Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
critto
The variable can be set via the console
Hideous the Wu Jen
QUOTE(critto @ Aug 14 2015, 04:10 AM) *
I don't see any problem forging an enhanced version.

Do you have a save from brynnlaw? If there's a bug we may investigate.

I had an earlier save from before brynnlaw so I went back and worked my way to Galvena. There it was - I guess I just didn't see or pick up all of her loot. Figures I would have missed something I was looking forward to the entire run. That would have been nice to wear a few chapters ago. Oh well, now I know. Thx.
Azoth
Hi critto,

are there any plans regarding Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET)? Just being curious...
critto
Personally, I'd love to do something. But it's an immense amount of work. Once it's stable, I'll play around with EET and see what's what.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Aug 18 2016, 09:04 AM) *
Personally, I'd love to do something. But it's an immense amount of work. Once it's stable, I'll play around with EET and see what's what.

That's good to hear thumb.gif

Some questions again to my current TOB game (Necro, B9M, R/C, Valygar, Jaheira, Mazzy):
  1. I'm stuck at Dracolich. Decided to fight him before getting HLAs. Its not that hard to endure his 4xPfMW, but my damage output is too low and it's taking a long time to bring him down (best try was "Badly injured" so far). It's hard to keep protection up for that long time. Any good advice?
  2. There are some "exquisite" items like robes and rods. Are they just good money or is there any need of them later on?
critto
I'm stuck at Dracolich. Decided to fight him before getting HLAs. Its not that hard to endure his 4xPfMW, but my damage output is too low and it's taking a long time to bring him down (best try was "Badly injured" so far). It's hard to keep protection up for that long time. Any good advice?
I am ashamed to admit that it's been so long since my last playthrough that I am hardly capable to give a coherent advice. I don't remember if HLAs ever played a huge role in my games in that battle. Could you try to outlast him and then perhaps activate the combat buffs on your B9->M to finish him off?

Hopefully, more skilled players could suggest something better smile.gif

There are some "exquisite" items like robes and rods. Are they just good money or is there any need of them later on?

IIRC they are for sale only. But check the list of crafting ingredients in the readme just to be sure they are not used for something like Memory of Apprentice.
SparrowJacek
Dracolish fight was never really easy, he's pretty hard to hit without CS, which you don't have. Jaheira and Mazzy are your key to victory, with R/C as great support.

First thing: use skeleton warriors(from Necro if you have this spell and from R/C). They're immune to all Dracolich's abilities, so they can survive pretty long. Other summons can be helpful too! Prepare some zones of sweet air and try not to have 2 summons close to each other(fog spell of dracolich automatically destroys them). During these 16 rounds it's really okay to run away, so use anacondas wisely - they're the fastest summons you can get + they're quite tough with their resistances and HP.

You want to trigger PFMW, not damage the enemy at the beginning, so don't activate your abilities that are one-time-use. After final PFMW is down be prepared with giant strength and bless on every fighter(that includes clan summon from Jaheira too, with GS he becomes killing machine with great tanking ability and nice thaco, you can IH him too! My tests prove that his final form with all buffs can solo elemental golem, and that speaks for itself), rage ability on Jaheira and invoke courage on Mazzy. If you have short sword of backstabbing and ***** in short swords on Mazzy, then she should be able to deal most of the damage probably(not sure if the dragon has some more resistance to piercing, but I hope not). Limited wish with PFLD is your friend too. Attack him from all sides, that way you can protect some characters/summons from wing buffet. Don't forget that SI:Nec can protect mages from wail attack,(That was necromancy, right? smile.gif ) so your R/C can focus on renewing death ward on other characters, also limited wish - refresh spells allows you to use DW multiple times.
Azoth
Thanks for the help!

fog spell of dracolich automatically destroys them
Death fog was not really a danger so far. Dracolich usually cast it on a character after Wing Buffet. So it went off somewhere far away. The first two Death Spells are more of an challenge.

