Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Mindless
In the Good, the Bad and the Ugly quest":
SPOILER!
What I shall do after talking to Auriel outside the Five Flagons? In sewers I can't find Ugly thief...

PM or Spoiler plz =\
Sikret
Such heavy spoilers should be shared via PMs only. The question can be asked in a public post in the forum, but the answer should be sent in a PM (and not even in spoiler tags in a public post).
Mindless
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 17 2009, 03:42 PM) *
Such heavy spoilers should be shared via PMs only. The question can be asked in a public post in the forum, but the answer should be sent in a PM (and not even in spoiler tags in a public post).

Than PM me with answer plz
Sikret
QUOTE(Mindless @ Jan 17 2009, 06:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 17 2009, 03:42 PM) *

Than PM me with answer plz

Others will probably send you a PM with the answer. Personally, I prefer to send minor hints rather than explicit answers to such questions, but in this case, my impression is that you are looking for the exact answer rather than some minor hints; so, I'll leave it to others to spoil the fun of solving the puzzle for you. smile.gif
Mindless
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 17 2009, 04:38 PM) *
Others will probably send you a PM with the answer. Personally, I prefer to send minor hints rather than explicit answers to such questions, but in this case, my impression is that you are looking for the exact answer rather than some minor hints; so, I'll leave it to others to spoil the fun of solving the puzzle for you. smile.gif

Well... Minor hints will be better, because it's a first time i have got stuck -_-
Sikret
I sent you a PM with some hints. smile.gif
nataben1314
Are there any high powered magic items that you can use with UAI?

I'm trying to figure out if UAI is just nerfed, or if its totally killed (for normal players) like bards will be in v6.
Raven
QUOTE(nataben1314 @ Jan 19 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Are there any high powered magic items that you can use with UAI?

Mostly the items that can't be used with UAI are those that are usable only by either single-class warriors or some specific class.

I'm trying to figure out if UAI is just nerfed, or if its totally killed like bards will be in v6.

What character were you thinking of playing who would have UAI? How useful it'd be depends on that really. I don't really agree with that bards are being 'totally killed'. I can think of some situations in v6 where a bard would be a really useful character if you know what you're doing.
nataben1314
QUOTE(Raven @ Jan 19 2009, 02:17 PM) *
What character were you thinking of playing who would have UAI?

I was just thinking in general terms actually... no specific plans.

I don't really agree with that bards are being 'totally killed'. I can think of some situations in v6 where a bard would be a really useful character if you know what you're doing.

Thats a silly way of determining usefulness... Suppose there is some monster x that is highly susceptible to spell y. A character who can do nothing but cast spell y is "useful in some situations [i.e. situations where monster x is found] if you know what you're doing" but is still a lame character!!! I'm not saying that bards are an example of this, I'm just saying that in general its not a good way to evaluate a class's usefulness by thinking of a few situations here and there where the character might be useful.

I have a general problem with the way this mod has clear favoritism towards certain classes, but the other aspects of the mod are so good that it compensates for this deficiency. The bard killing just doesn't make sense at all to me, though. I can understand the major nerfing of thieves that the mod does, for instance, because engine limitations make it such that if you make single class thieves strong enough to be very effective, they can also be used cheesily. This is not the case though for the bard, so its just silly favoritism, especially when you contrast it with the treatment that the mod has given to rangers, for example.

I'll stop though, I know this type of criticism (i.e. any criticism other than "encounter x is too easy" or "rangers arent powerful enough!" or "spell/ability/item x is overpowered/cheesy!") just means I'm no good at tactics as far as these boards are concerned unsure.gif

Don't mean to sound overly critical anyways, since this mod still puts every other BG2 mod to shame with how well-made it is. biggrin.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(nataben1314 @ Jan 20 2009, 03:53 AM) *
Thats a silly way of determining usefulness... Suppose there is some monster x that is highly susceptible to spell y. A character who can do nothing but cast spell y is "useful in some situations [i.e. situations where monster x is found] if you know what you're doing" but is still a lame character!!! I'm not saying that bards are an example of this, I'm just saying that in general its not a good way to evaluate a class's usefulness by thinking of a few situations here and there where the character might be useful.

