Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v5 bug thread
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Ryel ril Ers
QUOTE(Sikret @ Aug 26 2008, 03:48 PM) *
There is nothing to be done about equipping multiple items which grant str. bonuses (by setting str. to specific numbers) and the way they stack with each other. It's something in the vanilla game which can't be modded.

The dagger's Imp. Haste is omitted in v6, so the problem is automatically resloved.

Very sad... sad.gif
I wanted to try the GoA with a custom fighter/thief NPC in the next version of IA.
The GoA not seemed overpowered, because only thieves able to use it. I accept it but what is the reason of this nerf? No offense... smile.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ Aug 27 2008, 03:02 AM) *
Another minor thing but I might as well report it: baron metrich of the 2nd paladin quest uses his fists to fight despite having 2 long swords on his body when you dispose of him.

Yes, it's already fixed in v6.

@Ryel

The dagger is still a very powerful weapon even without the Imp. Haste. You will still find it very useful. If it was usable only by single-class thieves, I wouldn't probably omit the Imp. Haste, but since it is usable by Fighter/Thieves as well, it was too much (considering the dagger's other abilities as well).
Ryel ril Ers
You are right. Is it possible to make one more item what grants permanent improved haste or is this become the privilege of rangers?
Shadan
Breach's spell descrition should be updated. It removes Irons Skin, Neg. Plane Prot. also, and it is not mentioned in the text. Also I think it removes Blade Barrier (I am not sure about this and my new party is not enough high level to try it). If it removes BB, it should be written also in description.
Nivellen
Not sure if this topic is right for my 'problem', if it can be called this word.

What is this about? My party (Berserker protagonist(orc),Keldorn,Valygar,Anomen,Nalia,Aerie) are all lvl 12/13 and i defeated Sama & party. I'm not sure for what level this fight was designed but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't be able to do it if not the fact that
SPOILER!
i was able to fight them in 2 waves. First have come fighters (with Samia - she is a real bitch) - i could beat them because i concentrated on disabling fighters (rogue like looking guy was pretty impossible to kill without him going down thanks to emotion smile.gif and killing Samia + some caster(seems like druid as he dropped druid stuff)) - finished fight with Keldorn and Anomen dead. Somehow cleric and mage didn't join the fight and i was able to rest after beating first half of Samia's party. (i did fight in room with treasure). I then killed cleric (easy) and mage (HARD, had to reload few times even though he was already ALONE)

What do you think Sikret - is it kind of bug with this fight? Or maybe cheating on my part? I'm not sure and i'm thinking if i shouldn't reload and postpone this fight to later time. The loot wasn't anything special really though for me and i consider it pretty much on par with the fight. Even in the way i did it. (it was still really really hard)
Vuki
What did you excatly? Did you see the cleric and the mage during the battle or did you not move close enough to see them?

My opinion is that it does not matter what caused it, you should play it again because the enemy reaction was not reasonable. It is not a cheat because it happened accidentally but it is still cheesy. Again - this is just my opinion.
Nivellen
I think i have seen everyone with my 'bait' character, then i moved back waiting for them to come (awaiting melee guys to come first) and block themselves a little in the door to room i was waiting in. I will probably reload to before a fight - though it gave me nice boost in gold smile.gif
Vuki
Hmm, usually monsters in IA behave in a really intelligent way (which I like very much) and they follow you and even those enemies follow you who do not see you (they follow their party members).
Sikret
Something is surely going wrong in your game, Nivellen! Samia's party are a lot more intelligent than that. Please try it again and see if you can reproduce the problem. You can also PM me the content of your WeiDu.log file if you wish.
Nivellen
I can reproduce the problem relatively easy
SPOILER!
Park my party in room with treasure at the back so no one from Samia's room can see them. Cast improved invisibility on my progagonist and 'show' myself in line of sight for Samia to trigger 'talk' then immediatelly hide. Most of the time druid is coming - alone. After he is dead i can lure alone for example Akae - didn't bother to try more. Maybe its issue with invisibility? Someone from the Samia's party is casting True sight(priest i think) When i trigget Samia's talk other memeber of her party start their contingencies, pots etc. Its thoguh to show myself to only some of party memebers - i try to not 'see' mage when i move to trigger start of fight. Couln't reproduce only fighters coming, but druid alone, then fighter alon is even easier to manage smile.gif

