Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corona quarantine BG2
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
critto
Do you have some saves at different stages of this quest? Would be hard to reproduce and fix without them. Stuttering usually happens when a character dialogue is initiated but the game can't find an appropriate dialogue line to start with.
Azoth
Save sent via mail.

I guess the 24 Planar Hounds are intended when confronting the Warden without destroying the Orb?
critto
Not sure. I'd need to check the AI scripts. I remember converting the ambiguous trap into a xp-based difficulty addition at some point in the past. You have the hard mode on, right?
Azoth
Yes, hard mode is on. But it looks like it is intended. ThrallOrb <2 means Orb not destroyed.

AR0516.bcs:
CODE
IF
    InMyArea(Player1)
    GlobalLT("ThrallOrb","GLOBAL",2)
    Global("Ianoorb","AR0516",1)  // Planar Prison
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Ianoorb","AR0516",2)  // Planar Prison
        CreateCreatureObject("S!phound",Player1,0,0,0)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("S!phound",Player1,0,0,0)  // Planar Hound
END

S!Warden.bcs
CODE
IF
    See([PC])
    Global("Ianoorb","AR0516",0)  // Planar Prison
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Ianoorb","AR0516",1)  // Planar Prison
        CreateCreatureObject("S!phound",Myself,0,0,0)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreatureObject("S!phound",LastSeenBy(Myself),0,0,0)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreature("S!phound",[1711.1996],S)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreature("S!phound",[1678.1971],S)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreature("S!phound",[1707.2045],S)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreature("S!phound",[1323.1922],S)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreature("S!phound",[1763.1949],S)  // Planar Hound
        CreateCreature("S!phound",[1365.1971],S)  // Planar Hound
END
critto
Well, this is pretty insane. I'll try to remember why this was done in such manner.
critto
Plot related doors in graveyard can be opened too early. Access to Bodhi's hideout.
Fixed.

Same for the door to the Harper building in the docks. I can force it to open before doing the small task for the Harpers and kill Prebek.

How does the door react during this quest? Can't see any conventional locking mechanisms in place on the door.

Same issue with Edwin and lvl3 spell Remove Magic.

Fixed locally in v7: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...4842a0b023b7357
Azoth
Well, this is pretty insane. I'll try to remember why this was done in such manner.
But it also means 240k XP biggrin.gif I will try to win this fight for a while...

How does the door react during this quest? Can't see any conventional locking mechanisms in place on the door.

After bringig Renfeld's body (MISC5F) to Rylock, you are approached by Xzar (Lyros) to rescue Montaron out of the Harper building.
You need to do favor for Rylock and get rid of Prebek. After the dirty work, he is allowing entrance to the building.
Rylock.dlg:
CODE
SetGlobal("HarperJob","GLOBAL",3)
Unlock("DOOR0308")
I was thinking that you cannot enter before. But in my game i can force open the door and enter without any of the events above.
critto
OK, I'll check this door once again. Yesterday, I didn't find any signs that it is not supposed to be opened by force/lock-picking.
Azoth
I tried in unmodded BG2EE. Minsc with 25 strength failed to bash the door.
critto
What about lock picking? Did you have the chance to check it? I've re-checked the door and there is nothing specific that prevents it from being open by conventional means. The best thing I could come up with is make a name-based exception for this door. I guess there might be a few more of these through-out the game.

About the Warden.

Yes, hard mode is on. But it looks like it is intended. ThrallOrb <2 means Orb not destroyed.

The piece of code (the Warden's script) looks ancient. Judging by commit history, I haven't touched it personally in five years that I was maintaining the mod. I think that not destroying the orb was considered to be a 'unintended' route. Any particular reason you've decided to do that?
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 10 2020, 06:12 AM) *
What about lock picking? Did you have the chance to check it? I've re-checked the door and there is nothing specific that prevents it from being open by conventional means. The best thing I could come up with is make a name-based exception for this door. I guess there might be a few more of these through-out the game.

Using lock picking in umodded BG2EE 2.5: "The mechanism that operates this does not have a conventional lock and..." (see screenshot).

