Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Senka
3. You never keep Nalia in your party? A week later, after the castle was released from trolls, she was invited to her father’s funeral. There is a conversation with her "groom", and a day later she is arrested. You must find evidence that her fiancé is a criminal, during which this very guarded compound comes up. This is original plot.
4. In his shop BEFORE you blackmail him )) After the inventory is changed.
5. Yes, limited wish quest. Just to have a reason to kill him ))))
Sergio1992
Understood, thank you. What's left to do for me:

1) Nalia's quest, Valygar's quest, cleansing both Bodhi and Aran (because I took the third path), Umar hills quest, Trademeet quest.
2) Hopefully everything will be sorted out.
3) Next time I'll take that damn bag. Does it have infinite storage? I hope so eheh
Senka
Does it have infinite storage?

No way! )) 40 items I believe
You can buy it in Hallrua
(I put BOH in my inventory using SK, hehe)
Well, Vlad, maybe you should return it to Jolaw shop...
Senka
cleansing both Bodhi and Aran (because I took the third path)

How so? In third part Bodhi is absence in graveyard district
Sergio1992
The infinite storage is something I would love AHAHAH. Usually I use a tweak to make bag of holding store 999 items.
I'll buy it in Hallrua when Hrothgar asks me to go there (hopefully soon)

Vlad, please, add a bag to Jolaw shop tongue.gif

By the way, you're telling me that for the third path you don't have to kill Bodhi? I thought that refusing the thieves meant you had to destroy them and the vampires. Am I wrong?
Senka
I thought that refusing the thieves meant you had to destroy them and the vampires. Am I wrong?

As i said there is no option to destroy vampires in graveyard district. They just absence here.
Sergio1992
Got it thank you.

Question: I've found the bright pearl ioun stone (nalia's fortress) and it is supposed to give me an additional 7th and 8th spell, but sadly, I'm not getting it.
Senka
Don't understand. Can you cast 7-8 spells?
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 12:04 PM) *
Don't understand. Can you cast 7-8 spells?

I'm level 11 mage and as such I cannot cast level 7 and 8th spell

I've found a gem that in the description tells it makes you able to cast an additional 7th and 8th spell, but I'm not getting this "bonus".
Senka
You will get bonus slots when you can cast 7-8 )
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 12:36 PM) *
You will get bonus slots when you can cast 7-8 )

Ah understood. Thank you! tongue.gif

Vlad will be surprised when he comes back and sees all these posts...

By the way, is there any cluaconsole variable I could use to check Keldorn Romance?
Senka
What exactly you want to check?
As usual:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("KeldornRomanceActive", "GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk", "LOCALS").
But this is not says a lot
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 12:48 PM) *
What exactly you want to check?
As usual:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("KeldornRomanceActive", "GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk", "LOCALS").
But this is not says a lot

I want to see if the romance is still going or something messed up

edit: it works! I got another dialogue. I am at "I'd like to tell you, Lara, that I respect your decision to give me ..."
Senka
If you will be polite, everything will be ok )
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 01:02 PM) *
If you will be polite, everything will be ok )

Two questions:

1) I've found four heads of the flail inside nalia's fortress. Did I miss one?
2) I had hoped that choosing third path would have left Renal here in the thief fortress. Am I wrong by thinking that the better choice is gutting Renal after doing its quest, then going to Gaelan and choose third path?
Senka
1. Yes ) You need 5. Check all chests. 3 in a first flow and 2 in a second
2. You should do this quest early. Because whole house is reload after you kill Gaelan.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 01:45 PM) *
1. Yes ) You need 5. Check all chests. 3 in a first flow and 2 in a second
2. You should do this quest early. Because whole house is reload after you kill Gaelan.

Damn... I found only 4 and now I got the fortress. Hopefully everything was not reset tongue.gif

I already did renal's quest. I just wanted his boots, you know tongue.gif
Vlad
All flail heads are there (cold, fire, acid, electric, poison). I think the first instance of the flail you find has already two heads. Anyway, there should be five heads in the keep.

My order of quests in the Third Path: 1) Complete the quests of Renal, 2) Meet and join Keldorn, 3) Kill Gaelan, 4) Kill Aran, 5) Collect all the letters in between, 6) Meet Saemon in Sea Bounty in 10 days. Bodhi in this scenario won't appear or won't cooperate. So you cannot destroy both guilds.
Senka
Hopefully everything was not reset

No way
Use SK...
Vlad
Why to discard the improved TS quest with new areas? Take Y-K when you are ready to sail to Brynnlaw and release them from service after the last dialogue of Kachiko when you refuse to kill Yoshimo for his betrayal.
Vlad
Areas of BG1 are free to visit any time. You may also ask Hrothgar to teleport you there using his teleportation device any time you want. It works by initiating a dialogue with him. The scripts in the areas run dependent on the presence of certain NPCs in your group. If Melora is not in the group, visiting the area next to CK won't initiate appearance of the bounty hunters.
Sergio1992
I've killed Aran and now all I have to do is going to Saemon.

Hopefully moving to Candlekeep makes it possible to start Nej2. I went there with Hrothgar but I wasn't able yet to use PID on him because he was ambushed.

