Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA 6.5 "Bugs" and inconsistencies I've encountered
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2
pekkae
First of all, thanks for the great mod! I've truly enjoyed playing this mod through and I've spent enormous amount of time with BG2/IA within the last few months. I kept tabs on everything inconsistent / "buggy" stuff in the game and here's a list. I'm currently figuring out Orcus and will likely head out to Suldannessar quite soon if I have the chance from real life.

I'm unsure if these are BG2/EE/IA issues & some might be by design. Anyway, here's you go:

*** Bugs & inconsistencies ***

Weahermistress in Temple of Talos is broken -> she’s just sleeping in her bed from the start of the game and is never awake.

When Valygar gets confused(?) (at least) from Umber Hulks) there’s no icon / info that he is confused. (This happened at underdark / Mid Flayer lair & umberhulks)

Paws of the Furious Cat do not work on a dual classed berserker/druid (the descriptionn specifically states they work on a fighter/druid).

Daystar doesn’t do double damage against Skeleton Lords. It does, for some reason, do a few points of magic damage.

Jan Jansen

- loses the +1 spell per level when levelling up
- has a strange “remove magic” button in his spells, even if he has no remove magic spell at all. Selecting the spell does nothing. (I had a look with eekeeper and this might be due to Jan having 4 spells as innate abilities even though he has only 3 innate abilities (1x create bruiser mates, 2x set snare)).
- Lost his thieving abilities (thieving + stealth) at some random point? The "quick use" icons were grey, as if he was wearing an armour that prevents the use of thieving skills. I had a look and for some reason this effect was added to his variables (Button: Disable button(144) with variables 0 & 1 => disables stealth & thieving). Jan was level 20 at the time.
- Ammunition from the “improved flasher launcher” weights 1lbs/piece. It’s quite difficult for Jan to carry the amount around as he has so low strength.

Potion of defence gives +8 to AC against crushing attacks (so char is easier to hit with crushing).

Delon (who should trigger the vanilla game’s ranger stronghold quest #2) spawns so randomly it's too easy to lose the stronghold. And If he spawns, and talks to Minsc, it triggeres the original “investigate deaths at Umar Hills”  quest, even though that quest is Finished (I assume the original quest wasn’t triggered by Delon talking to Minsc)

Strongholds

- Ranger-protector of Umar Hills is finished in journal, even though “Umar Witch” quest is activated & not done yet
- 2 Higgolds appear (when starting the Playhouse stronghold). One is at x=320, y=1160 the other one x=806, y=771
- Paladin Stronghold says “finished” even though I was yet to face Firkraag

When "hit" with effects of a spell, like Greater malision, it counts as a “hit” on contingency. So if you have something launching on the condition of “hit”, a negatively affecting spell will trigger it.

Sometimes contingency (stoneskin/myself/enemy sighted) triggers, even if there are no monsters in sight (this might have to do with a previous stoneskin expiring).

Squirreled Away doesn’t trigger anything to Journal. Neither does the expanded mage stronghold quests.

Chaos (the monster with the child @ trademeet) isn’t hittable with Treefolk’s arm +3. I think Chaos required +4 weapons to hit, but that club should be +5 against unnatural creatures.

I forged "treefolk's fist", but I still have Skullcrusher in my inventory.

Salamnder prince's "improved fireshield" gets to interrupt my casting, even though my protagonist is immune to the damage (and the console says "<charname> was immune to damage". No HP's are reduced either.

The mind flayer control circlet sometimes don’t work - it says “charmed” but the ring under the mind flayer stays red instead of green. I only got the circlet to work in the room where a new mind flayer always spawns @ Underdark.

Risbearer’s innate abilities do not work. As innate abilities, they probably should have a casting time of 0. Now e.g. “risk decrement” just gets cancelled every now and then. It is a serious drag on the usefulness of those abilities and sometimes not being able to fire that specific ability means that you lost a battle.

Hood of the Honourless isn’t usable by Jan (it’s supposed to be usable by a thief). It’s a big shame, since that item looks like custom made fit for Jan.

It makes no sense for Improved Dragon helmet not to be usable by e.g. Valygar. The helmets the improved dragon helmet was made of do not have such restrictions.

