Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sergio1992
Hello to everyone.
These days I’ve been tempted to give a try to NeJ+ Vlad's compilation + Keldorn romance.

Given that I still have more compelling matters involving my work to solve, I don’t think I’ll be able to play it anytime soon (before Christmas), but at least I can ask some questions. If you can, please be as spoiler-free as possible.

1) I’ll be using Baldur’s gate Trilogy, and probably I’ll also play Baldur’s gate 1 with Nej and Vlad. I looked around and it seems that BG1 has only the bank added and the improved AI on the bandit camp. Am I wrong?

2) I see that you actively discourage against adding mods on top of NeJ and Vlad. Is it only for content mods or for all kind of mods? If you heavily discourage against it, I’ll be playing a first time a compilation free-mods with a good <charname>.

3) Which kind of mods do I plan to add? I don’t think BG needs many things to be honest. And judging by the sheer amount of content your mods have, I don’t feel the need for many of the mods out there. And so, I want to be as strictly as possible to tweaks to rule only.

I’ll be listing each component I would like to go for for every mod:

Atweaks:
Instant casting for warrior innates
Revised Bhaalpowers: Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time
Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB
Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable
Unbiased Quest rewards -> honestly, if I had to choose a component amongst all of these it would be this one. It makes it so that going evil will not punish you in vanilla game, because you’ll be getting as much xp and/or as much gold for going evil as going good.
Simple thief script -> AI
Simple Bard script -> AI
Simple cleric/Paladin script -> AI
Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999)

EET (enhanced edition trilogy) Tweaks
Total xp cap: disabled
Xp for Traps, spells and Lockpicking: BG2 values

Jim’s fixes and tweaks:
Add spell school notifications to the combat log: all spells with a casting time greater than 1
Add expiration notifications for buffs

Klatu Tweaks and Fixes:
Appropriate xp rewards for Cowled enforcers (So you can go full ham on them, rather than having to pay the license)
Free action does not prevent haste or Movement rate bonus

Refinements:
Revised High level Abilities  overhauls all the High level abilities for all classes, making it meaningful.

Scales of Balance:
Stat bonus overhaul -> This makes it so that rolling your character has meaning. Every stat becomes meaningful and not just dead weight in the grand scheme of things.

Tweaks Anthology. Readme here: https://gibberlings3.github.io/Documentatio...e-cdtweaks.html
Add bags of Holding -> this component will add a gem bag to the Friendly Arm Inn store, a scroll case at the High Hedge, an ammo belt to Thunderhammer Smithy, a potion case to the Nashkel General Store, and a bag of holding at the Sorcerous Sundries in Baldur's Gate.
For Baldur's Gate II content, this component adds potion cases to the stores of Roger the Fence and Mrs. Cragmoon and ammo belts to the stores of the Trademeet blacksmith and Perter.

Stores sell higher stacks of items -> This component will alter all stores in the game to use higher stacks of arrows, bolts, bullets, darts, throwing axes, throwing daggers, and (where available) throwing hammers. This component will affect all stores in the game, including ones introduced by mods.

Shapeshifter rebalancing

Multiple strongholds -> seems to be already inside
Allow Cromwell to upgrade watcher’s keep items -> given that you touch Cromwell, this is is bound to cause issues
Allow cespenar to use cromwell recipes -> bound to cause issues too

Move npc from Baldur’s gate -> Alora

Move npc to convenient location: Eldoth, Qualyle, Shar-teel, Tiax, Viconia.

Expanded Dual-Class Options: makes it possible to dual class barbarian and wildmages.

Change Grandmastery Bonuses: True Grandmastery (Baldurash) -> Seems to be already inside.

Alter druid spell and level progression tables: Use cleric level progession changes with Un-nerfed druid spell table  I don’t exactly appreciate the xp gap from level 14 to level 15 for druids in BG. But I could always forsake this component if needs be

Trap cap removal
Remove delay for magical traps
Remove summoning cap for celestials
Druids use 3e alignment restriction
Loosen equipment restrictions for cleric multi-classes
Change equipment restricitions for druid multi-classes -> loosen equipment restrictions
Change effect of reputation on store prices -> low reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
Increase Ammo stack size, gem, jewelry and misc stacking, potions and scroll to 999

Neutral characters make happy comments at mid-range
Keep drizzt’s loot, disable Malchor Harpell
Taerom makes additional Ankheg Armor
Adjust evil joinable npc reaction rolls
Unique containers (unique icons and names)
More interjections
Alter Hp triggers for Npc wounded dialogues

Tweaks and tricks (See readme here: https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweaks-and-tricks?

Easy traps: increase trap sense range: so they can get discovered if they are in Line of sight.
The component increase traps requires Easy traps: core
Fair fights
Improved stronghold

Unfinished bussiness for BG2:
restored bhaalspawn powers by David Gaider

SCS
treat hla as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells - I can avoid this component too

Tweaks Anthology
Maximum hp on level up.

