Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IAv6 for BG2EE
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
critto
and the helmet won't make Cernd a Warrior, although it could make Jaheira a bit more playable.

She'll be much more playable in v6.2 wink.gif
Azoth
Another minor "bug". After rescuing Cernd's child, he should leave to the druid grove. In my game he left the party but never the Deril estate, even could let him join directly again. When travelling to Druid Grove he was there, so no big deal.

This Lagole Gon lich is crying out for some more content... wink.gif
Azoth
Are there still some stealable shops out there or can i quit looking for?
critto
Another minor "bug". After rescuing Cernd's child, he should leave to the druid grove. In my game he left the party but never the Deril estate, even could let him join directly again. When travelling to Druid Grove he was there, so no big deal.
Do you use ToB or EE, please remind me?

Are there still some stealable shops out there or can i quit looking for?

No, there aren't, at least with anything significant.
Azoth
Playing:
BG2ee
Patch 1.3
Updated to weidu 238
EoU v33 only components which are listed in Document IV-Installation.txt
Dungeon be gone v17
ToD v4.0 couldnt resist...
IA 6.1
The Four v4

Unsignificant also helps biggrin.gif
Just found the Dealer at the City Gates not being immune to Jans pick pocketing skills. He doesn't buy fenced goods and you can only visit him once. So no major abuse possible...
Krell
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jun 6 2015, 09:30 AM) *

Unsignificant also helps biggrin.gif
Just found the Dealer at the City Gates not being immune to Jans pick pocketing skills. He doesn't buy fenced goods and you can only visit him once. So no major abuse possible...

The dealer at the city gates is actually the trader from Brynnlaw, so he can be visited several times while in Brynnlaw. And btw any stealable shop is a major abuse. Sell everything of value you have to him, then pickpocket it back. Still, there are several other infinite gold exploits (if you have the patience) like Wishing for potions for example.
Azoth
The dealer at the city gates is actually the trader from Brynnlaw, so he can be visited several times while in Brynnlaw. And btw any stealable shop is a major abuse. Sell everything of value you have to him, then pickpocket it back.
Ok, didn't notice that he is also the trader from Brynnlaw. But when he shows up at the city gates, you can only steal the number off different items as your thief has free slots in his backpack. Once you leave the shop the dealer is gone.

Still, there are several other infinite gold exploits (if you have the patience) like Wishing for potions for example.

Don't have the time nor the patience to do so...
Azoth
Didn't know that summoned Skeleton Warriors can become unconscious?!? But Bessen, the wizard in the Harper Hold somehow did...
critto
Seems like a lot of stuff pop ups in BG2EE. Where did that skeleton warrior came from?
Azoth
via Cleric's "Animate Dead" spell
Azoth
Doom's spell description says casting time of 9. When casting in game it's much faster...
critto
OK, will fix it, thank you.
Azoth
Resist Fire/Resist Cold and Protection from Fire are stacking to fire resistance of 127. Not sure if this is the intended behaviour?

144- The 3rd level clerical spell "Protection from Fire" is fixed to set resistance to fire to
100% rather than adding 100% to the current resistances.
Krell
Protection from Fire does indeed sets the value of Fire res to 100%. However, Resist Fire/Resist Cold actually adds +50% to fire/cold resistance. There are numerous spells/items that actually *set* the value, and other spells/items/potions which actually add +% to the already set value. Will list the most notable:

*Set* resistance value: ProFire, Cold, Acid, Electricity, Lightning, Dragon Helm, and several more.
*Added* resistance value: Resist Fire/Cold, Protection from the Elements, Protection from Energy, all resistance-type potions like Fire, Absorbtion, Cold, etc, all green protection scrolls, Ring of Fire Resistance, Ring of Fire Control, Drizzt's scimitar Frostbrand, a number of other fire res items, Boots of Grounding, Boots of the North, Hammer of Thor, Fireshields Red and Blue, and many many more.

