Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v5 bug thread
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sikret
QUOTE(Mongerman @ Jan 28 2008, 07:37 PM) *
So there is no need to manually delete the IA folder like when we do a update from a older version, just run the IA uninstallation, copy the files, and run installation again?

Yes, you shouldn't manually delete anything. While pasting the files in the appropriate folders, it will ask whether you want to replace and you should reply 'yes'.
Ryel ril Ers
What does the rod of gods doing in IA 5? I used it on the unseeing eye but he not effected to it. (He remained uninjured).
Sikret
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 31 2008, 07:32 PM) *
What does the rod of gods doing in IA 5? I used it on the unseeing eye but he not effected to it. (He remained uninjured).

If you mean the Rift Device, the item works seamlessly on the Unseeing Eye, but it doesn't hurt any other creature. See the readme again.

If it didn't work properly in your game, that must be because you have cheated. The item's functionality has been tested repeatedly and it works fine if the player does not cheat.
Ryel ril Ers
I setup the debug mode for my game because i wondered how strong my multiplayer will be, but i loaded my game. I also also change my party in multiplayer mode once because i installed the ease of use multiplayer npc part what is incompatible with IA (i found that line too late sad.gif). Possible that is the source of the problem?
This is no problem in that case i deafet that thing in brute force once. What is possible source of the problem?

When i used it on the Eye the animation appaered but his hp didn't change.
Sikret
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 31 2008, 08:36 PM) *
I setup the debug mode for my game because i wondered how strong my multiplayer will be, but i loaded my game. I also also change my party in multiplayer mode once because i installed the ease of use multiplayer npc part what is incompatible with IA (i found that line too late sad.gif ). Possible that is the source of the problem?

No.

What is possible source of the problem?

When i used it on the Eye the animation appaered but his hp didn't change.

How did you gain the rift device? If you gain the item without cheat and use it on the creature when it appears for the battle (no matter when during the battle), it will work properly. As I said, it's been tested.

You didn't install anything after IA, did you?
Ryel ril Ers
I see my Weidu log:

CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~WIDESCREEN\WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? ->
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

I speak with Gaal and after the blind man near the lich. I go down the underground city and i defeated the deamon with a cure light wounds bhaal power. He gave the first part of the device. I return to gaal and entered the pit and after i defeated the ghoul lord i purified the beholder lair. When i pick up the second half of the defice my journal updated and the whole device appaered in my inventory. The Eye come to kill me but i didn't fear because i had the device, but it didn't work. I will load my previous saves and try to explore the source of the bug.
Sikret
Are you sure that it hasn't worked? Perhaps, you paused the game too quickly after using the item to check the creature's health status. Use the item, give it one or two seconds (after the animation) to do its job and then check whether the creature is uninjured or Near Death.

You haven't installed any mod after IA and I'm 100% sure that the item works seamlessly in my own game; so it should work fine in your game too. Test again and let me know the result.
Raven
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 31 2008, 05:19 PM) *
...He gave the first part of the device. I return to gaal and entered the pit...

Did you actually talk to Gaal after getting the first part of the rod?
Sikret
QUOTE(Raven @ Jan 31 2008, 10:11 PM) *
...He gave the first part of the device. I return to gaal and entered the pit...

Gaal or Tad?
Raven
QUOTE(Sikret @ Jan 31 2008, 05:45 PM) *
QUOTE(Raven @ Jan 31 2008, 10:11 PM) *

Gaal or Tad?

I meant Gaal; I was thinking something weird could have happened if Ryel had talked to Gaal after Tad but before going down into the pit. I vaguely remember in the past that I've been able to get the Unseeing Eye to actually spawn twice, once in the beholder lair area and once in the cult domain by doing this (maybe this is fixed in IA I don't recall). I thought maybe Ryel had accidentally caused something like this to happen, which may have screwed up the rod's effects.

I think Ryel probably meant to say he'd talked to Tad, but I wanted to check anyway.

Ryel ril Ers
I confused with the names:
first i talk with the cult leader
i talk with the blind man near the lich
i get the rod
i talked with the man who defend the entrance of the pit and i said the password (if i remember correctly i didn't speak anybody else after i had the first half of rod)
Raven
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Jan 31 2008, 09:43 PM) *
I confused with the names:
first i talk with the cult leader
i talk with the blind man near the lich
i get the rod
i talked with the man who defend the entrance of the pit and i said the password (if i remember correctly i didn't speak anybody else after i had the first half of rod)

OK that's fine. Ignore my last post, I was thinking along the wrong lines.
Shadan
I have a problem in Deirex's House. When I loot all of the chest, and loot gems last, Mystery of third colour quest final talk initiated. If I answer correctly, the girl tepelorts in, I got reward but, but her teleport interrupts my teleport to Jarlaxle. If I loot only gems, teleport to Jarlaxle activates, but when I come back, I cannot intitate a a talk with petrified boy. So I cannot finish both quest together. What shall I do? Or its it a bug?
Vardaman
QUOTE(shadan @ Feb 6 2008, 01:41 PM) *
I have a problem in Deirex's House. When I loot all of the chest, and loot gems last, Mystery of third colour quest final talk initiated. If I answer correctly, the girl tepelorts in, I got reward but, but her teleport interrupts my teleport to Jarlaxle. If I loot only gems, teleport to Jarlaxle activates, but when I come back, I cannot intitate a a talk with petrified boy. So I cannot finish both quest together. What shall I do? Or its it a bug?