After final PFMW is down be prepared with giant strength and bless on every fighter

Valygar had Phosphorus -> Strength 24
Mazzy was using Strength of Arvoreen -> Strength 20. Ok, here i could use GS -> 22
Jaheira + R/C under Rightous Magic and DUHM -> Strength 24

Ok, will try to use Bless.

that includes clan summon from Jaheira
Forgot about the Clan Spirit. Will summon him in my next try. I do have 5 IH spells. Fits for Jaheira, Mazzy, Valy, R/C, Clan Spirit.

not sure if the dragon has some more resistance to piercing, but I hope not

I think it's more vulnerable to blunt weapons. But i use the short sword of backstabbing with ***** for her anyway.

Limited wish with PFLD is your friend too
Unfortunately i don't have the Limited Wish spell. But enough PfLDs and Shield of Archons spells. Also two scrolls of PfLD protection...

Attack him from all sides, that way you can protect some characters/summons from wing buffet.

Yeah, i guess i need to be more careful. It also regenerates and reforming my party after all got wing buffet, takes precious time.

Don't forget that SI:Nec can protect mages from wail attack (That was necromancy, right? smile.gif )
Yes, that correct. But it needs to be treated with care. My B9M under SI:Necro and GOI got once in the line of sight of the dragon. Not a good idea. Two more or less instant RRoRs, Greater Doom + Wail and my main char (Necro) standing somewhere hiding in a corner was no more (couldn't renew his SI:Necro fast enough)....
Potions of Magic Shielding need also be treated with care. It's Remove Magic can be deadly...

limited wish - refresh spells allows you to use DW multiple times

Using Wondrous Recall for that.

Note to myself: Forge more +2 protections (rings, cloaks) before going to Spellhold. Also, a 2nd pair of Boots of Speed would help significantly.

A more general question:
How do u guys keep track of rounds? I mean especially in this fight there is a lot going on and i usually loose track when my protection spells run out...

Let's see how my next try will go...
critto
How do u guys keep track of rounds? I mean especially in this fight there is a lot going on and i usually loose track on when my protection spells run out...

Autopause end of round + keeping in mind that for an improved hasted character it's two autopauses per round if memory serves. The rest is some mental math or taking notes if you're up for it.
nicoper
@azoth

For dracolich, my 2 cents, most of it already told by others
This from a player who once had terrible time with dracolich, now waits greedily for this fight (seldom lost)

SPOILER!

Before: memorize ZoSA, DW, NPP, restoration, greater restoration as much as you can
Fill mages with summons
1°) protect from wail:
Si:Nec on mages, DW on other chars, all the more when greater doom lands (usually, use 2 chars taking turns, when one dispelled or DW no more, runs back to cleric/druid, important to be hasted, potions do the job)
2°) protect from drain
1 scroll of PFLD, 2 if you want for chars taking turn amusing dracolich, here valygar and mazzy, I would just use one on valygar, mazzy can be restored
3°) Don't miss first rounds, dracolich will fire one remove magic and 2 death spells, be prepared to lose dispellable buffs and summons
4°) Summons, summons, summons
minor summon first, they will be killed by DF, then skeletons, keep mordy, salamanders (MS V) for late fight, they are really tremendous against dracolich, keep Jaheira guardian for end fight
5°) don't expose mages, cleric and druid, only end fight (dracolich seriously wounded) can you bring Jaheira and R/C around, taking silence into account!
6°) switch phophorous from valy to mazzy according to who keeps Dracolich occupied and triggers PFMW (and takes stoneskins down), in the end buff Guardian and mazzy with Giant strength from Jaheira
bulian
Dracolich is one of my least favorite fights. Actually, no, it is my least favorite fight. I'm just glad he doesn't have CC:3xADHW. A few additional thoughts

SPOILER!
It may be a bit antithetical, but a greater doomed Valygar with str 24 can still have a horrible THAC0 and be worthless. So it may be better to let Valygar die in that scenario from a wail, raise and heal him in a corner by your cowering PC. Not every character has to have an outstanding armor class. The same can be said with your B/M. In the scenario you described with your B/M, he could have a) taken up some time having Dracolich cast RRR, cool.gif taken a greater doom, c) possibly taken the CC:3xFoD, d) taken a silence, and d) triggered a wail. That's a lot of firepower off the table that be recouped for a raise dead (spell or scroll) and heal spell. I don't let characters die intentionally like that, but I've not been sad about some fighters dieing in some fights.