Not sure about the spell Protection from Magic Energy, in v5 it actually added 100% to the Magical resistance, maybe in v6 it has been changed to set it.

critto
I'll check it out, thanks.
bulian
Hello glad to see more developmemt being done on IA! Wondering whether its possible to provide a description of the new monk class? Also any thoughts on pace of future development? After a long break from BG2, I happened to start up a game in 6.0 a couple weeks before 6.1 was released so if 6.2 will be coming out "soon" i would just finish my current game before starting over with 6.1.

Lastly, are there any issues with installing 6.1 with vanilla vs EE? I havent and dont have immediate plans to purchase BG2:EE.

Thanks again! Im quite excited for more IA adventures!!
critto
Wondering whether its possible to provide a description of the new monk class?
See the note in the end of my post. It is copied verbatim from the current monk's description. Monk kits that are added by EE function in the same way except for those abilities that they get (we haven't made any changes to those).

Also any thoughts on pace of future development?

I try to keep working on it regularly. We're testing the v6.2 which'll probably be the last "training" release before we get back to v7 full-time. I don't think that v6.2 will be out earlier than the middle of July. As for v7, there's plenty to be done, so the optimistic prognosis is mid-autumn.

Lastly, are there any issues with installing 6.1 with vanilla vs EE? I havent and dont have immediate plans to purchase BG2:EE.

No, there aren't. We are testing the game on vanilla and everything should be ok. In fact, I strongly recommend playing the mod on vanilla if you haven't tried 6.0 before. I love EE mostly for the fact that it gives me opportunity to work on the mod (it installs on my macbook, so I can always steal a few minutes here and there in my erratic schedule; I never had had the time to sit for a good several hours long modding session with a windows laptop) and there has put me back on track with the progress towards long-promised v7. However, EE is very buggy right now, path finding is bad and issues are numerous in the game itself. Which is why, honestly speaking, EE is not the best platform for the first run-through of IA.

CODE
MONK: Monks are warriors who pursue perfection through contemplation as well as action. They are versatile fighters, especially skilled in combat without weapons or armor. Though Monks cannot cast spells, they have a unique magic of their own: they channel a subtle energy, called ki, which allows them to perform amazing feats. The Monk's best known feat is their ability to stun an opponent with an unarmed blow.

CLASS FEATURES:

- May not wear any armor.
- May only use weapons available to the Thief class (except two-handed).
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in Single-Weapon Style and may not put slots into any other style.
- Moves 2 points faster than other characters. Movement rate further improves by 1 every 5 levels.
- May make 1 unarmed attack per round. An additional 1/2 attack per round is gained every 3 levels. Damage dealt by unarmed attacks increases with level as follows:
  Level 1-2: 1d6
  Level 3-5: 1d8
  Level 6-8: 1d10
  Level 9-14: 2d6
  Level 15-20: 2d8
  Level 21-28: 2d10
  Level 29+: 3d8
- At level 6, unarmed attacks are treated as a +1 magical weapon and gain a +1 bonus to hit and damage rolls. This enchantment improves to +2 at level 9, +3 at level 12, +4 at level 18, and +5 at level 25.
- Receives a +2 bonus to Saving Throws vs. Spell.
- Deflect Missiles: +1 bonus to AC vs. missile attacks every 3 levels.
- Starts with an Armor Class of 9 at 1st level and gains an additional +1 bonus every 2 levels.
- May use the Stunning Blow ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.
- May use the Flurry of Blows ability once per day. Gains one use at level 11, 16 and 21.
- May use the Diamond Body ability once per day. Gains one use at levels 17, 22 and 27.

STUNNING BLOW: All successful attacks within the next round force the victim to save vs. Spell or be stunned. This special ability automatically modifies normal attacks; no targeting needs to be done.

FlURRY OF BLOWS: Agility and prowess are key factors that allow a master of hand-to-hand combat survive in a fight against heavily armed bandits and spell-wielding sorcerers. Trained monks are capable of engaging their opponent with extraordinary speed, effectively doubling the amount of attacks they make. For 3 rounds + 1 round / level, a monk's number of attacks per round doubles.