Cancelling “chain contingency” goes into a loop - you can’t cast the spell again even though it’s not active.

Grave Lich’s Llarlorch’s interrupter interrupts, even though the recipient has protection from magical energy (my character had 120% resistance against magic energy and still got interrupted). It says spell “char was immune to my damage” but still interrupts.

Cernd’s burning hands has a strange casting time. Cernd has -3 casting time at the moment, but still it isn’t instant.

Minsc has max hit points and (at least) Valygar, Jan, Cernd do not.

If Armor of Faith is cast, it sometimes triggers the animation (the white wings) when “attacked”

Contigency “hit points at 50%” doesn’t work (It doesn’t work in vanilla game either).

I couldn't forge sword of the rashemi even though I had all of the components in my inventory.

You can only summon one planetar (apparently). Even though the it says "you cannot summon any more creatures", you can summon more creatures but just not another planter.

If you are at your maximum with summons, you can't cast "wish". It just says "you can't summon any more creatures" and the spell gets cancelled.
critto
Hi!

Glad you like the mod! Thanks for the reports. Just to clarify, do you have anything else installed besides IA and the recommended stuff?

Weahermistress in Temple of Talos is broken -> she’s just sleeping in her bed from the start of the game and is never awake.
You mean the related quest is unsolvable? Or she just doesn't follow the daily routine?

When Valygar gets confused(?) (at least) from Umber Hulks) there’s no icon / info that he is confused. (This happened at underdark / Mid Flayer lair & umberhulks)

I already saw this report, but couldn't reproduce. Which battle specifically do you mean? Were there any spells affecting him at the moment or equipment?

Paws of the Furious Cat do not work on a dual classed berserker/druid (the descriptionn specifically states they work on a fighter/druid).
This is already noted, I'll investigate and fix for V7.

Daystar doesn’t do double damage against Skeleton Lords. It does, for some reason, do a few points of magic damage.

I'll check it out.

- loses the +1 spell per level when levelling up
I'll re-check.

- has a strange “remove magic” button in his spells, even if he has no remove magic spell at all. Selecting the spell does nothing. (I had a look with eekeeper and this might be due to Jan having 4 spells as innate abilities even though he has only 3 innate abilities (1x create bruiser mates, 2x set snare)).

It is probably because the spell remains as memorized while not present in spell book, I'll check it.

- Lost his thieving abilities (thieving + stealth) at some random point? The "quick use" icons were grey, as if he was wearing an armour that prevents the use of thieving skills. I had a look and for some reason this effect was added to his variables (Button: Disable button(144) with variables 0 & 1 => disables stealth & thieving). Jan was level 20 at the time.
I think there's some equipment that adds this as a permanent feature. A remnant of the older anti-cheat stuff, to prevent thieves with UAI abuse ultra-powerful items. I mostly removed the UAI restrictions, but I hadn't thought of this.

- Ammunition from the “improved flasher launcher” weights 1lbs/piece. It’s quite difficult for Jan to carry the amount around as he has so low strength.

This is easily fixable. What about the ammo containers, though?

Potion of defence gives +8 to AC against crushing attacks (so char is easier to hit with crushing).
I see, thanks.

Delon (who should trigger the vanilla game’s ranger stronghold quest #2) spawns so randomly it's too easy to lose the stronghold. And If he spawns, and talks to Minsc, it triggeres the original “investigate deaths at Umar Hills” quest, even though that quest is Finished (I assume the original quest wasn’t triggered by Delon talking to Minsc)

The original quest actually does trigger by this discussion. Yes, interactions with Delon are notoriously problematic. I've already had a similar report in the past and made what I thought was a successful attempt at fixing this. I'll see if this could be adjusted.

Strongholds
These three look like vanilla bugs, I'll see if I can fix them.

When "hit" with effects of a spell, like Greater malision, it counts as a “hit” on contingency. So if you have something launching on the condition of “hit”, a negatively affecting spell will trigger it.

I'll check this out, but sounds like an engine thing that I won't be able to fix.

Sometimes contingency (stoneskin/myself/on hit) triggers, even if there are no monsters in sight (this might have to do with a previous stoneskin expiring).
Very strange.