You should have plenty of SI:N memorized and I typically don't cast something with a mage every round in this fight, so just don't wait for it to drop off before recasting it.

You're missing an important 4th level buffing spell from Jaheira that just makes her ridiculous in addition to DUHM/Righteous Magic. Casting order of the buffs is important as you probably know. Note that at level 20 or 24 she can have 10 APR with great THAC0 under improved haste with her gloves, self buff, and dual wielding scimitars.

Hopefully you bought a few restoration scrolls from temples (quite useful vs Thaxy and the screaming statue as well) - fighters can use these, so they can be a life saver. I typically buy 3-4 (2k gold investment) and thats enough for the game. PFLD will work as well.

Try to eat the greater silence(s) with less important casters early on (say the BM, even your mage, or Jaheira) so that you can access all of your spells when the fight is the hardest.

Keep your fighters spread out so that breath spells only hit one or two characters. This requires some positioning micromanagement but is a very valuable technique.

I'm terrible at round counting my own buffs but sometimes track enemies PFMW/AI based on how many spells they have cast.
Azoth
Thanks again!

SPOILER!

Before: memorize ZoSA, DW, NPP, restoration, greater restoration as much as you can
Jaheira cannot cast Greater Restoration and R/C has only 1 lvl7 slot, which was used for Shield of Archon so far.
I dont like to use Restoration because of the fatigue afterwards and i can protect with NPP.

2°) protect from drain
1 scroll of PFLD, 2 if you want for chars taking turn amusing dracolich, here valygar and mazzy, I would just use one on valygar, mazzy can be restored

Valygar is wearing the Amulet of Power. Mazzy under DW at the beginning and then use scroll of PfLD a bit later on her.

3°) Don't miss first rounds, dracolich will fire one remove magic and 2 death spells, be prepared to lose dispellable buffs and summons
Yeah, i know. My summon seguence is like: Joloon, Berserk Warrior, 2 Skeleton Warrior out of 2 Contingencies. Sacrifice Joloon and Berser Warrior, safe Skellies. Then sacrifice 3 spiders from Spell Sequencer.

4°) Summons, summons, summons
minor summon first, they will be killed by DF, then skeletons, keep mordy, salamanders (MS V) for late fight, they are really tremendous against dracolich, keep Jaheira guardian for end fight

Dont have MS V. Only one Anaconda but 8 or 9 Skeleton Warriors (+2 from Contingencies) + 3 or 4 Mordys and some minor summons.

You should have plenty of SI:N memorized and I typically don't cast something with a mage every round in this fight, so just don't wait for it to drop off before recasting it.
Necro + B9M 2xSI:N each should be enough

You're missing an important 4th level buffing spell from Jaheira that just makes her ridiculous in addition to DUHM/Righteous Magic. Casting order of the buffs is important as you probably know. Note that at level 20 or 24 she can have 10 APR with great THAC0 under improved haste with her gloves, self buff, and dual wielding scimitars.

Yes i know about Holy Power. Usual buffing sequence is Holy Power -> Rightous Magic -> DUHM. Discarded that spell in favor of 1 more DW, but will adept the spellbook again.

5°) don't expose mages, cleric and druid, only end fight (dracolich seriously wounded) can you bring Jaheira and R/C around, taking silence into account!
Try to eat the greater silence(s) with less important casters early on (say the BM, even your mage, or Jaheira) so that you can access all of your spells when the fight is the hardest.