They are surely intelligent, heh. I tried to park my party at entrance to maze and sneak with Valygar to pickup items from stash and well., They discovered him.. i tried to run away with him.. and some memebers of Samia's party went to location where rest of my party was parked! They never seen them and went straight to them smile.gif

About my WeiDu.log - there isn't anything here. I only have installed (after fresh BG2 + Tob + patch + baldurdash(non weidu) some components of ease of use (infinite stacking, true grandmastery, wear magical etc. unnerfed Thac0 ec. xp cap remover, multiple strongholds, bonus merchants, no drow avatars, imoen tob dialogue fix, romance bug fixes) + IA 5.0. Nothing else is or ever was installed. Well, in my previous game i did have installed the 'Hapy NPC' component of EoU but i uninstalled it for my current game.

On different topic. I reloaded to before my fight with Samia & party and went to Conster. Initially it seemed like impossible fight (my party was lvls 11-13, protagonist berserker 12 lvl)
SPOILER!
those skeleton lords are INSANE

but i managed afer some thinking and buffing. I went after him to Firekraag - and.. i actually killed him.
SPOILER!
Thanks to scroll i got from Conster

My question is - did i miss anything by killing him before getting possible quest to kill him? Is fact that i killed him this relatively early bad for my game? smile.gif

Samia's & Party is alive - i think i will come later to her when i have a way to manage invisible mage.
SpellStorm
Offtop: If you think that Skeleton Lords are insane, I wonder what would you think about the Grandlords later...

There is a well-known issue which I don't know if it counts as a bug or not. The Trademeet Genies are a leftover from the vanilla game. They are way weaker compared to the improved Ithafeer. In addition to this, if Ithafeer isn't hunted down, he sells rare potions. So any player may kill the Genies instead of hunting down Ithafeer for them - it's way better and easier. Maybe, the Genies could be improved in some way so that they are at least as tough as Ithafeer? And the real potion seller could be 'rescued' or something only by killing Ithafeer?

QUOTE(Nivellen @ Sep 5 2008, 04:05 AM) *
My question is - did i miss anything by killing him before getting possible quest to kill him? Is fact that i killed him this relatively early bad for my game? smile.gif

One of the Paladin Stronghold assignments includes the task of killing Firkraag, and your party is rewarded with an average amount of xp. Other than that, I don't think you will miss something.
Vuki
QUOTE(SpellStorm @ Sep 5 2008, 10:03 AM) *
Offtop: If you think that Skeleton Lords are insane, I wonder what would you think about the Grandlords later...

Insanity of an enemy depends on your level. smile.gif
LZJ
One of the Paladin Stronghold assignments includes the task of killing Firkraag, and your party is rewarded with an average amount of xp. Other than that, I don't think you will miss something.

Actually, you will still get this XP reward even if you kill Firkraag first.
Sikret
@Nivellen

The problem you reported regarding Samia and party is not reproducible in my game. Of course, the method you used (showing one invisible character and then fleeing back) is cheesy, but I'm pretty sure that Samia's party are intelligent enough not to be fooled by such tricks. As I said, something is going wrong in your game, but since you say that you don't have any other mod installed, I can't help you find the source of the problem.

EDIT: I assume that you have started a new game after installing IA. If not, it can be the source of the problem.
Nivellen
My installation.

BG2
ToB
BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH.exe
BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112.exe
Weimer-Ease-v32.exe
IA 5.0

My WeiDu.log.
CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Happy: NPCs won't fight with each other or leave the group.
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

Today i turned on debug mode and started new game with random character. I then played stortest possible way(from starting dungeon till i got the mask) to get to Samia's party with using of ctrl+y to kill enemies on the way. I think (my guess) that this shouldn't break anything as on the way i met pretty much unmodded content (except the golems i had to kill + djinnies for the mask).

I then tested how Samia's party behavior when i pickup the loot and go back to their room. Seems like if i don't enter their room at all, just talk with Samia when i see her trough door and go back (i'm not invisible, go back as soon as i can without using PAUSE) then basicaly never all member of Samia's party come into my room.
If i enter their room and then go back then it happens rarely - usually i get them all or almost all with only Samia missing. Are you sure if doesn't happens for you? What would be a reason for this happening in my game(s)?

