Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unfixed bugs of vanilla game
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Sikret
Iroumen,

I moved your post to this thread because it has nothing to do with IA for sure. I don't know if it's even a vanilla game issue or not (as I never play the alloy path myself). Others may have some more information about the case.
lroumen
It's not a Vanilla bug since I always take this route and use the Illithium to upgrade the Mace of Disruption at Cromwell (it's a Vanilla upgrade). It could be related to one of the other mods, but they don't alter these Cleric quests either so I'm a bit at a loss. Any of the installed mods and components could be the culprit.

I can try to rule out IA with the following method. I have a savegame from before the acceptance of the quest (and before entering the Temple altogether):

1. I will rerun the quest and hand over the illithium to Sir Sarles.
2. I will rerun the quest and hand over the alloy to Sir Sarles.
3. I will rerun the quest with both paths and hand over the illithium to sir Sarles.
4. I will rerun the quest with both paths and hand over the alloy to sir Sarles.

I can try to uninstall IA and do the same 4 tests to see if the problem persists.

If I can play on after having given the Illithium, then I guess I will since it's not required for any IA upgrade.

I'm still curious as to why the quest suddenly fails. I'll report back sometime this week.
Spike
I did the quest in the same order as you and everything was fine.

Here are the components which are not in my install. Maybe it helps.
Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
Female Edwina
Romance: PC can romance one NPC (regardless of race/gender).
Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
Underrepresented Items From Icewind Dale 2
lroumen
Concerning the Sir Sarles Quest.

I was able to complete the quest by handing in the Illithium but I was unable to complete it if I made the alloy. I think there is something with the global variable that isn't properly set when Sir Sarles goes mad. Since Spike noted that in his IA installation everything went fine I can only attribute it to one of the abovementioned modcomponents but so far I have been unable to pinpoint the culprit.
leonidas
Just noticed you don't actually need the rogue stone from koshi to enter the twisted rune (you get the "rogue stone has disappeared dialogue and everything").

It's inconsequential ofc, because it would be ridiculous to attempt the twisted rune before the slaver compound.

But, a bug's a bug.
aVENGER
QUOTE(leonidas @ Dec 24 2007, 09:35 AM) *
Just noticed you don't actually need the rogue stone from koshi to enter the twisted rune (you get the "rogue stone has disappeared dialogue and everything").

It's inconsequential ofc, because it would be ridiculous to attempt the twisted rune before the slaver compound.

But, a bug's a bug.

You can use any Rogue Stone to access the Twisted Rune chamber, not merely the one from the Guarded Compound. Is it possible that you had one inside a gem bag before you entered?
LZJ
I spotted a possible script bug.

In TOB, in the house next to Marlowe, there are two adventurers/people who keep casting Hold Person spells. Can anyone confirm this?

Note: I had not installed Sikret's fix for the Vigil Knights bug, so I'm not sure if that would fix this as well.
Sikret
@LZJ

heh, you keep editing your posts too fast smile.gif .

The post was originally a bug report about Cernd. You didn't need to erase it, LZJ! The bug indeed exists, but it is a vanilla game bug. will fix it.

The fact that the bug didn't happen in your second test might have been for some other reason (for example, Cernd might have been run out of those spells).

QUOTE(LZJ @ Dec 25 2007, 02:46 PM) *
I spotted a possible script bug.

In TOB, in the house next to Marlowe, there are two adventurers/people who keep casting Hold Person spells. Can anyone confirm this?

Note: I had not installed Sikret's fix for the Vigil Knights bug, so I'm not sure if that would fix this as well.

