Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Azoth
QUOTE(zxcvbnm @ Sep 23 2020, 06:42 PM) *
Suprised nobody mentioned how the simplified economy breaks scripts as it removes some potions from enemies. Golems and Giths idling.

I finished almost every encounter which is winnable in chapter 3 in my current run (using Simplified Economy) and havent noticed any broken scripts or idling Golems.
Can you give a specific example of a broken encounter?
critto
Suprised nobody mentioned how the simplified economy breaks scripts as it removes some potions from enemies. Golems and Giths idling.

Did you in fact observe this in practice? Absolutely nothing is removed from anyone. All items are marked as undroppable, and creatures are given an appropriate pre-summed amount of gold to their inventory instead.
zxcvbnm
Might have been something else then but I re-installed without that component and haven't encountered it since. Golems and Giths did not haste or drink their potions then just idled. Certain encounters more than others I guess.
critto
This might require some extra research if it does indeed happen on clean install (no other mods). But definitely sounds strange. For instance, golems don't even have potions do drink, their haste is an innate ability.
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 25 2020, 06:05 AM) *
This might require some extra research if it does indeed happen on clean install (no other mods). But definitely sounds strange. For instance, golems don't even have potions do drink, their haste is an innate ability.

I'm skipping that component for now, there's still some other inconsistencies with Traps-Locks and item descriptions. Seems like there was a lot of changes in the past versions which is good of course. It's coming along nicely btw, well done.
Since Ease of Use doesnt seem to be working with the latest game release what is the alternative or workaround?
critto
I'm skipping that component for now, there's still some other inconsistencies with Traps-Locks and item descriptions.
Traps and locks are a separate component, and it's pretty much the same as any other "no traps & locks" version in other mods. And could you clarify about item descriptions?

Since Ease of Use doesnt seem to be working with the latest game release what is the alternative or workaround?

Do you have a specific problem with a particular component? EoE have always been working well with BG2:EE 2.5, to my knowledge. I need more information to advise.
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 25 2020, 02:07 PM) *
I'm skipping that component for now, there's still some other inconsistencies with Traps-Locks and item descriptions.
Traps and locks are a separate component, and it's pretty much the same as any other "no traps & locks" version in other mods. And could you clarify about item descriptions?

Do you have a specific problem with a particular component? EoE have always been working well with BG2:EE 2.5, to my knowledge. I need more information to advise.

Lots of items have some leftover description at the bottom.
Apparently still works once Weidu is updated.
critto

Do you mean garbage text that is obviously out of place and shouldn't be there? Or the usability info that looks doubled because the EE generates and appends it automatically?
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 28 2020, 09:55 AM) *

Do you mean garbage text that is obviously out of place and shouldn't be there? Or the usability info that looks doubled because the EE generates and appends it automatically?

Usability yea.
critto
Well, that's a known issue. Not hard to fix, but tedious. But I wouldn't personally classify it as critical :-) It'll probably get fixed at some point for v7 when I find it in me to spend an hour going through the items' descriptions.
zxcvbnm
Does Necro dispel at a higher level with their remove magic or perhaps some of the item that does that?
critto
Dispel / Remove Magic depend on character's level and its relation to level of a creature you're trying to dispel.

With 'Type' of 1 or 2, the base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. This chance is modified by the relative levels of the dispeller to the caster. Each level below gives a -10% chance, each level above gives a +5% chance. There is always a 1% chance of success or failure.
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Oct 27 2020, 07:54 AM) *
Dispel / Remove Magic depend on character's level and its relation to level of a creature you're trying to dispel.

With 'Type' of 1 or 2, the base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. This chance is modified by the relative levels of the dispeller to the caster. Each level below gives a -10% chance, each level above gives a +5% chance. There is always a 1% chance of success or failure.

Thanks I see. When was this introduced? Spell description still says if above caster level the odds are 0.
critto
Thanks I see. When was this introduced? Spell description still says if above caster level the odds are 0.

In the enhanced edition. Spell description in IA might be outdated. I think I've corrected in the development branch, I'll re-check.
SparrowJacek
It should still be 0% if you're below opponent's level. That's one of challenges of IA, you can't dispel enemies and have to endure them for some time. And the main role of Inquisitor is to cast high level dispel so you have chance to turn the tides of a battle by dispelling a higher level enemy. To me, we should stick to original IA version of RM/DM
critto
I am not entirely sure if it is possible at all to achieve that. The opcode's new mechanics are engine-level.
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 11 2020, 06:16 AM) *

In the enhanced edition. Spell description in IA might be outdated. I think I've corrected in the development branch, I'll re-check.