I have to say that well, i have no idea how i'm supposed to fight them in the future. Obviously i don't want to fight in their room as this puts me in big disadvantage. Originally i just wanted to fight in the room with treasure waiting for them there in right positions. I don't think its cheesy. I want to be able to choose place where i fight. I tried to start the fight originally with protagonist (who happened to be invisible for bonus AC, wanted him to be first possible target for enemies) and then go back into position to wait for enemies. It ended as i described, in getting only few enemies, not whole party. How could i fight them in not cheesy way? Going with my whole party into their room is just stupid since at least one of my character will be most likely dead before rest even get there.

One more thing. In my current game after completing Firekrag dungeon (except Samia party) i killed Mencar party in Promenade. The splitting issue doesn't happen there. I start the fight with shooting to one of them and they all come to me.

Edit : I forgot to say. When i start the fight with Samia the snemies trigger their contingencies and such. I go back to room - some of them come. After they are dead i go again to Samia and they trigger their contingencies again. Seems like they are not put into combat? Don't know what to do - not idea really.
Raven
QUOTE(Nivellen @ Sep 7 2008, 05:45 PM) *
I have to say that well, i have no idea how i'm supposed to fight them in the future. Obviously i don't want to fight in their room as this puts me in big disadvantage. Originally i just wanted to fight in the room with treasure waiting for them there in right positions. I don't think its cheesy. I want to be able to choose place where i fight. I tried to start the fight originally with protagonist (who happened to be invisible for bonus AC, wanted him to be first possible target for enemies) and then go back into position to wait for enemies. It ended as i described, in getting only few enemies, not whole party. How could i fight them in not cheesy way? Going with my whole party into their room is just stupid since at least one of my character will be most likely dead before rest even get there.

I think your level is just too low to win this battle fairly (really this is a fight more suited to chapter 6). When you have higher level characters you will be able to beat them by moving into their room without your characters dying. You are probably right that there is no non-cheesy way to win the battle at your level.
Nivellen
Well, its not if i can with this battle fairly or not (i already skipped it for later time) but i don't find anything cheesy in trying to fight in different place than room they appear in. It suprises me that Sikret doesn't have my issue with splitting.

P.S. I forgot that i 'know' already how to get them all out of their room. Go with for example Valygar to pickup stuff then try to go back 'sneak' to rest of party parked in tunnel leading to Samia's room - they all follow me then.
leonidas
Hrm I beat them at around level 14ish with two characters by using emotion spell sequencers from scrolls.
Apsis
I'm sorry if this is mentioned before but Ray of Fragmentation does not work if it is in a Spell Sequencer cast from a scroll.
Sikret
QUOTE(Apsis @ Sep 18 2008, 03:45 AM) *
I'm sorry if this is mentioned before but Ray of Fragmentation does not work if it is in a Spell Sequencer cast from a scroll.

Please clarify what exactly happens:

- Does the spell work when it is not in a sequencer?
- Does it work when in a sequencer which is not cast from a scroll?
- When the sequencer is cast from scroll, the ray spell fires correctly but does nothing or doesn't it load in the sequencer at all?
LZJ
@Apsis:

I've just tested this out, and there aren't any problems with the Ray of Fragmentation spell when it is cast from a Spell Sequencer from a scroll.

Firstly, there are 2 versions of the Spell Sequencer scroll which don't stack with each other. I've tested it with both, and they work perfectly fine when used against an Elemental Golem (my test subject)... 3 X RoF is successfully cast from Spell Sequencers, and the RoF deals damage to Golems.

Secondly, there is a fix located somewhere on this forum for instances where the Ray of Fragmentation spell unintendedly doesn't work on certain Elemental Golems. Perhaps you could try downloading and installing that fix. I hope that solves the problem you mentioned.

Thirdly, I've noted rare instances in the distant past when I cast my Spell Trigger/Sequencer and nothing comes out. This has not happened to me for a rather long time, and I'm not sure what causes it either. If this is the case, the problem probably isn't related the scrolls.