Please do install the fix for Vigil Knights and test these two adventurers again. It's probable that it will fix this issue as well.
Sikret
Well, Cernd's script (only when he is not in party and is just waiting somewhere) had several bugs in the vanilla game. I fixed it completely. Thanks, LZJ!
LZJ
@Sikret

Heh, I wasn't sure if Cernd's script was a bug, and I didn't want to embarass myself by posting it without more testing. smile.gif

My report on the TOB issue involving the two adventurers next to Marlowe's house casting Hold Persons: the fix for the Vigil Knights solves this problem as well. I don't think any additional fix is necessary.
leonidas
QUOTE(aVENGER @ Dec 24 2007, 01:18 PM) *
You can use any Rogue Stone to access the Twisted Rune chamber, not merely the one from the Guarded Compound. Is it possible that you had one inside a gem bag before you entered?

Yeah, checked my game and this is definitely the case.

However, it still seems amiss to me, if you can use any rogue stone to enter the twisted rune what's the point of koshi guarding a unique one?
aVENGER
QUOTE(leonidas @ Dec 26 2007, 03:40 AM) *
However, it still seems amiss to me, if you can use any rogue stone to enter the twisted rune what's the point of koshi guarding a unique one?

This is not default game behaviour, the special Rogue Stone is something that Kevin added to Koshi via Baldurdash. Check the BD readme:

QUOTE(Kevin Dorner)
Restored Slave Lord & Twisted Rune Quest Fix enables severed dialog threads and adds an improvised item to restore the severed links of the Twisted Rune quest, which was intended for the game but appears to have been forgotten about as all its components are still present. Until this point it's been enigmatic encounters and locations with no clues that they are interconnected. (Note: This fix includes the previously separate Disappearing Rogue Stone Autosave fix.)
leonidas
QUOTE(aVENGER @ Dec 26 2007, 06:54 AM) *
QUOTE(leonidas @ Dec 26 2007, 03:40 AM) *

This is not default game behaviour, the special Rogue Stone is something that Kevin added to Koshi via Baldurdash. Check the BD readme:

QUOTE(Kevin Dorner)
Restored Slave Lord & Twisted Rune Quest Fix enables severed dialog threads and adds an improvised item to restore the severed links of the Twisted Rune quest, which was intended for the game but appears to have been forgotten about as all its components are still present. Until this point it's been enigmatic encounters and locations with no clues that they are interconnected. (Note: This fix includes the previously separate Disappearing Rogue Stone Autosave fix.)

Heh, been so goddamn long since I played the unmodded game I forgot the slave lords wasn't originally included. Ah well thanks for pointing out my error.
aVENGER
Hi Sikret,

I just noticed a potentially dangerous bug from the original (unmodded) game which is not fixed by Baldurdash. Since IA players generally use Baldurdash, I thought you might be interested in this. The exact nature of the bug is described in this thread on G3.

Essentially, a misplaced script block in AR0800.BCS can prevent any subsequent script blocks from triggering under certain conditions. This is particularly dangerous for any mods that use EXTENED_BOTTOM on AR0800.BCS. Therefore, I'm going to mirror the G3 fix in Rogue Rebalancing as of the next version since this bug can prevent my Chosen of Cyric encounter from starting. For consistency's sake, it would be great if you could fix the bug in the same way for IA. Here's the relevant code:

CODE
COPY_EXISTING ~ar0800.BCS~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
   REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("GarrickSpeak","GLOBAL",1)~ ~False()~
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

As you can see, this code will only fix the bug if another mod has not already done so, and I think that is the best way to deal with it.

Cheers!
Sikret
Thanks, aVENGER!

Although the bug doesn't directly affect IA (IA doesn't EXTEND AR0800.bcs), I will see to fix it.

Cheers
aVENGER
Actually, this bug can cause problems even in the unmodded game. Most importantly, it can prevent Bodhi from appearing in Chapter 2 (if the player chooses to side with her) since the script block which spawns her is placed below the bugged block and therefore it can not properly trigger as long as the bugged block returns true.