The piece of code (the Warden's script) looks ancient. Judging by commit history, I haven't touched it personally in five years that I was maintaining the mod. I think that not destroying the orb was considered to be a 'unintended' route. Any particular reason you've decided to do that?
Was seeing these two points under "Fixes&Tweaks" for IA6.4 and was playing around and tried to do things differently than usual:
11. The Web trap in Planar Prison that was buggy and therefore a source of frustration for players has been converted into a challenge for more experienced parties.
12. Random monster spawns in Planar Prison has been converted into proper spawn points.

I will take the other 'route' if i dont manage to beat all the Planar Hounds.
critto
Using lock picking in umodded BG2EE 2.5: "The mechanism that operates this does not have a conventional lock and..." (see screenshot).
Strange. The only thing this door have is lockpick difficulty of 100, but I am not sure if it means unbreakable/unpickable.

Was seeing these two points under "Fixes&Tweaks" for IA6.4 and was playing around and tried to do things differently than usual:

The first point is referring to the situation where the player rest at some point right before or after triggering the orb, there was some kind of extra difficulty measure involved that spawned the web and a few extra dogs. I've converted it to work if the party has a lot of XP instead.

The second point was probably related to the fact that random spawns are weird in EEs and trigger inconsistently.

Neither of these are related to Warden's personal script.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 10 2020, 06:03 PM) *
Strange. The only thing this door have is lockpick difficulty of 100, but I am not sure if it means unbreakable/unpickable.

Jaheira was not in my party when testing to pick the lock. Could it be related to that script block:
AR0300.bcs
CODE
IF
    OR(2)
        !InParty("Jaheira")  // Jaheira
        Dead("Jaheira")  // Jaheira
    GlobalGT("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("CloseHarperDoors","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("CloseHarperDoors","GLOBAL",1)
        Lock("DOOR0308")
END

A question, let's say i would want to make Spellhold a bit harder without activating the full Improved Spellhold.
Could i change a block as shown below in Near Infinity and Compile&Save?

S!SPYRAN.bcs
CODE
IF
    AreaCheck("AR1512")  // Bodhi's Hunt Level 1
    Global("Iareplace","LOCALS",0)
    Global("Iapctoohigh","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("Iaitem","AR1512",1)  // Bodhi's Hunt Level 1
    !LevelGT(Player1,16)
    XPLT(Player1,2975000)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Iareplace","LOCALS",1)
        CreateCreatureObject("S!elernd",Myself,0,0,0)  // Elemental Golem
        CreateCreatureObject("S!bonrnd",Myself,0,0,0)  // Greater Bone Golem
        CreateCreatureObject("S!gemrnd",Myself,0,0,0)  // Gem Golem
        CreateCreatureObject("S!coirnd",Myself,0,0,0)  // Coin Golem
        DestroySelf()
END

to:
CODE
IF
    Or(2)
        Global("Iahardmode","GLOBAL",1)
    !LevelGT(Player1,16)
    XPLT(Player1,2975000)
critto
A question, let's say i would want to make Spellhold a bit harder without activating the full Improved Spellhold.
Yes, this should work. I would recommend, however, changing the source script and re-installing. Doing this in NI would change the script in override and it could get overwritten back to its original value if you were to re-install for some reason in the future.

Jaheira was not in my party when testing to pick the lock. Could it be related to that script block:

Might be, I am not sure. I am probably misremembering how Lock()/Unlock() and lock picking difficulty work. Knowing the Infinity Engine, I am quite sure there's some weird corner case involved.
Azoth
Thanks critto!

Coming back to the Planar Prison. In the end i did the 'intended' route and destroyed the orb before facing the Warden. There were just too many Planar Hounds the other way.
Maybe it's worth considering to add a couple of Planar Hounds in Hard Mode by activating the below block.
AR0516.bcs:
CODE
IF
    InMyArea(Player1)
    Global("Ianoorb","AR0516",1)  // Planar Prison
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Ianoorb","AR0516",2)  // Planar Prison
END

critto
Yes, why not, this is a reasonable idea. Much better than that old insanity, anyway.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 11 2020, 10:11 AM) *
Yes, why not, this is a reasonable idea. Much better than that old insanity, anyway.

Thanks critto!