Mod of the orderly - consistency plus version (Adds a keyring container)

4) There are also some mods that involve “content” for Bg1 I would like to add, but I’ll save these for later..
Senka
Hi!
Only Vlad can answer you. Did you write to him?
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 9 2019, 05:15 PM) *
Hi!
Only Vlad can answer you. Did you write to him?

Nope. Should I write to him via email?
Senka
Should I write to him via email?

Yeah.
When I see him online in fb I will tell him smile.gif
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 9 2019, 09:18 PM) *
Should I write to him via email?

Yeah.
When I see him online in fb I will tell him smile.gif

Wait. If you get in touch with him via fb there is no need for me to write an email. Am I wrong?

By the way I don't have vlad's mail so it would be cool if you could send it to me privately tongue.gif
Senka
I wrote to him smile.gif
Vlad
Hi Sergio,

Most of the tweaks you mention are already in my compilation. I really don't think you need something else. Also, I cannot comment on compatibility because I have never played with other mods or tweaks. If I see something needs to be fixed or tweaked, I'm doing that myself. There are so much content in my compilation plus NeJ so I doubt you should install anything else. Moreover, if you encounter problems during your game play, I won't be able to help you as they may arise from other mods or tweaks. You may see my complete walkthrough in YouTube if you need some hints.

Regarding BGT, there are several components including tweaks, items and scripts which I added/changed. But the most important is a continuity of your game and the map with BG1 locations that you can revisit in BG2. Most of the BG1 NPCs smoothly move to BG2 with their stories and accumulated stats and items. Good example is Shar-Teel who has a full story and quest in BG2 which continues her story from BG1. Not all NPCs are moved, but Alora is replaced with a new similar NPC - Melora with her new unique quest.

In ToB, I have also introduced our with Senka enhancements, so I don't think you need something else either.

Anyway, please keep me updated how it's going on. If you drop me a message here, I'll see it in email.

Good luck,
Vlad.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Sep 10 2019, 02:27 PM) *
Cu

Thanks. Last question: any suggestion for classes for good/evil/third path?

Senka
Fighter/mage
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 10 2019, 04:40 PM) *
Fighter/mage

1) Multiclass?

I'm going to do three playthroughs and I'm going to getting bored playing always fighter/mage

So I would say...

Third path, for Keldorn Romance: Ranger/cleric
Evil: Barbarian/druid (hopefully I can dual class, otherwise I go pure barbarian)
Good: Fighter/mage

What do you think Senka?

2) Apart from Shar-teel are there any other npc from BG1 that you can play with in 2? I would like to do a continous party.

3) Vlad, I'll play a mod free environment first to taste your mod. My install order will be the following: SoA-ToB GOG + BGT v1.18 + Vlad's Compilation v2.1 + NeJ3 v7.1 + BG1-songs
Senka
Multi?
Dual. I prefer to dual on level 9.
I'm going to do three playthroughs and I'm going to getting bored playing always fighter/mage

You see... NEJ2 is for mage - there are some quests. Well, other mage in your group can do it for you.
Third path, for Keldorn Romance: Ranger/cleric
Fighter-cler better )) Dual of course.
Senka, apart from Shar-teel are there any other npc from BG1 that you can play with in 2?

Nope. Just standard: Jaheira, Minsk, Viconia, Edwin. But... in improved version )))
I love improved Aerie and Nalia - both girls are really hard! ))))
Sergio1992
1) Question: when you start BG2, there is a portal near Jaheira. Are you supposed to bring yoshimo with you there?

2) When you talk about Nej2, Nej3, I take you are talking about the continuation of Nej. Do I have to know how to start these quests, or will I meet them "naturally" during my playthrough?
Senka
1. No you cannot
2. You will have the main NPC for NEJ - you cannot play without him. He will tell you, be sure )))
Sergio1992
Vlad, there is an unofficial fork of BG:T here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60544-v120-...nd-suggestions/

Do you think it will work without problems with Nej and Ts?

Edit: Well, in the end I decided I will just use the original BG:T. wink.gif
Edit 2: Are you supposed to start a new game with every BG installment (so BG1, SoA, ToB) before installing BG:T? Just asking, because the EE tool forces you to do that for EET.

Edit 3: okay I'm rolling now. First thing I've noticed you made it possible for multiclass to have ***** on weapons. Yuppie.
Edit 4: No maximum Hp tweak added. You have to lower the difficulty to get your juicy max rolls.
Edit 5: Advise: never start a game from SOA if you use Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Starting with BG:T from BG2:SoA gave me the following issues:
- importing from TOB character files makes a post Spellhold Imoen appear inside Irenicus Dungeon (this happens even without BGT)
- starting straight from BG:T made a clone of both Minsc and Jaheira appear in their cages, for a 2x Jaheira and 2x Minsc, with the added bonus of a post Spellhold Imoen inside Irenicus dungeon.
Either play BG1 and play "naturally" or don't install BG:T. And if you go for Soa, always start a brand new game or import from savegames.
Vlad
If you decide to play BGT, you need to start only one new game in Candlekeep. Then every save is continuous. You don't need to start any new game, you can continue from any save. If you want to start SoA bypassing BG1, then why do you need to install BGT? Please take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkVfnsuTOAI

This is the BGT installation. You have two options of a new game though: BG1 or BG2. But honestly, I've never tried to install BGT and then start playing from Irenicus dungeon. If you don't want to play BG1, so simply don't install BGT. I saw such reports that there are two Imoens if you start in SoA and do not naturally progress from BG1, but I won't fix it because it doesn't make much sense for me.