I experienced only 1 Greater Silence so far. R/C is taking that one right at the beginning.

6°) switch phophorous from valy to mazzy according to who keeps Dracolich occupied and triggers PFMW (and takes stoneskins down), in the end buff Guardian and mazzy with Giant strength from Jaheira

Dont like switching equipment but will do eventually. Unfortunately Mazzy is not allowed to wear the Amulet of Power blink.gif
critto
Dont like switching equipment but will do eventually. Unfortunately Mazzy is not allowed to wear the Amulet of Power blink.gif

She's a fighter kit. Fighters aren't allowed to use it, it's vanilla behaviour.
Azoth
Finally, it's done biggrin.gif [attachment=4254:Baldr010.jpg]
Although i've made some huge mistakes like casting Champions Strength with my R/C expecting to be able to cast again when hit by Remove Magic. This was more challenging than Greater Silence wink.gif
I think the main differences to my attempts before were:
  • Use Clan Spirit with IH and GS
  • Holy Power on Jaheira
  • GS on Mazzy (I start to like her...)
  • Better positioning of party when attacking Dracolich

The journey can continue...
SparrowJacek
Congratulations! It is good to see that you're refining your tactics, making better use of spells and such. Good luck and don't give up!
I hope I'll be able to read your final thoughts on IA one day.
Hideous the Wu Jen
Just wondering if the Robe of Vecna has a possible new location? I'm almost done with SoA and haven't found it on any of the dead bodies I usually have found it on. I think Samia's mage, the mage just before the Illithid correspondence in the sewers, the tiefling mage in WK and Layenne of TR are all spots I think I've found it before. All I have left is the Black Dragon, Vagrant quests, Orcus and Githyanki encampment and below of WK.

Could Irenicus have it? huh.gif
critto
SPOILER!
IIRC, Ancient Dragon could have it as well
Azoth
Just left Underdark and wanted to collect the tax money from De'Arnise Keep and finish Lord Roenal but unfortunately i lost the keep (drawbridge is pulled). I didnt kow that there is a time trigger involved. My party set sails right before fighting Roenal.
Can i do something to finish this quest line?
critto
Do the following commands in the console

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("KeepPlot","GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("RoenalControl","GLOBAL")

And let me know what the answers are.
Azoth
Before entering area AR1304 (outside Keep area):
KeepPlot GLOBAL is set to 8
RoenalControl GLOBAL does not exist

After entering area AR1304:
KeepPlot GLOBAL is set to 8
RoenalControl GLOBAL set to 1
Azoth
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("KPRUNN01") solved it. Hopefully (My first time using NI).

Thanks critto!
critto
Well, I didn't have time to do anything yet, but you're welcome nonetheless.
Azoth
Do i see it correctly that
SPOILER!
Kruin needs to be defeated before Cromwell will open his doors again?
SparrowJacek
Yes, that is right Azoth.
Azoth
Thanks SparrowJacek.
Need more XP before i dare to challenge Kruin wink.gif

Had some fun with Umar the witch. To win is quite easy, but
SPOILER!
to drain her and the imp out of all summons is quite a challenge. Is there an end of Umar's undead spawns (2xSL + 1xWL)?

Some oddities during the fight against Lord Roenall:
SPOILER!
My party can rush Lord Roenall and kill him easily then cutscene starts. But when killing the Guards and Golems first, he becomes immune against all weapons with a special "Hardiness" for a while (Breach, Dispel not working). Is it intended like this?
critto
Had some fun with Umar the witch. To win is quite easy, but
Yes, they are not unlimited.

