Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v5 bug thread
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sikret
Send them here if you find any. But before posting please make sure that you have followed the installation instruction accurately. Also, don't forget to attach a copy of your WeiDu.log file. WeiDu.log is a text file which can be found in your main BG2 folder. Either attach the file to your post or simply copy and paste its content.
Vardaman
Typo report: Amulet of Charon's description starts with "This is a long last magical item..." I'm assuming that should be 'lost'.
Sikret
Locally fixed. Thanks, Vardaman!
LZJ
The Ray of Fragmentation does not seem to work on the Elemental Golem guardian of the Master Brain. Is this intentional?
Sikret
QUOTE(LZJ @ Dec 14 2007, 12:37 PM) *
The Ray of Fragmentation does not seem to work on the Elemental Golem guardian of the Master Brain. Is this intentional?

No, it's not intentional. Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Here is a quick fix:

1- Uninstall the mod
2- Download the attached file and paste it into the "itm" folder (the "itm" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
3- Install the mod again.

Please let me know if the problem is fully fixed.

I strongly recommend that everyone installs this fix, because some other golems also have this unintended immunity in the game and installing this fix will solve the problem for all of them at once.
LZJ
To Sikret:

I have progressed into Chapter 6, and therefore could not test the fix out on the Elemental Golem stated earlier. However, it probably works.

Before the fix:

SPOILER!
Ray of Fragmentation did not work on the Elemental Golem with the Master Brain, nor did it work on the 2 Elemental Golems with Kruin.

After the fix:

SPOILER!
The spell worked on the Elemental Golem with the Alhoon in the Illithid Hideout, located within the Temple Sewers.
Sikret
QUOTE(LZJ @ Dec 14 2007, 08:42 PM) *
I have progressed into Chapter 6, and therefore could not test the fix out on the Elemental Golem stated earlier.

No problem. I tested it on him and it works.
LZJ
A minor typo found for the vagrant-specific quest:

SPOILER!
In the dialogue with the swanmay when I first receive the quest, one of the dialogue options reads:

2 "Do you have any idea where to look for the tresure or the thief?"

Treasure is misspelt.

Also, minor typo discovered in the dialogue for the upgrade of the Long Sword +4. "further" spelt as "furthere".
Sikret
Typos locally fixed. Thanks, LZJ!
Vardaman
Typo report: The Noble Efreet says 'Efreeeti' in one of his dialogues.
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Dec 17 2007, 07:18 PM) *
Typo report: The Noble Efreet says 'Efreeeti' in one of his dialogues.

Perhaps he was referring to a 'big' efreeti. biggrin.gif

Locally fixed. Thanks!
LZJ
Typo report:

In the description of the Axe of the Lakesider, "adornments" in the 2nd line is spelt incorrectly as "adornmets".

On a separate note (not a bug), I was expecting much more treasure considering the sacrifice I had to make. sad.gif
Vardaman
Another small thing, you fixed the Mace of Disruption +2 to go back to the +1 picture (thanks!), but I think you forgot to change the BAM referenced under the Melee ability of the item. Everything looks fine when you're in the inventory screen but then when you put it in your Quick Weapon slot, it looks like the plain Mace +1's BAM from the main gameplay screen.
Sikret
QUOTE(Vardaman @ Dec 20 2007, 07:19 AM) *
Another small thing, you fixed the Mace of Disruption +2 to go back to the +1 picture (thanks!), but I think you forgot to change the BAM referenced under the Melee ability of the item. Everything looks fine when you're in the inventory screen but then when you put it in your Quick Weapon slot, it looks like the plain Mace +1's BAM from the main gameplay screen.

Will change for the next version. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.
leonidas
Small thing.......but I noticed you tweaked the enchantment level of some weapons: daystar, hammer of giantkin etc.

Anyways, in my game they were striking at the enchantment level dictated by the damage bonus, rather than the inflated level present in the vanilla game (daystar and the hammer of giantkin both strike as +4 in the vanilla game, whereas in IA 5.0 they are +2 and +1 respectively (i think)).

Thing is, all the weapon descriptions still mention the old enchantment level. They say something along the lines of "x weapon is considered +4 when determining what it can hit". Off the top of my head I can think of daystar, flametongue, and the hammer of giantkin that have this description yet don't actually have the ability to hit as +4 any more (i noticed when I was trying to kill the demilich).

