Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
pekkae
So found the Diviner & met with "Auriel" (<= or what's her name).

How is the "good, bad & ugly" supposed to continue? I mean I went through Sewers (below Temple District as I was told) + every single sub area but I can't find a thing.

I'm I doing something wrong?

I don't have anything to do anymore, besides the ranger quests & then I'll move to Suldanessar & ToB, that's why the question(s) smile.gif.

Thanks in advance!
critto
How is the "good, bad & ugly" supposed to continue? I mean I went through Sewers (below Temple District as I was told) + every single sub area but I can't find a thing.

SPOILER!
go to the area in the sewers where Mekrath, or whatshisname, was. There's another staircase that should lead you to your destination
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 2 2021, 05:14 AM) *

SPOILER!
go to the area in the sewers where Mekrath, or whatshisname, was. There's another staircase that should lead you to your destination

Thanks! I tried that, but it says I don't have the required wardstone to enter.

I can't locate the wardstone from the items, if it is indeed an actual item that is required to activate the staircase.
critto
Thanks! I tried that, but it says I don't have the required wardstone to enter.

Which one exactly did you try?

There's a stair in the northern room and then there is another stair right above the entrance to the area (central staircase near the room with the bookshelves).
pekkae
Thanks!

I got the GBU now & finished it.

Now there's only this one left: "The Ancient Secret of Suldanesselar" -> could someone point me to how to start this?

I haven't started Suldanessar yet, is it there?

Thanks in advance!

critto
I haven't started Suldanessar yet, is it there?

Yes, but I think it is initiated in Umar Hills as well (might be wrong).
pekkae
is there any way to check this?

I'm heading to Suldanessar next, that's why the question (I don't have anything else to do)

I tried resting at the cabin for 2 weeks game time or so, and outside the cabin but I don't get anything in the cabin.
critto
I think that's it for the cabin, the quest starts in Suldanesselar.
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 8 2021, 06:42 PM) *
I think that's it for the cabin, the quest starts in Suldanesselar.

Ok thanks a lot!
pekkae
Hey!

Sorry to keep getting back to this but I didn't find anything for the "ancient secret of suldanessar" in Suldanessar? (I've played it through and now there's only Irenicus left).

I don't think the whole quest is triggered for me, where is it supposed to start?

Thanks again!
critto
SPOILER!
I think it is actually somewhere around the tree of life area (ar2806), should be a transition to a new area.
SparrowJacek
And if I remember correctly you need to have Ruby of the gods (or whatever it's called) in your equipment.
SparrowJacek
Not sure about the order of events, but you need to visit 2 places, 1 is a small house in 1st part of the elven city (bottom left I think) and the other is a little area on the tree where you fight Irenicus. It's in upper right corner and the entrance looks like unfinished stairs. There you meet a squirrel or some other animal. It's been a few years, so something might be slightly different, but I'm sure that those areas were involved.
pekkae
QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 12 2021, 09:00 AM) *
Not sure about the order of events, but you need to visit 2 places, 1 is a small house in 1st part of the elven city (bottom left I think) and the other is a little area on the tree where you fight Irenicus. It's in upper right corner and the entrance looks like unfinished stairs. There you meet a squirrel or some other animal. It's been a few years, so something might be slightly different, but I'm sure that those areas were involved.

Hey! Thanks a lot! i actually managed to decrypt this on my own.

SPOILER!

The correct order of events

1. You need the Ruby of the Gods to enter the stairs at the tree of life
2. Meet Favored Swanmay, who gives you the mirror
3. The mirror opens up the sealed house in Suldanessar, go there
4. Talk with lord Wetlander, who tells you you should find the Ruby of the Gods again
5. Go back to tree of life
6. Pick of nuts from the stairs (there's a container) of "tree of life" area, that lead to Suldanessar
7. Go back to area where the favored swanmay was
8. Talk to the Squirrel that appeared, you need to have the nuts in your inventory, otherwise it will just disappear

pekkae
Pennyroyal oil

SPOILER!

Go to Bridge District, it's with a merchant near the derelict house. She however, doesn't always appear so you might have to sleep somewhere or wait for some time.

pekkae
Killed the vipers, got back the ruby of gods. But now what?

No lord wetlander, no squirrels fo hints. Just 3 mirrors I'm supposed to find that can be anywhere?

( I tried searching Suldanessar, but nothing )

SparrowJacek
Isn't it that you have to click on the mirror in the Vagrant's house? IIRC it should provide you with some choices of where to go.