Some oddities during the fight against Lord Roenall:

It's not intended but I am not going to fix it with any kind of priority. Everyone should be his own policeman.
chaser
"Paws of the furious cat"cannot be used by an multi-class Fighter Druid or an true class Druid,but can be used by a dual class Shapshifer Fighter(or a totem druid fighter).Is this normal?
critto
They should be. I'll re-check.
critto
Yes, there's indeed something strange is going on. I'll think on this and get back to you.
critto
There was a bug indeed. Here's a fixed file. I'll add it to the list of patches later.

[attachment=4268:S_BRAC03.ITM]
Azoth
Hi critto,
Can you please give some more details on the latest patch:
- fix effects of Racial Combat
- fix dispelable effects on Mazzy’s shield

Can I install it mid game? Valygar (already has Racial Combat) and Mazzy (shield not yet upgraded) are in my party.
critto
Yes, you can, it is even advisable. Nothing should be screwed, Mazzy's shield will be safer to use (i.e., it won't loose some of its effects if an enemy dispel hits her) and Racial Combat apparently have had a couple of bugs that caused protectors to have some incorrect bonuses when certain preparations are active (copy-paste be damned).
Azoth
Does it make sense to forge the Potion of Superior Mentality for my Necro?
Intelligence: 18 -> 19
Wisdom: 18 -> 19
critto
Well, I don't think you'll profit from the extra wisdom but you will get some extra spell slots from having 19 INT (although it's not like Necromancer have any shortage of those...).

You can, however, use that potion on someone else (Nalia or Jan, for instance).
Azoth
Thx critto, similar thinking here.

Is higher wisdom helping for better results with the new Wish spell?
I would prefer to forge it later
SPOILER!
but the Brain will be rotten in three days. At least thats what the description says...
nicoper
QUOTE(Azoth @ Oct 15 2016, 07:42 PM) *
Does it make sense to forge the Potion of Superior Mentality for my Necro?
Intelligence: 18 -> 19
Wisdom: 18 -> 19

For a Necro, not a lot of sense
Would say it can be usefull for other mages to increase INT (in EE, not having 18 forbids writing 9Th level scrolls)
With a necro protag I never used it (dumped brain).
Azoth
More questions blink.gif Thx for your patience with my noobishness.
  1. Is there a possiblity in game (without cheating) to increase a druid's (Jaheira's =10) INT by 2? Imho the Sunlight helmet out of Sikret's The Four mod fits better to the Avenger class than Circlet of Golden Flowers. Only the Machine of Lum the Mad comes to my mind for a +1 to INT. Unfortunately Potion of Superior Mentality is only for Mages and Cleric/Mages.
    Sunlight:
    *Cursed Item*
    Equipped abilities:
    Protection against critical hits
    Armor Class: +4 Bonus
    THAC0: +4 Bonus
    -20% Penalty to Fire and Lightning resistance
    Requires 12 intelligence
    Usable By:
    Druid

Circlet of Golden Flowers:
    Equipped abilities:
    +1 Bonus to casting speed
    One additional 6th level and one additional 7th level spell per day
    +2 Bonus to Wisdom and Charisma
    Protection against critical hits
    Special abilities:
    critical Mass Cure: Once per day
    Usable by:
    Druids
  2. Talking about The Four: What exactly is the bug of the Guardians of the Ring (Shade Lich)?
  3. The Expanded Ranger Stronghold: New friend at your cabin should be there although Necro char, should it? And the mystery of the Shimmering Light quest should also start with Necro + EoU multiple stonghold component?
  4. How do i trigger Expanded Mage Stronghold #2: Story of The Old Ones ?
critto
Is there a possiblity in game (without cheating) to increase a druid's (Jaheira's =10) INT by 2?
None that I am aware of. You can just lower the int requirement for that helmet manually if you wish to, it won't make any difference, honestly. You can do that with Near Infinity easy enough. Download and run the software, point it to the chitin.key for your installation, then search for the helmet using a respective function, load up the found item, update its INT requirement field and save back to the override. Once you have saved it, you can also export it into whatever folder the mod itself uses to store it in, so that the change isn't lost in case you do a [re-]uninstall.