One 'problem' which I discovered during the test earlier is that the spell casting time using the scrolls is significantly shorter than 1 round. I think there are some inconsistencies in the casting times for scrolls in general, not limited to Spell Sequencer scrolls.
Apsis
Thanks for the replies and sorry for my late reply;

OK I installed all the fixes i can find in the forum and now it seems Spell sequencer works properly. However there is still a Spell sequencer active icon on Imoen's portait and i can't cast Spell Trigger and there is nothing in the special abilities menu. Any ideas?
Arkain
Have you tried casting Spell Trigger or Minor Sequencer? You should then be able to waste the saved Spell Sequencer and cast a new one. If it's the issue I'm thinking about, that is.
Apsis
OK this fixes the problem. Thanks
Sikret
QUOTE(Apsis @ Sep 22 2008, 01:43 AM) *
However there is still a Spell sequencer active icon on Imoen's portait and i can't cast Spell Trigger and there is nothing in the special abilities menu. Any ideas?

I think this happens when the character had been dead and raised. After being raised her sequencers and triggers are wasted, though you still see the icons active and need to manually use them to clear the icons. Someone should test and confirm this for 100% certainty though. However, it has nothing to do with IA; it's a vanilla game issue.
Arkain
Yup, that's the issue I thought about. The tricky part is that you have to gain access to the special abilities menu as they're still there although not "filled" anymore.
Shadan
Well, this is not IA bug but The Four one. I used that bard ring from The Four with my blade in former run, and now I put on with my F/T. I am not sure if it is intended to use by UAI, but now it is possible. So after I put it on, and remove it with Remove Curse spell thieving button is still not usable. Is it work as it should work? My logic says when I remove it with spell, I should be able to use thieving skills again...
Sikret
It's intentional, shadan! The ring disables the thieving skills button permanently. In the item's description, it says that it disables the button. I think I should add the word "permanently" to it to avoid confusions. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.
Shadan
Thanks for clarifying. I will load back a former save and won't use this ring. smile.gif Bard can use it since he lose only pick pocket, but thief needs trap and lock skills surely.
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Oct 5 2008, 03:06 PM) *
Thanks for clarifying. I will load back a former save and won't use this ring. smile.gif Bard can use it since he lose only pick pocket, but thief needs trap and lock skills surely.

Yes, this is exactly the idea behind adding this permanent effect to the ring (i.e. to keep it useful for bards, but not for thieves who try to use it with UAI ability).
methusalar
I’ve recently started a run through of V5 and noticed a couple of strange issues:

- When I arrived at WK for the first time, the party of Helm there started casting Hold at my party. They didn’t go hostile and as soon as the protagonist was held, they stopped. Once he was free, they cast it again. As soon as I was able to speak to them, it all stopped! Any ideas?

- One of the vampires in the vampire room of Firkraag’s dungeon didn’t give any XP?

- There's a spelling mistake in the Auramaster description - it talks about 'chain lightining', rather than chain lightning.

Still a great mod though! wink.gif

Meths
Sikret
Hi, Meths!

Install the hotfixes. Their links can be found in the first post of the Progress report for v6 topic.

Cheers
Nominar
Hi, really awesome mod! Most challenging battles I've ever faced in a computer game (and the most fun and rewarding when you win!). Think I found a bug and a very annoying one. Whenever I enter Cromwell's house my ring of lock picks disappears! It's only when I enter Cromwell's house, I've been walking with that ring on Nalia for a week (ingame) at least. It is a legally obtained ring of course, got it from the traitor in the Shadow Thieves' guild. Because of this bug I can't forge the Ring of Burglary! My WeiDU log is attached.
Raven
Glad you are enjoying the mod.

We've heard of this problem before - in IA the shadow thief traitor is not supposed to have the ring but it wasn't removed from his inventory. The 'real' Ring of Lock Picks is somewhere else in the game; I'm afraid you'll have to find it before you can forge the Ring of Burglary.
Nominar
Ok good to know. Thanks for the fast reply!
critto
I think I found a bug (sorta). On the second level of spellhold (with mithril golem), in the room where we first meet minotaurs (right after the hall with doors hidden in walls) there is a container with the scroll of 'sunfire' spell. Well, the thing is, there is only one word in the description of the scroll ("Handcuffed"). This is the bug of the IA or of my game?
Sikret
Yes, it's a known v5 bug, which is already fixed in v6.

Quote from Progress report for IA v6:
- Sunfire scrolls' description fixed.

The spell's description was wrong only on the scroll though, not in the spellbook.
critto
Yes, it's a known v5 bug, which is already fixed in v6.