I don't understand. Can't you just initiate and finish the mystery of the 3rd color and then loot the gems?
Shadan
Hmm, it solved. I waited for 1 min and mistery of 3rd colour last talk didn't started. But you were right Vardaman, when I moved very close to the guy, conversation started in 1-2 mins.
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Feb 7 2008, 03:04 AM) *
when I moved very close to the guy, conversation started in 1-2 mins.

I'm sure you meant 1-2 seconds smile.gif .
Shadan
Maybe I am too impatient, but surely was more than 1-2 secs. smile.gif
Anyway, when I looted lich's gems, talk was initiated from there, so I waited and expected to start talk from a bit farer than it started. Probably this was the problem. Anyway, you can delete these posts, since they are wink.gif useless.
nicoper
don't know if it is a bug
SPOILER!
First time I was in WK lvl 4, I forgot to take demilich
Went back much later on, in chap 7 just before going to tree of life because I missed a precious vagrant item and realized there was still one place to look for..
Did the travelback toWK lvl4 and:
Afterkilling the 2 golems, no attack can damage the demilich (even hammer of thor), I spent a huge time there (37 rounds), till the end of my death wards stock, without protection I ended imprisonned.
Is it a bug or is there anything else to do apart killling the golems so that you can hit the demilich?

thank's for the reply
Sikret
@nicoper

SPOILER!

After killing the golems, you should be able to damage the demi-lich. Noone else has reported such an issue before. Please reload and try it again and let me know the result. Golems should be killed without cheat of course.
nicoper
I have tried to reload many times from chap 6-7 , same result
But (don't know if it helps) all my saves were after reaching wk level 5
previous save too long before wk lvl 4 (I would spend hours reaching it)
Is there anything I can do to check what's wrong ?
thank you
Sikret
I sent you a PM, nicoper!

EDIT: We examined nicoper's problem via PMs and it was due to installing an incompatible mod.
Shadan
To make an Eternal Melody costs 125000 gold, while item.txt says 100000 gold. I think it was 100000 in v4.
Caedwyr
SPPRI12.spl has a Graphics: Lighting Effects [141] [0x0 0xe] in the first level extended header, but not in any of the other extended headers, meaning the lighting effects will not play for any caster who is not first level. This is either a leftover, or something missing from the other headers.
Sikret
Thanks for reporting it, Caedwyr. It's not a bug; the lightning effect is not important (it merely creates a very brief visual effect on the spell's recipient similar to what you see after drinking a potion). However, I'll either omit that one or will add it to other headers too. Thanks again.

EDIT: Well, actually, I don't even need to touch the spell at all, because you will never have a 1st level character casting that spell. It's as if the lightning visual effect had never been there.
Caedwyr
Typo:

@352 = ~Powdered Body of Dracolich

The dracolich is an undead creature resulting from the unnatural transformation of an evil dragon. Dracolich has the abilities of the original dragon plus the immunities of a lich. The body of a destroyed dracolich (except its skin) crumbles into a foul-smelling powder; this powder can be used as a component for creating magical items.~

Should be have
Raven
QUOTE(Caedwyr @ Mar 21 2008, 02:32 AM) *
Typo:

@352 = ~Powdered Body of Dracolich

The dracolich is an undead creature resulting from the unnatural transformation of an evil dragon. Dracolich has the abilities of the original dragon plus the immunities of a lich. The body of a destroyed dracolich (except its skin) crumbles into a foul-smelling powder; this powder can be used as a component for creating magical items.~

Should be have

I think to be correct it should either read 'Dracoliches have...' or 'A dracolich has...'
Sikret
Will change to "A dracolich has ...". Thanks guys.
Arkain
Well, when we're at it anyway:

A dracolich is the result of the unnatural transformation of an evil dragon into a lich like creature. Dracoliches have the abilities of the original dragon and the immunities of a lich. The body of a destroyed dracolich (except it's skin) crumbles into a foul-smelling powder which can be used as a component for creating magical items.

