Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
thick3
From what I read those monsters in improved spellhold don't give xp, else I would go very late to spellhold. Some encounters are too easy after underdark. Last game I did Shade Lord,Planar Prison and Firkraag before Spellhold
Ralmevic
SPOILER!
In Watcher's Keep level 3, I've met the Supreme Golem in the room with the crazy elf, but it will not give it's quest to me because I'm evil. The existence of another such creature is hinted in the readme, though I can't seem to find it. So how can I start this quest?
Sikret
QUOTE(Ralmevic @ Mar 2 2010, 03:34 PM) *
SPOILER!
In Watcher's Keep level 3, I've met the Supreme Golem in the room with the crazy elf, but it will not give it's quest to me because I'm evil. The existence of another such creature is hinted in the readme, though I can't seem to find it. So how can I start this quest?

SPOILER!

The evil path of the quest is to fight with the Supreme Golem. Only a good aligned protagonist will meet the "other" creature. smile.gif
Ralmevic
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 2 2010, 11:27 AM) *
QUOTE(Ralmevic @ Mar 2 2010, 03:34 PM) *
SPOILER!

SPOILER!

The evil path of the quest is to fight with the Supreme Golem. Only a good aligned protagonist will meet the "other" creature. smile.gif

Just like that, eh? Good to know nothing's wrong with it anyhow. And another thing, so that you don't do it again gor me, how do I use spoilertags?
Sikret
When you want to put the text in spoiler tags, you can use the icon with the sign of a lamp on it.
thick3
Improved Carsomyr 5% chance to remove temporary protections, does it go through PFMW?Stoneskins? What does it remove exactly?
Sikret
If it hits successfully, it dispels all protections. It goes through stoneskins and dispels it along with other protections, but PFMW can block it because it can block a successful hit.
thick3
Thx, Revised Hell Trials component is compatible with IA?
Sikret
QUOTE(thick3 @ Mar 7 2010, 06:38 AM) *
Thx, Revised Hell Trials component is compatible with IA?

No.
thick3
How about lvl1 NPC's? Is this compatible for Jaheira Anomen Korgan particularly.
How exactly was the Harper Pin nerfed in v6?
matti
Definitely not with Anomen, Nalia, Cernd and Valygar. I'm not sure about Imoen.
lroumen
It would in theory work, but I do not recommend it because the personal items and personal item upgrades will not function for most of the alternate kits you choose for them. You may also unknowingly introduce an incompatibility or bug in your game.

On a side-note, I do plan to use a kitmod that I made myself in IA, but knowing the quests and improvements that IA delievers I hope that I can carefully monitor it. I won't expect any support though wink.gif.
thick3
Theres few interesting/balanced kit mods out there, but from what I read around here they incompatible with IA. Would be nice if anybody has some interesting kits to list that they tested with IA
lroumen
Some kit mods feature spells that have been changed by IA or they bonuses are from an aesthetic point of view incompatible with IA. I'm thinking that this would make them incompatible or in the least they do not work as intended when combined with IA.

I don't know about mine. It's floating in the modders workshop forum and whereas it worked as intended in a vanilla game, I'm taking it through IA to see whether it is robust enough in a fully changed environment.
Ralmevic
Can the IA-upgraded-by-Cromwell Carsomyr be re upgraded again by the vanilla upgrade of Cespenar?
critto
Can the IA-upgraded-by-Cromwell Carsomyr be re upgraded again by the vanilla upgrade of Cespenar?

No, I believe it's not possible.
Purifier
I´ve problem with starting Jaheira´s quests. After Xar´s death the Harper contact can´t appear.
I uninstall and install whole game again...BG2, ToB, FixPack112, Ease v27, Tower Of Deception v3.1 and IA5.
Than starting new game with Party: Vagrant, Korgan, Valygar, Jaheira, Anomen, Nalia. Nobody was kick out except Minsc and Yoshimo.
Vagrant is imported from BG1 with items. Is this problem? I notise this in many games with different party compositions and mods.
As I remember older games in IA4.3 it works and in vanilla also.
Sikret
QUOTE(Purifier @ Mar 13 2010, 01:52 PM) *
I uninstall and install whole game again...BG2, ToB, FixPack112, Ease v27, Tower Of Deception v3.1 and IA5.

Did you miss TOB Official patch? It should be installed after TOB and before Baldurdash Fixpack v1.12

Vagrant is imported from BG1 with items. Is this problem?

