Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v6.2 discussion
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
critto
So, the v6.1 is out. Most notable change is a step towards new platform, internal re-design and full (I hope) support for BG2EE. That means that IA should now install and play with any distribution of BG2:EE on any platform. I personally developed and tested it on Mac OS X, with the Beamdog's official distribution. Nicoper, whom I want to thank for helping me with testing and pushing this version out, did tests on Windows, although I have no idea which version exactly did he use.

Anyhow, with BG2:EE come two new good-aligned NPCs who are tweaked to be serious choices for a party member. To facilitate that we did a nice overhaul of the Monk class. It's kind of a beta so keep in mind that your experiences may vary. But should be fun nonetheless.

There is no new tactical content added to the BG2EE content, but the potential is there and, hopefully, we can explore it in the future builds.

There's also some miscellaneous stuff done here and there but the major things are listed above.

I took a liberty of assuming a different approach towards development, with shorter but faster releases. Hopefully, this will bring us towards IAv7 quicker. Afterwards, we'll see.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

EDIT: this was converted into primary discussion thread for 6.2
nicoper
I tested on Windows 8.1
Hideous the Wu Jen
Great work critto! I'm trying it out now and will let you know if I come across anything. The new Monk classes look superb and I can't wait for you to drop more content whenever that time comes.
critto
Thanks! Looking forward to the feedback :-)
Azoth
Was fighting the Noble Troll in front of the Troll Mound and casted Horror on this bunch, no effect of course but the "in fear" symbol was shown on them. Just a cosmetic thing...
critto
OK, thanks! I'll check it out.
Hideous the Wu Jen
This is my first experience with BG2:EE and I'm really liking all the new content. However, I have some goofy things going on so far...

Remove Magic won't dispel Mirror Image on enemy mages that aren't protected from Divination.
The Pirate Coordinator cast Breach 4 times on my Berserker>Cleric in an effort to dispel PfFire that I had from a potion. It was only dispelled once he cast remove magic.
Then the Pirate Coordinator cast RRoR on my Kensai twice. I wonder if that had something to do with him wearing the Brooch of Vagrant Blades and somehow the mage sees it as a spell turning type of spell.
critto
Could you send me a save to check those issues out more closely?
Krell
QUOTE(Hideous the Wu Jen @ Jun 10 2015, 03:58 PM) *
Remove Magic won't dispel Mirror Image on enemy mages that aren't protected from Divination.

...but Remove Magic can and will be completely stopped by Spell Immunity Abjuration with the "spell ineffective" message. There is a number of mages who run both Spell Immunity Abjuration and Mirror Image. Perhaps this is your case.
critto
The Pirate Coordinator cast Breach 4 times on my Berserker>Cleric in an effort to dispel PfFire that I had from a potion. It was only dispelled once he cast remove magic.
I don't think this is related to the potion, but I've seen similar results on my own tests. A cleric from random encounter (Suna Seni) has cast breach on Anomen who had nothing by DUHM active.

Then the Pirate Coordinator cast RRoR on my Kensai twice. I wonder if that had something to do with him wearing the Brooch of Vagrant Blades and somehow the mage sees it as a spell turning type of spell.

Here I am not sure if it's the Brooch. Is the problem reproducible with another character who has the Brooch equipped? Was there anything else going on with your Kensai?
critto

Did your B->C have Death Ward or Blade Barrier active? These are viable reasons for Pirate Coord. to cast Breach on him.

EDIT: the Kensai issue is due to the Brooch. I think the item will be tweaked to do something else. Reworking all the scripts is too problematic at the moment.
Hideous the Wu Jen
QUOTE(Krell @ Jun 10 2015, 08:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Hideous the Wu Jen @ Jun 10 2015, 03:58 PM) *

...but Remove Magic can and will be completely stopped by Spell Immunity Abjuration with the "spell ineffective" message. There is a number of mages who run both Spell Immunity Abjuration and Mirror Image. Perhaps this is your case.

Actually I worded that incorrectly...They were protected from Divination - not Abjuration.
Hideous the Wu Jen
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 10 2015, 02:17 PM) *

Did your B->C have Death Ward or Blade Barrier active? These are viable reasons for Pirate Coord. to cast Breach on him.

EDIT: the Kensai issue is due to the Brooch. I think the item will be tweaked to do something else. Reworking all the scripts is too problematic at the moment.

