Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v6.2 discussion
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Azoth
They should emerge when the big troll gets closer to lower health. Maybe it's just a coincidence. There's no scripting that connects mage's unconsciousness with the appearance of trolls.
Yes, most probably a coincidence.

How did he become immune exactly? Emotion?

Hmm...it's some time ago.
Out of memory: i fired an Emotion and he fell unconscious. Then i was busy killing the rest. Pirate Coordinator used Absolute Immunity or something similar and i attacked the unconscious one.

Azoth
Another question:

Is something changed in Jaheira's quests and romance?
Baron Ployer's curse is dealt with and Xzar got what he deserved, but Jaheira is not summoned away from
the party to the Harper Hold even if i rest for a decade. Im trying to get the Harper's Pin to forge the Ward before Spellhold.
critto
Is something changed in Jaheira's quests and romance?

Not intentionally, no. Do you have a save so that I can check the control variables for the romance?

I see that you play the ToB version. Did you install romance fixes from EoU?
bulian
My guess is you have a male protagonist and are in early stages of romance - try waiting ~4 days

Acid shields trigger off each other causing infinite dmg loop. Had several game crashes with Jaheira wearing shadow dragon scale/acid shield vs Chak (both having 100% immunity to acid) in the Samia encounter before my poor clan hunter lost the battle.

critto
I guess we missed that, thanks. Will fix soon.
Azoth
Not intentionally, no. Do you have a save so that I can check the control variables for the romance?
I see that you play the ToB version. Did you install romance fixes from EoU?

Yes romance fixes from EoU are installed.
Let me try first what bulian suggested. If Jaheira's quest still not continues, i'll send a save.

/ Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.2
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.2
~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Joinable NPCs more closely match the player character's experience -> On initial joining and rejoining: v1.9
Azoth
Some more questions rolleyes.gif
  1. The Quick Item Slots of my B9/M were disabled when silenced during the fight against the Shadow Dragon Thaxi. See screenshot. Is this intended?
  2. Is a Spear +3 (not Kuldahar) available before Spellhold?
  3. Can i find Adamantine Dust somewhere in chapter 3?
lroumen
For jaheira romance. You need to sleep in the wilderness and it will continue.
bulian
There used to be a +3 spear at the beginning of spellhold but it wasn't there in EE/6.2, and I've yet to come across a +3 spear naturally (just about to start WK dungeon). You can forge one at Cromwell's though. The Harmonium Halberd, enchanted weapon spell shortsword, Clan Hunter Spear (since you have Jaheira), and/or thieve's guild short sword (you can skip this IMO for the longer term gold) are enough to get you through Spellhold, IMO. There are nice spears that you can get in Sahaugin City and in the drow city.

The encounter requiring adamantite dust is much more difficult than Samia IMO but is quite doable immediately in Ch 6 with proper buffs and tactics. I wouldn't worry about the dust until then.
Azoth
QUOTE(lroumen @ Jul 5 2016, 06:12 PM) *
For jaheira romance. You need to sleep in the wilderness and it will continue.

No, this doesn't help. I'm somewhere stuck between LD12 and LD13.

Critto, can you please have look. Savegame sent.

LD12: This isn't a love dialogue or anything. Some bandits appear
and take Jaheira hostage. They will ask you for your valuables.
However, don't give them it. Instead tell them that you will be
their hostage instead. When Ertof Dand says, 'I think I got the
gist of it lassie. Well now she does not seem to think much of
your plan. What say you now valiant one?'

LD13: Again, this is not a love dialogue but a woman called Meronia
appears and tells Jaheira to follow her. When Meronia tells
Jaheira to make her farewells quick and that she will not be gone
long choose option 1. Jaheira will leave your party for a while
until she finds you again.
lroumen
Ah there.. hmmm. Did you try visiting places you have been before. Sometimes the messenger gets spawned out if sight and if you move too fast you miss her.
critto
The Quick Item Slots of my B9/M were disabled when silenced during the fight against the Shadow Dragon Thaxi. See screenshot. Is this intended?
AFAIR, yes. Doesn't make sense for healing potions though, I guess.

Is a Spear +3 (not Kuldahar) available before Spellhold?

Which one?

Can i find Adamantine Dust somewhere in chapter 3?
No.