Squirreled Away doesn’t trigger anything to Journal. Neither does the expanded mage stronghold quests.

This is a conscious design decision made by Sikret. Personally, I don't share this. The new druid stronghold quest will feature journal entries. I might do a partial revision of the ranger stronghold as well due to plot-related reasons, in which case I'll introduce some journal entries as well. But I doubt that this will be fixed soon, if ever.

Chaos (the monster with the child @ trademeet) isn’t hittable with Treefolk’s arm +3. I think Chaos required +4 weapons to hit, but that club should be +5 against unnatural creatures.
There were plenty of bugs remaining with this item and its upgrades in the latest released version, I think I've fixed this but I'll re-check just in case.

I forged "treefolk's fist", but I still have Skullcrusher in my inventory.

Probably fixed too, I'll re-check.

Salamnder prince's "improved fireshield" gets to interrupt my casting, even though my protagonist is immune to the damage (and the console says "<charname> was immune to damage". No HP's are reduced either.
What do you mean? It applies a continuous effect that hits the character when you do not do physical damage to the enemy?

The mind flayer control circlet sometimes don’t work - it says “charmed” but the ring under the mind flayer stays red instead of green. I only got the circlet to work in the room where a new mind flayer always spawns @ Underdark.

Maybe IA has added some immunities to all mind flayers beside this particular one. I'll check.

Risbearer’s innate abilities do not work. As innate abilities, they probably should have a casting time of 0. Now e.g. “risk decrement” just gets cancelled every now and then. It is a serious drag on the usefulness of those abilities and sometimes not being able to fire that specific ability means that you lost a battle.
What do you mean by cancelled? Interrupted?

Hood of the Honourless isn’t usable by Jan (it’s supposed to be usable by a thief). It’s a big shame, since that item looks like custom made fit for Jan.

I think it was designed for single class (i.e., swashbuckler) thieves.

It makes no sense for Improved Dragon helmet not to be usable by e.g. Valygar. The helmets the improved dragon helmet was made of do not have such restrictions.
I'll check it out.

Cancelling “chain contingency” goes into a loop - you can’t cast the spell again even though it’s not active.

Doubtful that it is caused by IA, maybe a bug of the opcode. I'll check just in case.

Grave Lich’s Llarlorch’s interrupter interrupts, even though the recipient has protection from magical energy (my character had 120% resistance against magic energy and still got interrupted). It says spell “char was immune to my damage” but still interrupts.
I have a suspicious that a successful hit is a trigger for interruption, not the damage actually dealt, in which case I'm not sure it's fixable in a simple manner.

Cernd’s burning hands has a strange casting time. Cernd has -3 casting time at the moment, but still it isn’t instant.

The casting time is set correctly, but the spell has a #165 opcode (Pause Target) for the duration of two seconds, which I have no idea why is present on the spell. Maybe a crutch to better visually simulate the continious animation. This is probably what you are experiencing.

Minsc has max hit points and (at least) Valygar, Jan, Cernd do not.
This is historically so. And, strictly speaking, max HP isn't guaranteed in dnd (and on core rules in the game).

If Armor of Faith is cast, it sometimes triggers the animation (the white wings) when “attacked”

I am not sure I understood. This happens later on, after the spell is active?

Contigency “hit points at 50%” doesn’t work (It doesn’t work in vanilla game either).
I'll see if it is possible to fix.

I couldn't forge sword of the rashemi even though I had all of the components in my inventory.

Noted.

You can only summon one planetar (apparently). Even though the it says "you cannot summon any more creatures", you can summon more creatures but just not another planter.
This is engine level, I'll see if it is adjustable.

If you are at your maximum with summons, you can't cast "wish". It just says "you can't summon any more creatures" and the spell gets cancelled.

This is an engine issue that was submitted to Beamdog some time ago, but probably won't be fixed, because they have moved on to greener pastures, but not before rolling an architecture update of the executable that will most certainly break a lot of stuff.
pekkae
*Glad you like the mod! Thanks for the reports. Just to clarify, do you have anything else installed besides IA and the recommended stuff?