Ah okay. I won't use the Brooch for now since that could be a major abuse.

No DW or BB but my B>C did have DUHM active like you mentioned with Suna, I believe.
critto
Actually I worded that incorrectly...They were protected from Divination - not Abjuration.

I'm not sure I understand correctly what exactly had happened. Your char was protected with MI and SI:Div, and Remove Magic didn't dispel any of those? If so then it's perfectly normal. There's always a chance that Remove Magic doesn't "take", so to speak (5%, I think).

As for DUHM, I'll check it out. EDIT: found the issue and fixed it for 6.2
Azoth
Just have access to "Dispel Magic" at the moment. Hopefully similar rules are applying to "Remove Magic"...
Your char was protected with MI and SI:Div, and Remove Magic didn't dispel any of those? If so then it's perfectly normal. There's always a chance that Remove Magic doesn't "take", so to speak (5%, I think).

Description says: There is always at least 1% chance of failure or success. But MI and up to 10th lvl effects from items potions are always dispelled.
Azoth
Hmmm...fighting the Astral Shard Guardian atm. Fired a "Dispel Magic" on him to dispel MI (he also has SI:Div on). Message says: Dispel effects, but MI animation is still running. Interestingly he fired his Minor Sequencer (MI + Blur) immediately. Dont know whether MI was dispelled or not...?

Btw, this guardian is a pain for my 450k XP party dry.gif
critto
Hmmm...fighting the Astral Shard Guardian atm. Fired a "Dispel Magic" on him to dispel MI (he also has SI:Div on). Message says: Dispel effects, but MI animation is still running. Interestingly he fired his Minor Sequencer (MI + Blur) immediately. Dont know whether MI was dispelled or not...?

I've tried to reproduce this problem locally and, curiously enough, MI gets dispelled every time and SI:Div remains running even though "Dispel Effects" message pops up.
Azoth
Thanks critto. I'll observe MI behaviour during my game.

Couldn't beat Astral Shard Guardian. Postponed...

Another one wink.gif
How is the charisma influence on shop prices supposed to work? Lets say that i want to buy Nymph cloak with PC (char 18, rep 16) for 39960 gold. When i use a friend spell char is boosted to 24 and there should be discount of 10%, but for me its still 39960. What am i doing wrong? Sry, didn't play for a long time tongue.gif
critto
To be honest, I haven't got the slightest idea. I've never really bothered with high charisma in my games. Plus, in IA shops are streamlined to give the same prices more or less everywhere. Perhaps, this has its influence as well. I'll investigate this when I have the chance and see if I can give you a better answer.
Azoth
Used the search function and found a post by Raven:
The charisma discount maxes out at 20 (so cha 21-25 does nothing extra), and it's something like a 20-25% discount. It also works along with the rep discount, I think the maximum discount with rep 20 and cha 20 is around 45%. Easiest way to get cha 20 is have a mage with base cha of 14+ cast the Friends spell, but even if you can't get up to 20 it's worth having the highest cha character up in the top portrait spot for shopping.

Apparently, it doesn't matter who is talking to the shopkeeper but the charisma value of the "leader" does matter. Leader means the one with the portrait at the top. Will check later...

Yes, its working.
chaser
Swash/Fighter can use the weapons that single-class thief can't,it is normal,but using them will cause game crash…

Sorry,it is my BGMain's problem,I replace it with a new one and it doesn't happen…
lroumen
Just mentioning that Sunia (spelling?) Party can trigger when leaving athkatla. This is a bg2ee change seemingly.
I think you also encountered this in your noreload? Luckily they are a pushover with my default party and spells.
critto
Yes, this is a novelty of BG2EE, apparently. What is your party, btw?
lroumen
At that time: necromancer, dwarven defender, riskbreaker, swashbuckler, anomen, jaheira.

I am using jaheiras slot to swap in and out joinables that have some easy quests finally settling with jan and the swashbuckler is replaced with valygar.
critto
I am using jaheiras slot to swap in and out joinables that have some easy quests finally settling with jan and the swashbuckler is replaced with valygar.

Why Jan? multi-class mage/thief is not exactly the most winning combination at the moment in IA.
nicoper
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 24 2015, 09:02 AM) *

Why Jan? multi-class mage/thief is not exactly the most winning combination at the moment in IA.

