Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
lappen
@critto

i guess next event should be the guy who steals in the castle
lappen
Hey guys, i have 2 questions.

How do i get the last vagrant quest started ?

and why cant my chaotic good vagrant wield the judgement day ? is this a new bug ?
critto
and why cant my chaotic good vagrant wield the judgement day ? is this a new bug ?
Grab the bleeding edge version from github, it's fixed there.

i guess next event should be the guy who steals in the castle

Did you manage to activate it?

How do i get the last vagrant quest started ?

In suldanesselar
SparrowJacek
Iappen iirc you have to enter the tree area in elven city(that part with irenicus and parasites) and if you have Ruby of the gods with you, then you can enter a small area there where you can talk to a squirrel or some other small animal.
lappen
Thank u guy. shit i sold the ruby sad.gif((( very expensive buyback
lappen
Hey guys im playing the last vagrant quest for the first time.

i talked to the squirrel. it told me the story with the serpents. on which merchant do i get the pennyroyal ? i seached every merchant in the game sad.gif(
SparrowJacek
Sorry for late response.

The merchant is either in bridge district or on vaukeen promenade. I am almost certain it's the guy that was involved in Tanner's quest though, or it could be a woman in western part of bridge district.
lappen
thx smile.gif
crharve1
HI I am playing 6.0. For some reason I can't forge the Ice club even though I have all the ingredients.

I also have an issue where I still have Valgyar's body even though it should have disappeared once I started the Sphere quest.

I have other parties in the game at the same point who have no issue.

Any ideas?

critto
6.0 the original you mean, not the EE edition? What's your game, version and weidu log?
lroumen
I saw something that was most likely overlooked in the past when the no-stealing from shops was implemented. I am not sure whether blocking stealing from shops is still a policy, but here is my finding.

In the Gate District there is an encounter between Hanj (Shadow Thief) and a Merchant. You can side with the merchant who will then allow you access to his inventory as a single occurence after which he leaves. You can use thieving to steal from him.

Btw, don't expect huge benefits from him
Ralmevic
I am not sure where to post this, but I've found an infinite xp loop. It's in Rasaad's quest, you can spawn shadows indefinitely in one of the rooms.
critto
Thanks for the feedback, but these are inconsequential at this stage, I'd say. I never understood the point of these anyway when there's console readily available.
lroumen
It was introduced for internal mod balance is my guess.
New content is more interesting in the end.
crharve1
Started a non-enhanced 6.0 game with an all-elf party. Have had two issues. Waited more than a week and Bodhi doesn't show up in cemetery. Is this normal? Also during the slums slave break, the group of guards doesn't appear after being confronted by the first guard.

critto
You mean the original IA? What's your setup and weidu log?
lroumen
Hi Critto.

I was trying to get inspiration from the swashbuckler changes by IA to come up with a kit for bards and maybe patch the new swashbuckler kit into both hexxats. However, when I look at the master branch and check the tp2, all tph files and 2da, I do not find where the swashbuckler files are installed. I only see the IA kits, not the changes to the main kits.
Am I perhaps looking in the wrong spot?
critto
Hi Iroumen.

Let me try to remember this. If you're interested in how the kits themselves are patched I'm pretty sure it's all in here: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...ib/core/2da.tph in IE, every default kit and class has numerous 2DA (stands for 2-dimensional array, I believe) tables that set up things like xp per level progression, specific spells assigned to kit at specific levels, etc. (in IE, every ability, not only the real spells as in Magic Missile etc., is usually implemented via a mixture of spells and their underlying effects). So, in the aforementioned file we copy some customized 2da tables to override the default ones for many kits.

As for how to assign it to Hexxat, as the starting point, you may look at how new custom kits are assigned to existing NPCs, like Mazzy (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/blob/master/ImprovedAnvil/lib/kits/arvoreen.tph) or Valygar (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/blob/master/ImprovedAnvil/lib/kits/protector.tph) or Cernd (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/blob/master/ImprovedAnvil/lib/kits/auramaster.tph). I don't remember off-hand why exactly the sequence is like that, according to the reference (https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/file_formats/ie_formats/cre_v1.htm) kit information is a 4-byte value which is patched as one 2-byte zero at 0x244 followed by kit ID bytes and 40 patched in afterwards at 0x246 and 0x247, respectively. But I believe this should function for hexxat with Swashbuckler dropped in.
lroumen
Thanks, that helps. I expected a separate section for each kit adjustment such that they would sort of be a subsection which is then a start to making it optional. I see now that the spells and clab/lu files are done in their respective tph files. I totally overlooked that.

As I understand it, 0x244 0 and 0x247 0x40 (or just 40) are to change the kit, while 0x246 kitid would be the kit to change it into. 12 for swashbuckler, and %mykit% for user created because you cannot know the number in advance.
I will try this out. I see for all npcs there are several creature files that I need to patch.
critto
Yeah. It might be more complicated for Hexxat due to her weird vampire mechanics and tons of messy scripts. I've never studied how exactly she works, hopefully, there won't be too many consequences to simply changing her kit like that.
crharve1
My Weidu is
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil

There only seems to be an issue with my all elf party.

critto
What do you mean all-elf? Just 6 custom chars created in multi-player and transferred to single player? Just to make sure, you're doing it old-school and playing BG2:ToB, not BG2:EE? If so, did you install the necessary patches (the official one and the one from baldurdash)?
crharve1
QUOTE(critto @ Apr 14 2020, 03:28 AM) *
What do you mean all-elf? Just 6 custom chars created in multi-player and transferred to single player? Just to make sure, you're doing it old-school and playing BG2:ToB, not BG2:EE? If so, did you install the necessary patches (the official one and the one from baldurdash)?

