Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
critto
Does anybody know where can be buy a scroll of Vocalize? I checked it at several shops but did not find any and I need it for the Amulet of Hades.

You can't find it in plain stores anymore. One of the monsters does drop it, however. If I am not mistaken, it is
SPOILER!
the Shadow Dragon
SparrowJacek
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 1 2013, 01:40 AM) *
Does anybody know where can be buy a scroll of Vocalize? I checked it at several shops but did not find any and I need it for the Amulet of Hades.

You can't find it in plain stores anymore. One of the monsters does drop it, however. If I am not mistaken, it is
SPOILER!
the Shadow Dragon

Yes, you can find it there, the other place is
SPOILER!
Firkraag's dead body(Thax has it every time you play Necro prot. and I'm not sure about Firk.)
Vuki
Thanks guys, so it means that the Shadow Dragon must be killed without Amulet of Hades. Pity. smile.gif
Vuki
I have always problem with the squirrel quest ("A Hard Nut to Crack"). I got the quest, Shade Lord is killed and I am still not able to find the squirrel. SPOILER!
I know it is in east of Umar Hills
and I looked everywhere but I wasn't able to find it. There is only one squirrel (in the west at Merella cabin) but he just give me a coin and nothing else happened. I even report back my success to the major (I tried to avoid to do it to be able to raise my reputation after Underdark) but it does not help either.
nicoper
QUOTE(Vuki @ Jul 2 2013, 03:01 PM) *
I have always problem with the squirrel quest ("A Hard Nut to Crack"). I got the quest, Shade Lord is killed and I am still not able to find the squirrel. SPOILER!
I know it is in east of Umar Hills
and I looked everywhere but I wasn't able to find it. There is only one squirrel (in the west at Merella cabin) but he just give me a coin and nothing else happened. I even report back my success to the major (I tried to avoid to do it to be able to raise my reputation after Underdark) but it does not help either.

Squirrel is east, a bit eastward from where you met the 3 boys wanting booz and swords

I am not sure whether you have to kill shade lord AND Thax for it to appear (usually I kill them both in a row)
Vuki
QUOTE(nicoper @ Jul 2 2013, 06:48 PM) *
Squirrel is east, a bit eastward from where you met the 3 boys wanting booz and swords

I am not sure whether you have to kill shade lord AND Thax for it to appear (usually I kill them both in a row)

I checked it there as well but I will give it again a try. Both Shade Lord and Thax are killed.

Update: It is there. It is strange that I did not notice previously. Thanks, Nicoper.
critto
Update: It is there. It is strange that I did not notice previously. Thanks, Nicoper.

There might be some timer implemented between the two events. That would explain it.
Vuki
How many magical flower seeds can be found in the game? It is required for a druid item and for a monk item as well. Am I right that a decision has to be made here because both cannot be forged?
critto
How many magical flower seeds can be found in the game? It is required for a druid item and for a monk item as well. Am I right that a decision has to be made here because both cannot be forged?

It is found only once. You have to choose.
Vuki
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 4 2013, 03:14 PM) *
It is found only once. You have to choose.

That is pity. I have both Cernd and a monk in my party (I just started a new party while problem is solved with the other one) and both chars are very important for that party. But that is life. smile.gif
critto
Yes, unfortunately such is the case. IA is generally quite generous with resources for forging, but there are some situations where you just can't get it all smile.gif One example would be having a necromancer protagonist, Nalia and Cernd together in one party. There is just not enough scrolls of Memory Boosting to forge everything for them in SoA. You will eventually be able to do so in ToB, but all the items are pretty critical in terms of increasing power of their respective wielders.
Vuki
Yes, no problem with it. You can't always get what you want... smile.gif

Also I realized that Cernd will use Amulet of Power, so it is ok if I forge the monk item.
crunk
So I noticed my load times have increased drastically ever since I dipped my head into Suldanesselar to grab some xp and it's just gotten progressively worse. I don't want to reload far back because the last pre-Suldanessalar titled save was outside Alhoon's sewer entrance, like 20+ days before this current set of quick/auto saves. Now each reload is like three minutes good god what the fuck? Why didn't I make a titled save outside of Suldanessalar??

