Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sergio1992
Vlad, can you look here? http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...amp;#entry57440
Sergio1992
Vlad, just to let you know, I've found a bug with Leina.

He asks me about what happened to his father. Just to let you know:
1) Bodhi path
2) I spared the father
3) I killed Duvaine right when leaving the labyrinth area
4) If you want to make the bug happen, just ctrl+t

Please check here: https://filebin.net/1h7spdrnnnlm2zo6/000000....rar?t=7dcnl480

I also released Vlad's compilation nitpicks here: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...amp;#entry57449
Vlad
Could you please describe it? 1)-3) is okay. Vulova (her father and one of the slaver barons) has left for reinforcement and you'll probably be hunted. Leina is asking about her father and then you have different options to answer. You can lie to her of course if you want.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 18 2019, 11:56 AM) *
Could you please describe it? 1)-3) is okay. Vulova (her father and one of the slaver barons) has left for reinforcement and you'll probably be hunted. Leina is asking about her father and then you have different options to answer. You can lie to her of course if you want.

Ah sorry, thought I had published an image but I didn't. I will show with an image, it is better than words:

https://ibb.co/vxtQHT3
Sergio1992
Vlad, question: am I wrong or you can't actually sell the slaves in Dar's quest to the slavers?
Vlad
I'll check why the dialogue has become broken. I've played the last time and everything was fine.

You can sell sometimes slaves. But Dar will leave.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 21 2019, 02:29 AM) *
You can sell sometimes slaves. But Dar will leave.

How? Tried many dialogue options and it always ends with him leaving my group together with the slaves.

Also, any thought to making it possible to sell them after you did the quest? It would be cool if a slaver came to you gently asking when you've finished the quests related to the book wink.gif
Vlad
Good idea! thumb.gif
Sergio1992
Hey Vlad,
I was said you may be interested into the review of Nej I published here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60457-reviews/?p=607561
Vlad
Thank you.
Senka
Waiting for your VC review
Sergio1992
A note about Dar and his quest: it would be cool if you could sell not only the slaves, but also tell the slavers that they could "ideologically" enslave the slavers with the book you could be selling them.

Rewards:
- For the slaves you should get a huge amount of gold coins
- For the book you get a powerful evil artifact

Note: Another bonus should be added if you force Dar to actually go with the slavers and enslave him.

I'm evil, I know.
Vlad
I wonder if you saw the option of selling slaves. The buyers should appear in some time. I'll check the script. Please put it on the list.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 30 2019, 05:42 PM) *
I wonder if you saw the option of selling slaves. The buyers should appear in some time. I'll check the script. Please put it on the list.

Every option I tried, no matter what, always ends with Dar leaving with the slaves right after. I added that to the list.
Sergio1992
1) Also, if you wish I've got a savegame available right before meeting the slaves. Maybe it could prove useful ?

2) Question: I didn't bring Taffic with me the first time. Does he have an evil and rewarding path?
Vlad
Taffic is chaotic evil by default. He has a short quest and he'll leave providing the space for Imoen, but a lot of banters and interjections. I really like him a lot.
Senka
He is CN wink.gif
Sergio1992
Some personal thoughts: would it be possible to add alternative paths for the druid grove mission concerning ritellium. I like the quest the way it is but yesterday I thought I m not exactly sure it is as good as it can get.
When entering the cave you find the image with the three dwarves. I think she acts kinda stupidly given that you are 6 vs 1 and in the centre of a place full of powerful people. Maybe she should bargain with you ?

You may or may not agree, but just for "fantasy" I would like to imagine different scenarios:

> Good: current path is fine

> Neutral: she offers you ritellium in exchange for letting the duergar keep excavating. Currently there is only one piece of ritellium, so she should probably bargain with you for it, or attack you for it.

> Evil: I guess this path coincides with the good one, because after killing the girl as per the good option, you tell the dwarves to keep scouring the rocks but they tell you nothing more can be found.

> Ultraevil: you make them lose their life while excavating. Your choice if you get a reward or not.
Sergio1992
Some more ideas:

- you bring the nuts to the nimph; after sharteel discussion you could always ask them for more and actually skin them if they don’t give you stuff. Actually I would skin them anyway given that I’m a CE charname – you would get a nymph cloak as the one you get in hell.
- After poisoning the grove it would be cool if you 1) you could get a decent item and 2) if the guy that actually hired you could give you a new quest to actually remove silently (or not) the major from the town
- You could find a new clue to Zhentarims and Cromwell/a zhentarim npc/ could upgrade you the human flesh armor with the nymph skin and a ring of regeneration
- Druids would answer to your poisoning by actually inviting you somewhere. You would be in their “soon to be dead” target.
- The demon lord in Ust Nasta should give something worth your effort if you bring him Adalon’s egg. Currently the halberd you get is silly. He could even offer you to upgrade your flesh armor or a location on where some powerful evil artifacts are hiding.

Sergio1992
This would probably warrant a huge work, but given that I saved these images with text errors (or at least almost of all them should have one) I find that publishing them here could be useful, in the case you are going to fix them.

If you are not, at least I published them and I can free my mind of the thought that I should publish them.

Nej text errors: https://imgur.com/a/dxILFtH

Sergio1992
Questions:

1) I have asked if slavers attacks could be interrupted after underdark. I got another proposal too: given that there is a restored slaver quest, would it be possible to also link solving that one to the interruption of attacks by slavers? I don't know if it makes sense because I've never played the restored quest.

2) What are you supposed to do to play the restored quest? From what I know you should find a letter in the guarded compound. I found it and there are references to the bridge district. But no suggestion about having to use a rogue stone or w/e.

3) Also, did Vlad publish in one of his videos the "restored slaver quest"? Couldn't find any reference.
Sergio1992
Some photos, dunno if they were published already.. But just to be sure:

https://imgur.com/a/SFd0x46
Vlad
Hi Sergio,

I'll address all the issues you have recently raised in the next release. It will take a few months though. smile.gif

Thanks,
Vlad.
Sergio1992
Thanks Vlad.
Sergio1992
Hello Vlad,
how are you ? Any new?

Vlad
Hi Sergio.
Regarding modding, no news. RL is not easy, particular these days.
Sergio1992
I may have forgot to note in the first post the issue mentioned here :

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?...ost&p=57246

Check the sharteel stuff
Senka
Link isn't working. Just repeat it
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Aug 11 2020, 08:05 PM) *
Link isn't working. Just repeat it

Done. I'm referring to point 3) on the link
Vlad
Thanks, Sergio. I'm working on a new version, fully professionally voiced. I'm doing this with Speechelo - native voice generator, it's great, sounds like real voices. smile.gif
Sergio1992
Great to know.

I hope everything is going right in these period for both you and Senka.

Any new about a release?
Vlad
Hi Sergio,

Everything is good. Thanks. Just too busy these days. But this all is still on my list. smile.gif

Take care.
Sergio1992
Hello Vlad, I sent you a pm.

Hope everything is going fine. I'm publishing a post here because I seem to remember you would receive notifications if anyone posted in this topic.

See you.
Vlad
Thank you, Sergio.
Sergio1992
Vlad I read only today your private message tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.