You may also ask Hrothgar to teleport you there using his teleportation device any time you want. --> Hrothgar has currently no PID when I'm in nalia's castle. Unless you meant while I'm supposed to be in Candlekeep?

Edit: I went to Candlekeep. I was ambushed for Melora's quest.
Vlad
Okay, I've answered about Sharteel in her thread. It was a bad idea to enable her to stay with the group if that what's you mean. But let's continue the discussion about her in that topic.
Vlad
I just want to add that when you finish this first walkthrough, you'll have more ideas about what to expect, then you'll be able to plan your game in advance and enjoy it more as we do. laugh.gif
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 10 2019, 02:40 PM) *
I just want to add that when you finish this first walkthrough, you'll have more ideas about what to expect, then you'll be able to plan your game in advance and enjoy it more as we do. laugh.gif

When i'll be completing Nej, If you wish to ask for something in particular it or if you got some questions or whatever, you could write a list of questions in word file and I will answer it.
Vlad
I'll probably make the very last version with all these corrections. Senka also has her list. smile.gif
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 10 2019, 03:07 PM) *
I'll probably make the very last version with all these corrections. Senka also has her list. smile.gif

I got also some text errors too, if you'll never find the will to correct these, but they are many and I would understand if you don't want to.

Question: is there any reason I can't find .tra files for the dialogues ?
Senka
Sergio, be careful talking with Keldorn in Mortuary and after resurrection. This is a lot of possibilities to ruin the romance.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 03:28 PM) *
Sergio, be careful talking with Keldorn in Mortuary and after resurrection. This is a lot of possibilities to ruin the romance.

More than that, I'm afraid about
1) not being able to find all the letters (or that I involuntarily trashed them)
2) Melora left me. I tried to enter Candlekeep but I have no book. I take that this is not the right time to start Nej2 and I should wait for Hrothgar to ask me to go to Ulcaster, or should I go straight to Ulcaster? I could go to Umar hills and cleanse it from the shadow dragon if that's the case.

Vlad
No .tra files because there are no translations. Also, when I was making the mods, .tra files did not exist.

There is a list of letters in the hint section if I'm not mistaken.

You had many books in the first part. You even could borrow some books from Geralith in SH, where you got Mithal Theory. You'll need at least two ancient tomes.

You can go to Ulcaster whenever you want. Tilorn will be waiting for you there.
Senka
More than that, I'm afraid about

Just be polite wink.gif This is your PC loves Keldorn, hehe.
1. 7 items. Dennis has 2 as I remember.
2. After her quest? This is normal.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 10 2019, 03:50 PM) *
No .tra files because there are no translations. Also, when I was making the mods, .tra files did not exist.

There is a list of letters in the hint section if I'm not mistaken.

You had many books in the first part. You even could borrow some books from Geralith in SH, where you got Mithal Theory. You'll need at least two ancient tomes.

You can go to Ulcaster whenever you want. Tilorn will be waiting for you there.

I don't think I've taken any books from the past with me. I had no inventory slots free for these ohmy.gif

Hopefully I'll find something good in the present ...
Vlad
Melora left to vacate a slot for Imoen. biggrin.gif

CLUA books to enter CK. You'll need them.
Senka
Ctrl-J always works
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 10 2019, 03:57 PM) *
Melora left to vacate a slot for Imoen. biggrin.gif

CLUA books to enter CK. You'll need them.

ow shit.

When I read your comments about these books I had hoped I would find a book in Ulcaster

Anyway I left much stuff there because I simply had no place in the inventory of my companions. A bag of holding is sorely needed and if possible with all the convenient space that it can get (999 slots) - that's cheap I know, but I was able to also fill the potions bag glare.gif

Vlad, would it be possible to add a PID to make Nej 2 happen? Just to make it more consistent. For example right now when I reached Ulcaster the journal note tells me that it was Hrothgar that asked me, but he didn't. How much time are you supposed to wait before Hrothgar actually asks you to go there?

@Senka

I will go for CTRL+j, thanks

Edit: I entered Candlekeep, but there are only generic npcs and didn't find anything interesting. sad.gif
edit 2: the map marker have also some issues, given that there are dialogues instead of being map markers tongue.gif
edit 3: so the mage gave us robes for going to Halruaa. Question: I read around that you're supposed to find Taffic in the forest.
Senka
I entered Candlekeep, but there are only generic npcs and didn't find anything interesting.
Because Dar quest didn't start.
Question: I read around that you're supposed to find Taffic in the forest

Trade Meet. He stands near gates

How much time are you supposed to wait before Hrothgar actually asks you to go there?

He ask you twice: just entering Athkatla and day after. Third time you havn't choice. He teleport you or leave forever.
Sergio1992
Damn the requisites to go to Halruaa are very strict tongue.gif

Question: the mage said to leave the stuff in Ulcaster and now I'm wondering: I left all the stuff in a body inside the dungeon of Ulcaster. Is that okay, or will everything get refreshed and I will lose all my equipment?
I noticed that when I dropped some stuff on the floor in front of him it disappeared ( I may remember wrong).
Senka
Is that okay
It's ok. Body isn't refreshed

I noticed that when I dropped some stuff on the floor in front of him it disappeared ( I may remember wrong).