Anybody else have this same problem? Next time I'm not stepping in until it's time to finish SoA, no matter how close a character is to leveling up...
nicoper
QUOTE(crunk @ Jul 21 2013, 08:46 PM) *
So I noticed my load times have increased drastically ever since I dipped my head into Suldanesselar to grab some xp and it's just gotten progressively worse. I don't want to reload far back because the last pre-Suldanessalar titled save was outside Alhoon's sewer entrance, like 20+ days before this current set of quick/auto saves. Now each reload is like three minutes good god what the fuck? Why didn't I make a titled save outside of Suldanessalar??

Anybody else have this same problem? Next time I'm not stepping in until it's time to finish SoA, no matter how close a character is to leveling up...

Never had such problem, my loading time remains more or less the same all game long (and did IIRC years ago in older PCs)
Did you try emptying sub-directory cache/data/ in your bg2 install folder then start game anew? (this helped me once when I had crash problem when loading)
crunk
QUOTE(nicoper @ Jul 21 2013, 08:55 PM) *
QUOTE(crunk @ Jul 21 2013, 08:46 PM) *

Never had such problem, my loading time remains more or less the same all game long (and did IIRC years ago in older PCs)
Did you try emptying sub-directory cache/data/ in your bg2 install folder then start game anew? (this helped me once when I had crash problem when loading)

Yes, I emptied everything except for the one file that didn't start with AREA.

it helped somewhat but the load time still isn't comparable to my alhoon save and before that. I loaded them one by one and consistently get around 3-4 second load times.

Then my current quicksave takes like 3 minutes and the autosave before that takes around 2.5 minutes... but before I deleted all the cache area data, it would crash during loading about 30% of the time.

I was already suspicious when even one of my SAVES crashed in Suldanesselar (just north of ramilaat). I woulda just reloaded outside of sulda at that time, but my autosave had already been replaced by one of the house entrance autosaves. After I left Suldanesselar with most of it still untouched, every save afterwards has taken longer and longer and longer to load.
Sikret
You don't have a bottom-less bag of holding, do you?
TzL
Hi,

Recently I discoverd some minor bugs and I would like to ask if it's going to have some more serious consequences further into a game.

At the very beginng of the game, in dungeons, in the place right next to the room of Ilych, there were some random copies (something like "clones") of this Djini which gives you Sarevok sword.

They started a dialoge (each of them), but that dialoge didnt start the quest - I still had to travel with the bottle to the "air room".

That was kinda weird, but soon I forgot about it and play along the game.

When I arrived Umar Hills, this fat guy, mayor I think, also had a "clone" of himself, standing right next to him in his house.
The problem showed up again just next to the doors of a inn - there were random copies of the peasants (with actual nick-name, like Jeb or something).

I became to wondering, if this "cloning syndrome" is a sign of something "bigger" and if it's going to eventually crash a game in some way.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #0 // Nieskończone układanie broni, mikstur i pierścieni/amuletów w stosy
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #3 // Prawdziwe Wielkie Mistrzostwo (dodatkowe pół-ataki, itd.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #4 // Uciszenie "Przed wyruszeniem w drogę musisz zebrać drużynę"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #9 // Tabela TraK0, rzutów obronnych, wielkiego mistrzostwa i zaklęć (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #14 // Wiele twierdz (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #15 // Dodatkowi kupcy (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #6 #18 // Poprawka do dialogów Imoen w Tronie Bhaala
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil

I use polish version of easy of use components, but I choose those from the list which are suggested.

Sorry for my english wink.gif
nicoper
QUOTE(TzL @ Jul 22 2013, 09:54 PM) *
When I arrived Umar Hills, this fat guy, mayor I think, also had a "clone" of himself, standing right next to him in his house.
The problem showed up again just next to the doors of a inn - there were random copies of the peasants (with actual nick-name, like Jeb or something).

I became to wondering, if this "cloning syndrome" is a sign of something "bigger" and if it's going to eventually crash a game in some way.