Well, the fact is you have not even started to play IA v5 (you are still thinking over your party compositions and such things to play it); while Raven is a professional IA expert who has been playing IA since a long time ago and is now playing v6 (also see his tactical reputation). Yet, you question his tactical insight about something related to v6 (a version of the mod he is playing now and you are not even playing one version below it yet) using a surrealistic scenario about a hypothetical monster and such things. I wonder whom you will be going to refer to for your future tactical questions if Raven's insights look 'silly' to you.

I have a general problem with the way this mod has clear favoritism towards certain classes
The mod has a clear favoritism over non-cheesy playing style. For example, mages may be considered a favorite class in IA because of the many new quests, items and content this mod adds for them; yet, so many cheesy arcane spells are removed from the game. So, it's not a matter favoring a class over the other; it's rather a matter of favoring fair game-play over cheesiness.

I can understand the major nerfing of thieves that the mod does, for instance, because engine limitations make it such that if you make single class thieves strong enough to be very effective, they can also be used cheesily. This is not the case though for the bard

This shows that you are aware of how a thief could be played cheesily, but not yet aware of how a bard could be played in such ways. I don't blame you for this.
Raven
QUOTE(nataben1314 @ Jan 19 2009, 11:23 PM) *
I don't really agree with that bards are being 'totally killed'. I can think of some situations in v6 where a bard would be a really useful character if you know what you're doing.

Well, you're right, but I wasn't trying to give some in-depth evaluation of bards with that one sentence. I think you're overanalysing.
nataben1314
Hi, I have a new question:

Is there a way to tell if a given creature has immunity to some ability as opposed to just good saves? Say for instance that I cast "hold" against some enemy and it fails, how do I tell if it failed due to saves, or failed due to immunity to hold? I'm asking for legitimate methods here, not stuff like using game editors to look at the creature's statistics and abilities.
Sikret
Well if the spell allows a saving throw and the creature is not immune to it, you will read in the dialogue box that he has saved vs. x.

If the spell doesn't bypass magic resistance and the creature has magic resistance, then it is possible that his MR has blocked the spell. In that case, you won't read the "saved vs. x" message, but will read the "Magic Resistance" message in the dialogue box.

It's also possible that the creature has protective spells active on himself, which you will need to bring down before hoping that your spell will work on him; but I assume that you already know this and your question is about enemies who don't have protective spells.

A last possiblity is that the creature is immune not to that particular spell, but to spells of a certain level. In that case, you will read the "spell ineffective" message.
nataben1314
Perfect, thanks Sikret!
Kerkes
This is a bit off current topic, but here's "the perfect IA5 party" I believe without Vagrant or Valygar (or bard): (for me they worked at least thumb.gif )

Wild mage
berserker for dual-wielding
barbarian for 2 handed (or kensai)
conjurer dualed to cleric at 9 (!)
sorcerer
multi fighter/thief (swashbuckler if you like, I tried and they're ok, just a bit low on HP)

Wild mage is the most powerful class ever, I only tried him out once and had access to "Wish" in Spellhold....amazingly overpowered. They'll be nerfed in 6, but in IA5 they're amazingly powerful...to the point of stupidity. Even sorcs are short in power compared to them.

And about AC
Tried this in Ust Natha - Deirex's Skeleton Lords
I sent my berserker wielding a flail (Phosphorous) and a shield, with that uber belt with Strenght and AC bonuses (with Wild mage tongue.gif , you can forge this before Spellhold if you're lucky with Randomizer).
He goes in battle vs 4 Skeletons alone, has an AC of -24 + other bonuses like prot evil, def.harmony etc.
Skeletons can't hit him even on a roll of 18.
However, he died quite fast.
He'd die even if he had AC of -100, since they score criticals on 19 and 20 and attack so fast.
AC is good, but you still need to kill enemies fast to survive. or Hardiness.
nataben1314
I know G3 Tweak is listed as incompatible, but I wonder about a specific component:

Is "identify all items" incompatible? If so, what is the specific incompatibility? Or is it just assumed to cause bugs?
mirkomi
Hi everybody,

I have a question. My protagonist is a single class mage, I have forged memory of apprentice, how do I activate Danger at Harbors quest? Nothing seems to happen. I've finished all other quests I have before Irenucus finale, so I would really like to finish this as well. There is nothing going on in the Sphere, and no one near or at Cromwells house.

If the reply would be a spoiler, please PM me.
Sikret
Hi, mirkomi!