Anyway, glad to hear that you're going to fix this as well. smile.gif
Ryel ril Ers
Ribald sells unlimited amount ring of animal friendship , that means the patient players can make unlimited money with the sell-buy bug (if you choose an item in the shop, and want to buy more then one and before push the buy bottun sell somethink the items price lowered to the price of one item, if you push the buy button you pay the original price except if you have enough money to buy one item but less to buy all the item, in that case all of your money lost but you gain all of the items). With 15 rep and 18 charisma, empty inventory, a silver ring and with 450 gold you can buy 16 ring of animal friendship for 450 gold, after every time you can sell 5 ring for 500 gold and after you buy 16 ring. If you fill all the 6 inventory, you can sell that ring ~15k gold to an other merchant, or ~10k to Ribald.

There are more other items with work the sell-buy:
Arrow of Acid/Fire from Copper Coronet: you can buy 10 for ~750 gold and after sell it 1800 gold
Arrow of Piercing from Galean Bayle's house: do 5-6k gold from ~2700

And the nastiest trick:
if you want lot of healing potion search a shop where sell at least 10 amount, sell something for 600 gold and you can buy all of potion.

I think only the first trick is serious because it can generate unlimited money the others are too slow and limited.
Sikret
Thanks, Ryel!

The first one was very interesting. I will test and fix it.

By the way, have you tested all of these (specially the copper coronet one) in your current game with IA v5? I ask because in v5 all stores are tweaked in respect to their sell/buy prices. If the exploit works, it should be for the trick you explained about how to use bottons. Direct buying and selling doesn't give benefit in any store. Am I right?
Ryel ril Ers
I started a new game, yesterday. I install only ToB patch, the suggested parts of ease of use. and the IA 5.0.
All of the tricks are tested. I think there are more.
Try it 15 reputation or more and with a character with 18 or more charisma.
If tha condition true than the trick work with lots of item with 4+ amount.

I'm glad if i can help.
(The new donation sums are very good. Thanks.)

In the future i try some more merchant (of course after i save the game, i don't want broke my joy so i play without cheese, but i keep one ring because of memory smile.gif ).

Shaitan
An unimportant one: It takes 20 hours to travel to Imnisvale from the docks and 1 day and four hours the other way. There's probably more of such inconsistencies.
Ryel ril Ers
Another unimportant:
I you rest with a berserker in rage the rage still active all night, and only end after awaken.

So the berserker after kill everybody in his dream awake with left leg. (is suppose this is a common say non only hungarian) smile.gif
Baronius
The English version of that saying is "he got out of bed on the wrong side".
Ryel ril Ers
Thank you Baronius.
Ryel ril Ers
Ihtafeer does nothing if you attack he in his human form, he only stand and wait to slay him. (i don't speak with the djinnies because i want buy some potion from the rakshasa).
Sikret
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 5 2008, 06:55 AM) *
Ihtafeer does nothing if you attack he in his human form, he only stand and wait to slay him. (i don't speak with the djinnies because i want buy some potion from the rakshasa).

Moved the post here as I have not touched Ihtafeer in IA at all.
Shadan
When I cast Melfs MM with my blade, my attack/round on charactersheet is 6. If I turn offensive spin on, attack is decreased to 2 on charactersheet. My installed mods exactly same as Sikret's ones except I have ToD installed also. I think attack number is decreased in game also, but I am not sure.
Vardaman
Argh, what is wrong with Jan's kick-out script? Every time he gets Imprisoned and I free him, he 'has nothing to say to you'. I have the latest ToB patch so it's not the generic problem with 'nothing to say to you'. Is there any way this can be fixed?
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Jan 6 2008, 05:11 AM) *
Argh, what is wrong with Jan's kick-out script? Every time he gets Imprisoned and I free him, he 'has nothing to say to you'. I have the latest ToB patch so it's not the generic problem with 'nothing to say to you'. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Does it happen only for Jan or does it happen for other Bioware NPCs as well (I'm not asking about custom NPCs)?
Vardaman
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 6 2008, 02:07 AM) *
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Jan 6 2008, 05:11 AM) *

Does it happen only for Jan or does it happen for other Bioware NPCs as well (I'm not asking about custom NPCs)?

