Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IAv6 for BG2EE
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
critto
Hmm. I don't see it in the spell structure. Do you use IH by any chance? It has a tendency to double such effects.
Azoth
No IH used. Tested also with IH, always +8.
critto
Curiously indeed, it does happen. I'll try to figure it out.
Azoth
I will start soon "ToD for EE v4.0.0" in my game. Is there any interest in details of this mod like amount of XP, gold, items...?
Hopefully, i can beat the final encounter this time wink.gif
bulian
I will start soon "ToD for EE v4.0.0" in my game. Is there any interest in details of this mod like amount of XP, gold, items...?
Hopefully, i can beat the final encounter this time wink.gif

I like this mod and would be. IIRC there was a "with IA version" and a "without IA version," so A couple questions I have -

a) how difficult is the astral shard guardian. He is she using lots of PFMWs etc

cool.gif what do you do with the book when you get back? I always keep it and kill the mage but wonder whether I am missing something

c) what the Ch 7 encounter is like
Azoth
a) I do have the "IA" version installed and couldn't beat the final encounter in the tower with my lvl10 party (Necro, 2xRB, R/C multi, B9/M, Cernd). Had to use a save before entering the tower. But im by far no tactical expert.
Readme says: "Recommended average party level is between 10 - 13. Also you should have some stronger weapons equipped, Lilalcor +3 is a good example. I don't recommend to play it on lower levels, as there are some monsters that can't be hit without weapons of at least +2 enchantment..."

I will try again soon with my lvl13-14 party.

b )
QUOTE(Valiant @ Aug 2 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Quest about the book will be added in the future. Till now it´s just a cosmetic item, nothing more.

I think its still like this.

c) I dont know yet wink.gif

So i will make some notes during my playthrough of the mod.
Azoth
hmm...i dont see Cromwell's dialogue option to forge a halberd +3, although i do have a halberd +2 (dont remember where i found it, but for sure not forged).
Any ideas whats going on? Do i need to find a specific halberd +2 (if yes, please a hint where to find it before spellhold)?
SparrowJacek
There are 2 halberd+2 types, just like 2 +3 sword types, one of the swords can't be used for forging, so it's probably the same when it comes to halberds.
Azoth
QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jul 19 2015, 03:06 PM) *
There are 2 halberd+2 types, just like 2 +3 sword types, one of the swords can't be used for forging, so it's probably the same when it comes to halberds.

Thanks. I will look out for another halberd +2... but kind of disappointing... dry.gif

Another strange thing happened:
I just did beat the sewer party and found a Remove Magic scroll. My PC Necro doesnt have this spell in her spellbook but cannot learn this one. When i erase Dispel Magic, she can learn it but not Dispel Magic afterwards. No issues with my B9/M, he can learn the Remove Magic right away and also has Dispel Magic in his spellbook. Strange...

Edit: Ok, i forgot about the max number of spells per lvl ph34r.gif Didnt know that the green highlighting (EE feature) needs an unknown spell and a free slot.

btw: Is there any use of the Diamond Necklaces or are they just good money?
bulian
Diamond necklaces are good for cash. There is a +2 halberd for sale in the Adventurer's Mart that can be upgraded. There is also the Harmonium Halberd for sale which is quite nice in Ch 2/3.

You may have the named halberd from the Shade Lord, which is a component for the +5 halberd?
Azoth
QUOTE(bulian @ Jul 19 2015, 06:11 PM) *
There is a +2 halberd for sale in the Adventurer's Mart that can be upgraded.

Yes, Suryris's Blade +2 is upgradeable to a halberd +3. Thanks bulian!
Krell
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jul 19 2015, 08:13 PM) *
btw: Is there any use of the Diamond Necklaces or are they just good money?