How many days have passed since you forged the memory robe?
mirkomi
2 days at least. I have nothing else to do, so I've just rested several times in Sphere and in Sea Bounty's.
Now, while I'm waiting for help, I am trying to handle Sup. Leader of G., so in travel I've spent several days. Do I go back and see what happens? Where do I look? Or maybe someone will find me?

Thanks for a quick response.
Sikret
Yes, just go back to Docks district and try to go to Cromwell. 2 days were not enough, "Danger at harbors" triggers 3 days after forging the memory robe.
mirkomi
QUOTE(Sikret @ Feb 8 2009, 04:49 AM) *
Yes, just go back to Docks district and try to go to Cromwell. 2 days were not enough, "Danger at harbors" triggers 3 days after forging the memory robe.

Yup. that was it, of course.
I have a minor suggestion. In v6 you should definitely make this battle harder. At this point in game this was really not a problem, I think there should be a few more opponents to make it more interesting.

Anyway, thanks for help.
Kerkes
One question for "Memory of Apprenti" robe.
I don't understand this.
Say, you've got a single class mage prot.
You can get the Apprenti robe with a decent chance I guess, and forge Memory of Apprenti.
Say you've got a multi f/m prot.
You can also get Apprenti (WHAT FOR? AC of 3?!!) but you can not forge "Memory" because you're not a single class mage!!!???? There's no logic here. Why not make this like JD sword, always forged, single class mages/sorcerers only? It's nowhere near the power of JD anyway.
Sikret
If 'Robe of the Apprenti' sounds to be a weak item, that's not my problem; it's a vanilla game item. Who has said that only those who can or want to forge the 'Memory Robe' should be able to gain the vanilla robe of the apprenti. You can choose not to ask your pupils to make it for you (and keep all of them alive) if you are playing a multi-class protagonist.

It's the same for the JD sword; you can still gain its vanilla ingredients in the game.
darkjeshush
I have a quick question about Vagrants. This is my second time playing IA5, and I've noticed some things happening that didn't happen during my first run as Sorc. I like to take note of where certain items are to plan future games, and one thing I've noticed as Vagrant; Items I never "picked up" randomly appear in my inventory, for example the 50% MR cloak. I have no idea when and where I got it, since I didnt loot it nor did I receive an Item Received message. I didn't notice it in my protag's inventory until I was in Sahuagin City, but I suspect I got it some time in spellhold. I realize alot of the items are randomized; perhaps it came from that book where you keep turning pages and at the end you get a bunch of stuff. I'm pretty sure I checked those items and the cloak wasnt there at that time. It is most likely intended, maybe some vagrant trigger I dont know about since the cloak is vagrant or stalker only, but it's killing me not knowing where I got it from.
Sikret
QUOTE(darkjeshush @ Feb 24 2009, 07:08 PM) *
I have a quick question about Vagrants. This is my second time playing IA5, and I've noticed some things happening that didn't happen during my first run as Sorc. I like to take note of where certain items are to plan future games, and one thing I've noticed as Vagrant; Items I never "picked up" randomly appear in my inventory, for example the 50% MR cloak. I have no idea when and where I got it, since I didnt loot it nor did I receive an Item Received message.

You have had an "Item Received" message, but you haven't noticed it. There are a few items/treasures which appear in the game only under specific conditions. In some cases, the condition can be your protagonist's class, alignment, reputation, level, etc.

I didn't notice it in my protag's inventory until I was in Sahuagin City, but I suspect I got it some time in spellhold. I realize alot of the items are randomized; perhaps it came from that book where you keep turning pages and at the end you get a bunch of stuff. I'm pretty sure I checked those items and the cloak wasnt there at that time. It is most likely intended, maybe some vagrant trigger I dont know about since the cloak is vagrant or stalker only, but it's killing me not knowing where I got it from.

I know where you've got it; and yes, it has been intended that you get it.

I hope that it's enough for you to be assured that it's not been a bug or an unintended event, because I'm not going to write the exact conditions under which that cloak appears in the game. smile.gif
darkjeshush
How do I get summons to stay put? I have party AI turned off but they still crowd up on my nuts and disrupt my positioning to no end. It's not that big of a deal most of the time, but it can get pretty annoying.
darkjeshush
Random Question: It's about re-installation

I recently noticed I have been having a few slight problems with my game, no real consequences, but I wanted a perfectly working install this time around.