Indeed. Sorry, it has never occured to me to look through the fix list for the next version :)
Lycein
Hi everybody,

I'm playing with fantastic Improved Anvil, but I have a little problem : I can't make the Dragon lord, Ruin-Dragon disappear with regularity, so what can I do?
Sikret
Hi, have you installed all of the hotfixes? Their list and links can found in the Progress Report for IA v6 (it's one of the pinned topics).
Lycein
No I haven't them, no problem I take them for the next game (sorry where are they in the topic I don't find)
Sikret
The initial post in the Progress Report for IA v6

You can uninstall the mod, install the fixes (as per the instructions) and install the mod again even in your current game. There is no need to wait for the next game to install the fixes (unless you are currently very close to finishing the game in this run-through).
Dynex2
Hi,
Not sure if this is an anti-cheat mechanism, but I was unable to kill the Unseeing Eye on my first go around. So with the first half of the rod, I left the dungeon to work on other quests and hopefully, come back later when the Unseeing Eye was more malleable. However, when i came back and picked up the second part of the rod, my character died. Is this normal or perhaps an installation error on my part.

Thanks
Sikret
Hi, there must be something wrong in your installation. Copy and paste the content of your weidu.log file to your next post (it's a text file in your main BG2 folder).

I presume that you have installed the TOB official patch and Baldurdash v1.12.
Dynex2
Thanks Sikret,
I wasn't sure about if I had done a proper install. So I uninstalled and added the fixes for the other issues and re-installs. Works fine now.

Thanks for the quick response.
eripmav
It seems the mages in IA5 can fire their sequencers and triggers without aura cleansed, and even when they are unconscious. Is it intentional?

PS: I only installed IA5 mod.
Sikret
QUOTE(eripmav @ Mar 29 2009, 05:25 AM) *
It seems the mages in IA5 can fire their sequencers and triggers without aura cleansed, and even when they are unconscious.

No, mages in IA don't do such a thing.

If you have found an exceptional case in which such a thing happens, let me know which mage it is and I'll check and fix. In that case, it's most likely that the mage in question is a character who is not touched by IA and still behaves as he does in the vanilla game (even in that case, I will fix it if you report).
eripmav
Thanks for the quick response

In fact I have run into this problem almost with all the IA-modified mages, such as Yuan-ti mages, greater Yuan-ti in De'Arnise keep. They all fired a sequencer(slow, emotion, chaos) and a single emotion at almost the same time. At first I thought it is intentional, but when I was fighting with the pirates in hideout, the coordinater who is unconscious (I got him down with 3 emotions, which was quite lucky, though I didn't expect it) fired a trigger(chain lighting *3) on me...

The following text is my WieDU.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

My installation sequence: SOA+TOB+BGII-ThroneofBhaal_Patch_26498_ENGLISH+BG2ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112+IA5
Sikret
QUOTE(eripmav @ Mar 29 2009, 06:46 AM) *
In fact I have run into this problem almost with all the IA-modified mages, such as Yuan-ti mages, greater Yuan-ti in De'Arnise keep. They all fired a sequencer(slow, emotion, chaos) and a single emotion at almost the same time.

This is absolutely impossible. The Greater YuanTi in De'Arnise keep doesn't even have an Emotion spell (except the one in his sequencer) and he certainly checks for his aura to be cleansed as well as not being unconscious before firing his sequencer (I just checked again his v5 script right now before writing this).

I'm sure that all mages check for their aura before firing a secuencer or spell trigger. Few cases in which they still might fire them while unconscious might have still existed in v5 (a legacy of the vanilla game's bug) which I have fixed in v6. For example, the coordinator in pirate's hideout could still have the problem you mentioned (as I said, this is fixed in v6), but if you say that you run into that problem for all IA-modified mages, then it must be a weird local bug in your game (otherwise, IA testing team and myself should all have been blind people smile.gif )
eripmav
Thanks for the explainations.

I see, maybe the sequencer aura problem is some local problem for me. But since I did a quite clean installation, I cant imagine what caused this problem. Maybe I just have to go on with this problem...(I did the test several times with the two yuan-ti mages at the exit of first floor of spell hold, they fired a sequencer at the beginning of the battle and fired another single emotion definitely in less than 1 round. I used my own mage for the timing.)

btw, IA is the most precise mod I have played. thumb.gif Tough I regret about the modification of bards in IA6, I still cant wait for the releasing. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.