Hi TzL,

I am 99% sure the cloning syndroma in Umar hill has been signalled years ago here in BWL as syndroma of a bigger mess in game. IIRC it was solved with a clean install and starting afresh (saved game is likely to be corrupted).
crunk
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jul 22 2013, 04:26 AM) *
You don't have a bottom-less bag of holding, do you?

Nope, unless you mean the bag can bug out and then start having infinite capacity (wouldn't put it past bioware, honestly). I know the pink bag ran outta space before on drow equipment, not sure about the blue one though. I didn't use the ease of use component for infinite containers if that's what you mean.

Well I looked on some other site for the load time thing, and also the frequent stuttering. Apparently there is a beta patch that fixes the load time thing, and I guess the micro-freezes are caused by having too many filled containers in my inventory. I buy every single one I find, and they're all always filled to the maximum

My older computer and laptop never had these "known issues" which makes sense I guess, since bg2/tob was made so long ago, but still...
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/bg2trouble.php#stutters

Dunno if I'm allowed to post the thread I found here, but will I be ok if I install that newer beta patch? I'm scared to do it... I'm pretty sure it's just gonna cause me headache and more reinstalls in the future and this is the only mod I play bg2 on anyways. I can't play on my old computer or laptop because I already gave those away to my cousin.

ANYWAYS, this is the section on the sorcerers SysInfo Tool page
Dramatic Increase in Loading and Saving Times

"After a certain point in your adventure though Throne of Bhaal, you may find that your saves and loads are taking much more time. This problem was identified as probably being caused by the 26498 patch and has been fixed in the Throne of Bhaal 26499 BETA Patch. Only install this patch if you are having this specific problem. For more information and to download the patch, click here."

What should I do???
critto
Beta patch is not a good idea. They call it beta for a reason wink.gif

Let's review. Right now you have a freshly installed BG2 (not the kind where you uninstalled tons of mods from a previous walkthrough and made a IA installation), with official ToB patch and baldurdash fixpack instaled? Out of mods, you only have IA, recommended stuff from Ease-of-Use and, perhaps, Dungeon-be-gone?
Sikret
Put your containers/bags on the ground and see if that will improve your save/load time or not. Normally, if your bags are not bottomless, even if they are full of items, they should not cause that sort of problems, but just to test if the containers are to blame, put them on the ground and test the save/load time.

You haven't edited your game using Shadow Keeper, have you?
crunk
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 24 2013, 04:02 AM) *
Beta patch is not a good idea. They call it beta for a reason wink.gif

Let's review. Right now you have a freshly installed BG2 (not the kind where you uninstalled tons of mods from a previous walkthrough and made a IA installation), with official ToB patch and baldurdash fixpack instaled? Out of mods, you only have IA, recommended stuff from Ease-of-Use and, perhaps, Dungeon-be-gone?

Yep. I have never played any other mod. I have played vanilla (v1.0 straight out of the box) as a kid, and then improved anvil on and off around 2008 or so.

My install is also as listed in the readme step for step, all recommended components and nothing else. When I come back to IA, I start with an uninstall + registry wipe before reinstalling everything. I am paranoid because the first time I found IA, think it was v4.2 I messed up a bunch of times. Spent like 3 hours redoing it over and over until I got it right. This time, for v6 I hadn't played the game for like 2 years in between, and at first I thought I could get away with just uninstalling IA v5 and reinstalling v6. Nope. The second I saw that Vagrant had two choices, one with perfect spelling in the description and one with a couple of words misspelled, I immediately uninstalled the whole game and cleared all registry files before reinstalling step by step.

Oh well I tried sikret's suggesting to see if dropping my bags on the ground made the load times better. I does, but only slightly. Instead of 3 minutes, I still have to wait 2.5, which is not as bad I guess... But I reloaded my Alhoon save, which has the same number of bags, with approximately the same amount of stuff in them, and the load time is still only like 8 seconds. Between Alhoon, and my current save point, the only things I did were 1. Expanded mage stronghold through pasha battle 2. rune assassins 3. theshal 4. various bard and fighter stronghold quests (killed roenall invasion and tumish guys) Also nope, no shadow keeper and no debug mode.