The main differences:
1. I didn't have Dungeon-Be-Gone and now I want it.
2. I was ignorant on a couple of incompatibles from Weimer Ease of Use v.33 (I think?) Is that the Standard Ease of Use BTW? I had all the extraneous romance bugfixes, Rest Anywhere, Multi-class grandmastery, and maybe a few more I don't even know what they do. They just looked ok when I installed it. This time around I ONLY installed the ones Sikret listed and used himself in his v5 walkthrough (will play slowly) thread.

Some of the more notable problems I noticed in old playthroughs:
I never get a short sword of backstabbing anymore when completing Maevar quests.
Sometimes the Messenger NPCS for strongholds just stop showing up.
And maybe more that I'm oblivious to, hence the uninstall-reinstall is in order.

Here is my main question: Will my installation work perfectly this time around? Here is what I did exactly.

1. Uninstall SOA and TOB
2. Install SOA
3. Install TOB
4. Install official patch (26498)
5. Install 112 fixpatch

6. Here's where it gets confusing. Some of the previously installed components I no longer wanted for Ease Use were still there...
So this time, when I got to the Ease of Use step, I asked to be prompted on EACH ITEM, then I REINSTALLED (overwrite/keep) each one that Sikret used in his aforementioned thread, and then UNINSTALLED the ones that he did not have listed.
7. Then I installed Dungeon Be Gone once I was done doing Ease Use
8. Finally, I REINSTALL(overwrite/keep) IA5. Again, I guess the files from previous IA5 were still in the directory, but the console shows every file copied, and at the end it says it successfully installed Dungeon Be Gone v1.6 and succesfully installed Improved Anvil v5.0

Will this work perfectly? Will this fix any problems I've had in the past?
Thanks in advance.
Sikret
Open weidu.log (it's a text file in your main bg2 folder). It shows the list of your mods and their order of installation. If Improved Anvil is at the bottom of the list, then it's ok.

Ease-of-Use v27 is the recommended version. You can download it from a pinned topic in the forum. Other versions won't cause serious problems, but IIRC, some of the newer versions of EoU add some stuff (such as additional containers/bags which you should not buy) to some of the game's stores. Moreover, we have tested IA with EoU27.
darkjeshush
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6

>< is that ok?
Sikret
No, it's not ok. As I said, Improved Anvil should be at the bottom of the list. To solve the problem, uninstall Improved Anvil and install it again. Don't use the Re-install option; uninstall completely and install afresh.
darkjeshush
Ok done. Thanks for helping me.
mirkomi
Hi,

I have a minor problem with the game. This is my second time I play IA, and somewhere along the way this time, I realized that if some non-protagonist is imprisoned, once I cast freedom I cannot make him join my party (custom made NPC). I browsed the forum, and find a patch by Sikret. I uninstalled IA, installed the patch, then installed IA, and the patch worked ok. That problem solved.

However, now I don't get any more messengers to start off stronghold quests.
I am on Chapter 6, still didn't finish basic ranger stronghold, but Delon doesn't seem to show up and tell me that new Umar Witch is there. In DeArnise keep, I keep getting the money, but no one seems to come and see me, etc. Same thing for thief and bard stronghold.
This is my first time with Vagrant protagonist, and I was hoping to see the new quests. Also, I guess I will be missing a lot of randomized equipment.
It there any help, or do I have to uninstall and install everything, and start a new game?

BR,
Shadan
I encountered this problem in my both of my IAv5 runs. My guess is if you do elven city before your stronghold quests are finished, messengers stop to come and quests don't continue. I am pretty sure, because in both of my game messengers were ok before I started the elven city, then I did the whole city and I left city just before the Tree, and all running stronghold quests stopped. I lost bard stronghold quests in both of my game, and fighter stronghold quest in one of them. Did you start elven city in your game?
mirkomi
Thanks shadan,

You are probably right. I am in chapter 7. I will try to find a save game from chapter 6.
Silverstar
Err, fast and simple question, is Dragon's Breath HLA changed to effect single target only? Liches cast it on one of my characters and only the target is hurt. Also when I cast the spell myself it does not effect many targets and does not have its once big bang flashy charm any more... waah.
Raven
QUOTE(Silverstar @ Mar 19 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Err, fast and simple question, is Dragon's Breath HLA changed to effect single target only? Liches cast it on one of my characters and only the target is hurt. Also when I cast the spell myself it does not effect many targets and does not have its once big bang flashy charm any more... waah.

