Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress Report
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Keldorn NPC
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Vlad
Writing - 100%
Translation + proof-reading:
SoA - 100%
ToB - 100%
Scripting + coding dialogues:
SoA - 90%
ToB - 0%
Area graphics - 70%
Miscellaneous (items, creatures, music) - 100%
Voicing - 0%
Ankhesenpaaten
I didn't want to mess up Vlad's thread because that should be for reports only I think so I'll make this one if that's okay.
It's great to see just what is done and, again wow! So much has been done already. It looks like the romance itself is not the issue right now but the filler things such as the quests and areas and so on. Well done both of you! wub.gif

Edit - whoops this should be below the Progress Report not above it maybe that can be sticked at the top later if you want.
Ankhesenpaaten
I hope there has been some more progress for Keldorn. I've been dying to ask but after 3 months I thought it may be permissible to make a small and humble query. blush.gif
Senka
Vlad is very busy now. So we need to wait
SirChet
Hi all,

I think we could put the ToB trans-proof reading to 25%.
I've received it from baronius and am diligently working on it.

btw.......these dialogs are some of the best I've read, very talented writers.
Senka
Oh, thank you very much. blush.gif
Ankhesenpaaten
Yay more progress! Nice work everybody and thanks.
SirChet
Hi Senka,

I've sent the edited TOB-eng to baronius.
I just love the bard songs!
Senka
Thank you!
I said to Baronius I can send you other bard songs I have. This is very old collection smile.gif
SirChet
Senka,

Did you write these? I think they are great!

Yes, please send me as many as you would like to. smile.gif

The one about the paladins fighting on the backs of Pegasus's is really really good.

btw.....you can email me through the bwl or baronius can give you my email.
Senka
No-no, it's not mine, it's from FIDO. I hate to rhyme. smile.gif
SirChet
What exactly is FIDO? That's a slang word for a dog here in America. smile.gif
Senka
FIDO was an alternative to Internet way back in 90's
Hoppy
PST areas???!!! This mod is going to be awesome!! Right now I will play my newly purchased used but new PST game and envision a new mod by Vlad in the future. Ohhh, it all makes sense now...

Hoppy
Vlad
Senka gave me 3 years. wink.gif
SirChet
Vlad, Senka,

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. biggrin.gif
Ankhesenpaaten
QUOTE(Vlad @ Feb 14 2008, 02:51 PM) *
Senka gave me 3 years. wink.gif

For Keldorn to be completed? bigcry.gif Oh well I guess I'll have to wait then! I know you all are busy I'll try to be patient.
irenicus
soooo dumb question

is this happening?
Senka
Vlad doesn't work now but I don't think he will not in future... He just needs some rest from moding I believe
Vlad
Well, let's continue... smile.gif
Ankhesenpaaten
I'm so glad to see this back up and not in the dreaded small letters for inactive and/or waiting! Yay for progress!
thumb.gif
I had no idea about Keldorn and Nej but am glad for stand alone. I won't ask for a tentative release date but just want to say thanks to all. I can't wait to romance our favourite paladin. This is a dream come true. wub.gif
irenicus
-insert lengthly fangirl scream here-

OMG ILY!!!

I can't wait for this mod!!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif

can't wait at all sad.gif but alas

keep up the good work!

and if you need any testers /hinthinthit happy.gif

XXX
Senka
smile.gif
Thanks!
irenicus
QUOTE(irenicus @ Aug 4 2008, 04:23 PM) *
-insert lengthly fangirl scream here-

OMG ILY!!!

I can't wait for this mod!!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif

can't wait at all sad.gif but alas

keep up the good work!

and if you need any testers /hinthinthit happy.gif

XXX

ohya And any female voice actors , I can voice act ^__^

or just anything to get this mod

-jumps up and down- (Which certainly isn't a good idea cos mesa not well XD)
Gold
Hey guys!

Keldorn eh? How original! He definitely needs a little lovin from a bhaalspawn! Would love to lend a hand, maybe a little help writing, voicing, or maybe even beta testing smile.gif
Senka
Thank you!
irenicus
great work XXXX

cant wait till november
Paloesha
This mod looks pretty cool. Keldorn has never been one of my top picks(because he leaves for his family), but this will definitely give my BG a new twist!

So, the whole quest with Keldorn's family. Will that be changed around with this mod? I'm just curious. happy.gif

Good luck!
Senka
So, the whole quest with Keldorn's family. Will that be changed around with this mod?

Yes
irenicus
The wait

the wait is so long

cant.... survive

....screenies? happy.gif or somethin

-dies-

I can't wait -squeal-

ILY (to all whom are helping with the mod)

Gold
Ooo! I cannot wait! So I know Keldorn's family will be altered to suit the romance, but will there be another quest for him?

I suppose leaving his family for a bhaalspawn half his age will be a pretty major thing for him though.
Senka
but will there be another quest for him
Yes
I suppose leaving his family for a bhaalspawn half his age will be a pretty major thing for him though

It was very sad story... I'm not sure all of you would accept my decision but I didn't see another way
Ankhesenpaaten
It's okay. But romances with age gaps are common. In my own family the men were quite often 15 or more years older than many of the women. But whatever you do with the romance I'm sure will fit and you'll make it work.
In the Angelo romance he is even older than Keldorn. Iirc Bioware says Keldorn is 39 and Angelo is about 50. And so what??? I don't think numbers are such a big deal.