DIAMOND BODY: Experienced monk channels his inner energy to induce a restorative state that heals the wounds and protects the self. For 5 rounds, the character receives 25% resistance to physical damage, regenerates 6 Hit Points per round and acquires immunity to Level Drain, Petrification and Imprisonment.

- 5th level: Becomes immune to all diseases and cannot be slowed or hasted.
- 7th level: May use the Lay On Hands ability on <PRO_HIMHER>self to heal 2 Hit Points per level.
- 8th level: Gains a -1 bonus to Speed Factor.
- 9th level: Gains a +1 bonus to all Saving Throws and becomes immune to charm.
- 11th level: Becomes immune to poison.
- 12th level: Gains another -1 bonus to Speed Factor.
- 13th level: May use the Quivering Palm ability once per day.

QUIVERING PALM: The next successful attack forces the opponent to save vs. Spell or die. This special ability automatically modifies normal attacks; no targeting needs to be done.

- 14th level: Gains 3% Magic Resistance per level (starting with 42% at 14th level).
- 20th level: Becomes immune to non-magical weapons.
- Alignment restricted to lawful.
- Hit Die: d8
Krell
No offense, but I've seen several IA HLAs and items which grant immunity to Petrification, and now the Monk has it too (Diamond body). IA enemies don't use petrification attacks. There is still a number of vanilla-game traps and enemies (Trademeet Genies) which use that spell, but those are early-game encounters. So NPCs don't really get anything from those *immune to petrification* late-game items and HLAs. Probably some other immunity would be more useful?
critto
Yes, this is definitely worth exploring. However, I thought that beholders still employ petrification rays, don't they?
Krell
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 15 2015, 09:58 AM) *
Yes, this is definitely worth exploring. However, I thought that beholders still employ petrification rays, don't they?

Probably, however even beholders are early-to-mid-game monsters, and by the time a char gets an item or ability that grant immunity to petrification, his/her saves are already good enough to make a successful save roll every time. IA v6 Beholders are more fond of other rays however, I don't remember seeing them using FtS rays.
blastermaster
Monk looks really good! Of course Improved Haste is a welcome addition.

If I were playing a Monk, I would gladly trade the increased damage for the proper Thac0 development though (ending at 0 Thac0 like fighters). Monks have a bit of a tough time getting to 25 Strength, so they're looking at 5 base Thac0, -5 due to gauntlets, -5 due to fist enchantment, -5 due to strength (for example), and maybe -2 from an Ioun stone. -12 Thac0 is very nice for some characters but for a pure fighter it's not great for the type of enemies you'd want them to help out with at the end.
SparrowJacek
Monks now have warrior's thaco and warrior's level progression tables if I'm not mistaken, so natural 0 is achievable.
critto
Yes, SparrowJacek is right. Monks now have warrior THAC0, which is not mentioned in the class description. I'll make a note of it in the readme files for v6.2. However, to compensate for THAC0 growth, monks now adhere to figher level progression table. In the past, they had clerical XP tables which led to very quick development.
blastermaster
Ah, that's wonderful! A viable addition to any party then, that's really exciting!
chaser
I checked setup.tra file of IA v6.1,the swashbuckler is improved a lot,I believe Swash/Fighter would be a good choice.Now I wonder who would be the next improved one,the bard(poor thac0 and APR),wizard slayer(equipment limitation)…or someone else?
critto
I haven't thought about it yet. We'll try to bring a vanilla druid kit to a usable state in v6.2. If it goes well, two druid kits (Auramaster and another one) will be a target for v7 protagonist choices. Other than that, there weren't any definite plans.
bulian
Thanks for the fast response Critto. I will certainly wait for 6.2 before rebooting. I'm not a frequent forum poster but have completed and shared several runs of both IA v5 and v6 on this board.

