Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IA v6.2 discussion, random questions and thoughts
critto
post May 29 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

So, the v6.1 is out. Most notable change is a step towards new platform, internal re-design and full (I hope) support for BG2EE. That means that IA should now install and play with any distribution of BG2:EE on any platform. I personally developed and tested it on Mac OS X, with the Beamdog's official distribution. Nicoper, whom I want to thank for helping me with testing and pushing this version out, did tests on Windows, although I have no idea which version exactly did he use.

Anyhow, with BG2:EE come two new good-aligned NPCs who are tweaked to be serious choices for a party member. To facilitate that we did a nice overhaul of the Monk class. It's kind of a beta so keep in mind that your experiences may vary. But should be fun nonetheless.

There is no new tactical content added to the BG2EE content, but the potential is there and, hopefully, we can explore it in the future builds.

There's also some miscellaneous stuff done here and there but the major things are listed above.

I took a liberty of assuming a different approach towards development, with shorter but faster releases. Hopefully, this will bring us towards IAv7 quicker. Afterwards, we'll see.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

EDIT: this was converted into primary discussion thread for 6.2

This post has been edited by critto: May 24 2016, 11:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
nicoper
post May 29 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #2

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

I tested on Windows 8.1

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post Jun 4 2015, 04:43 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Premium Member

Great work critto! I'm trying it out now and will let you know if I come across anything. The new Monk classes look superb and I can't wait for you to drop more content whenever that time comes.

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 5 2015, 04:35 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Premium Member

Thanks! Looking forward to the feedback :-)

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jun 5 2015, 03:14 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Was fighting the Noble Troll in front of the Troll Mound and casted Horror on this bunch, no effect of course but the "in fear" symbol was shown on them. Just a cosmetic thing...

This post has been edited by Azoth: Jun 5 2015, 03:15 PM

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 5 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Premium Member

OK, thanks! I'll check it out.

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post Jun 10 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Premium Member

This is my first experience with BG2:EE and I'm really liking all the new content. However, I have some goofy things going on so far...

Remove Magic won't dispel Mirror Image on enemy mages that aren't protected from Divination.
The Pirate Coordinator cast Breach 4 times on my Berserker>Cleric in an effort to dispel PfFire that I had from a potion. It was only dispelled once he cast remove magic.
Then the Pirate Coordinator cast RRoR on my Kensai twice. I wonder if that had something to do with him wearing the Brooch of Vagrant Blades and somehow the mage sees it as a spell turning type of spell.

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 10 2015, 01:19 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Premium Member

Could you send me a save to check those issues out more closely?

Quote Post
Krell
post Jun 10 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #9

Forum Member

QUOTE(Hideous the Wu Jen @ Jun 10 2015, 03:58 PM) *
Remove Magic won't dispel Mirror Image on enemy mages that aren't protected from Divination.

...but Remove Magic can and will be completely stopped by Spell Immunity Abjuration with the "spell ineffective" message. There is a number of mages who run both Spell Immunity Abjuration and Mirror Image. Perhaps this is your case.

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 10 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Premium Member

The Pirate Coordinator cast Breach 4 times on my Berserker>Cleric in an effort to dispel PfFire that I had from a potion. It was only dispelled once he cast remove magic.
I don't think this is related to the potion, but I've seen similar results on my own tests. A cleric from random encounter (Suna Seni) has cast breach on Anomen who had nothing by DUHM active.

Then the Pirate Coordinator cast RRoR on my Kensai twice. I wonder if that had something to do with him wearing the Brooch of Vagrant Blades and somehow the mage sees it as a spell turning type of spell.

Here I am not sure if it's the Brooch. Is the problem reproducible with another character who has the Brooch equipped? Was there anything else going on with your Kensai?

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 10 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Premium Member

Did your B->C have Death Ward or Blade Barrier active? These are viable reasons for Pirate Coord. to cast Breach on him.

EDIT: the Kensai issue is due to the Brooch. I think the item will be tweaked to do something else. Reworking all the scripts is too problematic at the moment.

This post has been edited by critto: Jun 10 2015, 07:31 PM

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post Jun 11 2015, 07:05 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Premium Member

QUOTE(Krell @ Jun 10 2015, 08:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Hideous the Wu Jen @ Jun 10 2015, 03:58 PM) *

...but Remove Magic can and will be completely stopped by Spell Immunity Abjuration with the "spell ineffective" message. There is a number of mages who run both Spell Immunity Abjuration and Mirror Image. Perhaps this is your case.