Also I checked the forums and you'll need to find a way to breathe underwater, the only hint for that was "Go find a way to breath underwater in temple ruins"
pekkae
Thank you.

I'm positive, I would have never figured this out by myself. (I think the dialogue says lord wetlander broke the mirror).

Now I can move forward! Thanks for the "temple ruins" - tip, the actual dialogue doesn't say anything about that.
SparrowJacek
Yeah, this quest is actually pretty bad. I don't like the plot (swanmay allergy, lol), enemies are hard, but don't give exp and you really need some hints to proceed.

Let me know if you figure out how to breathe underwater please.
pekkae
Hey! Thanks a lot!

Well, went to temple ruins. I think there's an object in the pedastal (where before you could use the magical pull to get an object (was it 48 sided garnet / ruby of gods I can't remember)) but I'm not sure how to get it out.

What do I need to do?
SparrowJacek
I don't remember and sadly I have no idea how to check it in game files, we'll have to wait for Critto.
SparrowJacek
Ok, it was not pleasant, but I used NI to find references to "Ancient holy water".

You need to have "Old stone" given by some squirrel most probably (IASQUI04). Then you need to visit Kuo toa dungeon in Underdark. There you should be able to click on a pond, which will give you "magical pull". With that item you can finally go to Temple Ruins. But be prepared for some fights along the way. I hope you already have this "Old stone" biggrin.gif
pekkae
QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 13 2021, 01:33 PM) *
Ok, it was not pleasant, but I used NI to find references to "Ancient holy water".

You need to have "Old stone" given by some squirrel most probably (IASQUI04). Then you need to visit Kuo toa dungeon in Underdark. There you should be able to click on a pond, which will give you "magical pull". With that item you can finally go to Temple Ruins. But be prepared for some fights along the way. I hope you already have this "Old stone" biggrin.gif

^

Thanks! But.

That's a part of the "squirreled away quest", I have the "magical pull" in my inventory already smile.gif. The magical pull is indeed used to pull an item out of the pedastal (wither the 48-sided garnet or ruby of gods, I can't remember which). It just that it looks like there's another object in the pedastal, but I can't get it out.

I tried searching the items database, but I didn't find any clues for this.
SparrowJacek
lul... sorry I took a look at wrong code lines biggrin.gif

There is something that can be clicked on in Shadow Temple and here's the code for it:

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
Range(LastTrigger,10)
Global("Clicked","AR1401",2) // Shadow Temple
GlobalGT("Iaoldsquijob","GLOBAL",3)
GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
!Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)
Kit(Player1,VAGRANT)
Global("Iaancholwat","GLOBAL",3)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Iaancholwat","GLOBAL",4)
GiveItemCreate("S!misc59",[PC],0,0,0) // Ancient Holy Water
AddexperienceParty(15500)
END

So it looks like you have to be at a certain point in 2 quests, probably the main mirror quest and Squirreled Away (Iaancholwat and Iaoldsquijob). No other item is needed. Can you check the values of those 2 variables? And what text appears when you try to click on that object in Shadow Temple? Is it "You faintly feel that one other object may still be implanted deep into the pedestal, but you are not certain and the impession passes quickly."?
pekkae
C:GetGlobal("Iaoldsquijob","GLOBAL") returns "4"

C:GetGlobal("Iaancholwat","GLOBAL") returns "does not exist"

Is it "You faintly feel that one other object may still be implanted deep into the pedestal, but you are not certain and the impession passes quickly."?

Yes, exactly.
SparrowJacek
Is there a pond somewhere? Maybe in Vagrant's house? You first need to have a certain dialogue, which will tell you to search for Ancient Holy Water. This dialogue ("We need to find a way to breathe underwater") should initialize this variable if I understand it correctly. And then you should be able to activate proper scripts in Shadow Temple.
pekkae
QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 13 2021, 03:17 PM) *
Is there a pond somewhere? Maybe in Vagrant's house? You first need to have a certain dialogue, which will tell you to search for Ancient Holy Water. This dialogue ("We need to find a way to breathe underwater") should initialize this variable if I understand it correctly. And then you should be able to activate proper scripts in Shadow Temple.

This works!