Also, there is no option to start in Irenicus dungeon and then come back to BG1 areas and play BG1. This is a limitation of the engine. I thought about such possibility, but then the whole BG1 needs to be re-scripted.

Are you supposed to start a new game with every BG installment

The answer is no. If you reinstall the game, you can continue with you saved games. As I said, you need to start only once - in Candlekeep, and then continue from any save. If you are in ToB, you'll need to start from ToB saves, of course.
Sergio1992
Thanks Vlad.

Do you both use widescreen ?

I have a 1280x1024 monitor and in my case, after a lot of testing, I choose not to go for it. Given that the UI gets reduced, doesn't seem worth it.

I also tried the videocard stretching to no avail.

I also discovered yesterday this UI mod and I'm kinda curious if it could make the UI worth it: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58704-baldu...20/#entry589232
Senka
Do you both use widescreen ?

Me not smile.gif I'm half-blind
Vlad
Sergio, there is a GUI mod already in my compilation. Please don't override it, otherwise there will be glitches.

Regarding the widescreen, you have this in the GOG version. I'm playing the max allowed standard resolution of 1024×768 with the widescreen. This way, I get the image filling the entire screen. It's wider than the original picture, but much larger, which I really like. The picture occupies the entire screen of 24" wide display. I really like it. Look in YouTube.

Vlad's Walkthrough - Episode 1 (Let's start in Candlekeep)
Sergio1992
Okay thanks Vlad. Another thing...

I was checking BWP.pdf (18.2, here: http://www.shsforums.net/files/download/53...world-english/) and there is this note:

Install Component 3 [Dual-Class Erevain NPC for NeJ3 (by Bill and Vlad)]? [N]ot Install
This component is incompatible with the Edwin component from Vlad's Compilation because in spell.ids both of them use the same literal number for different symbolic identifiers.

I don't know if it may be interesting to you but worth reporting, I guess.

Senka
Install Component 3 [Dual-Class Erevain NPC for NeJ3 (by Bill and Vlad)]? [N]ot Install

Do not install it. It's not complete.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 30 2019, 03:31 PM) *

Do not install it. It's not complete.

For some strange reason I didn't tongue.gif. Luckily...

SPOILER!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #0 // MY COMPILATION
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Monk Class (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #2 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #3 // Leina - New Bard NPC Character and Quest (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #4 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #5 // New Jaheira Portrait (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Anti-Dragon Items and Powerful Swords (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Twisted Rune Quest (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Copper Coronet (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Shadows and Shadow Dragon (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Dak'kon's Blade (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #11 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script (by Goeran Rimen)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #12 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues (by aVENGER)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cromwell in Brynnlaw and Item Upgrade (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #14 // Improved Character Anomen - Stats and Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #15 // Improved Character Nalia - Stats and Items (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #16 // Improved Character Jan Jansen (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #17 // Improved Character Aerie - Wildwanderer of Baervan (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #18 // Improved Character Edwin - Red Wizard (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #19 // Improved Character Viconia - Darkcloak of Shar (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #20 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #21 // Enhanced Encounter with Illasera in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #22 // Enhanced Encounter with Gromnir in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #23 // Enhanced Encounter with Yaga Shura in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #24 // Enhanced Encounter with Abazigal in ToB (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #30 // Items Upgrade (by Vlad)
~SETUP-VCV21.TP2~ #0 #31 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU (by Kevin Dorner)
~SETUP-NEJ3V71.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Third Edition v7.1
~SETUP-NEJ3V71.TP2~ #0 #1 // Frostbite Animation (Turns a big wyvern into the frost wyvern. You may install and uninstall this component at any moment in the game.)
~SETUP-NEJ3V71.TP2~ #0 #2 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
Vlad
Sergio, please disconnect from BWP. It won't help you much to read their installation guide. Just follow my proposed installation, please.
Sergio1992
Okay I started NeJ.

1) I've got a party made of myself, Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Shar-teel and Gar. But it seems that Accalia and Hhtogar can join me. What am I supposed to do... I mean, should I drop every character but Imoen?

2) I've seen a few interactions from Imoen, Jaheira and Sharteel and these seems to be on point. But only one interaction from Minsc (the one where he tells the snow reminds him of Rashemen). I get that you're supposed to drop him for Hrothgar?

3) Minsc doesn't have a custom kit, am I wrong? His usefulness seems kinda limited compared to the others.
Senka
1. This is no necessary to pick Accallia. You must have Hrothgar.
2. Do you want to leave him in past? This is not honest ) Let him go to inn from the very beginning.
3. His stats and skills just upgraded.
Sergio1992
1) Got it.
2-3) I get it. My character wouldn't like to leave Minsc in the past but.... it's not like I have many chances. I brought with myself 4 people (so the party is made of me, Jaheira, Imoen, Minsc, Sharteel). The sixth slot is now occupied by Gar and I may drop him for Hrothgar.

