Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corona quarantine BG2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
critto
Noted. I'll re-check this before v7 is out.
Azoth
Happy new year to all!

QUOTE(critto @ Dec 30 2020, 04:25 PM) *
I don't see any difference in the jewel casket quest except that you get an extra fight. You either way arrive at the same outcome.
Ok, thanks. Decided for the fight, because it offers more coins as reward.
Judging by the files they should be both discoverable at the same stage independently
True.

Some minor cosmetic things:
- Wizard's Energy Blades is using Black Blade of Disaster icon. Was it always like this?
- A formatting error in the Archmages dialogue (OldOne). See screenshot.
[attachment=4442:Baldr021.jpg]
critto
- A formatting error in the Archmages dialogue (OldOne). See screenshot.
Yes, there's a problematic symbol, will be fixed in v7.

- Wizard's Energy Blades is using Black Blade of Disaster icon. Was it always like this?

Probably, yes. I'll check and fix it as well. Don't know what's this motivation behind this one.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Jan 5 2021, 06:52 AM) *
Probably, yes. I'll check and fix it as well. Don't know what's this motivation behind this one.

Ok, the icons are not exactly the same:
[attachment=4443:Baldr022.jpg]

Another one:
I can load lvl9 spells in my Chain Contingency. Most probably it is not related to IA6.52, but to one of my UI mods:
- DRAGONSPEAR_UI++
- Bubb's Spell Menu Extended
critto
Well, the max spell level available for contingency is determined by the #234 effect opcode. It is set to 8 by IA. Does the UI mod change this? It shouldn't be possible to put 9th level spells into it otherwise.
Azoth
SPWI908.SPL looks ok:
[attachment=4444:CClvl9.jpg]

I will dig a bit in my installed mods.
Weidu.log
CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.1
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Deal with skipped NPCs -> Vanilla NPCs only: 3.1
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3341 // Increase party movement speed outside combat -> By 100 percent: v9
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.52
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal): v4.0.1
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian: v4.0.1
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain: v4.0.1
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Simplified economy: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #103 // Disable hardened spellhold: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #104 // Remove traps & locks: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Custom kit: Minsc -> Berserker: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Custom kit: Valygar -> Vagrant: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #212 // Custom kit: Korgan -> Dwarven Defender: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #213 // Custom kit: Keldorn -> Undead Hunter: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #214 // Custom kit: Anomen -> Ranger->Cleric: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #300 // The Gypsy questline and the Limak encounter are available for non-mage protagonists: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #301 // The Shimmering Light and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly quest lines are available for non-ranger protagonists: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #302 // Non-essential class- and kit-based drops are available to all protagonists: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Mage- and ranger-specific rewards and crafted items are available for all protagonists: v1.02
~IATWEAKS/SETUP-IATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #304 // Enable the hardest versions of XP-based encounters in Chapters 2&3: v1.02
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.8.6
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Isandir's CHARNAME Portraits: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Edwin/Edwina: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Ust Natha Drow NPCs: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Vampire NPCs: 1.01
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: v2.41
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: v2.41
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: v2.41
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #9 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 6: v2.41
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #10 // Update portrait Picker: v2.41
~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/SETUP-BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: 3.5

critto
you can run weidu --change-log SPWI908.SPL to find mods that affect the resource.
Azoth
CODE
[C:\Program Files\BG2_EE\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24600
[.\chitin.key] 190 BIFFs, 62286 resources
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 106479 string entries
[ImprovedAnvil/lang/English/setup.tra] has 1127 translation strings
[ImprovedAnvil/lang/English/thefour.tra] has 27 translation strings

Mods affecting SPWI908.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ 0 0 // Improved Anvilv6.52

My bet is EEEx being the culprit. It changes hardcoded stuff like TOBEx was doing for the Non-EE game.
critto
Probably, yes. I've never tried it personally since I'm on mac.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Jan 5 2021, 08:27 AM) *
Well, the max spell level available for contingency is determined by the #234 effect opcode. It is set to 8 by IA. Does the UI mod change this? It shouldn't be possible to put 9th level spells into it otherwise.

Just to let you know. Bubb in Beamdog's forum found out why i can load lvl 9 spells in a Chain Contingency:
"I just tested it - the culprit is Dragonspear UI++. Open UI.MENU and replace all instances of:
maxMagePage >= 8
with
maxMagePage > 8"
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comme...Comment_1170657
critto
Good to know the issue is resolved. I have zero experience with UI mods to be able to diagnose something like that.
Azoth
Would it be possible to change the Twisted Rune fight in Hard Mode, so that the Greater Twisted Golem and the Twisted Golem spawn a bit earlier? Not necessarily increasing the frequency, but let them spawn when Layene goes invisible directly at the beginning of the fight.
critto
Probably, yes, unless there are certain specific conditions for their appearance that are not related to time exclusively (which is the case, IIRC)
Azoth
Yes, it looks more complicated wink.gif

Greater Twisted Golem
AR1008.BCS:
CODE
IF
    Global("Iap1hidden","AR1008",1)  // Twisted Rune
    GlobalLT("Iagtwists","AR1008",2)  // Twisted Rune
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("Iapunish","AR1008")  // Twisted Rune
    Global("Iapcastts","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("Iaexit","AR1008",1)  // Twisted Rune
    InMyArea(Player1)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        IncrementGlobal("Iagtwists","AR1008",1)  // Twisted Rune
        SetGlobalTimer("Iapunish","AR1008",THREE_ROUNDS)  // Twisted Rune
        CreateCreatureObjectDoor("S!gtwist",Player1,0,0,0)  // Greater Twisted Golem

S!LAYENE.BCS:
CODE
IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("Iauseitem","LOCALS")
    ActionListEmpty()
    !Detect(Player1)
    InMyArea(Player1)
    Global("Iap1hidden","AR1008",0)  // Twisted Rune
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Iap1hidden","AR1008",1)  // Twisted Rune
END

Twisted Golem
S!LAYENE.BCS:
CODE
IF
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("Iauseitem","LOCALS")
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("Iawishcombo","LOCALS")
    Global("Iapcastts","GLOBAL",0)
    !StateCheck(Myself,STATE_HELPLESS)
    Detect(Player1)
    !See(Player1)
    Global("Iamoregolem","LOCALS",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Iamoregolem","LOCALS",1)
        CreateCreatureObjectDoor("S!twist1",Player1,0,0,0)  // Twisted Golem
END
critto
I have a feeling that you've only scratched the tip of that particular iceberg.

SPOILER!
I haven't checked personally yet, but I remember some of the mechanics being connected to player using stoneskin as a trigger to summon more golems. Feel free to use it if you're not having enough problems with that particular fight :-)
Azoth
I was just thinking that Layene is going down too quickly, almost immediately after her wish, and almost all the complex scripting and the spawns attached to her are wasted.
Maybe another option would be to force always Time Stop as her Wish result for Hard Mode.
critto
I'll make a note to check this out, but no hard promises.
bulian
I can’t say I’ve ever fought the battle with the golems.

One note on hardmode tweak - it’s currently only setup for Ch1-3 encounters, so there may be other encounters from Spellhold on that could be “buffed.” Generally adding additional existing summons/mobs to existing encounters is easy, changes to AI is hard. Great to get some new suggestions!
Azoth
A little bug again related to IATweaks: Remove traps & locks (i guess):
It is possible to force open the door to the Sealed House in Suldanessar without having the Mirror of the Lakesider.
critto
Noted, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.