Just good money. Nothing else.
nicoper
QUOTE(bulian @ Jul 17 2015, 11:18 AM) *
c) what the Ch 7 encounter is like

low spoiler

SPOILER!
encounter with high level mage and helpers

heavy spoiler

SPOILER!

trigger entering house guarded by raksasas (South suldanesselar, 1 noble and 2 horrids)
very close quarter, party dispelled on arriving
A high level mage who, once critical heals and summons helpers, 6 skeleton grandlords and 1 or 2 (memory hazy) greater bone golems

bulian
So it soudns like it is the same with the EE version of the ToD mod and the regular one, which is quite nice.
Azoth
Are the changes in item names an IA6.1 or EE feature?
Halberd +2 -> Suryris's Blade +2
Short Sword +2 -> The Whistling Sword +2
Girdle of Bluntness -> Destroyer of the Hills
Boots of Stealth -> Worn Whispers

This is a bit confusing for the IA forges.
critto
Yes, it's a feature of EE. They've added new icons, made these more poetic names show up by default and so on.
lambada
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jul 14 2015, 08:28 PM) *
Improved Invisibility gives +8 bonus to Saving Throws instead of +4. At least this is what the character record says.

The +4 bonus is hardcoded in EE already.
critto
Huh. This explains it. Is it a bug or a feature?
Azoth
Maybe its that one here ?!?
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/1032/...ve-bonuses-0629

SethDavis said:
@CamDawg - I actually don't know what corresponds to the opcode within the engine. There is a section called opcode, but it's some low level stuff that seems to control lua (?).

What I did was add the bonuses when invisibility is checked by the character sheet (making sure that invisibility_improved is also active) as well as added a check for invisibility_improved and the appropriate bonuses in the code that checks for a successful save.

Does that sound OK, or should I rework it somehow?
Azoth
critto,
there might be some obsolete entries in the Document IV-Installation.txt for BG2EE:
  1. BG2EE
  2. Patch 1.3
  3. Update to Weidu 238
  4. EoU v33 only components which are listed in Document IV-Installation.txt
    1. Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking for SOA and TOB (Recommended)
    2. Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth (optional)
    3. True Grand Mastery (Recommended) Extra 1/2 attack is already included
    4. Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, ... (Recommended)
    5. Multiple Strongholds (Recommended)
    6. Bonus Merchants (optional) Joluv and Deidre are already included
    7. No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark (optional)
    8. Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix (Recommended)
    9. Romance: Bug Fixes (optional)
  5. IA 6.1
critto
OK, I'll check it out and correct if needed, thanks. Can you give me a reference to the 1/2 attack in EE?
Azoth
Fixed Forum Compiled List, Pt 1
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/5239/...ed-list-pt-1/p1

Fixed Forum Compiled List, Pt 2:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/3625/...ed-list-pt-2/p1

You can find "True grandmastery" in Pt 2:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/1352/...nd-mastery-0824
Azoth
Hi critto,

thanx for releasing IAv6.2! Maybe i'll find some time to play...

Just tried to install on BG2EE v2.2 (I read the readme and I know that only v1.3 is supported, but...). Following error:

Copying & patching 2DA tables...

ERROR Installing [Improved Anvil], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 4884 files for [IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2] component
Uninstalled 4884 files for [IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2] component
ERROR: Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.DEBUG to el.critto@gmail.com
Using Language [English]

SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.DEBUG:
Copied [weapprof.2da]to [override/weapprof.2da]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [statdesc.2da] -> [override/statdesc.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))
Stopping installation because of error.

My installation:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ]Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain

Hmm...does anyone know where to find BG2EE 1.3 on gog.com?
critto
Cheers!

Hmm...does anyone know where to find BG2EE 1.3 on gog.com?

You can get in on Steam. It provides possibility to participate in beta releases, and 1.3 is available as "beta" option.

Adapting IAv6.2 for 2.x was too much work, and I wasn't satisfied with the current state of the release (it's too "beta" for my taste). I might try to push out a maintenance release that supports 2.x later on, but it'll take a while since I have already engaged into different kind of work (modernising the mod's structure).