I'm wondering whether acid damage is considered as elemental damage or not? If yes, then Valygar as Vagrant (IATweaks) is not receiving the "15% resistance for elememental damage for every 6 levels of experience" for acid damage.
bulian
Did you try the Warden fight in Ch3 or Ch6? It’s quite doable (but still challenging) in Ch6, particularly with a few powerful summons helping! But definitely too tough for Ch 3. It’s one of a couple bonus challenge encounters not advertised in the mod that I’ve stumbled across (another one in the cleric stronghold quests) so suggest leaving it alone, but adding the planar hounds based on XP via normal route sounds good to me!

Azoth, what were the enemy spawns in planar prison using hard mode - spiders or yaun-ti?

I don’t recall vagrants getting rAcid per level - one of their few weaknesses! In any event, Valygar can wear shadow dragon armor and has really nice protection in his personal armor.

Azoth
QUOTE(bulian @ Sep 12 2020, 01:31 PM) *
Did you try the Warden fight in Ch3 or Ch6? It’s quite doable (but still challenging) in Ch6, particularly with a few powerful summons helping! But definitely too tough for Ch 3. It’s one of a couple bonus challenge encounters not advertised in the mod that I’ve stumbled across (another one in the cleric stronghold quests) so suggest leaving it alone, but adding the planar hounds based on XP via normal route sounds good to me!
Yes, im still in chapter 3. Entered Planar Prison with 1.9MXP. Warden via the normal route was too easy and too difficult without destroying the orb for my taste. Six more Planar Hounds via iahardmode or xp trigger could spice up this encounter.

Azoth, what were the enemy spawns in planar prison using hard mode - spiders or yaun-ti?
Two groups of Yuan-Ti's including: 2 mages + some Greater + 1 Minotaur , iirc. No spiders.

I don’t recall vagrants getting rAcid per level - one of their few weaknesses! In any event, Valygar can wear shadow dragon armor and has really nice protection in his personal armor.
Yes, i'm just courious because it says resistance to Elemental Damage. But as you said no big deal, because of his nice items.
critto
I took a look at this weapon (Dragon Blade +3).

Minsc playing as Berserker and having two pips in Two-handed Sword is not doing critical hits when rolling a 18 (see screenshot) with that sword. Do i misunderstand something here?

You've probably meant two-handed weapon style and not two-handed sword. The former increases the critical hit range with two-handed weapons from a flat 20 to a range of 19-20. The actual effect that grants the 10% increase in critical hit chance does not seem to work at all which was what bulian had pointed out, probably. It is very easily proved by the fact that the character should have a relevant string displayed and portrait icon added when the conditional spell triggers. None of this happens.

The reason was that in vanilla EE the enrage abilities apply a spell state the sword relies upon to trigger the increased critical hit range. The spell state was missing from the versions of abilities modified by IA. That was fixed, the sword now works properly (see screenshot https://ibb.co/PxyndnQ). Link to the patch: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...92977d577d204a1

I don't really know why the cold damage does not strike on a roll of 20. I've had it work successfully on a roll of 20 (see attached screenshot). Another strange thing is that the sword should have applied Slow on the occasion where the cold damage triggered successfully on a roll of 19. But werewolves might be immune to the Slow effect and partially resistant to cold for some reason and thus we're not seeing that particular thing happening.

[attachment=4433:cold.jpg]
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 29 2020, 04:38 AM) *
The reason was that in vanilla EE the enrage abilities apply a spell state the sword relies upon to trigger the increased critical hit range. The spell state was missing from the versions of abilities modified by IA. That was fixed, the sword now works properly (see screenshot https://ibb.co/PxyndnQ). Link to the patch: https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...92977d577d204a1
Thanks critto for looking into it!
So the sword does a critical hit now when rolling a 18 and being enraged?
Can i do something to update my current installation?

I don't really know why the cold damage does not strike on a roll of 20. I've had it work successfully on a roll of 20 (see attached screenshot). Another strange thing is that the sword should have applied Slow on the occasion where the cold damage triggered successfully on a roll of 19. But werewolves might be immune to the Slow effect and partially resistant to cold for some reason and thus we're not seeing that particular thing happening.
I will test a bit more on other creatures.
critto
So the sword does a critical hit now when rolling a 18 and being enraged?
Yes, now it should.

Can i do something to update my current installation?