There are a few other weapons, like the root of the problem, that have an abnormal ability to strike, but I don't know what's been tweaked and what hasn't.

Actually, I'm assuming this is deliberate: is it? tongue.gif
Sikret
Hi, leonidas!

Nice to read from you again.

Have you possibly installed the game text update of Baldurdash? If so, it is culprit for the inconsistent descriptions.

Cheers
leonidas
Heh, hello again, sikret biggrin.gif

Well, naturally I could not resist a new release of IA.

Hrm, so the Baldurdash text update is the culprit, I'll give it a miss next time.
Ryel ril Ers
The detect evil spell started some script.

I go against the Mencar's party and i cast a detect evil before i enter to the room, and sorcerer amon cast a protection of fire, without see the party, his other protection activated later when he see us. I don't try any other opponent yet.
Raven
Are you sure that wouldn't have happened without Detect Evil? Could you try reloading and entering the area without casting the spell?
Ryel ril Ers
Raven:
You are right. Only happened that Keldorn and Amon cast his spells at the same time. smile.gif
I try it twice, but i dont think to wait without cast, sorry.
Gorwath
i don't know if it is a bug
but the Greater Earth Elemental of Merkraths Imp only attacks the same party member. So if you surround him he wont switch targets and is an easy kill.
Don't know if that has been helpful but that Elemental just seemed too easy and it makes no sense that the Elemental should focus on one char
arakein
perhaps it's an old script such as "attack the weakest/cuttest"?
Shaitan
A minor grammar error I think (my english isn't that great):

SPOILER!
The Amber Golem with Borinall says: "I'll do what Talos wills"

Regards
Sikret
Just checked and the Greater Earth Elemental picks target properly. I remember that Shaitan also tested this battle during the testing stage and reported that the elemental picked targets intelligently.
Sikret
What's grammatically wrong there, Shaitan?
Shaitan
As I said I'm terrible at english, so I meant the "s" was too much smile.gif
Arkain
Mhm, maybe something like "I'll fullfill Targos' will" would be more appropiate. Note the rhyme, heh. Although "I'll do what Targos wills" should be fine, as the golem merely says he'll do whatever his master Talos wants, i.e. what he "wills".

[edit] Just fooled around a bit with the riskbreaker kit. It seems as if the kit's ability Risk Decrement can throw enemies back through walls. I presume that's not intentional?
I saw this when I used the ability against the vampires in Saradush and one of them flew straight into another corridor I visited earlier. No open doors. [/edit]
Sikret
QUOTE(Arkain @ Jan 3 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Just fooled around a bit with the riskbreaker kit. It seems as if the kit's ability Risk Decrement can throw enemies back through walls.

Not through walls for sure; but it may throw enemies through doors (even closed doors) in some areas. It's an unfixable issue of the vanilla game with all similar throwing effects. For example, if you use the Smite HLA, you will see the same problem.
Vardaman
Typo in the Volcanic Ore's description: it says "fir-based" when you mean "fire-based", unless the ore harnesses the power of trees. wink.gif
Zakfir
Couple of odd things going on in my installation of IA

1. Vagrant and all new kits cannot select any alignment.

2. Imoen's class is still a dual mage/thief i was under the impression she was a sorceror now. And for some reason she has her BG1 port now.

I only have baldurdash, IA, and the ease-of-use mods installed and only those components specified in the readme; furthermore all in correct order. I have tried a complete clean install 3 times now with the same results. I believe this may be an IA issue or perhaps related to the fact I'm using windows vista??

I'm not new to BG2 or mods, but i'm running out of ideas here. Which is too bad because I really enjoyed other tactical Bg2 mods and i've heard great things about IA.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Zak

Sikret
Hi, Zak!

QUOTE(Zakfir @ Jan 6 2008, 01:05 PM) *
1. Vagrant and all new kits cannot select any alignment.

This had been reported by a couple of players who had Mac systems instead of Windows before. So, it may be related to the Vista. Is vista sensitive to the backslash vs. slash use in tp2s? I don't know.