Not by IA. Something else must be affecting it.
Silverstar
Hmm weird indeed. Thanks I need to check my mod list throughly.
Sikret
It's strictly and explicitly mentioned in the mod's documentation that you should NOT install any other mod which tampers with spells. Not only you will run into the risk of creating bugs in your game, but will also make the battles a lot easier than intended, because enemy spellcasters assume that every spell works exactly in the way IA has defined (and if IA has not given a new definition for a given spell, they assume that the spell works the way it works in the vanilla game). Installing additional and incompatible mods together with IA will not add anything positive to your game, Silverstar! It will most certainly decrease your game's overall quality.
Silverstar
I know that already Sikret. I understand and I completely agree. I did not install any mod which tempers with existing spells. (and I know a few such mods, I do not like their concept and content anyway.) Only spell mod I have is Wild Mage Additions which adds new wild magic spells and it does not change or modify any existing spell so I think it does not cause bugs with IA scripted enemies as they don't use those spells added by the mod anyway.

So I do not know if a mod is indeed the culprit from my long list, maybe I should do more test playing, maybe I allowed my other characters flee the area of effect before the dragon head spawned. Hmm.
matti
Couldn't resist:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5258/baldr002.jpg

hehe, only three reloads

overcoming trauma here grinteeth.gif
darkjeshush
Mirkomi that problem was around since Vanilla BG2. Several players have mentioned lost stronghold messenger problems, and I used to get that problem alot too. Likely a problem with multiple strongholds mod. However, I've never had problems with disappearing courriers if they are done before leaving Athkatla for Spellhold. Sikret's stronghold additions have always worked perfectly assuming the the messengers don't screw up beforehand. Therefore, I always stay up to Turmish Invaders, Roenall, Borinall etc before leaving for spellhold to ensure I can see all the content. There are two downsides though. once you do that, you are committed because some must be completed within a time limit; and they can get pretty difficult in chapter 3, not to mention the shade lord pre-requisite for Ranger. But if you can beat Shade Lord in ch.3 you should be ok on the others. Be prepared for /facepalm in improved Spellhold as a result too.

Best Regards,

Jeshush Krysht
Goldman Sachs Group
85 Broad Street, Manhattan New York 10004
22nd Floor suite 108, Private Wealth Management Division
212-902-1000 ext 6310
jkrysht@gs.com

J/K sorry, had to rip on you abit for that BR.
Sikret
QUOTE(darkjeshush @ Mar 24 2009, 05:23 AM) *
Mirkomi that problem was around since Vanilla BG2. Several players have mentioned lost stronghold messenger problems, and I used to get that problem alot too. Likely a problem with multiple strongholds mod. However, I've never had problems with disappearing courriers if they are done before leaving Athkatla for Spellhold.

There is no need to complete all of the strongholds in chapter 3. In my own v5 game, I did some of the quests of each stronghold in chapter 3 and the rest in chapter 6 and didn't have any problems.

One problem which sometimes happens (it doesn't relate to IA though) is that when you exit the underdark, a messenger may appear at the edge of the screen but before he manages to initiate dialogue, the elf (Elhan's soldier) speaks and his speech is followed by the cutscene and then the messenger remains there for good. It's always a good idea to search that area later to find such messengers if they are left there.
darkjeshush
Oh snap, I didnt realize that. That's probably where my messengers used to get lost.
Kerkes
QUOTE(darkjeshush @ Mar 24 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Oh snap, I didnt realize that. That's probably where my messengers used to get lost.

Gotcha!!!!! thumb.gif
mirkomi
QUOTE(Sikret @ Mar 24 2009, 01:57 PM) *
QUOTE(darkjeshush @ Mar 24 2009, 05:23 AM) *
Mirkomi that problem was around since Vanilla BG2. Several players have mentioned lost stronghold messenger problems, and I used to get that problem alot too. Likely a problem with multiple strongholds mod. However, I've never had problems with disappearing courriers if they are done before leaving Athkatla for Spellhold.

There is no need to complete all of the strongholds in chapter 3. In my own v5 game, I did some of the quests of each stronghold in chapter 3 and the rest in chapter 6 and didn't have any problems.

One problem which sometimes happens (it doesn't relate to IA though) is that when you exit the underdark, a messenger may appear at the edge of the screen but before he manages to initiate dialogue, the elf (Elhan's soldier) speaks and his speech is followed by the cutscene and then the messenger remains there for good. It's always a good idea to search that area later to find such messengers if they are left there.