Alternatively, you can grab a non-EE version from GOG and play IA on that version. It would miss some content from EE, but overall you'd have more stable experience (and with better pathfinding!)
Azoth
It´s a pity that I bought BG2EE on gog.com and cannot play 1.3 anymore, but it's like it is sad.gif
Fortunately, I do have TOB and decided to play around a bit with IA 6.2.
critto
Do not worry, there will be support for EE 2.x in the future so you'll get the chance to play it. Adding support, together with the druid stronghold, in the next order of business for IA development. More details about our plans we'll be posted soon (hopefully, today) in the progress report thread.
lroumen
Sigh. And then steam updated my games while I told it not to and it borked the ia install. Almost finished a second run....
Is ui 2.3 supported by ia6.2 (sorry to have to ask).
critto
> Sigh. And then steam updated my games while I told it not to and it borked the ia install. Almost finished a second run....
Don't worry. Just open up the game's options and use beta participation, it will allow you to install 1.3

Then install EoU, DbG (if you use it) and IAv6.2 in the same order of components again and resume with your saves (they shouldn't be corrupted since they are stored in a different folder).

Replying to your question, no, 6.2 does not support 2.x. We will add support in 7.0. It's already done, in fact, but not play-tested yet. And transfering save games between the game's versions is not doable anyway, they'll get all corrupted.
lroumen
Problem is that from 1.3 to 2.3 they changed string references so it may be they changed more things. I'll give it a shot though.

And v7 is 'close', that's great news.
critto
[quote]Problem is that from 1.3 to 2.3 they changed string references so it may be they changed more things. I'll give it a shot though.[quote]
There are other issues that the release is not adapted for. If you give me time until weekend, I can try and prep a patch for you that allows to install the mode on 2.3 if you wait until weekend (I'm too busy until then).
lroumen
Take your time. I am in no hurry. I also have a SoD run I can put my time into. smile.gif
Alva
Hi,

I found a bug on the new spell acid shield on BG2EEv1.3 / IAv6.2. When both the attacker and the defender have acid shield up, it runs into a loop of acid damage until one of the character dies.
It happened to me when fighting the Beastmaster in the Copper Coronet. When my berserker druid attacked him with acid shield, the Beastmaster instantly died, leaving my char at 20 hp.
Looking at the combat logs, they hit each other with acid damage.
It seems that an acid reply from the shield can trigger an acid reply on another shield, which produces a loop of acid death.

Keep the good work, IA is a great mod.
critto
Hi!

Thanks, we'll investigate this. It was a known problem in the past and I implement it in the usual way that'd worked in ToB and successfully prevented the damage retaliation loopback bug. I guess it showed up again. We'll do some more tests and see what happens.
Alva
New discoveries on BG2EEv1.3 / IAv6.2 :
* Melf's Minute Meteors set the attacks number of my sorcerer to 5 even after all the meteors have been fired. (happens 100% since I've noticed)
Reloading the game fixes it.
* After my party sleeps, the number of spells on the quick slots of my sorcerer randomly drop to 0. It is not serious, but after each sleep some of the spells on the quick slots need to be re-fetched.
* There is an exploit on non-aggressive mages (blue circle). Breach + a fast hit with Bala's Axe (and failed save) / Probably works with other miscast effects. The mage tries indefinitely to recast the dispelled protection spells (and he is failing to do so).
Until he actually succeed to recast them, he will be non-agressive and unkillable. One can use it to fight the friends of the mage without him. It is what happened to me on the Mencar fight (Promenade tavern), and the fight was
much easier. I do not think there is lots of situations where we can use it but at least on this fight it is usable.

Im re-playing IA from 0 on BG2EE (I never finished it actually), so i will continue to report strange things tongue.gif.
critto
> * Melf's Minute Meteors set the attacks number of my sorcerer to 5 even after all the meteors have been fired. (happens 100% since I've noticed)
Well, this is a new one. I'll investigate that, thanks.