6 custom chars who just happen to be elves. Yes, transferred from multi- to single player. Old school and both patches are installed.
critto
Oh man. If only I remembered anything about this at all smile.gif Did you wait for the item randomizer stuff to do its thing and show the label in the first dungeon? No errors or warnings of any kind during installation, I presume?

About those elves, do they by any chance share similar characteristics such as class/combination of classes, gender, alignment? A couple of years ago I've found a curious bug in multi-player code, it was related to scripts that track characters' spell-casting rounds (https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/28032-a-possible-spellcast-bug). There weren't any specific conclusions except for the fact that something weird happens and probably related to the multi-player codebase. My only assumption at this point is that something might misfire in those scripts in a similarly weird fashion which I am not sure how to debug. Especially if you say that in your less look-alike party game everything is fine.
crharve1
No worries. It's not game breaking at this point. I have a 3 arcane spell casters in the group 2 of whom are similar (a sorceror and Diviner).

I'll mention if anything extra weird happens. thumb.gif
Ralmevic
Hi. Are there still two caps for improved spellhold or only the one?
critto
What do you mean by two exactly? There are two versions: normal and hardened. The latter triggers by reaching either an XP or a level breakpoint. Nothing has changed here compared to the classic IA.
Ralmevic
Ok thanks. I seem to remember an even harder spellhold once you reached a second cap. One more thing, what are the conditions for "The mystery of the Shimmering Light" to start?
critto
Is that the ranger one? I think you need to be post-Underdark and finish the vanilla stronghold quests.
Ralmevic
One more thing, do the stairs in Mekrath's lair eventuallly lead somewhere? Also, was he necessary for something later or should i just kill him?
critto
They do eventually, in one of the quests. Mekrath himself is not involved in any IA plots.
Ralmevic
Hey, why do the golems by the portal room in spellhold not give any experience or drop loot? Is this supposed to happen?

Edit- apparently that happened in the old BG2 as well as I now tested. I probably have too much xp I guess ?
critto
Maybe this was just overlooked. I doubt that it is intentional.
blackrazor
A question

who can use Judgement Day +5 or The Truth +5?

In my game , no body can use then.

Minsc,Rassad,Mazzy,Valygar,Kaldorn, they can not use.

Is it a bug?

Can be fix?
critto
Hi, blackrazor!

Which version of the mod do you use?
blackrazor
the version is 6.4
critto
I see. Both these issues were fixed shortly after the release. To avoid having you update the whole mod to a newer release mid-game, we'll just update these specific items.

Grab the itm files for The Truth and Judgment Day. Put them both into your override folder and let me know if it helps.
blackrazor
OK ,it fix the bug
thank you~~
laugh.gifI can enjoy my game.
critto
Great, have fun!
Azoth
A quick question:
Are +4 weapons needed in <2.35M XP spellhold? I would prefer not to forge Phosphorus pre spellhold.
critto
I don't think so, but not sure about Underdark. Hopefully, somebody else chimes in with more practical advice.
nicoper
QUOTE(Azoth @ Aug 7 2020, 07:29 AM) *
A quick question:
Are +4 weapons needed in <2.35M XP spellhold? I would prefer not to forge Phosphorus pre spellhold.

No they are not, you can finish chapter 5 (and start chapter 6) without mandatory need of +4 weapons.
Azoth
Thanks critto&nicoper.

Another small one:
I think "Simplified economy" is replacing the Scimitar +1 during Hexxat's request quest in the container (x/y=911/325) in the Tomb of the Unproved (OH7200).
This scimitar is used as a trigger to animate the warrior statues a bit further down. These statues are optional encounters, but to let you know...
critto
OK, thanks, I'll make sure it is preserved.
Azoth
The scimitar is "ohhscim". Maybe you also want to have a look at the loot of the 4 warrior statues - they drop 4x2195gp, which is a bit excessive.
critto
The scimitar is "ohhscim". Maybe you also want to have a look at the loot of the 4 warrior statues - they drop 4x2195gp, which is a bit excessive.

Thanks, I'll check. However, the price is calculated based on the cost of items based on standard vendor's rate.
lroumen
How does that option work concerning reaction/reputation adjustments? I am assuming modifier of zero so selling by yourself could be more beneficial or is it max modifier, so you always get the best sell
critto
Well, it's not the best sell, but the rates of stores are standardized across the game. So the common rate is taken as the basis for calculations. The only issue that was dropped for simplicity, and therefore provides a slight benefit, is that of depreciation. It is not an efficient mechanism resulting in players spending extra time to stockpile items to be sold en masse later on, which only adds to the total discomfort.
lroumen
That makes sense. Thanks, that is clear to me
zxcvbnm
Suprised nobody mentioned how the simplified economy breaks scripts as it removes some potions from enemies. Golems and Giths idling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.