Ah there.. hmmm. Did you try visiting places you have been before. Sometimes the messenger gets spawned out if sight and if you move too fast you miss her.

I will take a look during the weekend, but this might be the issue. EE 1.3 has horrible pathfinding.
Hideous the Wu Jen
So I'm trying to forge the Githzerai Blade and I have all the required items but Cromwell won't give me the option to forge it. He doesn't mention the Illithid Serum but I see in the readme that you need it so after leaving the Underdark I went back and got some. I also forged the Silver Sword and have Dakkon Zerths Blade, Solemn Duty and Darkened Glory. I have Brine potions, permanency and memory boosting scrolls as well. Not sure what's up.
critto
Remind me please which game/version do you have? What does Global("Iadakkonforged","GLOBAL") reply in console?
bulian
It looks like the spell "recast vital energy" stops working if a mage PC turns evil at the end of SoA. Is that intended? If so, why?
critto
Looks like it is intended but I can't really answer to the "Why?" question. It was designed by Sikret, not by me. Perhaps because only a good-aligned mage is supposed to have access to it. This could easily be avoided, though, if you wish to.
bulian
Thanks, Critto. Some of the elements in the mod's design are rather quirky to say the least. I will try to finish the present run duly penalized. The script of interest, as I'm sure you know, is s!spy4.bcs.
Hideous the Wu Jen
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 7 2016, 10:40 PM) *
Remind me please which game/version do you have? What does Global("Iadakkonforged","GLOBAL") reply in console?

TOB version.
If I entered it correctly it says -

lua:call expression not a function
Active Stack:
Active Stack:
critto

The proper command is CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Iadakkonforged","GLOBAL")
Hideous the Wu Jen
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 12 2016, 12:33 AM) *

The proper command is CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Iadakkonforged","GLOBAL")

OK. It gives me
Global IADAKKONFORGED GLOBALDoes not exist
critto
Do you have a save game for me to check out?
critto
There was a couple of issues reported in the last two or three weeks, I will start looking at them this evening, hopefully we'll figure everything out until the end of the week. Stay tuned. Couldn't get to it earlier, too much RL stuff happening.
chaser
So I'm trying to forge the Githzerai Blade and I have all the required items but Cromwell won't give me the option to forge it. He doesn't mention the Illithid Serum but I see in the readme that you need it so after leaving the Underdark I went back and got some. I also forged the Silver Sword and have Dakkon Zerths Blade, Solemn Duty and Darkened Glory. I have Brine potions, permanency and memory boosting scrolls as well. Not sure what's up.

To forge the blade,you have to defeat Supreme Leader first,he has another silver sword…
critto
To forge the blade,you have to defeat Supreme Leader first,he has another silver sword…

Which sword are you referring to, exactly?
chaser
Which sword are you referring to, exactly?
Not supreme leader,sorry.
There're three Silver Swords,one is forged by Cromwell,the other two are undroppable(I thought they're dropped by Supreme leader…).The Gizeral Blade used the undroppable one for raw material.Is it normal?Or some new content happend on this Silver Sword?
critto
There're three Silver Swords,one is forged by Cromwell,the other two are undroppable(I thought they're dropped by Supreme leader…).The Gizeral Blade used the undroppable one for raw material.Is it normal?Or some new content happend on this Silver Sword?

No, that was actually a bug that was reported to me recently. I've fixed it locally and will upload the patch until the end of the week.
critto
chaser, check your email, I've sent you patched translation files that should not cause crashes one EE with ch translation + IA6.2 ch version.
chaser
Ok,I'll check it…
bulian
Good lord... what a fight demogorgon is, but after more reloads than I care to admit, some BE potions, a few wishes for rests, and many many greater restorations, victory is mine!

lroumen
Those minions are beasts. They take so long to go through. Indeed a cleric here is almost mandatory.
SparrowJacek
Congratulations bulian! We made demogorgon probably the most(or at least one of 3, well things depend on playing style and party composition) difficult encounter in IA, it might be frustrating, but satisfaction you get when bringing the finishing blow is immense!

At which levels did you defeat him if I might know? smile.gif

And judging by your post, you fought Demogorgon too Iroumen, right? Did you manage to win?