It's only been Jan but this is the first time I've ever had him in my party. I've had other Bioware NPC's get Imprisoned but they rejoin me without a problem (Misc, Jaheira and Viconia in this play-through).
Romulas
Just in case no one has mentioned this, as there are 10 pages to this topic. But there is a rather nasty bug dealing with custom character generated kickouts. Meaning, that when you kickout a custom character (generated in multiplayer mode) they can no longer talk with the PC and have a chance to rejoin. Well, this goes one step further, lets say a custom character gets imprisoned and you free him with freedom spell, you then have to talk with him to get him to rejoin the party, and due to this bug its not possible. When this happened recently I lost the fight anyway but it would have sucked to win and still lose a character.

I know the tweakpack deals with this but that has been deemed incompatable with IA.

Thanks,

Romulas
Romulas
I see if I had read just a few posts back, so yes it happens to others besides jan.

Romulas
Ryel ril Ers
You can solve this problem. Save often and when it is happaned save and load it as multiplayer game and import the custom character from the previous save.
This is very unconfortable so i hope in the future Sikret will fix it.
Sikret
QUOTE(Romulas @ Jan 12 2008, 09:52 PM) *
Just in case no one has mentioned this, as there are 10 pages to this topic. But there is a rather nasty bug dealing with custom character generated kickouts. Meaning, that when you kickout a custom character (generated in multiplayer mode) they can no longer talk with the PC and have a chance to rejoin. Well, this goes one step further, lets say a custom character gets imprisoned and you free him with freedom spell, you then have to talk with him to get him to rejoin the party, and due to this bug its not possible. When this happened recently I lost the fight anyway but it would have sucked to win and still lose a character.

The fix can be found here. I strongly recommend installing it for players who use custom NPCs. Those who don't use custom NPCs won't need it.
Shadan
I found some bugs or cheese regarding beholders and gauths. Firs of all since I didn't find any usefull defensife spell against them when I first encountered 3 gauths at broken bridge near to lost temple, and 25x3 dmg from 3 Cause Serious was an instant kill for most of my characters, I decided to move my vagrant in sneak to discover their location. Then I tried an Emotion on them from far. I have managed 2 of them down from 3, so I charged with my chars. I was surprised when sleeping gauths continued their gaze attacks on my characters, which was a short cut for my party. smile.gif After a reload, I sent my vagrant to scout again, and I sent in some hasted summoned monsters, and gauths didn't use their gaze attacks on them. When one party member showed up, they used gaze attack on him, but when there was no character in their sight, they didn't do anything. Or they attacked my summons but very strange if they are not able to kill even a simple war dog... Anyway I started to use Mirror Image as defense, and it worked well. So I continued to beholder lair, and my vagrant was on scouting duty in whole lair. Third interesting thing occurred when my vagrant spot 3 gauths again, so I moved my chars behind the wall near to them, and I started to lay down some Skull Traps. My intend was to lure gauths in them with my vagrant. But it seemed trap were near to the gauths and it exploded immidiately, damaged all 3 of them, but they remained at their spots. Killed all 3 of them with Skull Traps, then reloaded the game, put MI up and did frontal charge.