How about this?
Sikret
I wonder why you suggest to change "its skin" to "it's skin" (the latter is the short form of "it is skin").
Arkain
Last second thought concerning the possessive apostrophe closedeyes.gif
"its skin" will do 'its' job just fine.
Vuki
I fighted against the Vampire Lord (or whatsoever he is called, he is the master of Dace) and hje was without any challenge. It happened because his script seemed to be a bit stupid (and it could happened because of a bug).

SPOILER!
He did not change target during the whole battle. He tried to attack first my barbarian but I attacked him back immediately with my character who hold the Amulet of Power. Then he changed to this character and he did not change target anymore even when I attack him with my whole party. He did not notice that the target he attacked was immune to his level drain (I am sure he has this ability smile.gif ). He seems to attack the character who first damage him.

Sikret, could you please modify the description of some spells (ok, it is a vanilla game bug but I do not want to create a new post)? Minor Globe of Invulnerability and Globe of Invulnerability description is wrong. It mentioned that you can remove them by a succesful dispel magic whioch is not true. Could you please also modify the description of Greater Restoriation? The mentioned area of effect is one target and of course it affects the whole party.
Sikret
QUOTE(Vuki @ Jul 14 2008, 12:31 PM) *
I fighted against the Vampire Lord (or whatsoever he is called, he is the master of Dace) and hje was without any challenge. It happened because his script seemed to be a bit stupid (and it could happened because of a bug).

SPOILER!
He did not change target during the whole battle. He tried to attack first my barbarian but I attacked him back immediately with my character who hold the Amulet of Power. Then he changed to this character and he did not change target anymore even when I attack him with my whole party. He did not notice that the target he attacked was immune to his level drain (I am sure he has this ability smile.gif ). He seems to attack the character who first damage him.

Not only the script of the Vampire Lord in spellhold, but also the scripts of all vampires of the game are considerably improved in IA v6. The improvement is not something simple (such as just ignoring targets who are immune to level drain); they use a more complex script in v6 which lets them to give some prioirty to targets who are not immune to level drain while still considering to attack even targets who are immune to level drain, because after all, their attacks does physical damage as well and they should not just stand there if everyone in the area is immune to level drain.

Needless to mention that just like in v5, they will still be smart enough not to allow the player to fool them by keeping them at the threshold of a door using a character who is immune to level drain and another character who is not immune to level drain in their line of sight. If they see that their way to hit the other charcater is blocked, they won't just stand there doing nothing. It's of course the same even in v5 (I just mentioned it as a reminder). But in general, vampires' scripts in v6 will be a lot better than what you see in v5.

Sikret, could you please modify the description of some spells (ok, it is a vanilla game bug but I do not want to create a new post)? Minor Globe of Invulnerability and Globe of Invulnerability description is wrong. It mentioned that you can remove them by a succesful dispel magic whioch is not true. Could you please also modify the description of Greater Restoriation? The mentioned area of effect is one target and of course it affects the whole party.

Thanks for reminding it to me. Yes, it's a vanilla game issue; I will fix the descriptions in v6.
Kerkes
Just noticed... in copper coronet, the fight before tabitha and beastmaster those figh/mages which summon spiders and like to cast confusion usually cast fireshield, no? I had 2 enraged berserkers engage them. They didn' bother wasting confusion on them, but fireshields did't kick in either.
Raven
QUOTE(Kerkes @ Jul 22 2008, 10:33 PM) *
Just noticed... in copper coronet, the fight before tabitha and beastmaster those figh/mages which summon spiders and like to cast confusion usually cast fireshield, no? I had 2 enraged berserkers engage them. They didn' bother wasting confusion on them, but fireshields did't kick in either.

They don't always cast Fireshield; it's not part of their prebuff routine and whether they cast it in the battle is affected by several factors. So it's perfectly normal for them to not cast it.
Kerkes
That 2-h sword upgrade (warblade+lilarcor). Don't know about Cespenar, but Cromwell does the upgrade without 2 +3 2h swords. Therefore, he only needs lilarcor and warblade.
Draconis & Abazigal.SPOILER!
Don't know if this is a bug, but it pretty much ruins both fights. Those weapons which cause bleeding damage for some rounds still hurt them after they change into dragon forms. Could that be fixed somehow, by making a new creature appear, completly cured/healed of all ill effects like bleeding? Their first form is very good, so you'd expect you'll actually need to hit a dragon to kill him.

Sendai. In my first try she killed half of my party, so I reloaded (it was a great battle, she's awsome). Next time, after killing her defences, she stood idle. Didn't fire a spell, a HLA, nothing while everybody was beating the hell out of her. Cernd actually finished her with his staff:).
Those spiders in sendai's enclave. I killed every single one of them, and still couldn't exit area. Had to go for that slavemaster... I read that spiders are improved, but I haven't noticed anything different from vanilla. Maybe that big spider Lasha or something survived 5 secs longer, but othervise no.
Weapons like wave halberd and poseidon's wrath. Had to reload on Yaga because of that "ice crashing effect" when you kill someone, you loose all the loot that he has but a few not so useful items and some gold. Please fix that! Makes a few very powerful weapons "not so hot choice" for killing bosses (if you want the loot, that is) Same would apply for level drain kill. I don't know if that can be fixed, but it's very annoying.
Raven
QUOTE(Kerkes @ Jul 24 2008, 10:58 PM) *
That 2-h sword upgrade (warblade+lilarcor). Don't know about Cespenar, but Cromwell does the upgrade without 2 +3 2h swords. Therefore, he only needs lilarcor and warblade.