May be because with Necro/RB/dwarven Defender/Valygar you can basically finish IA with whoever you pick on the 2 remaining slots biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
lroumen
I need someone to pick locks, find traps, and I need another mage. Nalia lacks that somewhat. I do not actually know what the hla changes are for a t/m multi.... I did not spot anything in the documentation. (Info on hla changes is a bit lacking. ..).

Anomen is a cleric that I need (want) for greater restoration. I could have chosen an r/c but I have done that so many times before. I also ran without greater restoration and had cernd instead but I am a bit tired of him too. Maybe the next run in v6.2/7.

Now I am experimenting with these two. No idea if it is going to be good.
Azoth
Conster by himself is not a challenge but the Skeleton Lords are dry.gif

SPOILER!
Power Word, Silence has a casting time of 1, so it hits him directly before his defense is up. He doesnt do much when silenced. The second wave of Skeleton Lords comes fast, even when Conster is already dead...

//edit
These Skeleton Lords are really tough. They even hit -16AC when rolling a 4 and have 6 or more APR, so MI and Stoneskin is down very fast. Unfortunately i cannot kill them fast enough. Are there more than 4 waves? I think i need to postpone that fight dry.gif
critto
These Skeleton Lords are really tough. They even hit -16AC when rolling a 4 and have 6 or more APR, so MI and Stoneskin is down very fast. Unfortunately i cannot kill them fast enough. Are there more than 4 waves? I think i need to postpone that fight

No, only three or four. This is a good battle to use oils of resurgence for your warriors.

EDIT: do you use EE or vanilla (I forget)? Strange thing with Conster and Silence, he has Vocalize in his arsenal. He doesn't cast it?
Azoth
Conster and his gang are history. Champions Strength on RB wielding FoA made the difference (improved his Thaco by 5 and i was able to finish wave by wave).

EDIT: do you use EE or vanilla (I forget)? Strange thing with Conster and Silence, he has Vocalize in his arsenal. He doesn't cast it?

I'm using EE. Will have a look into it later...
nicoper
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jun 25 2015, 07:53 PM) *
These Skeleton Lords are really tough. They even hit -16AC when rolling a 4 and have 6 or more APR, so MI and Stoneskin is down very fast. Unfortunately i cannot kill them fast enough. Are there more than 4 waves? I think i need to postpone that fight dry.gif

for skeletons: (Could give better advice if I knew your party)
oils of resurgence (as critto also aid), take 2
summons (Bears if you can)
potions of defense or invulnerability (if you have RB or Kensaï)
Blunt weapons +2 or more of course

Try to focus on one skeleton at a time, this way it goes down fast, thern the other (kept occupied by summons)
Ideal tempo is to eliminate a wave before next one.

You can also fight them in the narrow corridor (between Dragon lair entry and room where Conster spawns) if you are overwhelmed (in close quarte it is a very bad thing)
Azoth
@critto
Conster's defense:
Spell Turning
Protection from Electricity
Protection from Cold
Protection from Magic Energy
Fire Shield (blue)
Minor Globe of Invulnerability
Immunity Abjuration

I dont see "Vocalize"

@nicoper
My party: Necro, RB, RB, R/C multi, B9/M, Cernd. First time ever playing a multi and a dual char for me biggrin.gif
Conster is already history. 2x Potion of invulnerability on RBs, IH of RBs, Champion's Strength on RB wielding FoA , R/C with Holy Power/Righteous Magic/DUHM and some Stonekins+MIs made it for me

Just a question to R/C multi: The ranger spells will become available according to ranger's spell progression, do they? So, lvl 3 druidic spells access only when reaching lvl12? I need Call Lightning...
And another one to B9/M: Can he put more than one star into profiencies after reaching mage lvl 10?

Sry for my noobishness ph34r.gif

Krell
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jun 26 2015, 09:33 PM) *
@critto
Conster's defense:
Spell Turning
Protection from Electricity
Protection from Cold
Protection from Magic Energy
Fire Shield (blue)
Minor Globe of Invulnerability
Immunity Abjuration

I dont see "Vocalize"

What critto meant was that Conster should have the Vocalize spell memorized, and cast it to counteract the silence. Vocalize is probably the only spell that can be cast under (normal) Silence. Well, except for Contingency and Chain Contingency.
A side note for the Skeleton Lords - they are vulnerable to Fire, so if you present to them only a mage with multiple ProMW and a Fireshield:Red, the Skeleton Lords will die in a turn or so from the Fireshield's damage. However, since you're having so big of a problem vs puny Lords, I can't imagine what it would be for you when you have to face multiple Warlords or Grandlords in the future.