> * After my party sleeps, the number of spells on the quick slots of my sorcerer randomly drop to 0. It is not serious, but after each sleep some of the spells on the quick slots need to be re-fetched.
This, however isn't new. It's an engine bug, I've mentioned it in the readme. I am not sure if they fixed they in 2.x, probably did. Wait for the new release which will be compatible with 2.x smile.gif

> * There is an exploit on non-aggressive mages (blue circle). Breach + a fast hit with Bala's Axe (and failed save) / Probably works with other miscast effects. The mage tries indefinitely to recast the dispelled protection spells (and he is failing to do so).
I'll add that to the todo list but fixing exploits such as this one is no longer a priority for the mod. This is something that I'd call a questionable tactic, one that doesn't make sense if you are looking for a challenge. Unless there's a quick and reliable fix, I'll add to the "be your own policeman" section of the readme for the new players.
Alva
Let me know if you confirm any bugs that I found on spells. I found others, it seems weird to have so much bugs.
Maybe something went wrong with my install, I have done several reinstall to have the right BG version with the right mods options.
Anyway:

* The haste spell does not add 1 attack if the character have x.5 attack number. Instead it add 0.5.
* - Edited, not a bug
nicoper
QUOTE(critto @ Oct 4 2016, 05:05 PM) *
> * Melf's Minute Meteors set the attacks number of my sorcerer to 5 even after all the meteors have been fired. (happens 100% since I've noticed)
Well, this is a new one. I'll investigate that, thanks.

In EE 2.3, it does not appear to be the case (did some tests with mage and sorcerer, all is correct)

QUOTE(critto @ Oct 4 2016, 05:05 PM) *
> * After my party sleeps, the number of spells on the quick slots of my sorcerer randomly drop to 0. It is not serious, but after each sleep some of the spells on the quick slots need to be re-fetched.
This, however isn't new. It's an engine bug, I've mentioned it in the readme. I am not sure if they fixed they in 2.x, probably did. Wait for the new release which will be compatible with 2.x smile.gif

It is fixed in 2.3
Silverstar
Melf's minute meteors has a known bug in ee 1.3
Infact, any weapon that sets attacks to more than one is buggy. Equip a single dart. Throw it. Your character will switch to his melee weapon and will have 3 attacks/round with it. No way to fix except a save/reload.
I have tried fixing MMM by omitting the 'while equipped' attack bonus and giving it with the spell with a fixed duration.
This bug also applies to energy blades too, your mage can have 9 attacks/round with his staff after depleting blades.
Fixed in 2.0 and up.
Azoth
Playing IA6.3 on BG2EE2.5:
Minsc has 1xBerserk Rage and 2xBarbarian Rage. Is it supposed to be like that or did i mess up something on my side?

Weidu.log:
CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal): v4.0.1
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian: v4.0.1
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain: v4.0.1
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.0
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Deal with skipped NPCs -> Vanilla NPCs only: 3.0
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons only: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v4
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Identify all items: v6.3
~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Isandir's CHARNAME Portraits: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Edwin/Edwina: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Ust Natha Drow NPCs: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Vampire NPCs: 1.01
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Core component: 3.4
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Show Sidebar toggle button: 3.4
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Small right sidebar buttons: 3.4
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Quests in journal collapsed by default: 3.4
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 2.9
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Transparent Sidebars: 2.9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> Selected options: 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> Selected options: 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Add in-game option "Enable Debug Mode": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Add in-game option "Enable UI Edit Mode": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Add in-game option "Show Strrefs": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Add in-game option "Hotkeys On Tooltips": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Add in-game option "Show trigger icons on tab": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Add in-game option "Limit druidic spells for Cleric/Ranger": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #17 // Add in-game option "3E Sneak Attack": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Add in-game option "Critical Hit Screen Shake": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #19 // Add in-game option "Show extra combat info": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Add in-game option "Show Game Date and Time on Pause": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #22 // Add in-game option "Reverse Mouse Wheel Zoom": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #23 // Add in-game option "Pause Game on Map Screen": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Add in-game option "Enable Fog": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Add in-game option "Disable Movies": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #27 // Add in-game option "XP Bonus in Nightmare Mode": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Add in-game option "Show Area of Effect Range": 2.0
Azoth
QUOTE(Azoth @ Jul 5 2018, 05:18 PM) *
Playing IA6.3 on BG2EE2.5:
Minsc has 1xBerserk Rage and 2xBarbarian Rage. Is it supposed to be like that or did i mess up something on my side?