At this point I'm convinced it's just something in 26498 that causes the game to become corrupted after a certain point. Probably nothing to do with Improved Anvil. I did a vagrant run a few months ago on this computer and never noticed anything strange, except Tiris's mom spawned twice and the fat guy in fighter stronghold just sat there next to nalia for all eternity. Load times were always under 10 seconds for that whole playthrough.
critto
What kind of OS do you use? If it's Vista or Win7, where is your game installed?

These versions of OS have restricted access rights on everything installed into Program Files (x86) folder. They can block access to certain files in the override folder, for instance, which would lead to weird bugs.

My advice would be to install the game into a non-system directory (like C:/Games, for insance, or to a completely different logical drive, which does not serve as a primary partition and does not host the operating system itself).
crunk
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 24 2013, 06:40 AM) *
What kind of OS do you use? If it's Vista or Win7, where is your game installed?

These versions of OS have restricted access rights on everything installed into Program Files (x86) folder. They can block access to certain files in the override folder, for instance, which would lead to weird bugs.

My advice would be to install the game into a non-system directory (like C:/Games, for insance, or to a completely different logical drive, which does not serve as a primary partition and does not host the operating system itself).

My older computer, laptop (never any problems after I got the installation right) was xp and vista respectively

This computer is 7, and yeah it's installed in x86 C:
I do recall one permission request randomly being there after I exited BGII for the night... didn't think anything of it at the time... I just thought it was league of legends or starcraft2, since I usually just leave them all minimized

I'll reinstall in C: to be safe wacko.gif
That permission request musta been it. The timeframe is also about right. Thanks for the catch, I never woulda paid it any attention until you brought it up
critto
Then try to install it into a non-system folder. I have it in C:/Games on my Win7 laptop and everything works fine. There is nothing else to assume provided that you have otherwise a clean installation.
TzL
I dont know if there is some mechanic system which I dont yet recognize, or is it the bug, so I decided to post it here.

In Pirates Hideout in the docks, when I starts fight, I noticed that Pirate Coordinator (not sure of the name, I mean the mage) has among the other buffs, SI:D.
So, I started with Breach scroll to get rid of stoneskin and other protections. But then nothing happens - guy still has all of his protection, and Breach scrolls dont do anything to him.

Party is level 12-13, so the fight isn't that hard, after all you can just wait and keep your buffs up until Coordinator is done with his protecion and AI scrolls.

But my question is : is there some kind of bug, or is it just that some new uprageded enemies are just immune 2 some kind of spells? After all, Breach scroll should efect him, since he has SI:D. Same goes with Remove Magic (if successful).

Very simillar thing happened during previous fight with Menkar and Party -Amon had SI:D, still I wasn't able to breach him, nor dispell in any other way (using abjuration spells). That fight was acctualy even more weird - according 2 description, he had among others SI:D and Improved Invisibility, but I was still able to cast "normal"(non-scroll) spells on him... but debufss (scrolled breach etc.) wasn't working. Is it how it's supposed 2 be?

I don't mean that this fights are imbalanced (there are plenty of tactics which can be used 2 win those), but still I dont know if there is something wrong with my instalation, or is everything all right.

I'm little confused tongue.gif.
Sikret
It's a fix, not a bug.

Check the Fixes and Tweaks document in your Documents folder. It is attached to the Readme topic as well.

There was a bug in the vanilla game that would allow you to target partially visible/invisible creatures by scrolls of non-AoE spells (spells which normally target a single creature rather than an area). The bug is fixed in IA by making those spells ineffective on partially visible/invisible targets.

Remove magic is an AoE spell. The fix mentioned above doesn't affect Remove magic. If your caster's level is equal or higher than the enemy mage, it will have its normal chance to dispel their dispellable protections.
TzL
Oh, alright.

That's actually realy good idea. I just thought there it was deliberately invented buy BI that scrolls could be casted on invisible enemies.
Current state of affairs makes a lot more sens 2 me.
donatello
Is there anything that can be done if the apprentices fail to make the robe? Or do I have to start a new game?

Atm it feels pretty retarded that a component in a key item for a necro protagonist is based on luck...
nicoper
QUOTE(donatello @ Oct 10 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Is there anything that can be done if the apprentices fail to make the robe? Or do I have to start a new game?

