 PM)
It doesn't matter where the prefix is registered, no need to move it to the projects list (unless you really insist.).

Then what's the point of having a projects section?
Baronius
It was there already when we took up the prefix list.
It has an informative role primarily.
Hety
HL! and HE! plz. thx.
Baronius
No 3-character long prefixes, just 2-character ones. k. thx. bye.
Hety
*stupid-stupid-stupid me*
smile.gif
H! then plz smile.gif
Baronius
Done. smile.gif
Coorlim
I use MC_
Baronius
It's a three-letter prefix, and thus it can't be registered.

Do you want to register MC? If you do so, you can still use MC_ because MC covers a wider variety of filenames than MC_. At the moment MC is not taken yet, that's why I recommended it.
Victorius
I would like to register L_
Thanks
jastey
QUOTE(Victorius @ Sep 4 2005, 05:54 PM)
I would like to register L_

Added. smile.gif
jastey
QUOTE(Coorlim @ Aug 20 2005, 02:37 AM)
I use MC_

I registered "MC" for you, as Baronius suggested. Hope that's convenient. smile.gif
Gwendolyne
I would register GW (for a new Mod in progress...)
Thanks.
kulyok
Greetings,

I would like to register a prefix O# for Xan SOA project (started, 1\5 of material written, will be finished within six months, author - Kulyok).

Thank you in advance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.