I can't even come up with a good idea why does it have that requirement, maybe tailored for Cernd? I don't remember his stats from memory but fine-tuning attribute requirements is one of the hacks from good-old ToB days to restrict items for specific chars. EE has a new special effect opcode for that.

Talking about The Four: What exactly is the bug of the Guardians of the Ring (Shade Lich)?

Erm, what kind of bug? I am not familiar with it. Give me more info and I'll try to answer it for you.

The Expanded Ranger Stronghold: New friend at your cabin should be there although Necro char, should it? And the mystery of the Shimmering Light quest should also start with Necro + EoU multiple stonghold component?
No, expanded content (which is custom-added by IA) is not affected by the EoU tweak. It only applies to the vanilla portions of strongholds that were shipped with the game itself.

How do i trigger Expanded Mage Stronghold #2: Story of The Old Ones ?

You're all done with Marvella? I think after a bit of resting another character will appear and advise to you. I kinda forgot how it goes, to be honest, hopefully somebody else comes by shortly and give you an answer smile.gif

EDIT: fix some typos.
nicoper
QUOTE(critto @ Oct 18 2016, 08:07 AM) *
Talking about The Four: What exactly is the bug of the Guardians of the Ring (Shade Lich)?

Erm, what kind of bug? I am not familiar with it. Give me more info and I'll try to answer it for you.

Think bug (if bug it is) is that Lich can't be killed by punches or magic, only means I know of is SPOILER!

Energy drain from BBoD from a mage under GS/tenser, with my Necro I had barely enough BBoD IIRC last ime I di it, years ago RL speaking

QUOTE(critto @ Oct 18 2016, 08:07 AM) *

You're all done with Marvella? I think after a bit of resting another character will appear and advise to you. I kinda forgot how it goes, to be honest, hopefully somebody else comes by shortly and give you an answer smile.gif

REst in sphere some 3-4 days after end of marvella quest (Pasha freed) while wearing MoA, and be prepared to fight! (if you win there first try you deserve a statue! biggrin.gif )
bulian
IMO circlet of golden flowers is very strong on avenger. instant cast stone skin, faster healing touch, etc.

I think the lich in The Four has some of the resistances from a ring as well as innate resistance. Easy fix may be to decrease his resistances locally using EE keeper or equivalent. There are some other improvements to that mod I can suggest if Critto is maintaining it.
critto
I am not, really, but I don't see any problems porting those fights into IA itself.

Could somebody send the mod package to me?
Azoth

Is there a possiblity in game (without cheating) to increase a druid's (Jaheira's =10) INT by 2?None that I am aware of. You can just lower the int requirement for that helmet manually if you wish to, it won't make any difference, honestly. You can do that with Near Infinity easy enough. Download and run the software, point it to the chitin.key for your installation, then search for the helmet using a respective function, load up the found item, update its INT requirement field and save back to the override. Once you have saved it, you can also export it into whatever folder the mod itself uses to store it in, so that the change isn't lost in case you do a [re-]uninstall.

I can't even come up with a good idea why does it have that requirement, maybe tailored for Cernd? I don't remember his stats from memory but fine-tuning attribute requirements is one of the hacks from good-old ToB days to restrict items for specific chars. EE has a new special effect opcode for that.

Yes, i guess its tailored for Cernd. Guardian holding/guarding the Sunlight helmet only showing up provided that either the protagonist is a druid or you have Cernd in party. Used the console to trigger this encounter ph34r.gif

Could somebody send the mod package to me?
Here is the link:
Would be nice to see The Four ported to IA.

IMO circlet of golden flowers is very strong on avenger. instant cast stone skin, faster healing touch, etc.

True, instant Stoneskin saved Jaheirs's life often. Most probably i will stick to the Circlet. Forgot where i sold the helmet....