QUOTE(Azoth @ Jun 26 2015, 09:33 PM) *
@nicoper

Just a question to R/C multi: The ranger spells will become available according to ranger's spell progression, do they? So, lvl 3 druidic spells access only when reaching lvl12? I need Call Lightning...
And another one to B9/M: Can he put more than one star into profiencies after reaching mage lvl 10?

You will actually get the druidic spell slots according to your clerical levels, simply because priest/druid spell levels occupy one and the same spellbook. That's the reason why R/C also get spells like Ironskins and Creeping Doom, which normal rangers don't have access to at all. However, I am unsure at what level the spells will actually be cast. Rangers (and Paladins) cast their priest spells at 8 levels below a cleric/druid of the same level. Meaning a 12-th level ranger will cast Call Lightning with the same power as a 4th level druid.

A B-M dual obeys the same rules as a single-class fighter, concerning APR and weapon proficiencies. So yes, you can put 5-stars in any weapon after you regain your Berserker levels. Also, you may actually not level up after mage level 5 (40 000 xp), wait until you accumulate xp for mage level 10 (250 000 xp), that way you won't lose the proficiency point which the mage gets at level 6, and you will be able to distribute it to something far more important than a quarterstaff or dagger.
SparrowJacek
In vanilla he gets all druidic/clerical spells when leveling up as cleric, so you need... 5'th level of cleric to get 3'rd level druidic spells

Yes, when you have berserker's class unlocked you can put up to 5 stars
Azoth
What critto meant was that Conster should have the Vocalize spell memorized, and cast it to counteract the silence. Vocalize is probably the only spell that can be cast under (normal) Silence. Well, except for Contingency and Chain Contingency.
Ah ok. No clue whether he has Vocalize in his spellbook or not, at least he didn't cast it.

A side note for the Skeleton Lords - they are vulnerable to Fire, so if you present to them only a mage with multiple ProMW and a Fireshield:Red, the Skeleton Lords will die in a turn or so from the Fireshield's damage. However, since you're having so big of a problem vs puny Lords, I can't imagine what it would be for you when you have to face multiple Warlords or Grandlords in the future.

Hehe, i'm hoping for the Learning Curve wink.gif Let's see how it goes. Thanks for the fireshield hint!

In vanilla he gets all druidic/clerical spells when leveling up as cleric, so you need... 5'th level of cleric to get 3'rd level druidic spells
Hmm...my R9/C10 multi does have 5th lvl cleric spells, but no lvl 3 druidic spells (Call Lightning, Summon Insects,...,), no lvl 2 (Good Berries, Speak with animals,...). ?!?

Also, you may actually not level up after mage level 5 (40 000 xp), wait until you accumulate xp for mage level 10 (250 000 xp), that way you won't lose the proficiency point which the mage gets at level 6

Very good info, thanks. Unfortunately, i already "wasted" one star in slings. For the next run...
Krell
If your R/C multi lacks certain druidic spells, then it's probably a fix of the EE engine, which prevents Ranger-Clerics of obtaining the more powerful druidic spells, in which case the R/C multi (or dual) absolutely loses value.
Azoth
Ah ok. No clue whether he has Vocalize in his spellbook or not, at least he didn't cast it.

To be a bit more precise, when Conster is silenced, he is just standing still doing nothing for a long time...
nicoper
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jun 26 2015, 06:33 PM) *
@nicoper
My party: Necro, RB, RB, R/C multi, B9/M, Cernd. First time ever playing a multi and a dual char for me biggrin.gif
Conster is already history. 2x Potion of invulnerability on RBs, IH of RBs, Champion's Strength on RB wielding FoA , R/C with Holy Power/Righteous Magic/DUHM and some Stonekins+MIs made it for me

Don't be sorry at all:

R/C multi (or dual), if you run on EE, you have to have the '1' and not '0' in this line in baldur.ini file:

CODE
'Game Options',    'Cleric Ranger Spells',    '1',

R/C multi gets (in vanilla or in BGEE with previous line) spells at once (no need to wait levels)

for B9/M, I am not 100% sure, but I think you can put more than one star, problem is you will gain stars as a mage (so IIRC 1 or 2 after level 10)
If you want to have stars, you have to dual later
Krell
A B(9)-M can reach mage level 36, thus can get a total of six proficiency points from his mage class, which is not too little, together with the Berserker's proficiencies those are enough to gain grandmastery in a crushing and a piercing weapon, and even have a couple of stars for the needed weapon style. Slashing weapons are covered completely by the phantom blade/black blade of disaster.
Azoth
R/C multi (or dual), if you run on EE, you have to have the '1' and not '0' in this line in baldur.ini file

There was and is a '1' in my baldur.ini wacko.gif

//edit
Did some testing. It's the other way around. There needs to be a '0' for immediate druidic spell access.
Thanks nicoper for pointing me in the right direction.
critto

Precisely. I would appreciate a save game to test this out.
lroumen
I recall that bg(2)ee had a bug at some time that disallowed vocalize to be cast when silenced. Maybe that is what you are encountering.

Something from my side I forgot to mention before. Not certain whether they are ia or ee changes. When I remember moee I'll let you know.... or should they be in the bug thread (should we unify/move stuff?)
- glaicus talks when you enter the level at the stairs rather than when you open his door.
- trolls keep attacking when downed
critto
- glaicus talks when you enter the level at the stairs rather than when you open his door.
Hmm, this should be fixed in v61, is it EE or vanilla?

- trolls keep attacking when downed

In EE they never get downed. This is something with vanilla. We haven't made any specific changes to trolls.

As for vocalize, I'll check the bug thread at the beamdog forums, there isn't any reason why Conster shouldn't cast it, the code is straightforward.
lroumen
Wrt vocalize
http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25541...e-when-silenced

I guess we are bound to pick up some ee problems. .. and I did not play ee very far so I apologise in advance of I report ee things here
Azoth
Precisely. I would appreciate a save game to test this out.

Critto, I dont have access to my savegames for the next two weeks. Let me know if you still need a savegame for testing.
critto
For the time being, no, I'll try to re-create the testing environment myself. Iroumen, thanks for the link, I'll attempt to add this solution to the mod.
Azoth
A feature request:
Would it be possible to make the graphical attacks corresponding to statistical attacks? So that 1 APR is also visually 1 APR and 7 APR are 7....
I somehow agree with the original design descision of BG to fix the visual APR to a certain value to make the game look more dynamic. But for a game with IA installed in which combat/tactical challenge plays a big role, it would be nice to have the visual feedback.
I dont know about engine limitations, but when its not possible or too much effort just forget about it.
It looks like somthing similar was achieved in TOBEx:
https://cloud.github.com/downloads/Ascensio..._TobEx_BGEE.pdf
critto
I will check it out. However, it is TobEx is ToB-only. The feature wouldn't be transferrable between ToB and EE.
Azoth
Thanks a lot critto!

Its the component:
Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Removes all the 'fake' attacks, where creatures would display an attack animation, but would not actually roll to hit.

Here is hopefully the newest TobEx:
http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/871-bg...bhaal-extender/

A list of already implemented fixes and features that have been implemented in BGII:EE:

CODE
1. AddKit and AddSuperKit both now include Wild Mage and Barbarian.
2. Half-attacks now occur every other round as expected.
4. Enemies that are equipped with a shield are now able to switch from melee weapon to a one-handed missile weapon.
5. Removes exploit of removing NPC from party and re-recruiting to refresh special abilities.
7. Starting a store with CLUAConsole no longer crashes the game.
10. Attacks per round bonuses now stack properly rather than drop after +5.
11. Hostile creatures affected by Sleep can now be woken by a successful attack.
12. Multiple accumulations of Blindness spells no longer make the -10 THACO penalty cumulative.
13. Items that confer a Casting Level Bonus (Effect 191) now factored properly into the actual casting.
14. Charisma scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.
15. Constitution scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.
18. Opcode 106 to remove drunkenness now functions properly.
19. Killing enemy with magic fire damage no longer crashes game.
20. Magic cold damage now evokes unique cold damage sound (and better animation).
22. Dexterity scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.
24. Disintegrate no longer creates a memory drain when applied in-game.
25. Dispel chance v enemy spellcaster now correctly calculated per caster levels of caster and enemy.
26. Fatigue modifier scores no longer wrap to 100 when their net value is negative.
29. Intelligence scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.
30. Drunkenness modifier no longer wraps to 100 with negative values.
31. Invisibility (Effect 30) now can be permanent with with Timing Mode 1 and set to Parameter 2 (Improved Inviso).
34. Magic Resistance modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.
35. Morale break values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.
36. Open locks modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.
37. Pickpocket modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.
40. Reputation modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.
41 (33). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Death Modifier.
41 (34). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Wands Modifier.
41 (35). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Polymorph Modifier.
41 (36). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Breath Weapon Modifier.
41 (37). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Spells Modifier.
42. Stealth values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.
43. Strength extra modifier now yields a plain 18 when values are negative rather than wrapping to 100.
44. Strength scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.
45. Wisdom scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.
60. Wildmage and Barbarian kits now recognized properly with Trigger Kit().
77. Immortal dead doppelgangers.