Last bug: I've got the reward from avatar in lost temple twice. I did nothing, but after I've got XP and the shield, conversation came up again, and after correct answers, I've got XP and shield again. I reloaded, sadly my last save was in beholder lair, so it took a bit time to get back to the temple, and finished quest on more time, but rewards were not duplicated at this time.
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Jan 13 2008, 05:57 PM) *
I found some bugs or cheese regarding beholders and gauths. Firs of all since I didn't find any usefull defensife spell against them when I first encountered 3 gauths at broken bridge near to lost temple, and 25x3 dmg from 3 Cause Serious was an instant kill for most of my characters, I decided to move my vagrant in sneak to discover their location. Then I tried an Emotion on them from far. I have managed 2 of them down from 3, so I charged with my chars. I was surprised when sleeping gauths continued their gaze attacks on my characters, which was a short cut for my party. smile.gif After a reload, I sent my vagrant to scout again, and I sent in some hasted summoned monsters, and gauths didn't use their gaze attacks on them. When one party member showed up, they used gaze attack on him, but when there was no character in their sight, they didn't do anything. Or they attacked my summons but very strange if they are not able to kill even a simple war dog... Anyway I started to use Mirror Image as defense, and it worked well. So I continued to beholder lair, and my vagrant was on scouting duty in whole lair. Third interesting thing occurred when my vagrant spot 3 gauths again, so I moved my chars behind the wall near to them, and I started to lay down some Skull Traps. My intend was to lure gauths in them with my vagrant. But it seemed trap were near to the gauths and it exploded immidiately, damaged all 3 of them, but they remained at their spots. Killed all 3 of them with Skull Traps, then reloaded the game, put MI up and did frontal charge.

I have not improved or touched Gauths' combat system in IA. Any problem with gauths is a vanilla game issue (hence, I move the post to this thread). I will see to fix them though.

Last bug: I've got the reward from avatar in lost temple twice. I did nothing, but after I've got XP and the shield, conversation came up again, and after correct answers, I've got XP and shield again. I reloaded, sadly my last save was in beholder lair, so it took a bit time to get back to the temple, and finished quest on more time, but rewards were not duplicated at this time.

The same here. The problem is related to vanilla game.
lroumen
Perhaps you want to move my following post to the Vanilla Bugs thread since I'm only 50% certain that this is an IA issue.

I post it here mainly to draw attention to my previous report since I did not see this issue fixed in the fixlist for v5.1. Hence I'm wondering whether you had already addressed this issue or whether it had slipped your mind.

A while ago I mentioned that polymorphed enemy casters still cast spells and sequences and still trigger contingencies. I am not certain whether this applies to all mages or only IA improved mages, but I can say that I've regularly used Polymorph Other in other games and I've never really noticed this problem before.

It is inconsistent with the rules that the party has to abide by. Polymorphed NPCs can not cast spells and they cannot even initiate a dialogue. This is all quite logical because if they cannot speak they cannot cast spells or they would need vocalise, but then they would speak the language of the creature so they will not utter the correct words, hence spells would simply fail.

I think it's okay if present contingencies are triggered, but spells and sequences would have to be disabled. I'm not sure how this could be fixed. There currently isn't a STATE_POLYMORPHED, but you can maybe use STATE_SILENCED. I'm guessing that you only need to fix the Squirrel form though.
Are the mage scripts perhaps using the Forcespell() command which overrides things like Silenced?

All spells/abilities that fall into the polymorphing category.
druid: wolf, black bear, brown bear
avenger: sword spider, baby wyvern, fire salamander
shapeshifter: werewolf, greater werewolf
polymorph self (mage spell): flind, brown bear, black bear, mustard jelly, wolf, sword spider
polymorph other (mage spell): squirrel
shapechange (mage spell): mind flayer, iron golem, greater wolfwere, earth elemental, fire elemental, giant troll
protagonist: slayer change
cloak of the sewers: rat, troll, mustard jelly

Related: Since you mention not to use the Shapeshifter: the Werewolf and Greater Werewolf forms of the shapeshifter are not currently fixed by IA are they?
Sikret
@Iroumen

This is surely a vanilla game issue. I will see what is best to do about it. Thanks for reminding it to me again.
lroumen
Ah, it was vanilla after all.

One option could always be to remove Polymorph Other from the game biggrin.gif.
Sikret
QUOTE(lroumen @ Jan 14 2008, 03:25 PM) *
Ah, it was vanilla after all.

Yes, it's certainly a vanilla issue. You see it more frequently now simply because enemy mages use sequencers and triggers more frequently than in the vanilla.