SPOILER!
The correct sequence is:

(it might be required for you to defeat the anti-ranger before this)

1. Use the mirror and choose "we want to find the Blazing Mirror". it responds with "you have to find a way to breath underwater"
2. go to the pool in the Vagrant's house & and you have the option "we need to find way to breath underwater", finish dialogue
3. Go to temple ruins and enter the temple
4. Go to the pedastal, where you found "ruby of the gods" and you can activate it. Prepare to be attacked.
5. Defeat monster and pick up elven holy water

SparrowJacek
Awesome biggrin.gif
critto
pekkae, are you feeling like writing a short step-by-step guide (go there, do this) for all three quests? :-)
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 13 2021, 07:34 PM) *
pekkae, are you feeling like writing a short step-by-step guide (go there, do this) for all three quests? :-)

Im fairly sure I can put that together smile.gif.

(I'm unsure whether I have saved games to re-track all if the necessary steps, if I do I'll post a step-by-step guide)
Azoth
Hi critto,

again a question/request:
I find it hard to use the Hand of Undoing spell effectively in combot with my Necro. Mainly because of the casting time of 7 (-5 if bonus to spell casting maxed) and elemental damage of certain golem types.
Why not let it damage Ultras and GEGs for all the effort needed to use it in combat?

Maybe i'm missing a strategy how to use that spell properly. If yes, please help me out.
bulian
Besides ray of fragmentation, most of those spells have very niche uses, and I have rarely used them. Your suggestion makes sense, but How much damage could theoretically be done in a single round or alacrity casting under that scenario? Probably much less than a CSing dual wielder, but those generally can’t be completely immune under PFMW.

My concern would be obviating the enemy with too much machine gunning. For example, all of the mobs in WK2 chromatic demon fight can be taken out by a sorcerer/necromancer in a single round from afar before even engaging the demon. The same is true with the demilich in WK4. Two of the three guards in Ancient Dragon encounter are the same.
Azoth
Fights in which only Coin, Gem, Amber and Elemental Golems are involved wouldn't be affected by the change.
And it's not going to be easy to machine gun the Hand of Undoing touch with a spell casting time of 2 in fights where GEGs, Ultras and Amber Golems are involved.
critto
Sorry, it's been ages since I've tested those spells myself, hard to propose a good strategy without doing some play testing. Considering how OP Necromancer is, I'm inclined to think that making this spell stronger isn't necessarily a good idea.

IIRC, both spells were originally intended to give players an instrument to effectively control populations of lesser golems when fighting the scary ones. I suppose it does a decent job of that.
pekkae
Hey!

I started another run since I love to tweak party composition and I didn't really like Vagrant that much. (This is probably going to be the final run)

Anyway, I went to Spellhold but it's a lot harder this time around - there was an elemental golem in the room where you get the doomplate. The area with the Tome has an unending parade of Asylum Scouts / Skeleton Lords / Spiders, that randomly appear in (every) fight that I've done in the area.

I reached spellhold with about 2,28MExp so I shouldn't be with the "harder spellhold". I'm just about 100k of exp more than on my last run. The fight with the Amber Golem's is very hard, been without extra scouts & skeleton lords.

What's going on?
critto
I reached spellhold with about 2,28MExp so I shouldn't be with the "harder spellhold". I'm just about 100k of exp more than on my last run. The fight with the Amber Golem's is very hard, been without extra scouts & skeleton lords.

The improved dungeon triggers if your protagonist has more than 2349999 XP upon entering spellhold dungeon level 1. You can disable the tougher version with the console command C:SetGlobal("Iapctoohigh","GLOBAL",0)
pekkae
Thanks a lot! Will try this if this continues being problematic.
Azoth
During the fight against the Drowned Soul and all the Mirrored Spiders, i was trying to find out what could protect against the Wing Buffet.
My conclusion was that no spell or potion will help and only the Dragon Lord +5 is protecting against it. Is this correct?

At some moment in time (Vanilla or EE?) Spell Shield was protecting against Wing Buffet, but not in IA 6.52. Somehow this was leading to the question:
What are the use cases for Spell Shield? When do you prefer to use it instead of Spell Immunity: Abjuration?
I mean, it's a hard to find scroll in IA and i was expecting some benefits but fail to see it.
lroumen
Protection from Ruby Ray?
crharve1
Weird question.

I recently finished SOA and went to TOB. After the first fight, following any interaction with Saverok, the Green Leaves Armor disappears from my party. My party has 3 vagrants (non-PC) 1 Necromancer, an Aura, and a Cleric of Lathander. I fought the Illasera battle twice to see if it occurred during the battle ( it did not). I also tried shadowkeeping it back in, but it keeps disappearing from the character.
Is this a known bug? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks for any help. It's the original 6.0 (non-enhanced game version).