I have Item pack by Daulmakan (just adds a few random items) and an item upgrade pack, that adds a few sites for Cromwell to upgrade. While the mods add other things as well, I just installed the items & Cromwell stuff and IA was the last mod to install.

*Weahermistress in Temple of Talos is broken -> she’s just sleeping in her bed from the start of the game and is never awake.You mean the related quest is unsolvable? Or she just doesn't follow the daily routine?

She doesn't follow the daily routine, she is just sleeping in her bed. The quests can be still done as they don't require her to be awake.

*When Valygar gets confused(?) (at least) from Umber Hulks) there’s no icon / info that he is confused. (This happened at underdark / Mid Flayer lair & umberhulks)
I already saw this report, but couldn't reproduce. Which battle specifically do you mean? Were there any spells affecting him at the moment or equipment?

This happened in the Underrdark in the mind flayer part. Unfortunately I don't have a save so that I could check.

*Ammunition from the “improved flasher launcher” weights 1lbs/piece. It’s quite difficult for Jan to carry the amount around as he has so low strength.
This is easily fixable. What about the ammo containers, though?

I would handle these like any other crossbow ammunition.

*Salamnder prince's "improved fireshield" gets to interrupt my casting, even though my protagonist is immune to the damage (and the console says "<charname> was immune to damage". No HP's are reduced either.What do you mean? It applies a continuous effect that hits the character when you do not do physical damage to the enemy?

I had protection from Fire & started casting vampiric touches on the prince. My casting time for the spell was 0 but every other spell would be cancelled/interrupted, because of "damage" even though I was protected and no damage was done to me.

*Risbearer’s innate abilities do not work. As innate abilities, they probably should have a casting time of 0. Now e.g. “risk decrement” just gets cancelled every now and then. It is a serious drag on the usefulness of those abilities and sometimes not being able to fire that specific ability means that you lost a battle.What do you mean by cancelled? Interrupted?

Yes interrupted.

*Hood of the Honourless isn’t usable by Jan (it’s supposed to be usable by a thief). It’s a big shame, since that item looks like custom made fit for Jan.
I think it was designed for single class (i.e., swashbuckler) thieves.

Would definitely change this as that Item has exactly the things needed to improve Jan.

*Grave Lich’s Llarlorch’s interrupter interrupts, even though the recipient has protection from magical energy (my character had 120% resistance against magic energy and still got interrupted). It says spell “char was immune to my damage” but still interrupts. I have a suspicious that a successful hit is a trigger for interruption, not the damage actually dealt, in which case I'm not sure it's fixable in a simple manner

Most likely so, as pierce magic / RRoR's also disrupt casting (at least sometimes).

*Cernd’s burning hands has a strange casting time. Cernd has -3 casting time at the moment, but still it isn’t instant.
The casting time is set correctly, but the spell has a #165 opcode (Pause Target) for the duration of two seconds, which I have no idea why is present on the spell. Maybe a crutch to better visually simulate the continious animation. This is probably what you are experiencing

Sounds like it. Though that's a serious drag on the usefulness of the spell smile.gif.

*Minsc has max hit points and (at least) Valygar, Jan, Cernd do not. This is historically so. And, strictly speaking, max HP isn't guaranteed in dnd (and on core rules in the game).

Yes I know. Having max hp's for Jan at least would be super important (as it's quite hard to get him over 60....)

*]If Armor of Faith is cast, it sometimes triggers the animation (the white wings) when “attacked”
I am not sure I understood. This happens later on, after the spell is active?

After the spell is cast & active, the char gets attacked it launches the animation again as if the spell was just cast.

critto
I had protection from Fire & started casting vampiric touches on the prince. My casting time for the spell was 0 but every other spell would be cancelled/interrupted, because of "damage" even though I was protected and no damage was done to me.
OK, I get it. It's just a regular resonating fire shield bug.

Yes interrupted.

Many of the innate abilities aren't really innate. It's a known issue, will be fixed eventually.

Sounds like it. Though that's a serious drag on the usefulness of the spell smile.gif.
I'm surprised that someone actually uses it smile.gif

Yes I know. Having max hp's for Jan at least would be super important (as it's quite hard to get him over 60....)