One option could always be to remove Polymorph Other from the game biggrin.gif .

hehe, yes, it's an option, though I didn't wait for this suggestion from one of the spell's fans. smile.gif

There are a few more possible ways to fix the spell though. I will think about it.
Clown
I have been using Jaheira as a Ranger/Cleric and she is able to select contact with nature HLA multiple times.
Sikret
QUOTE(Clown @ Jan 15 2008, 09:01 PM) *
I have been using Jaheira as a Ranger/Cleric and she is able to select contact with nature HLA multiple times.

Thank you very much for reporting this case. As you know, "Contact with Nature" is the replacement for "Tracking". The "Tracking" HLA was supposed to be choosable only once and it is in fact so for single-class rangers; however, after reading your report, I checked and noticed that Cleric/Rangers' HLA tableis bugged in the vanilla game and allows multiple Tracking HLAs. I fixed it for the next version.
Romulas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 12 2008, 03:47 PM) *

The fix can be found here. I strongly recommend installing it for players who use custom NPCs. Those who don't use custom NPCs won't need it.

I just downloaded the two files, this time the kicked out character says it was nice and farewell. There was no option to rejoin the party. So the question is will the same occur when the character is freed from the imprisonment, will there be an option to rejoin the party. I cannot test this as my high level party is no where near a lich or demi-lich and the low level party doesn't really want to meet one yet.

Thanks for making the files available and trying to fix this.

Romulas
Sikret
QUOTE(Romulas @ Jan 18 2008, 12:09 AM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 12 2008, 03:47 PM) *

I just downloaded the two files, this time the kicked out character says it was nice and farewell. There was no option to rejoin the party. So the question is will the same occur when the character is freed from the imprisonment, will there be an option to rejoin the party. I cannot test this as my high level party is no where near a lich or demi-lich and the low level party doesn't really want to meet one yet.

Yes, Romulas! I have tested it myself and it works seamlessly. If you kick out the character, he will say his farewell and will leave without giving you a rejoin option (this is intentional in order to block a cheesy exploit reported by one of the testers). However, if the character was imprisoned and freed, he will give you the 'rejoin' option.
Clown
Another issue with imprisonment, when anomen gets imprisoned and freed after lvl 25 the game creates a duplicate holy symbol in his inventory. This will occur every time this happens and it is possible to end up with multiple holy symbols. These symbols are usable by any other good aligned clerics in the party including multi-class and can be sold for 1500 gold.

Edit: Just tested it and infact this will happen even if you kick him out and have him rejoin meaning it could quite easily be exploited for extra holy symbols for your clerics or more usefully infinite gold.
lroumen
It sounds like the holy symbol bonuses need a global variable to keep that from happening.
Sikret
Thanks Clown. I propose that I just reduce the symbol's price to zero. It's not such a fantastic item after all to deserve much work to block its related exploits. It occupies one valuable ring slot and I don't see why even a cheater may want to prefer it to other powerful rings. Not to mentioned that such a player can CLUA the symbol if he insists on cheating and the symbol is not on par with powerful items to encourage me to add anti-cheat protections to make it uncheatable even by CLUAConsole (similar to what I have done for some powerful items).
Shadan
I don't know if these Vanilla bugs or IA, so I write them down here.

1. Liches in Temple Ruins took down 2 of my defensive spells with 1 Ruby Ray. Both SI: Abj. and Minor Spell Deflection disappeared. This happened at least 3 times on my blade and mage. SI: Abj. surely was dispelled, and I didn't see spell turning animation either. I was not able to check if ST is still up, just animation lost or it is dispelled. (Would it be possible to change these graphic type spells (like spell turning, SI, globe of inv., Mirror Image, Blur) to be visible in character sheet where other buffs are mentioned?)
2. If I cast Melf's Minute Meteor with 2 weapons in my hands, my attack per round is 6. If I equip Belm to left hand (either before or after), my attack per round goes down to 3/2. I checked it, attacked my character and attack rate on char sheet was valid. If I press Offensive Spin with Melf's Minute Meteor, my attack per round decreased also. With Haste and Impr. haste, it works well. Very annoying bug, since I can't use Offensive Spin and always have to change offhandweapon, when I want to use MMM. Imho MMM should give 5 attack per round, with Belm, Offensive Spin and Haste it should be 6, with Impr. Haste it is correctly 10 now.
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Jan 23 2008, 12:54 PM) *
I don't know if these Vanilla bugs or IA, so I write them down here.