4) I take that probably rather than focusing on doing all at once, I should just be "resigned" that I'll have to play it again (not that I mind for now, given that from the little I've seen I like it).

5) By the way, there is good loot in the houses, but I didn't steal it - because I'm good.

6) Will Hrothgar behave toward charname differently if it's a she?

7) I forgot to choose female and now I'm not exactly sure if I could swap his sex during the gameplay to do Keldorn romance.

8) This one is for Vlad: Vlad, are there evil options in Nej? Evil as profitable options, not stupid evil options tongue.gif
Senka
2. Can you start from the very beginning?
5. Never steal too )))
6. No
7. I believe yes. This simple: change sex and check KeldornMatch in Global ) Before meeting Keldorn of course
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 6 2019, 12:42 PM) *
2. Can you start from the very beginning?
5. Never steal too )))
6. No
7. I believe yes. This simple: change sex and check KeldornMatch in Global ) Before meeting Keldorn of course

2. I noticed that you can't drop people in Easthaven. So I basically CTRL+y Minsc then dropped him.

Or maybe I should just drop Gar and be done with it. The problem is that I'm not sure which one is the right approach: enter Nej without any other npc in the party or just get two\three of them according to what you're supposed to have.

Beside, I'm good but I still took Sharteel in my team. I think I should have left her behind.
Vlad
Hi Sergio,

This is true role-playing, so you decide which characters and party to compile and take with you. smile.gif))

To help you with planning:

Minsc-Boo-Sime have a common plot.

Accalia falls for Hrothgar, but she won't follow you back in time.

Hrothgar is the main character, the NeJ is about him, so you definitely need him in the group. Dropping him will stop all the NeJ quests and story.

Dar has a long and interesting quest when you come back in time. He is also a good and formidable character. Senka likes him.

Sharteel has a long and interesting quest when you come back in time. She has a lot of interjections, particularly when she does not like your decisions. She is evil and probably the best fighter in the game. You can dual her to thief though. Keldorn will probably attack her when she really bothers him.

You cannot really drop Imoen, she is your sister, right?

Jaheira is great with a lot of interjections, but Senka doesn't like her.

Also, when you come back in time, you'll have Melora, Taffic and romancable Leina - all with their own big quests.

We have played this game many times and tried different combinations, so now it's up to you to decide about your own role-playing. smile.gif

And there are always evil options in the RPG such as BG.

For romancing Keldorn, you need to start as a smart and charming lady with a good nature and not to associate yourself with thieves.

Good luck.
Vlad
For TS - you'll need a pair of Kachiko-Yoshimo, of course.
Sergio1992
Thanks a lot Vlad. There is really a ton of content: that's great. From the little I’ve seen, the dialogues by the characters are on point and I'm looking forward to playing.

Senka
Dar has a long and interesting quest when you come back in time. He is also a good and formidable character. Senka likes him.
His banters with Keldorn is really brilliant smile.gif
aheira is great with a lot of interjections, but Senka doesn't like her.

Not true smile.gif I like her very much but druid-class is a piece of shit.

Good luck Sergio!
Sergio1992
Thanks Senka.
Some notes....

My current party is made of myself, Gar, Accalia, Hrothgar, Imoen. Damn the mod is pretty hard. I think I've done wrong by going multi fighter/mage, I'm almost useless. If I had a barbarian charname in these lands I would crush many enemies with my indomitable rage.

1) Did you face the "issue" that sometimes the bone cleaver axe will say "undead destroyed" but the undead will still be alive without no issue? Could it be related to the weapon or is it an engine quirk?

2) I read that in Icewind Dale the priestess of Auril won’t spawn before Knesselack asks you to kill her. Are these informations correct? If they are correct, you did a great thing by making it possibile to kill the priestess a soon as you wish to do so.

3) Is the full plate +2 supposed to cost only “30 gp”?

4) I like the possibilities you have when answering to Hrothgar. Most of the times I can see myself actually choosing another answer if I was playing a different charname. That’s neat. I admit I’m revealing him everything and I’m still wondering when he will ask about my heritage.

5) The party felt pretty silent until we reached the second level of the black wolf temple. In fact for a brief moment I regretted that I took Accalia with myself, only to see in 60 seconds a banter between her and Hrothgar. And also with Gar.

6) I reached Dragon Eye. Right now I’m kinda broke... there is so much stuff I would like to buy but I don’t have the money to do so. Beside, I’m thinking to actually give wisdom and int tomes to someone else rather than my charname, only to stop by thinking that if I have to romance Keldorn I need all I can get.
I know I could check the readme with spoilers, but I don’t feel like doing so.

7) Would you be interested if I sent you a link/or publish here/ some images with “text errors”? I’ve found only three and that’s a really huge achievement considering that I usually find many in huge content mods.
Senka
My current party is made of myself, Gar, Accalia, Hrothgar, Imoen. Damn the mod is pretty hard. I think I've done wrong by going multi fighter/mage, I'm almost useless. If I had a barbarian charname in these lands I would crush many enemies with my indomitable rage.

