Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IA v5 bug thread
Sikret
post Nov 25 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #1

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Send them here if you find any. But before posting please make sure that you have followed the installation instruction accurately. Also, don't forget to attach a copy of your WeiDu.log file. WeiDu.log is a text file which can be found in your main BG2 folder. Either attach the file to your post or simply copy and paste its content.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Dec 10 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Typo report: Amulet of Charon's description starts with "This is a long last magical item..." I'm assuming that should be 'lost'.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 10 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #3

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Locally fixed. Thanks, Vardaman!

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
LZJ
post Dec 14 2007, 08:07 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

The Ray of Fragmentation does not seem to work on the Elemental Golem guardian of the Master Brain. Is this intentional?

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 14 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #5

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(LZJ @ Dec 14 2007, 12:37 PM) *
The Ray of Fragmentation does not seem to work on the Elemental Golem guardian of the Master Brain. Is this intentional?

No, it's not intentional. Thank you very much for reporting this issue. Here is a quick fix:

1- Uninstall the mod
2- Download the attached file and paste it into the "itm" folder (the "itm" folder is inside "ImprovedAnvil" folder in your main BG2 folder).
3- Install the mod again.

Please let me know if the problem is fully fixed.

I strongly recommend that everyone installs this fix, because some other golems also have this unintended immunity in the game and installing this fix will solve the problem for all of them at once.

This post has been edited by Sikret: Dec 14 2007, 01:09 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  dragring.itm ( 3.25k ) Number of downloads: 229

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
LZJ
post Dec 14 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #6

Forum Member

To Sikret:

I have progressed into Chapter 6, and therefore could not test the fix out on the Elemental Golem stated earlier. However, it probably works.

Before the fix:

SPOILER!
Ray of Fragmentation did not work on the Elemental Golem with the Master Brain, nor did it work on the 2 Elemental Golems with Kruin.

After the fix:

SPOILER!
The spell worked on the Elemental Golem with the Alhoon in the Illithid Hideout, located within the Temple Sewers.

This post has been edited by LZJ: Dec 14 2007, 04:13 PM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 15 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #7

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(LZJ @ Dec 14 2007, 08:42 PM) *
I have progressed into Chapter 6, and therefore could not test the fix out on the Elemental Golem stated earlier.

No problem. I tested it on him and it works.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
LZJ
post Dec 16 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

A minor typo found for the vagrant-specific quest:

SPOILER!
In the dialogue with the swanmay when I first receive the quest, one of the dialogue options reads:

2 "Do you have any idea where to look for the tresure or the thief?"

Treasure is misspelt.

Also, minor typo discovered in the dialogue for the upgrade of the Long Sword +4. "further" spelt as "furthere".

This post has been edited by LZJ: Dec 16 2007, 07:33 PM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 17 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #9

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Typos locally fixed. Thanks, LZJ!

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Dec 17 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #10

Forum Member

Typo report: The Noble Efreet says 'Efreeeti' in one of his dialogues.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 17 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #11

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(Vardaman @ Dec 17 2007, 07:18 PM) *
Typo report: The Noble Efreet says 'Efreeeti' in one of his dialogues.

Perhaps he was referring to a 'big' efreeti. biggrin.gif

Locally fixed. Thanks!

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
LZJ
post Dec 17 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #12

Forum Member

Typo report:

In the description of the Axe of the Lakesider, "adornments" in the 2nd line is spelt incorrectly as "adornmets".

On a separate note (not a bug), I was expecting much more treasure considering the sacrifice I had to make. sad.gif

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Dec 20 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #13

Forum Member

Another small thing, you fixed the Mace of Disruption +2 to go back to the +1 picture (thanks!), but I think you forgot to change the BAM referenced under the Melee ability of the item. Everything looks fine when you're in the inventory screen but then when you put it in your Quick Weapon slot, it looks like the plain Mace +1's BAM from the main gameplay screen.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 20 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #14

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(Vardaman @ Dec 20 2007, 07:19 AM) *
Another small thing, you fixed the Mace of Disruption +2 to go back to the +1 picture (thanks!), but I think you forgot to change the BAM referenced under the Melee ability of the item. Everything looks fine when you're in the inventory screen but then when you put it in your Quick Weapon slot, it looks like the plain Mace +1's BAM from the main gameplay screen.

Will change for the next version. Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
leonidas
post Dec 24 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #15

Forum Member

Small thing.......but I noticed you tweaked the enchantment level of some weapons: daystar, hammer of giantkin etc.

Anyways, in my game they were striking at the enchantment level dictated by the damage bonus, rather than the inflated level present in the vanilla game (daystar and the hammer of giantkin both strike as +4 in the vanilla game, whereas in IA 5.0 they are +2 and +1 respectively (i think)).

Thing is, all the weapon descriptions still mention the old enchantment level. They say something along the lines of "x weapon is considered +4 when determining what it can hit". Off the top of my head I can think of daystar, flametongue, and the hammer of giantkin that have this description yet don't actually have the ability to hit as +4 any more (i noticed when I was trying to kill the demilich).

There are a few other weapons, like the root of the problem, that have an abnormal ability to strike, but I don't know what's been tweaked and what hasn't.

Actually, I'm assuming this is deliberate: is it? tongue.gif

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 24 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #16

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Hi, leonidas!

Nice to read from you again.

Have you possibly installed the game text update of Baldurdash? If so, it is culprit for the inconsistent descriptions.

Cheers

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
leonidas
post Dec 24 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #17

Forum Member

Heh, hello again, sikret biggrin.gif

Well, naturally I could not resist a new release of IA.

Hrm, so the Baldurdash text update is the culprit, I'll give it a miss next time.

Quote Post
Ryel ril Ers
post Dec 31 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #18

Forum Member

The detect evil spell started some script.

I go against the Mencar's party and i cast a detect evil before i enter to the room, and sorcerer amon cast a protection of fire, without see the party, his other protection activated later when he see us. I don't try any other opponent yet.

--------------------
My experiences in IA 5.0
PART I updated: 2008.08.06.

Hungarian water polo history
God bless our boys and rest in peace György Kolonics!!!

Quote Post
Raven
post Dec 31 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Senior Mod Tester
Tactical reputation: 4

Are you sure that wouldn't have happened without Detect Evil? Could you try reloading and entering the area without casting the spell?

Quote Post
Ryel ril Ers
post Dec 31 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #20

Forum Member

Raven:
You are right. Only happened that Keldorn and Amon cast his spells at the same time. smile.gif
I try it twice, but i dont think to wait without cast, sorry.

This post has been edited by Ryel ril Ers: Dec 31 2007, 03:53 PM

--------------------
My experiences in IA 5.0
PART I updated: 2008.08.06.

Hungarian water polo history
God bless our boys and rest in peace György Kolonics!!!

Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:41 PM