Interesting, seems like a good feature so far. I see the last version is .52 from July, is there a more recent release somewhere?
critto
No, not yet. We're working hard (sort of) on IAv7, there's actual druid stronghold quest in progress and some other fun stuff too, but it'll take a while to push all of it to release state.
zxcvbnm
Been getting this bug in the Harper Hold at the bottom level, Berinvar & co. A few enemies idle here, only the two mages engage in the fight. Could you check the scripts in .52 release?
critto
OK, I'll take a look. Are they hostile? They don't do anything at all?
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 14 2020, 08:36 PM) *
OK, I'll take a look. Are they hostile? They don't do anything at all?

They do turn red but most idle, except two mages.
Can you also look at potion of absorption vs. insulation. Absorption doesn't seem to work for me. Insulation works fine.
critto
OK, I'll check both as soon as I get weidu working again on the new OS X.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 19 2020, 06:15 AM) *
OK, I'll check both as soon as I get weidu working again on the new OS X.

critto,
Have u seen alien's post here?
https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/3...-sur-available/
critto
Not this thread, no, but I was the one who initially raised the subject yesterday on Weidu's own forum.
critto
Can you also look at potion of absorption vs. insulation. Absorption doesn't seem to work for me. Insulation works fine.
Can you tell me more about this problem? I've fired up a new game, tried both potions against Lightning Bolt, they seem to work OK.

Been getting this bug in the Harper Hold at the bottom level, Berinvar & co. A few enemies idle here, only the two mages engage in the fight. Could you check the scripts in .52 release?

And here, do you mean the fight against Galvarei and four of his helpers?
zxcvbnm
'
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 21 2020, 08:13 AM) *
Can you tell me more about this problem? I've fired up a new game, tried both potions against Lightning Bolt, they seem to work OK.

And here, do you mean the fight against Galvarei and four of his helpers?

I figured it out, one is set the other is increment. Once lowered, absorption will not raise elec back up.
Yeah that fight.
critto
Do you have a save game for this fight? It is true that there isn't much of an AI for most of them, but they do have some basic attack routines. Shouldn't be completely idle.
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 21 2020, 10:01 PM) *
Do you have a save game for this fight? It is true that there isn't much of an AI for most of them, but they do have some basic attack routines. Shouldn't be completely idle.

I do not have unfortunately.
Maybe I figured what breaks the Gith scripts if the Simplified Economy is installed. Class script "GPUSE", once removed they seem to operate normally. Have a look please. One Gish still managed to idle in the Kruin fight.

IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
HPPercentLT(Myself,20)
HasItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DisplayStringHead(Myself,46150) // *quaffs a potion*
UseItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC1)
END

IF
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_INVISIBLE)
!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY)
HasItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC0)
Delay(6)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
UseItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC0)
END

IF
HasItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC2)
Delay(12)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
UseItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC2)
END

IF
HasItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC3)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
UseItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC3)
END

IF
HasItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC4)
Delay(12)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
UseItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC4)
END

IF
HasItemSlot(Myself,SLOT_MISC5)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
UseItemSlot(LastSeenBy(Myself),SLOT_MISC5)
END
critto
Yes, there might be something to that, I'll try to reproduce somehow. Not sure yet how it affects, though, simplified economy does not remove any items nor replace them.
critto
So yeah, gpuse.bcs was the culprit, hardcoded to consume items from specific inventory slots. When simplified economy puts a pile of gold into one of the slots, the script enters into an endless loop. Here's a fix in case anyone needs it: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvilT...8c0b3b8043c0ce0
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 26 2020, 06:41 PM) *
So yeah, gpuse.bcs was the culprit, hardcoded to consume items from specific inventory slots. When simplified economy puts a pile of gold into one of the slots, the script enters into an endless loop. Here's a fix in case anyone needs it: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvilT...8c0b3b8043c0ce0

Thanks, what are the install steps?
critto
Download the updated script, put it into "IATweaks/lib/components/quality/" and re-install simplified economy.
lappen
hey guys,

can someone tell me where to find the ruby of the gods ?

critto
SPOILER!
IIRC it is in the shadow temple
lappen
thx
lroumen
SPOILER!
is there a smarter way to kill the chaos monster than with about 12 call lightning spells? I don't want to wait for the +4 weapons at the moment and always doing double druid for this encounter is getting a bit one sided. I guess the of thunder and lightning is another bit of help though.
bulian
Greater malison helps quite a bit. Chaos' saving throws aren't that good. I don't recall whether doom helps as well.
lroumen
Doom sticks to it as far as I can remember. I'm just tired of the SPOILER!
lightning and unleash energy
spam so I was hoping more damage spells could affect him.
pekkae
What happened to Cromwell?