Yes. Don't take with you any weapon, armor, helms too. Robes and magic staff are ok. Any mages items are ok. But check your inventory after teleport. If smth absented it lost forever
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 05:14 PM) *
Is that okay
It's ok. Body isn't refreshed

Yes. Don't take with you any weapon, armor, helms too. Robes and magic staff are ok. Any mages items are ok. But check your inventory after teleport. If smth absented it lost forever

thanks.
I got a question: after entering the purple orb room, I couldn't find any exit. Am I missing anything?
Sergio1992
1) Do you get worse rewards by asking the mage for scrolls before doing the tests?

2) Symbols on the floor: are you supposed to know that you've to touch the symbols on the floor after finding Bartemy's diary? I mean I know about having to touch these symbols, but I would like to understand if the player gets to know that by doing the quest for the mage that has a thieving problem.

3) I take these ritellium weapons can't be brought to the future?

Senka
1. Because I know what I need I always memorize required spell. Or have some scrolls ))))
Every mage give reward. Some of them really cool ))
2. Mmmm... what symbols you mean? Of schools? Running through with guy-in-green robe? If you lost one of them you will suffer. Lighting or flamestrike will hit you.
3. Yes. Didn't you found him? How???
In a hint section I posted walkthrough. If you want I can send to you. Its old by working. There are 7 schools as I remember.
4. I didn't pay attention, so...
Senka
I got a question: after entering the purple orb room, I couldn't find any exit. Am I missing anything?
Try green screen

3) I take these ritellium weapons can't be brought to the future?

Alas )
Sergio1992
Seems like I had already edited the questions when you answered. Damn sad.gif

Edit 1: is the player supposed to interact with these symbols on the floor?

Senka
Seems like I had already edited the questions when you answered. Damn
But I gave you all you needed, yes?
how is the player supposed to know the order on which to touch these symbols? I checked this: http://www.gamebanshee.com/arcanum/walkthr...llaexterior.php but it doesn't seem to work.

You run after Cario ))
I take these symbols are supposed to open the areas where the teachers are residing?
Yes
I saw the walkthrough but they make no reference to how the player is supposed to understand in which order to touch these symbols.

Cario meet you as you entering. And show.
(I ask Vlad many time to remove this... It made me crazy in Arcanum ))))) But he doesn't want)

AAAAA! You did it again! )))))
Sergio1992
This is the part I hate the most in Arcanum too. That's why I was using the walkthrough on gamesbanshee eheheh

Vlad, why don't you want to remove this part? Is it due to the dialogues that have been added to the tutor?

I will tell you my experience as a player. The tutor tells you not to touch the symbols on the floor; I complied, because I thought I would be finding a scheme later to do that. And now I discover you have to touch them while he is showing you all of the symbols. sad.gif

Senka, how should Vlad remove this part, according to you ?

Edit: Senka, I still don't understand how to leave the purple orb area. There are no pictures I can interact with.
edit 2: Senka, in one of the questions above, I asked if the teachers can give different rewards according to how well your "test" goes. For example, some teachers will say they will penalize you because they have to give you scrolls. Is that true? Do you get a worse reward if they give you scrolls?
Senka
Opening all doors ))))
Senka, I still don't understand how to leave the purple orb area. There are no pictures I can interact with.

Green screen. You should touch it more than one time. Until dialogue will started.
Is that true? Do you get a worse reward if they give you scrolls?

As I said I don't know. I always have scrolls or memorized spells.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 08:51 PM) *
Opening all doors ))))
Senka, I still don't understand how to leave the purple orb area. There are no pictures I can interact with.
Green screen. You should touch it more than one time. Until dialogue will started.
Is that true? Do you get a worse reward if they give you scrolls?

As I said I don't know. I always have scrolls or memorized spells.

I think the same as you Senka. Even if some dialogues and script will be lost in the process. Hopefully Vlad will hear our pleas.

1) Senka, where is Garron?

2) Charisma is useful for lowering shop prices: was this added by Vlad or was it included in Baldurash?
Senka
Garron is in house near Lillias. Second left if you look on the main building. But only after you find a letter in Brial room
Charisma is useful for lowering shop prices: was this added by Vlad or was it included in Baldurash?

This is ADD smile.gif
http://stane0.tripod.com/BG1Tables.html
In BG2 the same. But! Cha > 21 not really working

Did you complete ROM quest?
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 10 2019, 09:58 PM) *
Garron is in house near Lillias. Second left if you look on the main building. But only after you find a letter in Brial room
Charisma is useful for lowering shop prices: was this added by Vlad or was it included in Baldurash?

This is ADD smile.gif
http://stane0.tripod.com/BG1Tables.html
In BG2 the same. But! Cha > 21 not really working

I didn't meet Lillias. Is she the girl you're supposed to meet if you forge the ring of might?
Senka
Is she the girl you're supposed to meet if you forge the ring of might?

Yes. Her robe blue-and-white.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.