Download the two SPL files at this link https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...92977d577d204a1 (there's a "..." -> "view file" on the right side of each one, then you'll find the "download" button). Put them at specified locations inside the mod's folder, replacing the existing ones, and re-install IA.

My party is at 1.2M XP and i almost didn't feel that the troll wave was IA content.

Which troll wave we were talking about exactly here?
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Oct 2 2020, 05:50 AM) *
Which troll wave we were talking about exactly here?

The one controlled via the Proximity Trigger and SPWNTROL.BCS in AR1302.ARE:
CODE
IF
    OR(2)
        XPGT(Player1,1649999)
    XPLT(Player1,2350000)
    Entered([ANYONE])
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreature("troll01",[-1.-1],S)  // Troll
        CreateCreature("trolgi01",[-1.-1],S)  // Giant Troll
        CreateCreature("trolgi01",[-1.-1],S)  // Giant Troll
        CreateCreature("trolsi01",[-1.-1],S)  // Spirit Troll
        CreateCreature("trolsp01",[-1.-1],S)  // Spectral Troll
        CreateCreature("trolsp01",[-1.-1],S)  // Spectral Troll
END

The additional trolls joining TorGal have been a nice challenge. Well done.
Azoth
A question to the Umar encounter. Why are there the code blocks with GlobalLT("Ialord","LOCALS",6) and GlobalLT("Ialord","LOCALS",8)? They look redundant to me...
edit: ah ok. it makes a difference if main char is ranger or not. But i doubt that 6 or 8 times the skeletons makes a difference

S!UMAR.BCS:
CODE
IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    ActionListEmpty()
    !GlobalTimerNotExpired("Iasummons","LOCALS")
    !HPLT(Myself,1)
    !Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
    XPGT(Player1,3799999)
    See([PC])
    GlobalLT("Ialord","LOCALS",8)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        IncrementGlobal("Ialord","LOCALS",1)
        SetGlobalTimer("Iasummons","LOCALS",FIVE_ROUNDS)
        CreateCreatureObjectEffect("S!skelwl","SPFLESHS",LastSeenBy(Myself))  // Skeleton Warlord
        CreateCreatureObjectEffect("S!skels","SPFLESHS",Myself)  // Skeleton Lord
END

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    ActionListEmpty()
    !HPLT(Myself,1)
    Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
    XPGT(Player1,3799999)
    See([PC])
    GlobalLT("Ialord","LOCALS",6)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObjectEffect("S!skelwl","SPFLESHS",LastSeenBy(Myself))  // Skeleton Warlord
END

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    ActionListEmpty()
    !HPLT(Myself,1)
    !Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
    XPLT(Player1,3800000)
    See([PC])
    GlobalLT("Ialord","LOCALS",6)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObjectEffect("S!skels","SPFLESHS",LastSeenBy(Myself))  // Skeleton Lord
END

IF
    Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    ActionListEmpty()
    !HPLT(Myself,1)
    Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)
    XPLT(Player1,3800000)
    GlobalLT("Ialord","LOCALS",4)
    See([PC])
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CreateCreatureObjectEffect("S!skels","SPFLESHS",LastSeenBy(Myself))  // Skeleton Lord
END
critto
I have never studied the code for this encounter personally. There might be some bigger idea behind idea, but I doubt it.
Azoth
Was the Scroll of Memory Boosting removed from Perth the Adept in IA 6.52?
critto
I don't remember him ever having it.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Oct 26 2020, 03:53 PM) *
I don't remember him ever having it.

Hmm...i have it in my notes of a former run (dont remember which IA version). Maybe i made mistake.
critto
I've re-checked just to be sure, but he definitely does not have a scroll of memory boosting. There are maybe ten scrolls in the whole game, maybe less. I'm pretty sure in all of their locations.
Azoth
QUOTE(Azoth @ Sep 10 2020, 09:47 PM) *
Could i change a block as shown below in Near Infinity and Compile&Save?