I'm fairly sure that I tried to calculate the maximum amount back when I'd been working on this, strange.

After the spell is cast & active, the char gets attacked it launches the animation again as if the spell was just cast.

Strange stuff. I can see the animation effect added to the spell but nothing suggests that it should trigger on hit.
pekkae
"Improved Haste" is broken, it doesn't add any attacks per round.

I noticed this when I got the "boots of the ranger lord" and thus Valygar's attacks went from 4,5 -> 9 (Water's Edge +4 off hand & Corthala Family Blade +5 main hand, ** katana / ** scimitar, level 22). Overjoyed, I tested out attacks per round on Minsc. I just got 4 attacks. Next round 5 attacks.

Switching to Halberd (** so 2,5 attacks per round). I just get 2 attacks per round. Next round 3 attacks.

The boots do not add any attacks per round.
Also, casting "improved haste" on Valygar doesn't double attacks per round (it doesn't seem to add any attacks per round).

My Risk bearer's innate "improved haste"also doesn't add any attacks per round.

The info screen ("record" screen) does tell me that the attacks have increased but in reality, they do not.

edit1: Cernd with paws of the cheetah improved hasted stays at 2 APR, even though info screen says attack per round: 4.

edit2: Oil of speed doesn't work either. My protagonist stays at 1 APR even with an Oil of speed.

edit3: Haste doesn't add attacks per round either. Tried it with Valygar & Halberd (I just get 2 or 3 APR -> should be 3 or 4 APR). Protagonist (necro) stays at 1 APR, even with haste & with Oil of speed.

edit4: I also loaded a very old savegame (13th level characters) and no, it doesn't add any attacks per round there either. Valygar's APR stays at 3 or 4, when it should be 7 (3,5 *2 ).
pekkae
Improved hasted (Not wearing improved boots if the ranger lord)

pekkae
A full round.

Valygar level 23
Halberd with **
Not wearing boots of speed / improved boots of the ranger lord
But "improved hasted"

3 attacks per round. Should be 5 (2,5 APR *2)

critto
Well, this is new. I'm gonna need a save game and a complete weidu log to begin with. Can't reproduce it locally on my installation.
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Jan 21 2021, 02:19 PM) *
Well, this is new. I'm gonna need a save game and a complete weidu log to begin with. Can't reproduce it locally on my installation.

I tried starting a new game and it doesn't work there either (consoled in an improved haste scroll "SCRL7Q")

I could try re-installing everything, but I'm a little bit hesitant because I really don't want to start over again.

Where do I send the saved game and where do I get the Weidu log? (or is it the "ImprovedAnvil.debug" under "logs"?)

Oh. Btw. I have the Macos version of the game.

Thanks for the help in advance.
critto
Just attach the archive with the save game to this post. Weidu log, is the file that is literally named weidu.log and it is located inside the BG2 folder.
pekkae
Ok. Thanks a lot.

pfa.

Dequ
Tested your save game and Haste & Improved Haste works perfectly. Autopause end of round might be pause wrongly too fast when char under haste.

Tested that 1 char no haste (2apr), 1 char improved haste (3apr) both attacking same time same target. I got correct amount of attack when checked rate of their attacks match 2/3.

Tested even more on my own game. Haste&Improved Haste affect how fast "auto pause end of round" for attacks last. for casting round is still 6s. Numbers of attacks match correctly when hasted chars x2, because haste makes attack round last only 3s.

so hasted char attack round for autopause is counted 2x faster than normal = 3s. So when char under haste it will do apr amount of attacks in 6s = 2 * "end of auto pause round"
pekkae
QUOTE(Dequ @ Jan 21 2021, 05:44 PM) *
Tested your save game and Haste & Improved Haste works perfectly. Autopause end of round might be pause wrongly too fast when char under haste.

Tested that 1 char no haste (2apr), 1 char improved haste (3apr) both attacking same time same target. I got correct amount of attack when checked rate of their attacks match 2/3.