I said you: use dual wink.gif Actually you don't need mage in first part. And Shar and Hrothgar is really good fighters. Dar too.
And he is not Gar. He is Dar!
1. Don't understand. Bone clever kills undead perfectly
2. No. And in IWD too. You need to speak with her in Kuldahar inn.
3. Vanilla, hahaha
5. A lot of banters start when you go to sleep. Do it often.
6. As I remember Vlad removed any stats requirement but I strongly doubt wisdom and int below 10 is a option. Alignment and race are checked. But... you always can roll sufficient stats. I prefer to keep stats books for casters who stay with me.
7. Sent it to Vlad please.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 8 2019, 05:45 AM) *

I said you: use dual wink.gif Actually you don't need mage in first part. And Shar and Hrothgar is really good fighters. Dar too.
And he is not Gar. He is Dar!
1. Don't understand. Bone clever kills undead perfectly
2. No. And in IWD too. You need to speak with her in Kuldahar inn.
3. Vanilla, hahaha
5. A lot of banters start when you go to sleep. Do it often.
6. As I remember Vlad removed any stats requirement but I strongly doubt wisdom and int below 10 is a option. Alignment and race are checked. But... you always can roll sufficient stats. I prefer to keep stats books for casters who stay with me.
7. Sent it to Vlad please.

AHAH I've got to make errors rolleyes.gif concerning dual or not.
1. In my game it doesn't. I faced this weirdness only three times, but all in all, the issue is there.
2. Got it.
3. Okay
5. Okay
6. Okay
7. Will do.

New questions:
1) I've found an ancient armor. Should I take it with me?
2) I've found wine inside Dragon's eye. Should I take it with me?
3) Will I be able to use Myrkul's simbol to upgrade stuff or not ?
Vlad
As Senka said, to get most of the banters, you need to rest. You'll sure need to rest to heal the party. smile.gif

I use all tomes on myself, because I always rotate NPCs in the group.

You won't need an ancient armor. You'll need a Symbol of Myrkul to open a tomb in the quest. After the Vale of Shadows, you can sell it to the antiquarian merchant in Kuldahar.
Sergio1992
I think I may be finishing NEJ 1

SPOILER!
I've liked all of it, but there is a but... when you are in the astrolabe's room, you have two choices:
- either you ask the lich info about the astrolabe and its possibility to bring you to the past
- or you can say that you wish to take the portal to Kuldahar.

Choosing the first option will make your companions Dar and Hrothgar mention Kuldahar, but I've never said about going through that portal.

See here: https://imgur.com/a/5inCRCI

2) me being a bit paranoic about the items is due to the fact that there is an item upgrade mod tongue.gif included in Nej
Vlad
I've added the option of Kuldahar, so you could restock before stepping through a portal and complete side quests (to get a very nice cloak from Orrick for bringing him the book he asked, for example). My advise is to go back to Kuldahar.

You're fast, by the way. smile.gif
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 8 2019, 06:54 PM) *
I've added the option of Kuldahar, so you could restock before stepping through a portal and complete side quests (to get the great Robe of Orrick, for example). My advise is to go back to Kuldahar.

You're fast, by the way. smile.gif

1) You mean that there is also an option to go through the astrolabe's portal? Because choosing that option has no effect. And yes, I liked the option to go back to Kuldahar tongue.gif
2) By the way, I didn't get the robe aftering delivering the book to Orrick; I got "mithran's cloak"
3) After Irenicus got Imoen, these are the dialogues I've got: https://imgur.com/a/cQ8JHe6 - why is she referring to the old druid? To whom is she referring to?
4) I will save all the text errors in a folder, so you can check them whenever you want if you will ever release a later-than-final version tongue.gif
Senka
2. This is cloak of course
3. Arundel. But this is smtg wrong. This dialogue takes place before you go to the Severed Hand. I think this is due to you hadn't Shar early.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 8 2019, 08:48 PM) *
2. This is cloak of course
3. Arundel. But this is smtg wrong. This dialogue takes place before you go to the Severed Hand. I think this is due to you hadn't Shar early.

3. I've got a savegame if Vlad wants to test. And yes, I didn't have Sharteel before wink.gif

I've been doing Firkraag's quest with sharteel and I'm enjoying it! biggrin.gif

Edit: I payed Esmond 5k gold, but I'm not getting any item. Is this "normal"? I got a savegame right before entering the cavern in Umar Hills where he is hiding.
SPOILER!
Beside, if he uses the portal to flee, have I lost the items or not? If not, where should I go to find them?

Edit 2: is there anywhere where can I read who contributed to what? For example, who wrote Sharteel, who wrote Dar and so on.
Senka
I payed Esmond 5k gold, but I'm not getting any item. Is this "normal"? I got a savegame right before entering the cavern in Umar Hills where he is hiding.

Yes ))) You can choose any options - the end will be the same wink.gif And no, Shar got nothing.