If the character is imported from vanilla BG1, it won't be a problem, but if it's imported from (Easy) Tutu, then yes it can cause problem. One of the entries in IA FAQ is about importing characters from BG1.
Purifier
I installed BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112. I don´t play bg1 tutu.
I notised NPC scripts stop function. It seems Anomen quest already willnot work.
It´s strange, I think everythink is properly installed.
Day:16
Purifier
Yes I miss TOB Official patch now:-)
Sikret
TOB official patch needs to be installed before Baldurdash v1.12, but since baldurdash can't be uninstalled, your only choice is to uninstall the enetire game and install it again.

Instal BG2 + TOB + TOB Official patch + Baldurdash 1.12

I suggest to keep a backup copy of your entire BG2 folder at this stage and keep it somewhere so that if in the future you need to return to a clean installation without any mods, you can use it without needing to install the game from CDs.

Then install your mods and start a new game.

Is the vagrant kit available in your BG1 game? If not, how did you import a vagrant protagonist from BG1 to BG2? It's not clear to me.
Purifier
I import Ranger of course. Sorry for mistification. But now I did everything properly. Uninstall game. Delete everything in BG2 folder. Install BG2 from CD´s and ToB CD + BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH + BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112 + Weimer_Ease_v27 + ToDv3.1 + five fixes for IA5 + IA5.
Then start a new game and still Jaheira´s Harper contact nowhere.
Sikret
I haven't touched that part of the game mechanics. It's working the same way it has all along been working in the vanilla game. Note that if you are romancing Jaheira, the harper contact appears with some delay. It's been a long time since the last time I played the game with Jaheira in party and my memory of her plot is quite vague and unclear, but if I remember correctly, you actually need to have completed Jaheira's bandit ambush plot before expecting the harper contact. Just keep playing; I don't think that you will have any problems. The contact will appear sooner or later.

And one more point: If you start the game in multiplayer mode, don't forget to save your game, quit the game, and transfer the saved game from the "mpsave" folder to "save" folder.
tathariel
Hi all,

I've downloaded IA two weeks ago and enjoying it ever since but now i'm stucked in the vagrant class quest. i've finished The Mystery of the Shimmering Light and took the new quest from swanmay in the ranger cabin but now i cannot find the diviner where is he supposed to be ? after taking the quest i go to suldanesselar and cleared it but now i forgot what swanmay said and there is no journal entry so i'm stucked smile.gif
thick3
Look for him in one of the Athkatla inns, theres only few of them
zuras
Umm, was wondering if every place where you cannot exit from has a proceeding "autosave" before you enter it. I just did the troll mound thing in the druids grove, and in that area you cannot rest, nor can you exit, no matter if you are engaged or not with an enemy. Pretty weird. Not a big deal but I just wasn't preparred for it, and I did not have autsaves up, so I lost a good hour of playtime cause I entered the place mostly out of spells, half out of health.
Sikret
QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 20 2010, 02:33 AM) *
I just did the troll mound thing in the druids grove, and in that area you cannot rest, nor can you exit, no matter if you are engaged or not with an enemy. Pretty weird.

If you have completed the battle, you can exit. If you haven't cleared the area, you can't exit nor can you rest (because the enemies are around and close). It's normal.
zuras
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 19 2010, 10:22 PM) *
QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 20 2010, 02:33 AM) *
I just did the troll mound thing in the druids grove, and in that area you cannot rest, nor can you exit, no matter if you are engaged or not with an enemy. Pretty weird.

If you have completed the battle, you can exit. If you haven't cleared the area, you can't exit nor can you rest (because the enemies are around and close). It's normal.

I'm aware that's how it works, but that's not really what I was asking. What happens when you bump into a place like that and you are weak and have no prayer of being able to kill everything to get to the exit? We don't have telepathy and know all this tuff beforehand.
Sikret
In that case, you need to reload the game to a saved game before going to that place. There are similar situations in the vanilla game as well. The autosave is also good for you because it lets you return to a point right before entering the area.
zuras
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 19 2010, 10:50 PM) *
The autosave is also good for you because it lets you return to a point right before entering the area.

Hence my still unanswered question.
Sikret
Well, the Troll Mound has an autosave before you enter. In most other areas the exit isn't sealed before you actually get into the actual combat, which means even after entering the area you can still exit as long as you haven't got into combat (and most --if not all-- of them have indeed an autosave before getting in).

