Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Filename Prefix Reservations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Community Prefix Database
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Baronius
No problem. Have fun!
twetwe123
Could I please register T3? I'm just starting out and having my own prefix would kinda make me feel like a genuine modder smile.gif
Baronius
Sure! Done.
jastey
The prefiy list is empty, only "I am sorry but this table contains no rows" is showing. Is it currently under rework or something?
Baronius
It was a database access problem, and it has been fixed.

Thanks for drawing our attention to it.
jastey
Great, thank you!
theacefes
My prefix over the past few years has been K# and I have actually released a mod using this prefix and have had no compatibility issues.

If Mr. Khayman doesnt mind, I'd like to continue using it, but it was suggested that I register it here.
Baronius
Sorry for the delay, I was too busy.

I've added it, as a prefix conflicting with khayman's.

Advice to everyone: if you've released one or a few mods with a prefix which was registered to someone else earlier, you should consider changing your prefix. Usually, it's really not that much work -- thanks to tools that offer automated file renaming, content replacing, and so on. Of course, it should be done carefully. Some authors are afraid of applying global changes to their files, because they think it may accidently break content. (E.g. Macready in EasyTutu doesn't dare to fix out-of-range StrRefs that cause DLTCEP to display modal warnings all the time.) Such doubts are usually baseless.

My prefix over the past few years has been K# and I have actually released a mod using this prefix and have had no compatibility issues.

On a side note, it absolutely guarantees nothing that there were no compatibility issues, and usually confirms very limited compatibility. (It's a common misbelief that if someone tests x mods together and they work fine, then they are compatible.)
DragonJewel13
Ooooh, I feel so official!
May I please have AR# as my prefix? I checked twice, so hopefully I didn't miss it being used by someone else...
Baronius
I'm sorry, but only two-letter prefixes are allowed (any three-letter ones you can see are legacy). sad.gif AR is already taken, so please choose another two-character long prefix.
DragonJewel13
Mmmph. I *knew* that too. Apparently my greatest skill is confusing myself, and possibly others. Anyway, can I go for EV then, please?
Baronius
Sure. Have fun with your mod(s)!
Januszka
*posts for registering J!* smile.gif Thanks
Rabain
Janu the moddar?!
Januszka
Told you, I was going to make an alt portrait pack mod with portraits in rpg-bardo's gallery wink.gif I already figgured out how to make it now i only have to choose the portraits biggrin.gif tehee

Maybe in the future i make some mod smile.gif will you translate it to english? tongue.gif
Rabain
Ci, mea espanol est mucho magnifico!
Baronius
Sorry, J! is already taken by "Jon Irenicus".
Sikret
QUOTE(Baronius @ Aug 29 2007, 07:31 PM) *
Sorry, J! is already taken by "Jon Irenicus".

laugh.gif
Thanks God Sarevok or Sendai had not taken S! before me.
(Sorry, couldn't resist specially after checking the page and making sure that J! was actually registered for Jan. Very nice joke, Baronius! For a moment, I thought that it was really taken by a modder with "Jon Irenicus" nickname!)
Januszka
my first thought was "wtf i scrolled over the page and didnt see any j!"

Thanks indeed smile.gif

(btw, almost done with the portrait pack mod bwahaha!!!)

EDIT: Garry, it doesnt mind how good your spanish is, but how good your english is tongue.gif

Second edit: BTW the mod is already coded and translated into english tongue.gif now I am only trying to decide on the portraits to use smile.gif
Rabain
Well if the mod is in spanish and my spanish is crapola...it might matter!

But of course you will translate into English and I will watch the bellydance on youtube.
Ieldra
Since I now have some hope of actually completing a mod, may I register the prefix IX (actually Ix, but since most names aren't case-sensitive...)?
Baronius
Sure. Thank you for registering. smile.gif
Gort
may I have G_ ? There is one prefix registered on me already - TM, but it isn't actually mine, it's the prefix of M3 project team, which I'm member of.
Baronius
Of course, Gort. smile.gif
Melancholie
I would like to register x8 for myself.
Thanks in advance smile.gif.
Baronius
Thank you for registering, Melancholie!
Amote
Hey, I'd like to register W- for the mod I hope to soon create. Thanks a bunch. thumb.gif
Baronius
Done. What's the mod about, or is it secret yet? wink.gif
jastey
Hi,
taking over maintenance of Drizzt NPC for BGII by Octavian (currently German, English translation in the works), I would like to register DK. I know it's already taken two times, but since the mod is already published (and quite a while so..)
Please?
Baronius
Done. Don't forget, a mod's prefix can always be changed with systematic methods.
jastey
Thank you!
I know, but Octavian retired, so it would be pointless to register a new one, and I am reluctant to use my prefix on his mod. Maybe I am ignorant, but I don't think there will be a crucial colission with mods from the other two authors that are registered for "DK".

Thank you again!
Baronius
Maybe I am ignorant, but I don't think there will be a crucial colission with mods from the other two authors that are registered for "DK".
Yes, there is a good chance they haven't released a mod. But we can never know.

You're welcome, jastey.
Amote
@ Baronius: No secret, just an NPC idea I'd like to eventually manifest. Name's Kaylanna, a warrior, and the story's in the process of being written. Writing, I find, is the hardest part. wink.gif
DKnight
hi, I didn't notice it on your list so, I'd like KK if I can. New to modding so just noticed your list.

Thx
Baronius
Amote: good luck for the mod!

DKnight: KK has been registered for you!
DKnight
Sorry it took so long......Thank you! smile.gif
Quana
Hmm... May I take MQ?

EDIT: I just realised that someone is using my nick on another forum... Please sign me as Maiev with the same prefix. Sorry tongue.gif ...
Baronius
Done smile.gif
Quana
Thanks biggrin.gif .
Choo Choo
I use 7#. :3
Baronius
Prefixes can't start with a number, please choose another one.
Chronis
Hello, new modder here. I would like to register the prefix #C

Thanks,
Chronis
Baronius
The requested prefix is now yours!
Riviera
I'd like to have R7, but if the no-number rule applies there, I'll take RV instead smile.gif

I'm working on a top sekrit NPC mod >_> dry.gif

Wish me luck, it's my first smile.gif
Jarno Mikkola
OK, so it's IJ prefix, I'll use it, if and when I need it.
Amaurea
I'd like to register AM! for a new portrait mod. Thanks!
Baronius
Riviera: prefixes cannot start with a number. 7 is the second character in R7, so it's OK. I've registered that one. If you want RV after all, notify me. And good luck for the mod! smile.gif

Jarno Mikkola, Amaurea: we only register two-character long prefixes. IJ and AM have been registered for you.
Deathsangel
I was told by Gort at SHS to come here.
I use MW as Prefix for the Mod for the Wicked I am creating over at SHS

P.s. Not used yet for the stand alone stuff, but I'll try to update it. I've done parts of it already.
Baronius
Hello Deathsangel! I've added your prefix to the register. Thanks for registering.
Choo Choo
Awh, I thought it was viable since other prefixes had numbers first, and 7# compiled just fine when I did a sample NPC.. Oh well.

How about CC? It doesn't seem to be taken.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.