The author of NEJ is larrienne.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 9 2019, 07:42 AM) *
I payed Esmond 5k gold, but I'm not getting any item. Is this "normal"? I got a savegame right before entering the cavern in Umar Hills where he is hiding.

Yes ))) You can choose any options - the end will be the same wink.gif And no, Shar got nothing.

The author of NEJ is larrienne.

SPOILER!
So you're telling me that no matter what happens, I'm not getting any juicy item?

See here: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5402

1) By the way, I've got Candlekeep and other places in my map.
I read they are related to Nej2, so I'm wondering: should I go there right now, or can I start going the third path without any issue? I mean, is there any chance I'm going to have to go there while I'm in the underdark? Hopefully not.

2) I've been trying to enter the guarded compound with the rogue stone but I'm not able to do so. Was a requisite or something of this sort added to be able to enter it?

3) Is there a bag of holding in NEJ1? I've seen many items being mentioned by Cromwell for its recipes that I've been selling in Kuldahar, so I'll probably never be able to upgrade them.

4) I told Jaheira we would have better chance if we separated while we were in Irenicus Dungeon. But she is nowhere to be found near the harpers inn. Where is she? And if she is disappeared, how am I supposed to get everyone from Irenicus dungeon to the surface?
I mean it is me, imoen, jaheira, minsc, sharteel, hrothgar, Dar, Yoshimo, Kachiko.
Senka
I read they are related to Nej2
They related to Melora and Dar quests. You will found it. Don't hurry to go to Underdark especially if you will play Keldorn romance/ And be sure: Hrothgar will say you what to do! Hahaha )))))

I've been trying to enter the guarded compound with the rogue stone but I'm not able to do so.

What? Do you mean Twisted Rune?

3. Conlan sell it. But this is not standard bag of holding.

I've seen many items being mentioned by Cromwell for its recipes that I've been selling in Kuldahar, so I'll probably never be able to upgrade them.
Why? He told you what he needs if he see any part of upgraded items. Sword, for example - you can do it from the very beginning. Helm-0f-intravision - Cromwell should say you what he needs
4. She is near Harper Hold as usual. May be you said to her smth wrong?
Yoshimo, Kachiko

You can sent them to inn just from Irenicus dungeon. Melora waiting for you. And if you don't let her in you will lost her forever. And her interesting quest too.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 9 2019, 10:39 AM) *
I read they are related to Nej2
They related to Melora and Dar quests. You will found it. Don't hurry to go to Underdark especially if you will play Keldorn romance/ And be sure: Hrothgar will say you what to do! Hahaha )))))

I've been trying to enter the guarded compound with the rogue stone but I'm not able to do so.
What? Do you mean Twisted Rune?

3. Conlan sell it. But this is not standard bag of holding.

I've seen many items being mentioned by Cromwell for its recipes that I've been selling in Kuldahar, so I'll probably never be able to upgrade them.
Why? He told you what he needs if he see any part of upgraded items. Sword, for example - you can do it from the very beginning. Helm-0f-intravision - Cromwell should say you what he needs
4. She is near Harper Hold as usual. May be you said to her smth wrong?
Yoshimo, Kachiko
You can sent them to inn just from Irenicus dungeon. Melora waiting for you. And if you don't let her in you will lost her forever. And her interesting quest too.

Yup I mean twisted rune. How do I enter the compound?

Where is Conlan?

I don't think I said Jaheira anything wrong. I said it was better to split when I opened her cage and that we would have better chance. And there is no better option than saying her "that my group had more chances if we had splitted". Oh well...

Cromwell recipes: I know that he can suggest me these, but I think I sold many items in Kuldahar. But I think you wouldn't be able to bring them with you anyway given that you wouldn't have enough space. So I'm asking if there is a bag of holding that can be find in Nej 1 (apart from the three you find on the guy in the tower) where you could put everything.

Another question: I cleansed the slaver compound's and found a note on the slave leader that directed me to captain Dennis. I didn't have any customized banter with him. Is that "normal"?

Also, I've found like 6-7 letters concerning Aura. What am I supposed to do with these?
Senka
Yup I mean twisted rune. How do I enter the compound?
Go to guarded compound first and read the letter )
Where is Conlan?

In Kuldahar. He is smith. He sell 3 bags.
I don't think I said Jaheira anything wrong. I said it was better to split when I opened her cage and that we would have better chance. And there is no better option than saying her "that my group had more chances if we had splitted". Oh well...
But she didn't said she will be in Harper Hold?
Another question: I cleansed the slaver compound's and found a note on the slave leader that directed me to captain Dennis. I didn't have any customized banter with him. Is that "normal"?

Also, I've found like 6-7 letters concerning Aura. What am I supposed to do with these?

You need all 7 letters and LT16. Keldorn not so talkative as Anomen or Kelsie. And you need to complete his own quest related Lady Maria.
Vlad
Sergio, it seems you're playing very fast and bypassing a lot of things. It is understandable because after playing so many times with different mods, you know everything in the game and rush to complete the walkthrough.