The new monk class looks quite powerful and attractive! I think the only reason I would hesitate to use the class is that forging and using powerful items is one of the fun parts of the mod! One follow up question:

Will flurry of blows be dispellable? It seems like "flurry of blows" is more of an intrinsic ability (e.g. Kai/Berserk) rather than a spell and shouldn't be dispellable. I can't speak to whether that would make the ability unbalanced but I don't think it will since monks cannot be otherwise hasted.

By the same token, I don't know that giving RB the ability to cast IH makes much sense, and might suggest coming up with a new name, even potentially just using "flurry of blows." In this case, I think having the RB ability be dispellable is balanced since they can be hasted by other casters.
Krell
QUOTE(bulian @ Jun 16 2015, 12:14 AM) *
Will flurry of blows be dispellable? It seems like "flurry of blows" is more of an intrinsic ability (e.g. Kai/Berserk) rather than a spell and shouldn't be dispellable. I can't speak to whether that would make the ability unbalanced but I don't think it will since monks cannot be otherwise hasted.

Monks can definitely be hasted. Use mutliple Energy Drain spells on the Monk to decrease his current level to 4, cast Improved Haste, cast (lesser) Restoration. However, I think that Flurry of Blows should also have some sort of Improved Haste icon in order for the two not to be cumulative with each other, or bugs may appear for going over 10 APR. About warrior abilities - some like Kai/Berserk are undispellable, other like Hardiness or Chain Breaker Stance are dispellable. For me, it's much more annoying that warrior abilities are more or less a subject to the penalties which spells have. Meaning, a Silenced warrior cannot activate Critical Strike or Hardiness or any other warrior HLA, Kai and Berserk can be interrupted (casting time of 1, not 0) and many other similar issues, all of this is very lame and definitely should've been fixed a long time ago instead of developing silly anti-soloing scripts and abilities for example.
critto
IIRC, the Monk's haste should be undispellable, the reason being that it's more a part of their training rather than a spell. I'll check it to make sure.
Krell
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 16 2015, 08:27 AM) *
IIRC, the Monk's haste should be undispellable, the reason being that it's more a part of their training rather than a spell. I'll check it to make sure.

Then the same should be valid for Chain Breaker Stance or Hardiness (Hardiness should still be Breachable naturally).
critto
CBS should be undispellable, judging from the file's structure. Same for Hardiness, but it should be susceptible to Breach according to it's secondary type.
Krell
Both Hardiness and Chain Breaker Stance can be removed by Purge Magic, so they're definitely not undispellable.

Also Hardiness can be dispelled by scripts which state *Dispel combat protections* like the Mithril golem and similar melee abilities.
critto
Hardiness is a combat ability and therefore is dispellable smile.gif This is the only mechanism known to me that makes it susceptible to Breach (via secondary type). I strongly suspect that this is the reason it works that way.

I won't touch Hardiness, it needs extensive testing, we don't have that kind of opportunity right now. I'll see what can be done about CBS, but honestly, the RB class is so powerful that I am reluctant to improve it further.
Krell
I was under the impression that we're discussing innate fighter abilities and why they shouldn't be dispellable, since those are part of their training rather than spells. If you're looking at it another way - nerfing those because certain classes and kits are too powerful - then ok, just don't write things like:

IIRC, the Monk's haste should be undispellable, the reason being that it's more a part of their training rather than a spell.

because it will raise questions like I already asked about other fighter abilities which can be dispelled. Just say *Monk's Flurry of Blows will not be dispellable because we, the mod's developers, have decided to be this way.* which will be far closer to the truth. No problem there, just state things right and clear, to avoid confusion. Also, it would be extremely helpful to list the non-spell innate abilities which are dispellable in some way and those which are undispellable. Examples:

Not only Hardiness and Chain Breaker Stance, but also Evasion, Greater Evasion and (I think) Magic Resistance HLAs can be dispelled.

However, there are several more new innate HLAs like the ones of the Swashbuckler v6 class which are unknown to many of the players (including myself) - dispellable or not?