You said that you are familiar with modding, right? If you have the ConText editor, open the mod's tp2 and change backslashes to slashed in the parts in which the kits are coded. This may (or may not) solve the problem. If you need more info on how to do this, send me a PM.

2. Imoen's class is still a dual mage/thief i was under the impression she was a sorceror now.
Now, this is too strange and hardly even related to the slash/backslash issue. Can you copy and paste the content of your WeiDu.log file? (It's strange that despite my strict request, people don't include the file in their reports.)

And for some reason she has her BG1 port now.

This is all right and intentional. The BG2 portrait didn't fit well with her new class.

Cheers
Vardaman
I noticed that Improved Ankehg Armor's description doesn't list it's weight. (25 lbs)
Zakfir
Sure, i didn't bother because its pretty clean regarding known compatibilities. Are there any other reported problems with vista users and IA? I don't really know anything about vista i just started using it with my new comp. This is very peculiar.

Cheers,

Zak

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
Sikret
There is a minor bug in the dialogue of custom multiplayer NPCs when you kick them out of the party. The leave correctly, but they don't always say their farewell lines. There is also a more serious bug for which an imprisoned custom NPC fails to rejoin the party after being freed. Here is a quick fix:

1- Uninstall the mod
2- Download the two attached files.
3- Put MULTIG.d file into "dlg" folder (the "dlg" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
4- Put the other file into your "override" folder (the override folder is inside the main BG2 folder)
5- Install the mod again.

I strongly recommend installing the fix to players who use custom NPCs. If you don't use custom NPCs, you won't need this fix.
Zakfir
I guess I'll post this here as it’s where I posted before. Anyways I solved my issues with IA and vista. Apparently, vista is extremely stringent on security which I was ill informed upon; prolly my own fault there. Anyways to make a long post short don't install bg2 and IA in your program flies folder and make sure u enable all security permissions. I made a folder entitled 'games' on my C: drive and just plunked it in there. I suppose vista security and the weidu installer don't play nicely together. Just thought I’d pass this along as the solution is a lot simpler than I realized and others may be having similar problems. Wish I knew this before the headache.

Neways I’d like to thank Sikret for making me dust off my Bg2 disks for another go. thumb.gif

Cheers,

Zak
Sikret
Very glad to hear that the problem is solved, Zak! (And thanks for the tips you gave for other Vista users.)
Sikret
This is not a bug, but just something which works a bit differently than the way I intended:

One of the Skeleton Lords in Deirex's tower in Ust Natha is a bit naughty and approaches the party (and attacks) a bit prematurely while you are still engaged in the battle with the lich. As I said, this is not a bug, but it can somewhat spoil the surprise of their presence in the tower. Moreover, the S.Lords are there for a different purpose than helping the lich.

Here is a quick fix (installing the fix is not necessary, but just recommended):

1- Uninstall the mod
2- Download the attached file, rename it to S!skel3.baf (the underline should be renamed to exclamation mark) and put it into "scripts" folder (the "scripts" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder)
Ryel ril Ers
I tried the battle with Teshal, every time when the third bone devil appaer my game is crash.
I attached my weidu.log.
I only install a widescreen mod, but i don't think that generate the problem. I think i forget the baldurdash fixpack. sad.gif

CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

Sikret
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 13 2008, 05:40 PM) *
I tried the battle with Teshal, every time when the third bone devil appaer my game is crash.
I attached my weidu.log.
I only install a widescreen mod, but i don't think that generate the problem.

Never heard of the mod. How do you know that it's not the culprit?

I think i forget the baldurdash fixpack. sad.gif

Baldurdash Fixpack doesn't showup in the WieDu.log file. To test whether you have installed it or not, see your override folder. If the file SPWISH17.spl is there,you have installed the fixpack; if no file with that name is there, you have not installed it. However, even if you have forgotten the Baldurdash fixpack, it is not the cause of your particular problem (though without the fixpack you will surely encounter other bugs during the game).
Ryel ril Ers
The widescreen mod not do anything, only change the resolution of the game 1280x800. I am programmer and i don't think a simple animation have contact with resolution.
Clown
3 Strange things I've noticed in this run which didn't happen in previous ones, dont know if they are bugs:

1. Spider Queen failed to trigger in WK, spider figurine was in bag of holding though might this have caused it. Managed to trigger it later with it out of bag but this is still strange as the spider even triggers if you drop the figurine.

