Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IAv6 for BG2EE
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Azoth
Yes, i think so. But never tested the full AoE.

//edit
As you can see in my screenshots more than one NPC is affected by the spell.
Azoth
QUOTE(critto @ Aug 7 2018, 12:01 PM) *
How many are affected by the spell? Everyone who's in the AoE?

Tested. Everyone in the indicated AoE is affected by damage and by the -2 AC effect.
Ralmevic
So, I beat the Shade Lord, and guess who shows up to congratulate me. Kirinaldo and Raelis Shai. Specifically 3 Kirinaldos and 2 Raelis Shai. They are also missing from the planar prison. This doesn't happen when I kill Shade Lord without having given the gem to Haer'Dalis. I spawned Raelis back in the planar sphere and finished a test run. Also, unrelated to the first one, Raelis doesn't let the party go back to the material plane-because Haer'Dalis' dialogues has a bug and doesn't answer her, allowing her to give her xp reward multiple times. If he is killed, the teleport works. That last one seems to be addressed in the 2.5 update, which i dont have.

I don't think that any of this has anything to do with IA, seems more like a bug of the game itself, but I thought I should mention it anyhow.
critto
Yes, this is something strange and unrelated. I can't really see how IA affects it. Perhaps submit a bug report to Beamdog?
Azoth
Any news about the spell 'Alicorn Lance'? Did i mess something up or is it a bug in IA 6.3 + BG2EE 2.5?

Another one:
Shouldn't 'Remove Magic' always remove Mirror Image (except: creature is under SI: Abjuration)?
Tested with the Guardians of the six pieces of the burial mask in the Domain of the Dragon (Windspear Hills). I couldn't dispel their MIs with Remove Magic.

More:
What is IA's philosophy regarding items with spells (Haste, Armor of Faith, MI,..)?
Should the item really cast the spell? That means Cowled Wizards are alarmed and Autopause: 'Spell cast' is firing.
Azoth
A minor inconsistency (BG2EE 2.5 + IA 6.3):
Description of Mace of Disruption +1 (BLUN12.ITM):

CODE
STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
�“ Undead must save vs. Death at -4 or be utterly destroyed

THAC0: +1 (strikes as a +3 weapon)

(strikes as a +3 weapon)

IA Readme Fixes & Tweaks:
CODE
149. Both versions of Mace of Disruption are fixed. Their undead destroying effects are fixed not to require the undead to roll saving throw "twice". Their enchantments are fixed to match their descriptions and the improved mace's icon is changed. Moreover, the improved mace's permanent immunity to level drain is omitted. The weapon is too easily available in the game to have such powerful abilities.

Their enchantments are fixed to match their descriptions

//edit
Im a bit confused (using NI) how the 2D6+x damage against undead was set.
Mace of Disruption +1 (BLUN12.ITM) -> CDDISR.EFF -> 'Amount' = 2, #dice thrown =1 / What about the +4?
Mace of Disruption +2 (BLUN25.ITM) -> MACEDISU.EFF -> 'Amount' = 1, #dice thrown =1 / What about the +5?

//edit
Makes more sense for me now:
Mace of Disruption +1: normal: 1d6+2 + undead: 1d6+2(Amount) -> 2d6+4
Mace of Disruption +2: normal: 1d6+3 + undead: 1d6+1(Amount) -> 2d6+4 -> Is a +1 missing?
New_Vuki
Hi All,

Vuki is back to town. cool.gif I would like to try V6.3 and really interested in the Bioware NPCs (as it was not really an option used to (except Valygar + Cernd). My party is:

Fix members:
- Necro protagonist
- Cernd (not yet picked)
- Rasaad (not yet picked)
- Minsc
- Valygar (not yet picked)

Optional members:
- Mazzy
- Jaheira (already picked)
- custom Riskbreaker (currently party member)

I wanted to have a thief in my party to get rid of traps and open chests but I do not want to have a single class thief and I also do not want to have a second mage (that takes out Nalia). I read in the forum that Cernd and Jaheira can really work together but are two druids not too much? Can my party work if I pick Mazzy? The riskbreaker is also an option if my party would be too weak without him (I mean too less damage output).

One comment about the readme. It is really nice, I like the new format. I missed only one thing: I spent around one hour figuring out how to install the EoU mod. I think it would be nice to mention there to download Weidu and rename the file (as it mentioned here in the forum somewhere).
New_Vuki
I have noticed 2 interesting things. One of them is definitely a bug, the other is maybe a behaviour of EE.
- Trolls do not lay down when they are immune to damage (when near death).
- When Cernd and Jaheira casted Alicorn lance then in the text box the description of Minor Disruption appear several times. Also, my characters receive damage from Cernd.

When casted by Cernd
When it damages Minsc
Damage to Valygar

I have just installed what was described in the readme (BG2:EE, recommended EoU, IA 6.3). I have Windows 10.
critto
Any news about the spell 'Alicorn Lance'? Did i mess something up or is it a bug in IA 6.3 + BG2EE 2.5?
I haven't looked into anything IA related for a long time. My guess would be there is a bug with the projectile used for the spell.

Shouldn't 'Remove Magic' always remove Mirror Image (except: creature is under SI: Abjuration)?

IIRC this was how non-EE BG2 behaved and they fixed it in EE. I think there is a note about it somewhere in the readme.

A minor inconsistency (BG2EE 2.5 + IA 6.3):
What's the inconsistency? If I am not mistaken I did fix all +X, +Y against something weapons to work as intended since the EE engine has a proper opcode for that now. Not sure if this was released though or still in the internal build somewhere.

I wanted to have a thief in my party to get rid of traps and open chests but I do not want to have a single class thief and I also do not want to have a second mage (that takes out Nalia). I read in the forum that Cernd and Jaheira can really work together but are two druids not too much? Can my party work if I pick Mazzy? The riskbreaker is also an option if my party would be too weak without him (I mean too less damage output).

All those NPCs should work OK. People used to take a swashbuckler and drop him somewhere along the way. I think I've implemented a level1npcs-esque patch that aligns joined NPCs' XP with that of the protagonist more precisely (if you're worried about XP gaps). But once again, I don't remember if this feature has made into the public version already.

One comment about the readme. It is really nice, I like the new format. I missed only one thing: I spent around one hour figuring out how to install the EoU mod. I think it would be nice to mention there to download Weidu and rename the file (as it mentioned here in the forum somewhere).
I'm pretty sure that I've made EoU obsolete, no? Or am I thinking about the internal build once again... Anyhow, you just copy and rename the weidu executable.

- Trolls do not lay down when they are immune to damage (when near death).

That's a EE feature, I think.

- When Cernd and Jaheira casted Alicorn lance then in the text box the description of Minor Disruption appear several times. Also, my characters receive damage from Cernd.

the AoE damage is probably the same bug as mentioned by Azoth above. As for the text, these things are usually a sign of having the mod installation order changed mid-game. When you do that, weidu rebuilds the dialogue file and it is indexed plainly by numbers, roughly speaking. However, your save game already has reference numbers to certain things like spell descriptions that do not possess that number anymore. Hence the issue with the wrong labels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.