And how are your feelings on the balance of this fight, guys?
Azoth
  1. When Mazzy has used Strength of Arvoreen (lvl 16 -> Strength to 19) and then gets Phosphorus, no change in Strength value (still 19). Intended behaviour?
  2. Stupid Gem Golem in Spellhold Dungeons guarding the room where you can find Doomplate tried to get in my back and fell victim to the trap (see screenshot) laugh.gif
critto
When Mazzy has used Strength of Arvoreen (lvl 16 -> Strength to 19) and then gets Phosphorus, no change in Strength value (still 19). Intended behaviour?

Kind of. They both use the same opcode that sets strength to a value, not increments it. This is why it happens. We could come up with something but why would you need her str when you have phosphorus? smile.gif
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 24 2016, 08:53 PM) *
Kind of. They both use the same opcode that sets strength to a value, not increments it. This is why it happens. We could come up with something but why would you need her str when you have phosphorus? smile.gif

Thats true. I just noticed during the 'Improved Crystal Shard' fight. I forgot about the weapon resistances of the Amber Golems and had to redistribute my >= +3 weapons.
Azoth
A question again:

Is the Shade Lich in Spellhold immune against Disrupt Undead (lvl 7 spell)?
His defenses are SI:Necromanncy and Spell Turning. I use 2x RRoR and the lich recasts SI:Necro, so one more RRoR, but i have no luck to hurt him with Disrupt Undead.

(e) Ah ok, maybe his MI is the problem...
(e) Remove Magic did the trick. But his 3xADHW did hurt. Next try...
lroumen
I finished Demogorgon at the end of ToB at level 33+. I tried it several times before that but was unable to cope. I needed barbarian essence to keep my warriors alive and a cleric with many greater restorations and mass cure.
Difficult, yes. Does it need to change? I don't know, it is an end-game type fight so it should be tough.
bulian
I also fought demo right before EDE. I think completing the fight in chapter 7 would be quite difficult - the extra levels in TOB seem quite necessary. The healing requirements of the fight are what make it so intense.
Azoth
Need some advice against the Librarian angry.gif

Cat o'Nine Live is not a problem, but sometimes annoying because of dispelling my buffs or hold/confuse when attcking my party and not my summons. Bookworms last only one/two rounds.
What usually happens:
3x RRoR so his defense is down then 1x Disrupt Undead(dont have more remembered/only 2 lvl 7 slots) and waiting til his first PfMW is down. Then a couple of hits before PfMW is up again (lich has 4 or five of these). Not possible to interrupt. Surviving Cont:3xADHW and Dragon Breath. Then Comet and 99% a chunk...

Can i do something against his PfMW? Does any1 have a reliable strategy? Focused Altar was much easier...

critto
You can survive a Comet as well. You need stoneskin and fire protection. It does crushing and fire damage, respectively.

What's your party?
Azoth
Party is:
Necro, B9/M, R/C, Jaheira, Mazzy, Valygar

Already had him a couple of times to Near Death but never managed to finish him. Once the bookworms healed him and he managed to renew PfMW. Since then they are always my first target.

Btw, Protector's Mental Equilibrium removes confusion but not the "stars" above the character
critto
The party should be more than capable against the lich. You should play more defensively and focus more on protecting yourself until he's out. Spread out your party so that he can't hit everyone at the same time. It's not that different from fighting the Pirate Coordinator at respective levels, for instance.

Did you try using Stoneskins and fire resistance against comets? With practice, you can use chain lightning to disrupt the lich's spells.
Azoth
Will try again tonight:

Idea is to kill him after his initial PfMW is finished:
1st round : Necro Remove Magic // B9/M Spellstrike from scroll // Others are starting to deal with bookworms
2nd round: Necro bings himself near to Lich // B9/M RRoR // Others still dealing with bookworms
3rd round: Necro Disrupt Undead // B9/M and rest are finishing bookworms
4th round: Necro Disrupt Undead // B9/M Chain Lightining from scroll // Others are attacking lich
Necro(main char) and Jaheira(can cast Harpers call/lvl5) will be under PfME. Rest needs to endure 3xADHW.
Hopefully i can disrupt his next PfMW...