2. Some of the statues in WK lvl 1 are missing, all mage and cleric statues are not present and do not trigger when ritual is completed.

3. My multi-class characters have not been given any HLA's desoite being at over 4million XP while my single and dual classes have all recieved them as normal.

Dont have my weidu log on this machine but it is standard install instructions plus ToD, Dungeon Crawl and RR recomended components.
Sikret
QUOTE(Clown @ Jan 13 2008, 06:12 PM) *
3 Strange things I've noticed in this run which didn't happen in previous ones, dont know if they are bugs:

1. Spider Queen failed to trigger in WK, spider figurine was in bag of holding though might this have caused it. Managed to trigger it later with it out of bag but this is still strange as the spider even triggers if you drop the figurine.

This is the first time I hear this. Haven't you been probably hasted and moved too fast?

2. Some of the statues in WK lvl 1 are missing, all mage and cleric statues are not present and do not trigger when ritual is completed.
Perhaps, your party were relatively low level. The number of statues varies with the party level.

3. My multi-class characters have not been given any HLA's desoite being at over 4million XP while my single and dual classes have all recieved them as normal.

This is intentional. It was explained in the old topic named "Progress Report for IA v5". Multi-class characters need more xp to start gaining HLAs. And It's mentioned in the current version;s readme file:

Quote from the Fixes and Tweaks document:

Multi-class characters will require to reach certain high levels to start to gain HLAs.
Clown
Ok, sorry about the XP bit will read the readme more carefully next time.

As for the staues my characters had 4 mil XP each, surely this is quite high. However perhaps all statues should be present at all times as surely if the party is able to gather all ritual ingredients they are capable of vanquishing the full complement of statues.
Ryel ril Ers
The crash was caused by a memory leak. I restart my symtem and the problem is solved.
Sikret
QUOTE(Clown @ Jan 13 2008, 07:43 PM) *
As for the staues my characters had 4 mil XP each, surely this is quite high.

Perhaps, you have been in that area once long ago when your party was low level, eh?
Clown
Good point, thanks for taking the time to reply.
Sikret
There is one certain condition under which Ancient Dragon doesn't drop one of his items. The item should be dropped if the protagonist qualifies the conditions to use it, but sometimes (not always) he just doesn't drop it even if he should.

Here is a quick fix:

1- Uninstall the mod
2- Download the attached file and rename it to S!fsdrag.baf (the underline has to be renamed to exclamation mark), then put the renamed file into "scripts" folder ("scripts" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).

This fix will work as long as you have not met Ancient Dragon in your game. If you have already met him, send me a PM with the list of items he dropped and I will tell you if you need this fix for your current game or not. It's recommended that those players who have not met him yet in the game do install the fix as soon as possible.
Sikret
Just forgot to thank Clown for reporting the possible glitch when Ancient Dragon doesn't drop a certain item under one possible condition (in my previous post). Thanks, Clown!
Sikret
Here are some more recommended files to install. They fix some minor glitches. Installing them is not mandatory but recommended:

1- Uninstall the mod
2- Dowload the attached files.
3- Go inside the "ImprovedAnvil" folder and:
3-1) Put the two baf files into "BAF" folder.
3-2) Put the spl file into "spl" folder.
4- Install the mod again.

What do these files do:

The two baf files will prevent an unintended disappearance of an item in Cromwell's shop and/or in pokcetplane. The disappearance doesn't happen always but only in some rare cases depending on your protagonist's class. Installing the files will prevent it from happening even in those rare cases that it might happen.

The spl file is the version of Spell Shield dragons and demons use in IA. Installing the file will make them exactly identical with the version mages use in respect to being fully dispelled by the 9th level spell: SpellStrike.

The difference was that the version mages use is the perfect one, it doesn't block spellstrike and always gets removed by spellstrike; whereas the version dragons used to use didn't block spellstrike (which was correct) but it would still remain active even after spellstrike. Installing this file will make it identical with the version mages use (which is the better and the intended version).
Mongerman
So there is no need to manually delete the IA folder like when we do a update from a older version, just run the IA uninstallation, copy the files, and run installation again?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.