Azoth
QUOTE(lroumen @ Jul 1 2021, 05:30 PM) *
Protection from Ruby Ray?

What usually counts is the number of RRoRs until your mage is Breach-able. Is the AI treating these two buffs somehow different?
Spell Turning + GOI + SI:Abj
Spell Turning + GOI + Spell Shield
I guess both will be taken down by 3 RRoRs followed by Breach.

//edit 2
Considering Remove Magic, the buff without SI:Abj can be taken down completely with one spell.

//edit 1
Descriptions out of the game:
Spell Shield:
When this spell is cast the wizard is protected from the next magical attack against him. The spells that this protects the wizard from are: Spell Thrust, Secret Word, Breach, Lower Resistance, Pierce Magic, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Warding Whip and Pierce Shield (but not Spellstrike). If one of these spells is cast at the wizard this spell activates and absorbs the attack. However, this only works once as this spell is consumed in the process. Otherwise, it will last for the duration. This spell and Spell Immunity: Abjuration are mutually inconsistent with each other and can't both be active on a character. Moreover, Spell Shield can't be cast more frequently than once every 2 turns (unless it is removed by the spellstrike spell).

RRoR:
When this spell is cast on the target creature it will dispel one spell protection of any level. The spells that are affected by this are: Minor Globe Of Invulnerability, Spell Immunity, Globe Of Invulnerability, Spell Turning and Spell Shield. The target's magic resistance, if any, does not affect this spell. This will always dispel the highest level of spell protection on the target, and if there are two protecting a mage that are the same level the choice is random.
critto

Interesting, this looks like a bug of the original 6.0. The condition for having the armor appear is less restrictive than the subsequent protection that takes it away in pocket plane. I can tell you how to fix it if you are comfortable with editing a script file.
pekkae
What are the possible locations for Rod Of Smiting?

I can't seem to find it, I'm almost through SoA atm on my latest run.

SPOILER!

(Randomizer has it at location "5", I though it was the Illithid Compound but it wasn't there)

Azoth
Are you sure that you dont have it already?
SPOILER!
If Iarodsmiteplace = 5, then it might have been created directly in your inventory.
Lavok, Master Brain and Conster are possible locations, maybe more...
critto
If the value is at 5 then the rod was created on one of the three enemies Azoth has mentioned in the previous post. Try to check the locations, maybe you've missed it. If not, it should be safe to CLUA in the rod at this point.
pekkae
Thanks a lot to both of you! Will check!
crharve1
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 2 2021, 05:35 AM) *

Interesting, this looks like a bug of the original 6.0. The condition for having the armor appear is less restrictive than the subsequent protection that takes it away in pocket plane. I can tell you how to fix it if you are comfortable with editing a script file.

I have never tried but sure.

Another issue I have is the Sphere mechanism after I defeat the Lesser Evil won't initiate. If i am far away it recognizes that I am not close enough, but when I am close it won't initiate. It initiates on a prior save before fighting the Lesser Evil. Is there a code to allow it to initiate?

critto
Open up ImprovedAnvil/BAF/AR4500.baf, find the following block of code and remove it. Save the file and reinstall the mod.

CODE
IF
  Global("Iaepicbattle","AR4500",0)
  OR(2)
   GlobalLT("Ialeat04place","GLOBAL",3)
   !Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
  PartyHasItem("S!leat04")
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TakePartyItem("S!leat04")
    DestroyItem("S!leat04")
END

Another issue I have is the Sphere mechanism after I defeat the Lesser Evil won't initiate. If i am far away it recognizes that I am not close enough, but when I am close it won't initiate. It initiates on a prior save before fighting the Lesser Evil. Is there a code to allow it to initiate?

In what area does the fight happen?
crharve1
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 15 2021, 03:12 AM) *
Open up ImprovedAnvil/BAF/AR4500.baf, find the following block of code and remove it. Save the file and reinstall the mod.

CODE
IF
  Global("Iaepicbattle","AR4500",0)
  OR(2)
   GlobalLT("Ialeat04place","GLOBAL",3)
   !Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
  PartyHasItem("S!leat04")
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    TakePartyItem("S!leat04")
    DestroyItem("S!leat04")
END

In what area does the fight happen?

Thanks, it worked.

The Fight occurs in the demonplane. The device is located in the room near the furnaces which requires all the keys to activate the time machine. The time machine is unresponsive after eliminating the Lesser force and going back into the sphere.
critto
Is that the fight where you get a few waves of enemies (skeleton lords, balors, etc.)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.