S!SPYRAN.bcs
CODE
IF
    !LevelGT(Player1,16)
    XPLT(Player1,2975000)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("Iareplace","LOCALS",1)
        CreateCreatureObject("S!elernd",Myself,0,0,0)  // Elemental Golem
        CreateCreatureObject("S!bonrnd",Myself,0,0,0)  // Greater Bone Golem
        DestroySelf()
END

to:
CODE
IF
    Or(2)
    !LevelGT(Player1,16)
    XPLT(Player1,2975000)

I was entering Spellhold with a 2.5 Million XP party with disabled hardened spellhold (IATweaks), but manually changed the Golem encounter in front of the Doomplate mirror to also activate the Elemental Golem. It took me while to manage to beat that encounter, but it was a lot of fun. At the brink of doable with my skills and party. Might be worth to add for hard mode.
Additionally, i changed the Werwolf encounter in Spellhold Lvl 2 to spawn the Skeleton Warlords. It was not too hard but fun to fight against 10? Warlords.

Some thoughts:
- Vampire lord in Spellhold lvl1 is too weak
- Elemental Golem as final encounter in the book challenge was fun
- A shade lich + Skeletons was spawing in front of Cat O'Nine door. It was a bit boring, because the Librarian is a very similar encounter.
critto
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check it out.
bulian
I think balancing spellhold is pretty tough because of the multiple difficulties built into it. While I agree the vampire lord is pretty weak, in the hard hard mode, I don't think you're able to rest at all on that floor. So at a minimum you have to clear a) lich + vampires, cool.gif vampire lord, and c) kobold/amber golem without resting, the last of which is the hardest fight in spellhold in my opinion, while also managing the waves of gem golems and skeleton lords that spawn.

Maybe a better conceptual approach from a balance perspective is to change the spawns based on XP or "hardmode" flag and eliminate the wonky waves and rest interruption mechanic. Regardless, combining the vampire lord with the lich and skeleton lords would probably be about the right difficulty at that stage in the game.

Also, glad to hear you enjoyed the elemental golem in the book smile.gif
Azoth
QUOTE(bulian @ Nov 12 2020, 04:28 AM) *
I think balancing spellhold is pretty tough because of the multiple difficulties built into it. While I agree the vampire lord is pretty weak, in the hard hard mode, I don't think you're able to rest at all on that floor. So at a minimum you have to clear a) lich + vampires, cool.gif vampire lord, and c) kobold/amber golem without resting, the last of which is the hardest fight in spellhold in my opinion, while also managing the waves of gem golems and skeleton lords that spawn.

Maybe a better conceptual approach from a balance perspective is to change the spawns based on XP or "hardmode" flag and eliminate the wonky waves and rest interruption mechanic. Regardless, combining the vampire lord with the lich and skeleton lords would probably be about the right difficulty at that stage in the game.

Hmmm... resting in Spellhold lv2 is allowed. I think you cannot leave lvl2 before defeating some of these foes.
bulian
I'm pretty sure that resting in the ultra-hard mode (PCXP > ~3000000) is not allowed on SH level 2.
critto
This is doubtful because the ability to rest is limited either by the events occurring on the map (e.g., an active combat encounter) or by a flag set in the area's resource file. Apparently, it can be manipulated with the scripting action SetAreaRestFlag(), but IA does not use it in any of the scripts.
critto
QUOTE(Azoth @ Sep 7 2020, 11:30 AM) *
Most probably a BG2EE 2.5 issue:
After defeating the Shade Lord, the quest "Save Mazzy's Sister, Pala" kicked in and Danno Fairfoot was showing up. As soon as i entered Trademeet, Mazzy started to stutter when moving. I could continue the quest until i had to speak with Overgold Renwellyn in the temple. There i had to Force Talk (via F1) to him a couple of times until he started his dialogue. After defeating Barl, Mazzy was moving normal again. So all good.

A bit of a late reply to this, sorry. It's actually an IA issue. We've had a similar bug a few years ago and I have fixed it erroneously, as it seems. In order to solve this particular problem it is necessary to remove changes from this patch https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...60fc85683d6014f

The stuttering happens because Mazzy cannot initiate a banter with Valygar (her script tries to run the dialogue, but the banter dialogue tree cannot resolve into an appropriate starting phrase). It has nothing to do with Mazzy's quest, but it does affect the flow of it because Mazzy is thrown into a loop and cannot react properly during the scripted scenes.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 21 2020, 10:18 AM) *
A bit of a late reply to this, sorry. It's actually an IA issue. We've had a similar bug a few years ago and I have fixed it erroneously, as it seems. In order to solve this particular problem it is necessary to remove changes from this patch https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...60fc85683d6014f

The stuttering happens because Mazzy cannot initiate a banter with Valygar (her script tries to run the dialogue, but the banter dialogue tree cannot resolve into an appropriate starting phrase). It has nothing to do with Mazzy's quest, but it does affect the flow of it because Mazzy is thrown into a loop and cannot react properly during the scripted scenes.