You're all done with Marvella? I think after a bit of resting another character will appear and advise to you. I kinda forgot how it goes, to be honest, hopefully somebody else comes by shortly and give you an answer

REst in sphere some 3-4 days after end of marvella quest (Pasha freed) while wearing MoA, and be prepared to fight! (if you win there first try you deserve a statue! )

Thx, yes i dealt with Marvella and fought a glorious fight together with Pasha. Let's see how it goes with the Old One...

Azoth
QUOTE(nicoper @ Oct 18 2016, 03:15 PM) *
REst in sphere some 3-4 days after end of marvella quest (Pasha freed) while wearing MoA, and be prepared to fight! (if you win there first try you deserve a statue! biggrin.gif )

First try lasted half a second then something really bad hit me... blink.gif

I was playing around a bit with casting spells under IA. Dunnot understand:
Hand of Undoing says casting time of 7 but Necro with -4 casting speed (RoA -2, Hades -1, Foreknowledge) can cast 6 per IA, so description of HoU should be 6 -> (6-4)*6 =12
Same for Disrupt Undead.
GoI says 6, but Necro can cast 9 per IA (x-4)*9=12 -> x= 5+ 1/3 ???

(e)
Spell Turning same as HoU
Bigby's Clenched Fist, says castime time 6, but i can cast 8 or more (dont have enough lvl 8 spell slots) per IA
Bigby's Crushing Hand says 7, but it's 6.

(e) without Foreknowledge:
DU (6-3)*4 = 12
GOI (x-3)*6 = 12 -> x = 5
BCF (x-3)*6 = 12 -> x = 5
critto
Interesting. Are these tests from EE? Have you timed it using AutoPause: Spell Cast function?

BTW, have you read this http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...ost&id=4044 ?
Azoth
All numbers are from TOB using AutoPause: Spell Cast. I counted only the finished spells.

Thanks for the link. Didnt know about these details. So the math should be done like this:

Case 1: spell casting time -4
DU: (7-4)*6/10 = 1+4/5 seconds per spell -> 12 / (1+4/5) = 6+2/3 spells per IA -> round = 7 / int = 6 vs 6 in my game
GoI: (6-4)*6/10 = 1+1/5 seconds per spell -> 12 / (1+1/5) = 10 spells per IA vs 9 in my game

Case 2: spell casting time -3
DU: (7-3)*6/10 = 2+2/5 seconds per spell -> 12 / (2+2/5) = 5 spells per IA vs 4 in my game
GoI: (6-3)*6/10 = 1+4/5 seconds per spell -> 12 / (1+4/5) = 6+2/3 spells per IA -> round = 7 / int = 6 vs 6 in my game

Hmmm...
critto
The math looks OK to me, if you round off to lesser value and not mathematically (i.e., 6 + 2/3 rounds off to 6, not 7, roughly speaking). It's crude but calculations agree with what is observed in the game.
Azoth
Entering the graveyard in ch 6 to meet Bodhi dispels all spells, even Giant Strength and Shield of Archons.
Intended?
nicoper
QUOTE(Azoth @ Oct 25 2016, 02:52 PM) *
Entering the graveyard in ch 6 to meet Bodhi dispels all spells, even Giant Strength and Shield of Archons.
Intended?

I think it is, in fact always felt script behaved like hours passing till night so that vampires could roam the place
Azoth
QUOTE(nicoper @ Oct 25 2016, 05:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Azoth @ Oct 25 2016, 02:52 PM) *
Intended?

I think it is, in fact always felt script behaved like hours passing till night so that vampires could roam the place

Ah ok. Didnt notice because i was waiting for the night to enter the graveyard.
Azoth
Mazzy, lvl 26, as a Champion of Arvoreen is part of my group.
When sticking to her upgraded shield, she wont get more than 3 APR with shortswords / 2.5 with other weapons (x2 with IH). I'm thinking of investing a couple of HLAs in GWW. Is it worth it? More APR, more shield bashes. She has 3xHardiness + 3xCS so far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.