If this doesnt work, i will use "Divide and Conquer" but keeping an eye out that the Lich casts his comet on a char with Stone/Ironskins (Mazzy and Valygar get usually chunked).
Then i just need to survive his other ADHW/Sequ:GM,Conf,Slow/ Emotions / ... wacko.gif

Let's see.
Azoth
Funny, tonight i would even say the Librarian was easy. He fell on my 1st try. Didnt even fired his 3xADHW. Maybe because i was better prepared and took him seriously...
The journey can continue biggrin.gif

(e) "False Dawn" did nothing to him. Although a lvl 6 spell. Why does it say "Duration: 6 rounds" in its spell description?
(e) Ah, a leftover: "The 6th level clerical spell "False Dawn" is tweaked not to cause confusion effect. Not to mention that the confusion had a wrongly assigned duration to it in the vanilla game, but we decided to omit the effect rather than fixing its duration."
critto
Congrats on the victory!

I don't remember the specifics about the clerical anti-undead spells but many of them are indeed quite ineffective against more resilient undeads. This is just something to be thought about in the future, if that future ever comes.
Azoth
This is just something to be thought about in the future, if that future ever comes.

The future will come. That's granted wink.gif

Another question (maybe i should open my own thread and not abusing this one anymore...):
Price of killing a pupil (new encounter) ->Where and what exactly is this encounter ?
critto
> Price of killing a pupil (new encounter) ->Where and what exactly is this encounter ?
SPOILER!
When you kill Dace (the vanilla vampire in spellhold near the library), you are attacked by a vampire lord
darkjeshush
Hello guys, long time lurker here. I've played through around 7-8 times over the years starting with v4, mostly in v5, and a couple times in v6 on insane. This game has great replay value, especially if you let it sit for a bit after completing a run. I just play the game however the designers mold it, no inclination to change anything about it.

Anyways, in my current run, my FMT just reached 15/15/18 (around 6.9 million xp) UAI doesn't show up as a HLA choice. I've used FMT as recently as v6 with no problems. Party this time was vagrant, RC, riskbreaker, BM, FMT, nalia-> imoen. Nothing else is out of place from what I remember. vagrant and riskbreaker kits exactly what I remember, bonus vagrant quests the same, etc. I think imoen might have a couple of spell choices changed from what I remember, don't remember her having oracle before. I remember being able to pick SI and animate dead in other playthroughs relatively quickly, but the oracle pick kinda c0ckblocks one of them for a long time, not a big deal really.

There are 3 main differences this time around:
1. my windows upgraded itself to 10 while I wasn't paying attention.
2. The last time around I think the last item was "Improved anvil v6" instead of "Improved anvil premium"
3. I think the last time I didn't have infinite stacking (ToB), but I always had the first item stacking one, item #0

Any idea what went wrong? I don't see UAI removed from 6.2 in any documentation, but it's not available to pick in my game.
PS For ease of use, I'm still using the old Weimer-ease-v27 because that's how I set it up once upon a time and I don't remember the actual reasons, but I do remember it was a big deal. Maybe that has changed over time, but I don't really check here for updates that much; I just re-download the latest IA version and re-install whenever I get the inclination to play again.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Infinite Weapon, Potion Stacking (ToB)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil Premium
Azoth
Hi darkjeshush,

i cannot say much to F/M/T and UAI. Never played one. But in the readme it says:
246. Multi-class thieves and Swashbucklers' HLA tables are revised.

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)

It's not needed anymore:
37. The 'True Grandmastery' component of Ease-of-Use mod is now obsolete. Improved Anvil offers its own version with correct bonuses to attacks, consistent between ToB and BG2:EE.

My Weidu.log:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.2
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.2
~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
darkjeshush
ahh ok, I know swash UAI was removed, so I guess maybe multi thief has been removed also. That's fine then I guess, as long as it's not a bug.

I musta not used a FMT since v5 or maybe even earlier. It's been sucking all game pretty much. I thought i'd try putting up with its weakness in exchange for potential lategame tradeoff. Guess that's not gonna happen now. Without UAI it's pointless all the way.
Azoth
Playing TOB:

Somehow Valygar's Racial Combat counts when the 5 summons limit is hit. Maybe it summons an invisible helper creature to grant the bonus ?!?

[attachment=4271:Baldr013.jpg]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.