Thanks for looking into it and fixing it.

Did you improve Dracolich in some of the recent versions? This dragon is really a major pain. Im struggling to win this fight
critto
No, not really.
zxcvbnm
QUOTE(Azoth @ Nov 30 2020, 09:06 PM) *
QUOTE(critto @ Nov 21 2020, 10:18 AM) *

Thanks for looking into it and fixing it.

Did you improve Dracolich in some of the recent versions? This dragon is really a major pain. Im struggling to win this fight

You need to hit him every 4 rounds to exhaust his PfMW. Also limited wish + death wards + summons + recall
Azoth
You need to hit him every 4 rounds to exhaust his PfMW. Also limited wish + death wards + summons + recall

Thx zxcvbnm. Yes 4xPFMW wink.gif
I managed to beat Dracolich some days ago.
[attachment=4437:Baldr017.jpg]
Azoth
IA 6.52: Dragon Blade +3 (BDSW2H01.ITM) is not consumed when forging Sword of the Rashemi +5
critto
Yes, there are typos in the dialogue scripts. I'll fix it in v7.
Azoth
Regarding the Ancient Mage:

SPOILER!
The fight in Troll Hill (AR1904.are) against the Ancient Mage (S!weagua.cre) would be more interesting if the two Elemental Golems (S!elego1.cre) move towards the player.
I guess that the condition of this block in their script S!elego1.bcs is preventing that:
CODE
IF
    !See([PC])
    !See([GOODCUTOFF])
    InMyArea(Player1)
    Global("partyCame","AR0412",1)  // Sphere: Ice and Fire Room
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        MoveToObject(Player1)
END

Maybe it is intended that the EGs attack only if they see the player?
Another option would be to change their spawning coordinates...
critto
I'll check and fix it, thanks.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Dec 28 2020, 08:22 PM) *
I'll check and fix it, thanks.

Thanks critto!

A question to the quest "The Mystery of the Jewel Casket"
SPOILER!
I can see three ways of dealing with Sir Fredinand Albatross and Lady Mollymawk:
1. Give the Jewel Casket to Albatross -> Mollymawk is gone -> Get Rep+1 and some XP
2. Keep the Casket and hide it on the ground -> Accuse Mollymawk of being a demon's minion -> She is teleporting away and i keep the casket
3. Give the Casket to Mollymawk -> Fight against the Noble Marilith
Are there any consequences depending on the chosen path?

And a note to "The mystery of the Shimmering Light":
SPOILER!
The "Knight of the Order" is saying after defeating the Elite Doppelganger and exonerating Roshan:
"We don't know his exact location either, but we have half of a cyphered note which we have collected from one of their high ranked agents. If you already have the other half of it, you can decode it to find his location."
I was a bit confused by "If you already have...". Wouldn't it make more sense that he is saying you need to find the other half?

critto
I'll need to check the flow of the quest, but I'm ~80% sure it does not affect what happens next.

Theoretically, it should be possible to find the other half prior to get the first one from him, no? Once again, I don't remember these by heart and therefore not sure when the notes spawn.
critto
I don't see any difference in the jewel casket quest except that you get an extra fight. You either way arrive at the same outcome.

Judging by the files they should be both discoverable at the same stage independently.
lroumen
I use v6.4 due to an ingoing game so I did not update yet, but I will when v7 comes out.
I noticed when I tried to create my own avenger I could not put any proficiency points into dagger (should be max 2) and sword and shield style (should be max 1).

I will manage by modding it in myself, but I have the intention to go dualwielding druid in v7 once my run finishes.
critto
I don't think daggers are allowed to druids due to domain restrictions, but could be changed, of course. S&S is probably a bug.
lroumen
Vanilla druids and their kits can use daggers.
You are thinking of clerics and their restrictions on pointy and edgy weapons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.