1. Liches in Temple Ruins took down 2 of my defensive spells with 1 Ruby Ray. Both SI: Abj. and Minor Spell Deflection disappeared. This happened at least 3 times on my blade and mage. SI: Abj. surely was dispelled, and I didn't see spell turning animation either.

I am 99.99% sure that there is no such bug in the game.

First of all, note that Spell Turning (which is a 7th level spell) always gets removed before SI. Ruby Ray always removes higher level protections first (with the sole exception of Spell Shield which always takes precedence). So, your Spell Turning had surely removed prior to the SI with the lich's previous Ruby Ray. That much is about Spell Turning.

As for Minior Spell Deflection (which is a 3rd level spell), it will be removed after SI. I can make two wild guesses about what might have happened in your game:

1- One possibility is that the Minor Spell Deflection's duration had just accidentally expired at that time.

Befor reading the second guess, just tell me, shadan: You didn't possibly installed the "Invisible Cloak of Mirroring Animation" component of Ease-of-Use, did you? It's not recommended and it can have very bad effects on spells' animations. The second guess will lose its point if you have installed that unrecommended component.

2- My second guess (which is a wild one and needs testing) is that since SI and Minor Spell Deflection use the same animation on the character's avatar (the same kindof shimmering globe), perhaps when you cast these two spells together only one of the two animations shows up. If this wild guess is true, then removing SI will remove the animaton while Minor Spell Deflection is actually active on your character.

2. If I cast Melf's Minute Meteor with 2 weapons in my hands, my attack per round is 6. If I equip Belm to left hand (either before or after), my attack per round goes down to 3/2. I checked it, attacked my character and attack rate on char sheet was valid. If I press Offensive Spin with Melf's Minute Meteor, my attack per round decreased also. With Haste and Impr. haste, it works well. Very annoying bug, since I can't use Offensive Spin and always have to change offhandweapon, when I want to use MMM. Imho MMM should give 5 attack per round, with Belm, Offensive Spin and Haste it should be 6, with Impr. Haste it is correctly 10 now.

Yes, this is a well-know issue in the vanilla game. (Not to mention that using an off-hand weapon while also using MMM is cheesy. wink.gif )
Shadan
Sorry, Sikret, I am writing from my work, so I wrote these bugs from memory,and missed the spell name. Spell in question was Minor Spell Turning, lvl 5 spell, same level as SI.
I didn't instealled invisble cloak of mirroring. I installed exactly same mods, as you did according to your playing diary. I installed 2 bonus mod: ToD and The Four.
As I said, maybe only animation was wrong. Sadly these spells are not mentioned on character sheet (which would be fine to be changed smile.gif).
Raven
QUOTE(shadan @ Jan 23 2008, 10:01 AM) *
Sorry, Sikret, I am writing from my work, so I wrote these bugs from memory,and missed the spell name. Spell in question was Minor Spell Turning, lvl 5 spell, same level as SI.

And you're saying that RR removed both MST and SI together?

This is very odd because I specifically tested spell defences for v5 at great length and I never observed this problem.

This is how it's supposed to work:

Since the spell protections are the same level (5), the order in which they are removed by RR is determined by the order in which they were cast. If SI was cast first, it should be removed first. If MST was cast first, it should be removed first. In neither case should multiple protections be removed by RR.

I am also confused when you ask that buff icons for spell turning etc. are displayed on the character sheet, since they already are. Spell Deflection, Spell Turning and SI (and minor versions of the first two) do indeed have icons which appear on the character's portrait, and which correctly disappear when removed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.