As a general note, this kind of questions are mostly questions you could find the answer by exploring the game and playing through it.
zuras
Having taken a closer look at the items you can make in IA 5, I noticed that that judgment day sword requires you to be a good warrior protag. But when does the game decide to make a check or whatever your alignment is for this weapon? The reason I ask is the obvious issue of your alignment changing when you go to hell. If I changed alignment in hell from good to evil, would it screw up the parameters for creating the sword?? At what point does the game "check" my alignment for this item? Is it when I kill some key NPC that drops some item, no good/warrior protag = no item to make the sword??
zuras
Also a related question...(can't edit first)
What about dual and multi classes? Would a fighter druid multi qualify for a rotag druid and protag fighter items? Would a druid/fighter dual class? Or would it be the starting class, or the second class only?
Sikret
QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 22 2010, 02:01 AM) *
Having taken a closer look at the items you can make in IA 5, I noticed that that judgment day sword requires you to be a good warrior protag.

It's actually "good aligned, single-class warrior".

But when does the game decide to make a check or whatever your alignment is for this weapon?
The game checks the requirements at each and every stage (which includes finding some of the ingredients and forging the sword). If you fail to satsify the requirements at any of those stages you won't be able to forge the sword.

QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 22 2010, 02:32 AM) *

What about dual and multi classes? Would a fighter druid multi qualify for a rotag druid and protag fighter items? Would a druid/fighter dual class? Or would it be the starting class, or the second class only?

It depends on the item. If the item requires a "single-class" protagonist, neither a multi nor a dual-class will qualify for it.
zuras
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 21 2010, 10:04 PM) *
QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 22 2010, 02:01 AM) *
Having taken a closer look at the items you can make in IA 5, I noticed that that judgment day sword requires you to be a good warrior protag.

It's actually "good aligned, single-class warrior".

But when does the game decide to make a check or whatever your alignment is for this weapon?
The game checks the requirements at each and every stage (which includes finding some of the ingredients and forging the sword). If you fail to satsify the requirements at any of those stages you won't be able to forge the sword.

QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 22 2010, 02:32 AM) *

It depends on the item. If the item requires a "single-class" protagonist, neither a multi nor a dual-class will qualify for it.

Hmm.. Is there some more specific list of items and their requirements, then? Cause the file with the game specifically says, for insanqance, that "memory of apprenti" requires a single class mage. That's very clear and unambiguous, but almost all the others are not that specific, leading one to believe that the requirements are not that specific either. but form what you are talling me here, it looks like they are equally specific.
Sikret
It's mentioned in the items' document that the JD sword is usable only by single-class, good warriors, but the document (in v5) doesn't mention that even the protagonist needs to be single-class to find every ingredient to forge the sword. This is fixed in v6 and the document states the correct requirement for the protagonist to forge the JD sword.

But apart from the JD sword, the requirements to forge all other items are mentioned clearly and unambiguously in the related document even in v5.
zuras

There really arent that many in the text file. I guess.

Memory of the Apprenti-- clear in the text file. Single mage to make, single mage to use.

Judgement Day-- text file not clear, but clarified prereqs here. You need to be good aligned single class warrior throughout the game to make it, but what about equipping it?

Elven Ancestors' Legacy-- clear in the text.

Helm of Clarity-- not clear. Do you need to be a single class druid to make, and do you need to be a single class druid to use it?

Red Coral Armor-- clear in the text.

Sikret
QUOTE(zuras @ Mar 22 2010, 03:56 AM) *
Judgement Day-- text file not clear, but clarified prereqs here. You need to be good aligned single class warrior throughout the game to make it, but what about equipping it?

It's clearly stated in the text document who can use/equip the sword.

Helm of Clarity-- not clear. Do you need to be a single class druid to make, and do you need to be a single class druid to use it?

This is also clear in the text document. Being a druid is enough, there is no need to be single-class.

PS: The question in this post was for you.
Ralmevic
Has the chance for Sarevok's special ability (I think it was called Deathbringer Assault) been increased in IA?
In any case, how much is it?
Sikret
QUOTE(Ralmevic @ Mar 23 2010, 09:35 PM) *
Has the chance for Sarevok's special ability (I think it was called Deathbringer Assault) been increased in IA?

No, it's not changed.
thick3
4% for 200 slashing damage
10% for stun

IIRC
thick3
At what level does the Inquisitors dispel magic work?
Sikret
QUOTE(thick3 @ Mar 25 2010, 12:37 AM) *
At what level does the Inquisitors dispel magic work?

It's written in the kit's description inside the game as well as the fixes and tweaks document attached to the readme which can be found in the "Documents" folder in your main ImprovedAnvil folder too.
critto
At any, provided that the target has lesser level than the character.
Ralmevic
I have three questions:

First: I am at Druid Grove now (first time ever in IA), and I saw at the documents that there is an Improved Faldorn. So I went in, to checher out and she didn't seem improved to me at all (at least not like most of the IA fights so far ). I could be mistaken, since I don't remember her vanilla version. So I want to ask what exactly are the improvements, and also, if there is a way to fight her with someone other than my kensai protag (I have multiple strongholds installed btw) because with one point in quarterstaves it will prove tiresome.