Atm it feels pretty retarded that a component in a key item for a necro protagonist is based on luck...

If you have a necro protag (with 18 INT and/or WIS IIRC), you should have 100% success forging robe. In this case, if robe was not forged, I am at a loss...

With non-necro mage protag, if robe not forged, you have to start a new game.
donatello
Necro with 18 int and wis of course, still failed which imo really needs to get fixed
nicoper
QUOTE(donatello @ Oct 10 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Necro with 18 int and wis of course, still failed which imo really needs to get fixed

I am not skilled in modding at all, but I think it will help if you send your weidu log.

Side thought, did you start from a fresh install? (Ask it since bugs happened to me once or twice after uninstalling others mods... wink.gif )
Sikret
If the protagonist is a necromancer with at least 18 wisdom and is not imported from BG1, the chance to forge the robe is 100%.
donatello
Something's wrong here, then... Necro with 18 int/wis, just rolled the char as I started v6 about a week ago.

Fresh install, tho i did uninstall IA and reinstall it to add Tower of Deception (to have IA as the last installed mod)

Weidu:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Infinite Weapon, Potion Stacking (ToB)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance: PC can romance one NPC (regardless of race/gender).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Romance: PC can romance multiple NPCs concurrently, but must say the right things.
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil
~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
Sikret
The game is not recognizing your protagonist's kit as "necromancer" properly and I have no idea what may have caused this. So far, the only known scenario for this problem was if you imported your protagonist from BG1, which would cause the game to fail to detect kits properly.

What I can suggest now is to do a totally fresh install (not just the mods, the entire game) and then start a new game without "The Four" and "Tower of Deception" mods to see if the problem will be reproduced in a pure IA installation or not.

One more question: All apprenti were alive when you asked them to forge the robe? You should have given them the easiest mission for their first job. That's also a requirement.
donatello
Reinstalled now, just started a new game with a freshly rolled necromancer as well. I'll let you know in a few hours wether it worked or not smile.gif

All apprentices were alive of course, after crafting the dagger and scribing chain lighting.
donatello
Right, I've played through the planar sphere and the apprentices two more times now, fresh install (game and everything) according to installation guide with no extra mods except dungeon-be-gone. Both times the result of the craft ends up as a failure. I have seriously no idea why it fails, never experienced fails in crafting the robe till I installed v6.

Is there any way I can import the robe, or will some anti cheat script ruin my game? Kinda tired of playing chapter two and three now...
critto
I've sent you a PM with my email address, can you forward me a save of your game, I'll take a look at it.
donatello
Thanks Critto, sent you a save game where I've just ordered the dagger. I'm hoping that there's some easy explanation, but I just can't see that I've done anything differently now from my previous games before v6. Let me know if you want one where I havent entered the sphere after Lavok's death, but then I'll need a few hours to play through the sphere again.

Just one quick thought tho, Sikret: have you changed the conditions of success for the crafting to check for party leader at time of crafting? Cause that was probably r/c and not necro, but if I remember correctly the craft gets determined at the start of the game. Might be mistaken here...
critto
Just one quick thought tho, Sikret: have you changed the conditions of success for the crafting to check for party leader at time of crafting? Cause that was probably r/c and not necro, but if I remember correctly the craft gets determined at the start of the game. Might be mistaken here...

IIRC, it doesn't matter. Even if you moved r/c to the first position in the party, the Player1 ID is assigned internally on creation to your actual protagonist, i.e. necromancer, so it is he who is checked when we determine the probability. I'll take a look at the save anyway and see if I can figure something out.
donatello
On a side note: I assume all the "good aligned necromancer" specific quests aren't gonna be accesible since my apprentices fail to make the robe? So even if I decide to continue I won't see any new content with a necromancer protagonist, since the game doesn't acknowledge his kit/class/stats/anything?
Sikret
Give time to Critto to check your saved game. You may also want to send him a saved game before entering the sphere for the first time. In worst case, even if we don't figure out the cause of your problem, we can manually fix your saved game and send it back.
critto
Sorry for the delay, I was out of town for a few days. I'll check your savegame file out tomorrow and give a definitive answer.
critto
So, I inspected the saves. Apparently, it appears to be the same problem Vuki had, Sikret. There is no scripting state assigned to the character. I think this calls for a further investigation.