[ToBEx 3] Off-hand is never used with 3/2 attacks per round
[ToBEx 21] Effect 12 does not free memory allocated
[ToBEx 27] Out-of-bounds values for Find Traps wrap to Find Traps value should not wrap
[ToBEx 28] Issues with effect 181 when param 2 is not zero
[TobEx 32] “Level Modifier” causes net negative values to wrap to 50
[ToBEx 56] Summoned gender always plays male casting sounds
[ToBEx 58] Illicit recharge of rechargeable items
[ToBEx 59] Pricing issue with depleted rechargeable items
[ToBEx 62] PartyHasItemIdentified() glitch in single player
[ToBEx 71] Sex, Alignment, and Portrait are set permanently
[ToBEx 79] Poison and Disease vs. Mirror Image
[ToBEx 82] TakePartyItem() issues
[ToBEx 84] Effect 18 issues when loading game
[ToBEx_FR13] Area-effect spells do not bypass Mirror Image
[A64_FR14] Effect 58: Magical weapons cannot be dispelled
[A64_FR21] Add a flag 512 (double spells modifier) to Effect 42 (Wizard Spell Slots Modifier)
[A64_FR24] Add a flag 512 (double spells modifier) to 62 (Priest Spell Slots Modifier)
[A64_FR25] Allow increment/decrement of proficiencies for Effect 233 (Proficiency Modifier)
[A64_FR31] Externalize what races may dual-class
[A64_FR42] Externalize Barbarian's (and Dwarven Defender's) HP table
[A64_FR43] Externalize which HP table is used for classes
[A64_FR44] Externalize racial restrictions for class and school of magic
[A64_FR46] Externalise which item slots are amenable to pickpocketing
[A64_FR55] Externalise creature-specific item restrictions
[A64_FR61] Allow customization of spells that may be cast while silenced
[A64_FR64] Restore the function of the PickPocketFailed() trigger.
[A64_FR67] Contingency's child spells casting time fix.
[A64_FR70] Externalise which mage spells are hidden from spell selection screens
[A64_FR71] Externalise race selection string references
[A64_FR73] Externalise the number of weapon slots allowable in the inventory
lroumen
So... it took me a while to get through the game (V6.1)
- Swashbuckler is not bad but I don't understand why his armour disables stealth permanently. Stealth is not going to give him any bonuses other than hiding itself.
- Dwarven defender is very strong in ia except for immunities, still requires good buffing and gear.
- jan is still good utility despite being a suboptimal thief/mage.
- I tried Wilson but he needs more skills and some wearable gear would be appreciated.
- Hexxat has no personal item that I could discover... personalizing her amulet would be nice. As pure thief she lacks use anyhow.
- Rasaad just won't die in ia. Soo much magic resistance and quite decent physical resistance at the end stage with his gear. And he hits soo hard. Problem with gauntlets is that I do not know which one to default him with...
- Finally necromancer done. I can see why he needs the gear in his personal quests, but really.... outside those quests he has more health than anomen... Go figure.
- Neera skipped so no notes on her changes.
- Dorn lacks an upgrade for his sword. He could benefit from a combo with that evil paladin sword.... The name escapes me at the moment.

First v6 game done too I think. I got far into a previous one but cannot remember whether I finished that.
It is really telling that some classes are now just inheritantly not good anymore in ia. I would think that some balancing would help out to make the classes/kits more useful. Maybe in a later version

Btw, on bgee steam version and I did not run into any ia specific bugs that I could tell, only bgee bugs that are not fully fixed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.