After some testing, and going back to an old save, my conclusion is that Shaden was right with his first answer. It's not a problem with chapter 6 or with messengers getting lost. Problem was with chapter 7. Once you return the lantern to Elhan, and enter the elven city, all messengers stop coming. That was the case in my game anyway.

Anyway, thanks all, just now I am trying to solve first new ranger quest. Hope it will go without much trouble (but with some smile.gif ).

Btw, do I have to finish MotSL, to start G,B&U quest? I will probably find out soon, but I'm a little impatient.
Raven
QUOTE(mirkomi @ Mar 30 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Btw, do I have to finish MotSL, to start G,B&U quest? I will probably find out soon, but I'm a little impatient.

Yes I believe so. If you do happen to have problems with MotSL starting properly it might be worth checking past threads because it's been mentioned/discussed in the past.
Kerkes
A question about mod compatibility:

I have about 50 other mods on my drive. Most of them are variuos NPCs (Sola mod, Tashia etc.) small stuff like Asassinations, Tactics mod, Rogue Rebalacing (exellent, exellent mod) etc. Yet, I wonder wether is any of them playable with Anvil. For example, take Asassinations. It only adds an item (necklace) which behaves just like Harmony shield (along with some extra quests, but no notable items). Yet, since spellcasters in Anvil don't know about it, they'll waste Chaos and the like on character equiped with it. Same is true for most, if not all, mods I have. Are there mods aside from Four compatible with Anvil? I have seen none. Even the Four is a bit over-the-line sometimes. The waY I see it, if a mod introduces a new ability/immunity/resistance/etc. it's automatically incompatible - actually, it will work but spellcasters will behave suboptimal.
If somebody knows of any good mod (even a NPC) I'd appreciate if he could point it out (not Valen and some god-like other.)

Raven
QUOTE(Kerkes @ Apr 2 2009, 01:01 PM) *
A question about mod compatibility:

I have about 50 other mods on my drive. Most of them are variuos NPCs (Sola mod, Tashia etc.) small stuff like Asassinations, Tactics mod, Rogue Rebalacing (exellent, exellent mod) etc. Yet, I wonder wether is any of them playable with Anvil. For example, take Asassinations. It only adds an item (necklace) which behaves just like Harmony shield (along with some extra quests, but no notable items). Yet, since spellcasters in Anvil don't know about it, they'll waste Chaos and the like on character equiped with it.

Yes, this is correct.

Are there mods aside from Four compatible with Anvil? I have seen none. Even the Four is a bit over-the-line sometimes. The waY I see it, if a mod introduces a new ability/immunity/resistance/etc. it's automatically incompatible - actually, it will work but spellcasters will behave suboptimal.
If somebody knows of any good mod (even a NPC) I'd appreciate if he could point it out (not Valen and some god-like other.)

Well, Tower of Deception is compatible with IA (find it here at BWL). For NPCs... I don't know a great deal about NPC mods, I've never tried any with IA. I think there's a good chance there would be no problem with Keto and IA, though. Lots of the very small NPC mods as well, which add a character with no out-of-the-ordinary items or abilities, but I guess that isn't of much interest.
Kerkes
Tnx Raven
Will try Deception. As I remember, there's a 2-handed sword there...I forgot what it does, I just remember I didn't use it in non-Anvil games..did't play Tower for a long long time.
Keto is a no-no. I don't like him (I don't mind playing evil, however sacrificing children is a bit over the line), but I'll try to find something else. Tnx anyway.
mirkomi
QUOTE(Raven @ Mar 31 2009, 12:03 PM) *
QUOTE(mirkomi @ Mar 30 2009, 11:01 PM) *

Yes I believe so. If you do happen to have problems with MotSL starting properly it might be worth checking past threads because it's been mentioned/discussed in the past.

Thanks Raven, I managed to finish MotSL. Now I have a problem with GBU. I've given to diviner an item (BTW, I chose green wyrm plate, what do you think?), I've met Auriel outside, went in sewers, and nothing. I can't find anything in sewers. I've been to the sewers in slums also, nothing there. Went back to Umar Hills, also nothing. What am I missing.

I've found that in the past, someone had a similar problem, but you've answered him on a PM.

I wouldn't mind a PM myself. Cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.