However, the present compilation of my mods creates a kind of a new game with [like you mentioned] a ton of things to do. The amount of quests makes the entire walkthrough different and non-linear. You must take this into account. Therefore, per one walkthrough, you won't be able to cover everything that my mods offer. Also, if you in rush, at least please take a look at the hints section. You don't need hints only if you're playing slowly, checking every NPC in the game, every quest and every item. Otherwise, you bypass a lot.

Now to your specific questions:

1) Sharteel is obsessed from the very beginning. Hence, the complete failure of her endeavors which makes her even more frustrated. She is completely pissed off and I don't see a single chance for her true personality to stay with the charname. I'd suggest to play with her in the group from the very beginning to see a lot of her banters and interjections in order to understand what's going on in that crazy head of hers. I don't like marking her evil. She's just obsessed and frustrated with her life, and she says the very true things, by the way. But you know, nobody likes the truth. smile.gif I've never left her to rot in the cell, so I've never checked this option with her dialogues. It simply doesn't make sense for me to install her great character and then to leave her in the cell.

2) If you don't have Dar and/or Melora and/or Taffic, you may still visit some BG1 areas, but their quests in these areas you'll miss. Dar's quest starts when you come back from Halruaa. Melora's quest starts when you visit the area near Candlekeep.

3) To open Twisted Rune you need a rogue stone and a letter from Guarded Compound after you dealt with the slaver's group there.

4) As Senka mentioned, there is a Wolf Pelt Bag in Kuldahar (sold by Conlan). If I remember correctly, there are also other bags of holding.

5) Janeira is seriously offended when you dropped her in the dungeon, no matter the reasons. She is leaving the dungeon on her own and may be gone forever. Minsc and Dar will be in Copper Coronet, and Yoshimo-Kachiko (if you choose good options in the dialogue) will wait for you in Sea Bounty.

6) All the NeJ was written by Larriene. She is a great British novelist, and I was really lucky to meet her. TS was written by Domi. By the way, her Valygar Romance is also in TS. There is also some material by Richard and others (see Credits section).

7) Basically you need to collect different ingredients throughout the Realms to have Cromwell upgrade your items. Once the first component of an item to be upgraded appears in your inventor/bag, Cromwell will tell you which other items he needs for the upgrade. Keep an eye on different components when you explore different areas.

8) Letters and Notes that you mentioned are for the Third Path and Keldorn Romance. When you collect all of them, a messenger will appear to call arms for war with Riatavin. If you're not romancing Keldorn, you may drop these letters.

All in all, it is advisable to complete ALL the NPCs quests including the major part of Keldorn Romance before sailing to Brynnlaw. Then you'll have the TS island and will be able to complete the TS major quest. Also, the second part of NeJ (travel to Halruaa) you are supposed to complete before departing for Brynnlaw. The last (third) part start in the Underdark.
Senka
there is a Wolf Pelt Bag in Kuldahar (sold by Conlan).

Not wolf. Yeti smile.gif
And Aldwin sold some bags too.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 9 2019, 01:13 PM) *
Sergio, it seems you're playing very fast and bypassing a lot of things. It is understandable because after playing so many times with different mods, you know everything in the game and rush to complete the walkthrough.

However, the present compilation of my mods creates a kind of a new game with [like you mentioned] a ton of things to do. The amount of quests makes the entire walkthrough different and non-linear. You must take this into account. Therefore, per one walkthrough, you won't be able to cover everything that my mods offer. Also, if you in rush, at least please take a look at the hints section. You don't need hints only if you're playing slowly, checking every NPC in the game, every quest and every item. Otherwise, you bypass a lot.

Now to your specific questions:

1) Sharteel is obsessed from the very beginning. Hence, the complete failure of her endeavors which makes her even more frustrated. She is completely pissed off and I don't see a single chance for her true personality to stay with the charname. I'd suggest to play with her in the group from the very beginning to see a lot of her banters and interjections in order to understand what's going on in that crazy head of hers. I don't like marking her evil. She's just obsessed and frustrated with her life, and she says the very true things, by the way. But you know, nobody likes the truth. smile.gif I've never left her to rot in the cell, so I've never checked this option with her dialogues. It simply doesn't make sense for me to install her great character and then to leave her in the cell.

2) If you don't have Dar and/or Melora and/or Taffic, you may still visit some BG1 areas, but their quests in these areas you'll miss. Dar's quest starts when you come back from Halruaa. Melora's quest starts when you visit the area near Candlekeep.

3) To open Twisted Rune you need a rogue stone and a letter from Guarded Compound after you dealt with the slaver's group there.

4) As Senka mentioned, there is a Wolf Pelt Bag in Kuldahar (sold by Conlan). If I remember correctly, there are also other bags of holding.

5) Janeira is seriously offended when you dropped her in the dungeon, no matter the reasons. She is leaving the dungeon on her own and may be gone forever. Minsc and Dar will be in Copper Coronet, and Yoshimo-Kachiko (if you choose good options in the dialogue) will wait for you in Sea Bounty.

6) All the NeJ was written by Larriene. She is a great British novelist, and I was really lucky to meet her. TS was written by Domi. By the way, her Valygar Romance is also in TS. There is also some material by Richard and others (see Credits section).