IMO for all newly-added by the mod abilities, not only HLAs, but also enemy scripts and Purge Magic for example should be listed are they dispellable by any means or (in cases with purge magic) what exactly do they dispel. Also, when introducing new dispellable HLA, it will be nice to know under which category it fits - combat/specific protection, combat buff or whatever.
critto
I've designed, to use a pompous word, this ability with this vision in my mind for the monk class and therefore I describe it as I see fit. Hardiness and CBS were implemented by Sikret, what's his exact motivations were is unknown to me. My own unwillingness to change I described as I perceive it. I didn't nerf or change a single thing. What's unclear about it?

Also, it would be extremely helpful to list the non-spell innate abilities which are dispellable in some way and those which are undispellable.

I don't have such a list available. If and when time permits, I might compile it, but can't promise anything.
bulian
There are a couple enemies at least where hardiness isn't dispellable/breachable - notably Lord Roellen (de'Arnise final battle) and Supreme Leader. Perhaps I am missing something about their kits.

Any hints on which kit you are looking to include n 6.2? Either a shapeshifter or a totemic druid could fit the IA playstyle. However, a shapeshifter could feel like a monk and many classes (normal druid, vagrant, arcane casters) have powerful summons. So its not so obvious how those kits would have a substantially different feel.

Krell,

Perhaps if you have some saves near an ultra golem fight you could do some tests and share on which abilities are dispellable/purgable? I think purge is different than dispel. Note barbarian essence potions aren't dispellable/purgable. I can't think of other potions/effects (Tenser's?) that would fit that category except perhaps Tenser's.
Krell
QUOTE(bulian @ Jun 17 2015, 12:42 AM) *
There are a couple enemies at least where hardiness isn't dispellable/breachable - notably Lord Roellen (de'Arnise final battle) and Supreme Leader. Perhaps I am missing something about their kits.

Any hints on which kit you are looking to include n 6.2? Either a shapeshifter or a totemic druid could fit the IA playstyle. However, a shapeshifter could feel like a monk and many classes (normal druid, vagrant, arcane casters) have powerful summons. So its not so obvious how those kits would have a substantially different feel.

Krell,

Perhaps if you have some saves near an ultra golem fight you could do some tests and share on which abilities are dispellable/purgable? I think purge is different than dispel. Note barbarian essence potions aren't dispellable/purgable. I can't think of other potions/effects (Tenser's?) that would fit that category except perhaps Tenser's.

Lord Roenall, the Supreme Leader and general Jamis Tombelten are immune to Breach. Otherwise, their Hardiness is dispellable, provided that the party also had scripts or melee attacks with which to dispel combat protections, as several IA enemies have, or Purge Magic for that matter. Since the party has none of these, it may seem to you that the listed enemies' Hardiness is undispellable. Illasera is also immune to Breach, though she doesn't use Hardiness but spell scrolls for protection. Nyalee is immune to Breach as well. If I'm missing some immune to breach enemies, feel free to add them to the list.

Checking which vanilla innate thief and warrior HLAs are dispellable and undispellable is easy enough. All defensive abilities are dispellable (Hardiness, Evasion, Avoid Death, Magic Resistance, etc) , all offensive are undispellable (Critical Strike, Power Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Smite, etc). However, what I meant is that description of the dispellable and undispellable new (IA-modded) warrior HLAs should be included in the mod description documents. What use is it to make a post here where it will soon be left in oblivion and no one will look at it? Moreover, there are new (v6.2) added warrior innate abilities which no one can test at present, but those should as well be included in the new version's description documents.
lroumen
You guys sure play this game fast.... I'm still only in chapter two (granted I linger there for a loooong time).