Meanwhile, donatello, here's a solution you can use. Attached is the patch.

Extract the zip-file and copy folder ImprovedAnvil into your BG2 dir. Now, uninstall the mod, open the Setup-ImprovedAnvil.tp2 file in a text editor and go to the very end of the file. Before the last command ("AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ...") insert the code from the archive (a file named append-to-tp2.txt). Now you can install the mod again. If there are any errors, let me know here. If the installation was successful, we can continue.

Load up a save before the Planar Sphere (or before forging the robe). Be sure that this is really the first entrance to the sphere. Head to Copper Coronet with your party. Fire up the console and enter the following:

CODE
CLUAConsole::CreateCreature("S!testal")

A human mage should appear, cast a Death Ward spell on the protagonist (there won't be a casting animation, it's not a bug) and disappear again.

If this happened, let's do some tests. Try the following commands in the console:
CODE
CLUAConsole::GetGlobal("Iacastspell","AR0406")
CLUAConsole::GetGlobal("Ianecro","AR0406")

Both variables should report a value of 1. Let me know how it goes. If it's okay, you can play through the sphere, but make a save before killing Lavok, just in case.

[attachment=4089:necromancer_patch.zip]
Sikret
Thanks Critto!

It's Strange! This is actually the first time we encounter this sort of problem for a protagonist that is not imported from Bg1.
donatello
Thanks for the help, I'll try it out when I get home tomorrow smile.gif Hopefully we can find out exactly what causes it
Hideous the Wu Jen
I seem to remember always having 1 scroll of vocalize early on. Well I think I screwed up and used it to memorize the spell. Why, I don't know. sad.gif

Anyway, can someone spoil me as to the location of any others. I'm currently at a point in the game where I still need to do the Black Dragon, Shade Lord, Samia's Party, Undead screaming statue and then leave for Spellhold. I haven't reloaded yet so I need to upgrade the Amulet of Power to keep this thing going as long as I can. smile.gif

EDIT - Nevermind, found one on a big ugly beast!
lambada
Hi all and happy holidays! I would ask some questions
- Is this mod still being developed
- how come some of new mod features like tobex and spell shield fix are not implemented - and if they will be for v7, if it's being developed

Havin just finished v6 for the first time, some news on next version would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sikret
The work is in progress yes. Spell shield fix is implemented long ago and exists in v6. Not sure what tobex refers to.

News on v7 is that a large portion of Extended Druid Stronghold is implemented so far.
crunk
old player here, with a new computer, windows 8.

I just installed the game correctly, figured it all out step by step a long time ago. I think my main problems are coming from windows 8 and new computer.

I rolled my 6 characters in multiplayer. The game saves and loads just fine, and all my characters I've exported successfully. Everything shows up fine in game. But when I go into the directory in programfilesx86, the character and mpsave/save files do not show up. Where did they go? This is in non-administrator load up.

When I run my bg2 as administrator it loads a whole new bg2, with fresh initial config prompt and everything. If I play this "run as administrator" version, my saves and character files do not show up in game. Keep in mind, those files will show up in game when I run bg2 as non-administrator though...

1. I understand the game can sometimes mess up when the game is run on non-administrator, so I would like to restart my game in administrator version, but not have to reroll my characters again. Where are the character/save files located for non-administrator version so I can just copy them over?

OR

2. Is there a way to just change the non-administrator version to administrator equivalent so that there will be no problems with my playthrough?

I remember there might be some problems with non-administrator because it blocks some needed files... I wanna fix it before I get too far into my playthrough.

EDIT: ok nevermind I found the non-adminstrator version files. They went in "compatibility files" hidden section at the top biggrin.gif

So my revised question: Just for clarification, I should always play "run as administrator" to prevent windows from blocking Improved Anvil files, and I will be safe from unforseen bugs tens of hours into my playthrough right? I am scared to start a new game. I have had bad experiences with my windows blocking stuff and then some IA function doesn't work properly 20-30 hours into the playthrough...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.