Tested even more on my own game. Haste&Improved Haste affect how fast "auto pause end of round" for attacks last. for casting round is still 6s. Numbers of attacks match correctly when hasted chars x2, because haste makes attack round last only 3s.

so hasted char attack round for autopause is counted 2x faster than normal = 3s. So when char under haste it will do apr amount of attacks in 6s = 2 * "end of auto pause round"

Yes, you are right.

The misleading thing is the 3s round.

I had both protagonist & Valygar attacking Minsc and Protagonist has 1 attack per 9 attacks from Valygar.

Additional misleading thing (for me) is that boots of speed apparently give you one additional attack per round. I didn't know this. In the vanilla game, IIRC, they were only supposed to increase movement speed but not attacks.

Anyway thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it.
critto
Indeed, autopause:end round fires twice during the 6 second interval for a IH character. The surest way to check is simply to compare amount of attacks in character's sheet before and after applying haste. The amount in the record will change according to the active buffs.
forthenature
I have also encountered some bugs during the game.
1. Troll King does not drop Blood of a Royal Troll. I've reported it in the other topic, it does not happen all the time.
2. Minsc's sword is forged while Dragon Blade is not consumed. And the talk option to forge Minsc's blade is still there.

I did not install any other mods other than IA.
critto
There are a few bugs, unfortunately, with the new items in the current version. I've fixed all of them in v7.

The one with the Blood not being dropped is indeed another one that I've missed. I'll fix it, thanks.

For a local fix, feel free to clua in the item if it did not drop during the battle.
pekkae
Here's a few additional inconsistencies I've encountered.

(BG2EE, latest IA version, simplified economy installed & some other IA tweaks)

- Recast vital energy dispels illusions (if I have say mirror image active on Sorcerer & F/M, they get cancelled when casting RvE)

- There are literally no "protection fro level drain" - drops (I've got 2 now and I'm almost through chapter 6), probably due to "simplified economy".

- More RRoR scrolls need to be added, they are really scarce in the beginning. You have to rely on scrolls for that spell in the beginning (at least @ planar prison / shade lord), but "simplified economy" probably takes them away

- Green Wyrm dropped only 5k coins but not anything else (I think the finishing blow was with Sword of the Rashemi & magic damage, so the scripts thought I was cheating) The problem with Green Wyrm got replicated throughout the game, no robe of neutral archmagi from hybrid trifling, no short sword of the mask from grandfather of Rune Assassins etc. I had to replay a number of encounters and it seems that 30+% of the time the scripts think I'm cheating. ( My party has an uber-powerful K(13)/T with UAI on it, but there's no cheats with that character)

- If you summon a deva, you can't summon a planetary

- Golem Slayer doesn't do triple damage against gem golems and coin golems (it did work on bone golem (or what's it called, the one that throws "hideous laughter"))
critto
- Recast vital energy dispels illusions (if I have say mirror image active on Sorcerer & F/M, they get cancelled when casting RvE)
This might be a feature, not a bug.

- There are literally no "protection fro level drain" - drops (I've got 2 now and I'm almost through chapter 6), probably due to "simplified economy".

I'll re-check but we took care not to touch rare and unique stuff, only generic loot.

- More RRoR scrolls need to be added, they are really scarce in the beginning. You have to rely on scrolls for that spell in the beginning (at least @ planar prison / shade lord), but "simplified economy" probably takes them away
See previous point. RRoR scrolls are very rare by design, and you only get like 3-4 distinct drops of it in specific places. Can you pinpoint one location where it should be found, but wasn't?

- Green Wyrm dropped only 5k coins but not anything else (I think the finishing blow was with Sword of the Rashemi & magic damage, so the scripts thought I was cheating) The problem with Green Wyrm got replicated throughout the game, no robe of neutral archmagi from hybrid trifling, no short sword of the mask from grandfather of Rune Assassins etc. I had to replay a number of encounters and it seems that 30+% of the time the scripts think I'm cheating. ( My party has an uber-powerful K(13)/T with UAI on it, but there's no cheats with that character)

There's no such scripting in the game to my knowledge. Something else is at play here, maybe loot gets destroyed due to chunked death?

- If you summon a deva, you can't summon a planetary
IIRC it's by design even in vanilla?

