Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v6.2 discussion
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
critto
Apparently, it does. I'll see what can be done about it, thanks.
nicoper
QUOTE(critto @ Oct 5 2016, 12:33 PM) *
Apparently, it does. I'll see what can be done about it, thanks.

It has always been the case wink.gif
Same goes for Wish and limited wish btw
If you can fix Racial, please fix those too!
Azoth
A little cosmetic thingy:
[attachment=4272:Baldr016.jpg]
critto
That's the ToB thing, it does not understand UTF-8. It won't be a problem with the future releases anymore.
Alva
Hi guys, Im kind of a new runner of IA (Im currently on my 3rd run on the mod). I have a question.
What is the xp/lvl limit of spellhold hell mod activation ?

I have extremely painfull memories of my 2nd run (attempt) where I've gone underlevel and understuff to spellhold, because I was afraid of reaching this limit.
I remember being mauled to death by a golem army on steroid (in the Rakshasa room). I had to design an insane strategy to beat them, which was so micro-management intensive that it killed my brain.

SPOILER!
Split the group in 2. The first one is led to the center room where my party and summons are waiting. The second one is tanked by the necro/mage under stoneskin on the first corridor.
The mage closes the gates to the center room. One summon lures one golem from the corridor to the wall trap, then goes to the trap. Another summon enter the trap from the other side to block
the golem, giving the trap time to trigger and one shot it. Then the mage goes with PFMW and tank the others until all protection spells goes down.

The first group tries, slowly, to kill golems one by one and use 2 to 3 people/summons available to kite the other golems (because the golems often switch aggro). Eventualy it worked, after 1 hour IRL.

Using that strategy zeroed my will to carry on, and before I gave up the game, I've took revenge on the poor and lonely Dace's daddy for all that those golems make me endure.
Don't make me use that strategy again !

More seriously, I feel that there is a cap of physical threatening - THACO and attack/round from buffs/items/lvl - your team need to reach to go from hell to "doable without sweating" on several fights.
SparrowJacek
Improved spellhold triggers when AFTER your talk with Imoen you have:
-more than 2.35M exp on protagonist
OR
-higher than 14 level on protagonist

I heard that there is another level of improvement to SH if your party has even more exp, but I'm not familiar with that(well, I'm always careful enough not to trigger improved SH, so 3'rd difficulty level would be probably waaaay too much)
Alva
Thank you for the answer !
I'll be ready this time. The first level will be enough for me biggrin.gif
critto
Even if you screw up your XP or level a bit and enter the "2nd level of hell", it's all perfectly fixable. Just be sure you make a save before being dropped into the area with Imoen.
Azoth
So, only Suldanessellar and WK lvl 5 left. Motivation is still high. Very good job with the new kits. I really like my Necro, Jaheira, Mazzy, Valygar and im bored with custom made R/C and B9/M. My next run will be with only original NPCs. Let's see if i manage to finish TOB.

A little curiosity: Whenever RVE is cast, it dispels all illusions of the party. Is this intended?
critto
A little curiosity: Whenever RVE is cast, it dispels all illusions of the party. Is this intended?

I am not sure but probably. It isn't something that I've done personally.
antizyclon
I am playing currently with Jaheira in party first time with new kit added to her. As I see druid dont get APR from GM. Now she has 1 APR with GM in staff. With new craftable item she can get +1 (Paws of the Furious Cat).

Is that max for druids without buffs?
Azoth
Yes, 2 apr is max without buffs.

But 2 Scimitars (Offhand Belm or Water's Edge) + Paws + Combat Trance + IH = 10 apr + Critical Strike is very strong.

Btw, she can only get Mastery (3*) in Staffs + Spears...
HTRT
A quick thought about EDE...I was wondering why the supreme elemental golem of that fight cannot use the earthquake-like power used by the one in watcher's keep 3 and why he cannot purge magic. In the same vein, why can't both ultra golems use purge magic as well ?

I realize this would make the fight harder and it has always been a hard battle. But at some point, maybe version 6 I'm not sure, the golems were positionned in a way that favors divide and conquer strategy which made the fight easier in my opinion. Furthermore, the helpers of the star protagonists make it a lot easier as well.

What do you think ? I personally love the earthquake power of the supreme golem, it makes him feel "supreme" lol.
bulian
I wish there were an option to fight both the supreme golem and the green dragon in WK.
critto
A quick thought about EDE...I was wondering why the supreme elemental golem of that fight cannot use the earthquake-like power used by the one in watcher's keep 3 and why he cannot purge magic. In the same vein, why can't both ultra golems use purge magic as well ?
I don't think there's any specific logic guiding these decisions so you're free to come up with whatever explanation that fits you best smile.gif I don't think that giving another creature in EDE Purge Magic is a good idea, the encounter is already tough as it is.

What do you think ? I personally love the earthquake power of the supreme golem, it makes him feel "supreme" lol.

To be honest, I am not even sure it how it works, it's been ages since I actually played the game from start to finish let alone do something like fight the Supreme Golem smile.gif I'd have to check it out. I don't think it would be difficult to implement. The question is whether it's actually needed or not in that particular fight.

I wish there were an option to fight both the supreme golem and the green dragon in WK.

Well, there'd need to be some sort of plot manipulation for this fight to make sense story-wise.
critto
Acid shields trigger off each other causing infinite dmg loop. Had several game crashes with Jaheira wearing shadow dragon scale/acid shield vs Chak (both having 100% immunity to acid) in the Samia encounter before my poor clan hunter lost the battle.

Is it EE1.3 or EE2.3? I can't reproduce this.
Azoth
Help, i'm lost in time and space bigcry.gif
I cannot use the time machine (Bone key) after defeating the force. Did i miss something?

(e) More details: Killed the Force. It was complaining that it was weakened before but still gave nice Quest XP. When i go back to the time machine and "click" on it, nothing is happening. No dialog, nothing! Bone key is in inventory.
(e) Strange, when clicking on the machine nothing happens. But when stepping away a bit the message "you are too far away" appears".

SOLVED: CreateCreature("S!TIMEMA") did the trick. No idea what happend.
critto
Send me a save before clicking on it. I see if something got screwed after moving to EE.
antizyclon
It seems i cant upgrade Gracious Steps (option is not listed), i know in previous run i did. is there any limitation?
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 20 2016, 10:49 PM) *
Send me a save before clicking on it. I see if something got screwed after moving to EE.

Save sent.
critto
It seems i cant upgrade Gracious Steps (option is not listed), i know in previous run i did. is there any limitation?
Do you have Moonlight Walkers (rsboot.itm) in the inventory? They are needed to trigger the respective branch in the dialogue.

Save sent.

Will check, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.