Same behaviour with IA6.2 in vanilla BG2. So, i guess it should be like that.
critto
I think this is supposed to be, on of his rages is lore-based, due to a head wound. I'll see if it can be amended, but I'd rather leave it in for flavour.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 6 2018, 09:06 AM) *
I think this is supposed to be, on of his rages is lore-based, due to a head wound. I'll see if it can be amended, but I'd rather leave it in for flavour.

Good for me. It would be nice to see a desciption of the Berserker Rage somewhere or the difference between the two of them.

Another one:
The container at x=1030/y=2089 in Irenicus dungeon is weird. I think it gives loot based on profiencies of charname.
I found one dagger+2 with Necro (Dagger +, Quarterstaff +) and once two long swords +2 / Varscona (+1 cold damage) when using two pregenerated chars (Necro: Dagger +, Quarterstaff + / Swashbuckler Long Swords ++ / Short swords ++).
critto
Yes, there is a weird chest that imports some item from BG1 based on the protagonist's class.

and once two long swords +2 / Varscona (+1 cold damage) when using two pregenerated chars

Who was the protagonist?
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Jul 8 2018, 05:17 AM) *
Who was the protagonist?

Necro was protagonist and custom swashbuckler was second.

Did a quick test.
Fighter Halberd ++++, 2H ++ gives Halberd +2 as loot
Fighter Bastard Sword ++++, Single Hand ++ gives Varscona
Necro Dagger +, Quarterstaff + gives Dagger +2
Necro Quarterstaff +, Dart + gives Staffspear +2

Create Party:
1. Necro Dagger +,Quarterstaff +
2. Swashbuckler Long Sword ++, Short Sword ++
3. Fighter Long Sword +++++, Sword & Shield
-> 3x Varscona

1. Fighter Long Sword +++++, Sword & Shield
2. Swashbuckler Long Sword ++, Short Sword ++
3. Necro Dagger +,Quarterstaff +
-> 3x Varscona
critto
Curious. We'll investigate that.
Azoth
When i use the new spell Alicorn Lance, i get a strange feedback note. It says Tabitha's hide ?!?
[attachment=4347:Baldr000.jpg]

//edit
Also, the area of effect seems to be huge. Shouldn’t it be a single creature target spell?
critto
The text thing is probably issue of installing something like a patch mid-game. The area effect will check out.
Azoth
Hi critto,
thanks for looking into it!

QUOTE(critto @ Aug 5 2018, 04:43 PM) *
The text thing is probably issue of installing something like a patch mid-game.

No i didnt do that. But i will check tonight in a new game.

The area effect will check out.

Im using the new (patch 2.5) feature: Show Area of Effect Range. There it can be easily seen. Will post a screenshot later.

Azoth
QUOTE(Azoth @ Aug 6 2018, 07:28 AM) *
Hi critto,
thanks for looking into it!

The text thing is probably issue of installing something like a patch mid-game.

No i didnt do that. But i will check tonight in a new game.

Started a new game. Still the same 'Tabitha's hide' feedback.
[attachment=4349:AlicornL...Feedback.jpg]

QUOTE(Azoth @ Aug 6 2018, 07:28 AM) *
The area effect will check out.

Im using the new (patch 2.5) feature: Show Area of Effect Range. There it can be easily seen. Will post a screenshot later.

Here you can see the AoE:
[attachment=4350:AlicornLance_AoE.jpg]
critto
How many are affected by the spell? Everyone who's in the AoE?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.