You're right, we actually spotted this already. Only one of the Warblade upgrade options checks for the +3 two-handed swords.

You'll have to wait for Sikret to answer the other issues. I think he'll be back online tomorrow.
Kerkes
It's not a bug about spiders...It was the first time I didn't finish both of them, that's ok, not a bug. My mistake.
I don't know if this is a bug, but I do hope it is and there is a patch for it: JD sword parts are not included into the Item Randomizer, right?
I found mage half ONE time only. With a Vagrant protagonist. I played about a dozed times with Vagrant, and never found it, just once. I always find barbarian half in the same place, so I think it's a bug. Please help about this!

Sikret
Have you installed all of the fixes? Their links can be found in the first post in the "Progress Report for IA v6" topic.
Kerkes
Did now. tnx!
Shadan
Spell description (fresh BG2, with only EoU, IA and The Four) says about mage Prot. from Fire it gives 50% fire res, while fixes.txt says it is changed to 100 %. I am not sure what is with Prot. from Cold, description says 50%.
Sikret
QUOTE(shadan @ Aug 18 2008, 08:30 PM) *
Spell description (fresh BG2, with only EoU, IA and The Four) says about mage Prot. from Fire it gives 50% fire res, while fixes.txt says it is changed to 100 %.

No, you have confused a few things which each other. The spell's description says that the spell confers total immunity to fire, which is correct. It also says that the spell confers +50% resistance to magical fire damage, which is correct as well. However, magical fire damage is a different damage type than fire damage (the former has never been used in the game, so the +50% resistance to that damage type has no practical consequences in the game).

What the fixes&tweaks document says is that the spell is changed to *set* resistance to fire at 100% rather than adding 100% to fire resistance which was the spell's function in the vanilla game. It's all about resistance to fire (not resistance to magical fire).

I am not sure what is with Prot. from Cold, description says 50%.

It's the same for Protection From Cold as well.
Shadan
Hmm, thanks for clarifying this, Sikret. I don't understand this wierd thing about normal and magical fire. If magical fire is not used in the game, it should be omitted from character cheets and spell descriptions... But I understand you have better and more important things to do. smile.gif
leonidas
Or perhaps add in some magical fire damage eh?
lroumen
You can't because the game can crash if the magical fire damage deals the final killing blow.
LZJ
I think I've recalled another minor issue with Contingency in IA v5... it can trigger (its triggering and not the casting of the spell which I haven't tested yet) in a certain area where it probably should not:

SPOILER!
The Trademeet Tomb.
SpellStorm
Contingency and Chain Contingency had always worked in Dead Magic Zones. I mean specifically the ones inside Watcher's Keep, the Teleport Maze.

The Trademeet Tomb in IA 5.0 is also a Dead Magic Zone.
LZJ
Hmm I'm not sure if this qualifies as an important bug, or even one that is IA specific, but I've noticed it's effects on 2 IA items, namely Phosphorous and Grandmaster of Assassins.

For Phosphorous, I find that when I'm wielding it off-hand and I have another Strength-setting item like the Gauntlets of Ogre Power equipped, the game might not set my Strength using Phosphorous, but the other equipped item... in the case of the Gantlets of Ogre Strength, it would be 18/00.

For GoA, this bug would come about if I am wearing Boots of Speed and have GoA equipped in the off-hand. The number of attacks I have would be set according to the Haste effect instead of the Improved Haste.

This bug is easily solved by re-equipping the said weapon, or by not having the conflicting equipment (Gauntlets of Ogre Strength, Boots of Haste as described above) equipped at all.

As I said, it's probably a minor issue and probably not important. smile.gif Just thought I should mention it.
Sikret
There is nothing to be done about equipping multiple items which grant str. bonuses (by setting str. to specific numbers) and the way they stack with each other. It's something in the vanilla game which can't be modded.

The dagger's Imp. Haste is omitted in v6, so the problem is automatically resloved.
LZJ
The dagger's Imp. Haste is omitted in v6, so the problem is automatically resloved.

That's rather disappointing. Now there's only one item granting permanent Improved Haste. I guess it had to be done though, for rebalancing issues.
leonidas
Another minor thing but I might as well report it: baron metrich of the 2nd paladin quest uses his fists to fight despite having 2 long swords on his body when you dispose of him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.