7) Basically you need to collect different ingredients throughout the Realms to have Cromwell upgrade your items. Once the first component of an item to be upgraded appears in your inventor/bag, Cromwell will tell you which other items he needs for the upgrade. Keep an eye on different components when you explore different areas.

8) Letters and Notes that you mentioned are for the Third Path and Keldorn Romance. When you collect all of them, a messenger will appear to call arms for war with Riatavin. If you're not romancing Keldorn, you may drop these letters.

All in all, it is advisable to complete ALL the NPCs quests including the major part of Keldorn Romance before sailing to Brynnlaw. Then you'll have the TS island and will be able to complete the TS major quest. Also, the second part of NeJ (travel to Halruaa) you are supposed to complete before departing for Brynnlaw. The last (third) part start in the Underdark.

BEING FAST. Fast is a cute term and I would tend to agree with it, but it’s not only about being fast. I’ve got a honed way of doing things, because I know quest order, spots, encounter, even the traps I’m going to meet in vanilla game. I won’t say even that I know the equipment, because I would sound obsessed, but let’s just say that I know when things are out of the ordinary tongue.gif
So, having some new content makes me lusting for everything at once: I'll try to be slower biggrin.gif

1) Next time I’ll bring Sharteel with me. After leaving Irenicus dungeon I took Sharteel with me because my charname wouldn’t have left her here; add on top of that that the first quest the group did was the one with Firkraag and what was said between her and Firkraag intrigued me a lot.

To which option are you referring to ...? The one with charname leaving her into the cell before returning?

Anyway, if you don’t see a chance for her to stay with Charname, I would advise to make it impossible to “persuade” her after meeting the guy that is supposed to give you the firkraag’s loot and to make evident that YOU ARE NOT getting any items from him. Because right now it is far from evident.

2) Okay, thanks. I had to ask because these areas were added right after coming back from Nej but I didn’t know if I was supposed to go there myself or I could (should...) wait. Would it be hard to make these map markers appear as soon as Hrothgar asks you to go there?

3) Are you supposed to find a message that will make you enter the guarded compound in the temple district, or is charname supposed to go there while exploring?

4) I only found the three brown bags and I didn’t see the others. My bad.

5) Doubt I will take Yoshimo �“ Kachiko
So you are telling me that if I got charname, Minsc, Sharteel, Dar, Hrothgar, Imoen, I’m supposed to drop Imoen and take Jaheira with me?But I wouldn’t have a thief and that’s harmful for the last part of the dungeon. Unless I reach the end of the dungeon, drop imoen, then come back to Jaheira and take Jaheira. Is that what am I supposed to do?

6) Got it.

7) By the way, there are so many things that I could be upgrading. Tell me you got a list somewhere. I’m asking because for example I brought with me lot of trash because I thought I could be upgrading them via Cromwell. E.g: ancient armor; skulls; cursed ring etc.

8) Found the letters in the following one:
- Captain dennis (five flagons inn)
- the group in the sewer of the temple district
- one of the slavers inside the ship area (the one where you come in from the sewers with Lilarcors)
- Forgot the others

9) Thanks for these notes. I saw your hints but they are a little too spoilerish for my taste. I’ll resort to that, I guess, if I need it.
Senka
3. Honestly, guarded compound is a part of original Nalia quest. If her quest not completed you haven't any reasons to enter ))
4. Don't kill Aldwin! )))) He is useful
5. You need have Yoshimo in party. Then you can let him and Kachico go to Sea Bounty. Then you will return to Jaheira. But if I didn't plan to have her in party I release her, let join and then said her go. And she said you she will waiting for you near Harper Hold.

E.g: ancient armor; skulls; cursed ring etc.
No-no. It's useless. Cromwel needs the real things ) Don't sell swords, helms, ioun-stones, necklaces, rings (not cursed, hehe... )

Captain dennis (five flagons inn)

Delasar Inn. You can start the quest about gong but don't agree to help Dennis!
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 9 2019, 08:52 PM) *
3. Honestly, guarded compound is a part of original Nalia quest. If her quest not completed you haven't any reasons to enter ))
4. Don't kill Aldwin! )))) He is useful
5. You need have Yoshimo in party. Then you can let him and Kachico go to Sea Bounty. Then you will return to Jaheira. But if I didn't plan to have her in party I release her, let join and then said her go. And she said you she will waiting for you near Harper Hold.

E.g: ancient armor; skulls; cursed ring etc.
No-no. It's useless. Cromwel needs the real things ) Don't sell swords, helms, ioun-stones, necklaces, rings (not cursed, hehe... )

Captain dennis (five flagons inn)
Delasar Inn. You can start the quest about gong but don't agree to help Dennis!

Senka

3. I've never heard of original Nalia quest. From what I know in original BG it's all about entering the place that was supposed to be part of a quest but never was. Does Nej add a quest for nalia to enter the place?
4. I didn't kill him , I just didn't find the bags
5. I didn't know to which gong you're referring. But the captain I've killed had the letter. Read on the .net that you're referring to the limited wish quest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.