Second: I recently read at some journals that the fight at the screaming statue was done all three waves at once (or so I gathered from a hasty reading). Is there some special reward for doing it one shot (btw I have not kept a save of that fight, hence the question)? I fought the first wave (after my spells were half spent anyway from the fight with the yuan-ti group there), rested, then fought second wave and rested. Then I fought the second wave again (no XP this time, and by testing it, I found out that no matter how many times I defeated the second wave, if I rested afterwards, they would spawn time after time- which seemed pretty normal), and then I fought the third wave and finished the challenge, and my rewards were some potions and a barbarian essence (don't remember about xp), and the exit was usable again. Did I miss out on anything?

Third. Do I lose control of all stronholds at any moment of the game (an idea that was discussed before v6 was out so as to stop infinite money cheese, and I was curious if it was really implemented)? If so, when is that moment?

That's it for now smile.gif
critto
First: I am at Druid Grove now (first time ever in IA), and I saw at the documents that there is an Improved Faldorn. So I went in, to checher out and she didn't seem improved to me at all (at least not like most of the IA fights so far ). I could be mistaken, since I don't remember her vanilla version. So I want to ask what exactly are the improvements, and also, if there is a way to fight her with someone other than my kensai protag (I have multiple strongholds installed btw) because with one point in quarterstaves it will prove tiresome.
She's improved, but not insanely. She behaves more like a druid of her level. Fighter protagonists generally would better wait until they level up a bit more (12-13).

Second: I recently read at some journals that the fight at the screaming statue was done all three waves at once (or so I gathered from a hasty reading). Is there some special reward for doing it one shot (btw I have not kept a save of that fight, hence the question)? I fought the first wave (after my spells were half spent anyway from the fight with the yuan-ti group there), rested, then fought second wave and rested. Then I fought the second wave again (no XP this time, and by testing it, I found out that no matter how many times I defeated the second wave, if I rested afterwards, they would spawn time after time- which seemed pretty normal), and then I fought the third wave and finished the challenge, and my rewards were some potions and a barbarian essence (don't remember about xp), and the exit was usable again. Did I miss out on anything?

Do it without resting to get the maximum reward, but you can take each wave one after another, no need to fight everyone at the same time, unless you are looking for extra challenge.

Third. Do I lose control of all stronholds at any moment of the game (an idea that was discussed before v6 was out so as to stop infinite money cheese, and I was curious if it was realy implemented)? If so, when is that moment?

No, the control of strongholds is never lost. Infinite money exploits were dealt with in a different manner, AFAIK.
Ralmevic
She's improved, but not insanely. She behaves more like a druid of her level. Fighter protagonists generally would better wait until they level up a bit more (12-13).
Ok, thought there was some more intelligent spellcasting than vanilla, but wasn't sure. Maybe I'll wait for level 13 to get the extra 1/2 attack (I also don't have vampiric touch which sucks everywhere else compared to DUHM, but here would be nice)

Do it without resting to get the maximum reward, but you can take each wave one after another, no need to fight everyone at the same time, unless you are looking for extra challenge.
But what is the maximum reward? (btw adding the first wave to the second and the third wouldn't be any more of a challenge as it is much easier, I think all it would do is make me use more consumables-anyway, I can't try it because I have overwritten all of those saves). Is it something really important?

Third. Do I lose control of all stronholds at any moment of the game (an idea that was discussed before v6 was out so as to stop infinite money cheese, and I was curious if it was realy implemented)? If so, when is that moment?

No, the control of strongholds is never lost. Infinite money exploits were dealt with in a different manner, AFAIK.

Niiiiice biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot for your help
critto
Is it something really important?

Depends. SPOILER!
One permanency scroll, amongst other things, which I do not remember
Ralmevic
I actually found a viable(ish) save and with some trouble managed to get to the correct area to test the fight.

SPOILER!

Seems that the way I did it you get the same loot as with the no rest way (which is 1 permanency scroll-that I forgot I had earned- a barbarian essence, 4 potions of superior healing and 4 potions of invulnerability). In the no rest way however master vampire summoned one aditional vampire bride-which is, the way I fought them at least, inconsequential.
Ralmevic
OK, another question. From what I've seen, most people tend to avoid going to Spellhold if they pass the first XP cap. So, I wanted to ask why this is. Is it too difficult? Is it impossible (because for example you don't have enough weapons that can damage the opponents)? Is it that even though you hit the xp cap you just can't go far above it because the fights outside spellhold are too difficult anyway? Or is it simply more rewarding to go there early?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.