I was also wondering about the new druid kit and/or magnitude of the content of the expanded druid stronghold. What I like is the druid only upgrade and minor change in items (treefolk arm it seems), but there is no incentive yet to craft those items biggrin.gif

Good thing summer is coming. More time to play!
critto
I was also wondering about the new druid kit and/or magnitude of the content of the expanded druid stronghold. What I like is the druid only upgrade and minor change in items (treefolk arm it seems), but there is no incentive yet to craft those items

The kit is not new, but an existing one. I don't want to overpopulate the game with new kits, better modify existing ones, it's less problematic from the point of implementation. We're still experimenting. As for the content, there will be at least one pretty large quest for which a custom new area was made long time ago. The whole todo list for v7 is pretty large however, but I don't know yet which things will be done. As for items and upgrades, there are plenty. We've extended the item randomizer with some previously statically placed items (and will extend with more). In v6.2, we've worked on spears and scimitars to make them good weapon choices (not only for druids, btw). In v7, we'll definitely take a look at clubs.
critto
2 Azoth:

Didn't know that summoned Skeleton Warriors can become unconscious?!? But Bessen, the wizard in the Harper Hold somehow did...

What exactly did Bessen use to achieve this? I only found Darts of Stunning on him, but skeleton summons are protected from this. Incidentally, how did you summon the skeletons? 3rd level Animate Dead?
Krell
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 23 2015, 07:20 AM) *
2 Azoth:

What exactly did Bessen use to achieve this? I only found Darts of Stunning on him, but skeleton summons are protected from this. Incidentally, how did you summon the skeletons? 3rd level Animate Dead?

Bessen should have a Spell Sequencer loaded with Emotion, Confusion and Slow spells. Probably, Emotion incapacitated those skeletons. Incidentally, if we're talking about regular Skeletons (and not Skeleton Warriors), I think those are not immune to Unconsciousness.
critto
They have protection from Sleep opcode as well. I can't see clearly from the screen whether the creature is really unconscious or the message simply popped up without the actual effect taking place. If it's the latter then it's fixable without any problems.
Azoth
Yes, it was a "Skeleton Warrior" from Cleric's "Animate Dead" and it was not only the message, the Skeleton was flat on the ground.
Sry, i cannot remember exactly what Bessen did.
critto
Do you have, by chance, a save prior to this battle so that I could test and reproduce the issue?
Azoth
Will have a look into it tonight...
critto
Thanks. I'll send my email address via PM in case you find a save.
Azoth
Email sent.

Just another thing. When fighting all the Vampiric Mists in the entrance hall of the Windspear dungeon (where Ruhk the conjurer is), i noticed that the mists are still doing damage even when they are dead (2-3 hits) like the victim was poisoned for a short time. Was it always like this?
critto
Just another thing. When fighting all the Vampiric Mists in the entrance hall of the Windspear dungeon (where Ruhk the conjurer is), i noticed that the mists are still doing damage even when they are dead (2-3 hits) like the victim was poisoned for a short time. Was it always like this?

Yes, it's their special on-hit ability.
lroumen
QUOTE(critto @ Jun 23 2015, 02:14 AM) *
I was also wondering about the new druid kit and/or magnitude of the content of the expanded druid stronghold. What I like is the druid only upgrade and minor change in items (treefolk arm it seems), but there is no incentive yet to craft those items

The kit is not new, but an existing one. I don't want to overpopulate the game with new kits, better modify existing ones, it's less problematic from the point of implementation. We're still experimenting. As for the content, there will be at least one pretty large quest for which a custom new area was made long time ago. The whole todo list for v7 is pretty large however, but I don't know yet which things will be done. As for items and upgrades, there are plenty. We've extended the item randomizer with some previously statically placed items (and will extend with more). In v6.2, we've worked on spears and scimitars to make them good weapon choices (not only for druids, btw). In v7, we'll definitely take a look at clubs.

Very interesting info there, thanks!
There are some nice clubs already, just treefolk was made druid/ranger only so less interesting in some runs now and out of scope for thieves (did not check uai). I guess these changes become more interesting in v7 when I will run a druid game.
Azoth
Improved Invisibility gives +8 bonus to Saving Throws instead of +4. At least this is what the character record says.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.