Can't wait for Keldorn!!! wub.gif
Senka
Iirc Bioware says Keldorn is 39 and Angelo is about 50.

I strongly doubt and set him 53. Because the official epilogue said he died in 60 lived only some years after he finished Bhaal-child saga.
And the main problem is his wife and family of course.
Ankhesenpaaten
I can definitely see your point of view. But his fathering children (and they are quite young) at such an advanced age is fairly rare. I suppose he could have gotten lucky and the children had no complications. I guess I'll try and see it that way. : ) And if Maria is anywhere near his age that means she had babies at nearly 50. That pushes my limits of belief unless of course she is stipulated as being very young when she married such an older man.

And you are right about the epilogue, but to me "some years" is VERY ambiguous and could mean one or two years or much longer. I recently read a book in which the couple were said to have lived happily for "some years" and it clearly meant decades. I guess is it a matter of personal opinion of how long "some years" is. I would have written "several years" if I wanted it to be interpreted as only a handful of years.
But this is still only semantics. I still can't wait to see how you handle it all. Any Keldorn to love is good enough for me!
Senka
And if Maria is anywhere near his age that means she had babies at nearly 50. That pushes my limits of belief unless of course she is stipulated as being very young when she married such an older man.

Yes, I think Maria was more younger than Keldorn, I set her 35 (and Vesper 8-9, Leona 13-14). Well, when they married, he was near 37-39, and she 19-21.
And I didn't say any words about Keldorn'age in my mod smile.gif
irenicus
=/

who cares about age

age = experiance ^___^

(and god I certainly need it for my spelling)

anyways was wondering if we can have a few spoliers? happy.gif

also

any news on updates/release dates, am very excited, I check here every single day
Paloesha
I don't know why I haven't thought about it yet, but the romance conflicts are gonna be interesting. Watching Anomen compete with Keldorn for the PC's affection will be interesting. I guess it can't be the normal kinda conflicts we normally see.

I'd figure that Keldorn is at least twice as old as the PC. The story seems to make it out to be that way anyway.
Ankhesenpaaten
QUOTE(Paloesha @ Sep 25 2008, 09:28 PM) *
I don't know why I haven't thought about it yet, but the romance conflicts are gonna be interesting. Watching Anomen compete with Keldorn for the PC's affection will be interesting. I guess it can't be the normal kinda conflicts we normally see.

I'd figure that Keldorn is at least twice as old as the PC. The story seems to make it out to be that way anyway.

Yeah, the pc, according to Bioware is 20 or so. They said Keldorn is 39. That is about twice as old. But really it doesn't matter. We fangirls are gonna snap him up as soon as he is ready! (Pant! Pant!) I for one can hardly wait! wub.gif
Senka
ny news on updates/release dates
Only Vlad knows smile.gif
I guess it can't be the normal kinda conflicts we normally see

Keldorn is very wise man and he will not do any stupidness wink.gif And will not allow to do it anybody...
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 26 2008, 10:21 AM) *
ny news on updates/release dates
Only Vlad knows smile.gif
I guess it can't be the normal kinda conflicts we normally see
Keldorn is very wise man and he will not do any stupidness wink.gif And will not allow to do it anybody...

OMG T_T... I WANT IT NOW -cries-

a quote? A tasteful spoilerific quote from teh mod?

puh-leeeeeze wub.gif

I've been a good girl happy.gif I swear!!! -holds up hand-

pweeeeeeeaaaaze wub.gif

Paloesha
Yeah, come to think of it, I wouldn't expect Keldorn to indulge in competing with Anomen for PC. Seems kinda below him and all, though I wouldn't doubt that he would voice his opinion.

I've started a new game, and I'm trying the paladin run. PC-Cavalier romancing Anomen(who will turn LG) with Keldorn tagging along. Reminds me of Keldorn's black-and-white perspective on life. In regards to PC, it'll be, at the least, interesting.
Senka

There are no any testings yet. Now Vlad is working with new areas such is Firecam' castle, for example
Ardanis
Now Vlad is working with new areas such is Firecam' castle
Honestly I'd rather him working with NEJ3. Well, godspeed and luck to you smile.gif
Senka
Honestly I'd rather him working with NEJ3. Well, godspeed and luck to you

After Keldorn smile.gif
Ankhesenpaaten
DEFINATELY after Keldorn!!!! We gals are so close to lovin' him that to make us wait longer would be just plain evil. And Keldorn frowns upon evil! biggrin.gif
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 27 2008, 10:45 AM) *

There are no any testings yet. Now Vlad is working with new areas such is Firecam' castle, for example

O_O he has a castle

-runs around-

what teh flip?!?

-cries-

so long

so long

how long -rocks back and fourth-

happy.gif imma hyper, had fizzy drinks all day today cos I had to move dorms XD They gave me a bigger room because I do performing arts and had no room to pratice dance XD
Senka
It will be new chapter with new areas, etc.
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Sep 28 2008, 08:32 PM) *
It will be new chapter with new areas, etc.

T_T I just wanna play it nowwww -sob-

-stares at forum-

Paloesha
Do you mean chapter as in a separate chapter in the BG2 saga? Or do you mean a specific section of the romance?

I've been playing with Keldorn in my party for a little while now, but I was wondering. Does he mention his castle in the vanilla BG2?

Thanks! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.