Actually I worded that incorrectly...They were protected from Divination - not Abjuration.

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post Jun 11 2015, 07:08 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Premium Member

QUOTE(critto @ Jun 10 2015, 02:17 PM) *

Did your B->C have Death Ward or Blade Barrier active? These are viable reasons for Pirate Coord. to cast Breach on him.

EDIT: the Kensai issue is due to the Brooch. I think the item will be tweaked to do something else. Reworking all the scripts is too problematic at the moment.

Ah okay. I won't use the Brooch for now since that could be a major abuse.

No DW or BB but my B>C did have DUHM active like you mentioned with Suna, I believe.

This post has been edited by Hideous the Wu Jen: Jun 11 2015, 07:09 AM

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 11 2015, 07:34 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Premium Member

Actually I worded that incorrectly...They were protected from Divination - not Abjuration.

I'm not sure I understand correctly what exactly had happened. Your char was protected with MI and SI:Div, and Remove Magic didn't dispel any of those? If so then it's perfectly normal. There's always a chance that Remove Magic doesn't "take", so to speak (5%, I think).

As for DUHM, I'll check it out. EDIT: found the issue and fixed it for 6.2

This post has been edited by critto: Jun 11 2015, 07:58 AM

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jun 11 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #15

Forum Member

Just have access to "Dispel Magic" at the moment. Hopefully similar rules are applying to "Remove Magic"...
Your char was protected with MI and SI:Div, and Remove Magic didn't dispel any of those? If so then it's perfectly normal. There's always a chance that Remove Magic doesn't "take", so to speak (5%, I think).

Description says: There is always at least 1% chance of failure or success. But MI and up to 10th lvl effects from items potions are always dispelled.

This post has been edited by Azoth: Jun 11 2015, 02:19 PM

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jun 11 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #16

Forum Member

Hmmm...fighting the Astral Shard Guardian atm. Fired a "Dispel Magic" on him to dispel MI (he also has SI:Div on). Message says: Dispel effects, but MI animation is still running. Interestingly he fired his Minor Sequencer (MI + Blur) immediately. Dont know whether MI was dispelled or not...?

Btw, this guardian is a pain for my 450k XP party dry.gif

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 11 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Premium Member

Hmmm...fighting the Astral Shard Guardian atm. Fired a "Dispel Magic" on him to dispel MI (he also has SI:Div on). Message says: Dispel effects, but MI animation is still running. Interestingly he fired his Minor Sequencer (MI + Blur) immediately. Dont know whether MI was dispelled or not...?

I've tried to reproduce this problem locally and, curiously enough, MI gets dispelled every time and SI:Div remains running even though "Dispel Effects" message pops up.

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jun 12 2015, 06:19 AM
Post #18

Forum Member

Thanks critto. I'll observe MI behaviour during my game.

Couldn't beat Astral Shard Guardian. Postponed...

Another one wink.gif
How is the charisma influence on shop prices supposed to work? Lets say that i want to buy Nymph cloak with PC (char 18, rep 16) for 39960 gold. When i use a friend spell char is boosted to 24 and there should be discount of 10%, but for me its still 39960. What am i doing wrong? Sry, didn't play for a long time tongue.gif

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 12 2015, 07:14 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Premium Member

To be honest, I haven't got the slightest idea. I've never really bothered with high charisma in my games. Plus, in IA shops are streamlined to give the same prices more or less everywhere. Perhaps, this has its influence as well. I'll investigate this when I have the chance and see if I can give you a better answer.

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jun 12 2015, 07:47 AM
Post #20

Forum Member

Used the search function and found a post by Raven:
The charisma discount maxes out at 20 (so cha 21-25 does nothing extra), and it's something like a 20-25% discount. It also works along with the rep discount, I think the maximum discount with rep 20 and cha 20 is around 45%. Easiest way to get cha 20 is have a mage with base cha of 14+ cast the Friends spell, but even if you can't get up to 20 it's worth having the highest cha character up in the top portrait spot for shopping.

Apparently, it doesn't matter who is talking to the shopkeeper but the charisma value of the "leader" does matter. Leader means the one with the portrait at the top. Will check later...

Yes, its working.

This post has been edited by Azoth: Jun 12 2015, 03:44 PM

Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:24 PM