I'm just back from the underdark and his shop is unavailable -> the door is open @ docks but there's no way to enter as the cursor doesn't change as it does with all of the other accessible doors & gateways in the game. It's just blank.

is this a bug or a feature?
critto
Probably a bug related to encounter with Kruin. What is your game/IA version? Do you have any other mods installed?
pekkae
Thanks for the reply!

I'm avoiding Kruin for the moment, was hoping to get some stuff from Cromwell before I do that battle.

IA should be the latest version (6.5 - IAv65). Game version 2.5.16.6 (that's the number on the "front" page).

Other mods

- Recommended ease of use modifications (multiple strongholds)
- Weimer Itemupgrade v.4.0
- Itempack by Daulmakan Version 1.8

Cromwell worked fine before the underdark, but now he is gone.

ps. Installing the current version on macos did not work until I renamed the uninstallation directory "ImprovedAnvil" instead of the default one.

pps. It's a great mod!
critto
I'm avoiding Kruin for the moment, was hoping to get some stuff from Cromwell before I do that battle.
Well, that's kind of the thing. You need to face Kruin before getting access to Cromwell. I guess it doesn't really make sense, but that's how it's been historically, a design decision. I might review it now that you've brought it to attention, but Kruin needs to be dealt with unless you want to use the console or amend this locally within the mod's scripts.

- Weimer Itemupgrade v.4.0
- Itempack by Daulmakan Version 1.8

I am not familiar with these mods but be aware that IA has never really been friendly to other mods, so they might cause some strange things, in theory.

ps. Installing the current version on macos did not work until I renamed the uninstallation directory "ImprovedAnvil" instead of the default one.
This is strange. What was its name before renaming?

pps. It's a great mod!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.
pekkae
Thanks again for the reply.

Ok so I need to face Kruin. Will do that next and see how it works out, I hope Cromwell starts working afterwards.

I know IA doesn't play well with other mods but those two I thought were quite safe, as it's just a few items and they do not really do anything else.

There was an error in my message: I had to unzip the mod & copy the contents to BG2EE's folder and rename the directory to "ImprovedAnvil" in order to get the mod to install (using Weidu).

I did not find this in any of the guides / howto's I researched and even the error log didn't specify that. Though the error log complained about missing files so I just tried something and luckily it worked.
critto
I know IA doesn't play well with other mods but those two I thought were quite safe, as it's just a few items and they do not really do anything else.

They probably modify Cromwell's dialogue files as well, so it might lead to some weird things. But hopefully, it'll be ok.
pekkae
They do modify the dialogue files but it still works so it's nice!

FYI> Cromwell started working after Kruin. Will post a few random notes and observations on a separate thread.

pekkae
I can't forge memory of the apprenti?

I have all of the required stuff in my inventory (and yes, Protagonist is a single class Necromancer)

CLK29 (Robe of the Apprenti)
WA2ROBE (Robe of Vecna)
SCRL5K (Scroll of Spirit Armor)
CLK01 x 2 (Cloak of protection +1)
SIMSC01 x 3 (scroll of memory boosting)
SIMSC02 x 1 (scroll of permanency)

+ enough gp.

I don't have the option to forge it. Everything else has worked fine.

Cromwell gives me the option to ask about upgrading the robe of the apprenti & gives me the list of items but even if I have all of those items I can't upgrade to memory of the apprenti.

Is there something else that I should have in order to forge this?

Thanks again!
lappen
hey dude smile.gif ,

what is ur protagonist class ?
pekkae
Single class Necromancer
SparrowJacek
Do you have all ingredients in your equipment? And not in any bag of holding.
pekkae
QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Dec 22 2020, 07:55 PM) *
Do you have all ingredients in your equipment? And not in any bag of holding.

Yes. Though all other items worked fine even though ingredients were in a bag of holding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.