- Golem Slayer doesn't do triple damage against gem golems and coin golems (it did work on bone golem (or what's it called, the one that throws "hideous laughter"))

I'll re-check.
pekkae
There's no such scripting in the game to my knowledge. Something else is at play here, maybe loot gets destroyed due to chunked death?

The result was similar to if I used the console (CTRL+T IIRC) to kill the enemy, e.g. Green Wyrm.

I thought there was an anti-cheat script that tries to identify that and reduces the loot. I've never had that problem before with any character but the K/T seems to be an exception.
critto
Once again this looks more like a chunked death issue or something. I don't have a clear idea at the moment. One thing I am pretty sure of is there shouldn't percentage based loot reductions. If some drops were restricted, they were guaranteed to be so based on specific condition (e.g., character's class).
pekkae
Final three:

- Melf's Acid Arrow has a casting time of 3, even though the description says it's 2
- "Oaken Ring" (The druidic ring you get in Amkethran) cannot be removed. The only way I found to remove it, was to upgrade it to the "heartwood ring", which works normally
- Blessed Bracers special ability (heal + cure poison + level drain) doesn't work.
critto
Noted, thanks.
namelessone47
Find Several:

Avenger's abilities are absent: i.e. No +5 Bonus to AC, No immune to webs, etc. [IGNORE THIS]
1. Aerie's Mage Book is malfunctioning: i.e. if level 3 has n slots, she can only memorize n-1 maximum.
2. The Jade Fang should be a +2 weapon instead of +3: The real enchantment is downgraded to +2, but the name of the weapon does not change to reflect this.
3. For Spellhold Book Encounter, finished the whole process without S/L and rest in 10 turns (Including the last Elemental Golem), but could not get the reward(Darksteel Shield +4, etc).
After the elemental golem, clicking the book leads to no response.
4. Lawful Good Riskbreakers may still wear Gauntlets of the Blessed Might, though only 10hp is added(other effects like +1/2 APR are missing).
(Viewed the attribute via DLTCEP, it seems like lots of effects having probability 0 where they should have been 100)
5. Cannot find Blood of a Royal Troll from Troll King & Queen Battle.
6. Cannot find Fourty(Forty) Eight-Sided Garnet from the well after killing the Viper Queen
7. Cursed Vampire Ashes(s!misc63) is missing in the game, cannot forge Imoen's Pendant of Recovered Light. Pendant of Recovered Light should add "Maximum HP Bonus" instead of "Current HP Bonus", and add 25 magic
dmg resistance should be with probability 100.
8. Many Unique Items(Cernd's cloak, Elven Ancient Expertise Potion, etc) used by UAI characters will result in the permanent disability of stealth icon.
9. Treefolk's Series are supposed to add bonus thac0 and damage to unnatural creatures(undead, giants, and monsters), but in fact they are not. I checked attacking several undead and it seems the bonus never works out.
The descriptions in game are also inconsistent: (Treefolk+4 says add 6 dmg to unnatural and Treefolk+5 says add 10 dmg to unnatural; But they both are supposed to +5 to unnatural in reality)
10. Has Iarodsmiteplace global variable set to 1 which means Lavok has the Rod of Smiting. But after the Lavok battle the variable becomes 5 and I do not get the Rod of Smiting
11. Cannot find Elven Stone of Arcana and Holiness
12. Sarevok's Reforged Sword of Chaos trigger condition is wrong: "NumItemsPartyGT("s!misc66",2) // Blood of a Greater Demon" s!misc66 should be s!misc67 // Blood of a Greater Bhaalspawn

IAtweaks:
simplified economy:
1. one of Neera's quests require diamonds and necklace to forge the talisman
2. Silver horn also needs a diamond

Thanks
critto
Aerie's spell book issue should be fixed in 6.52 (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/commit/b412984c318fc6a3dad337661e250543f48b772b)

Not sure what do you mean about the avenger's abilities being absent. The character does not receive Perform Ritual HLA?

simplified economy:

I'll check it.
namelessone47
QUOTE(critto @ Aug 28 2021, 04:33 AM) *
Aerie's spell book issue should be fixed in 6.52 (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/commit/b412984c318fc6a3dad337661e250543f48b772b)

Not sure what do you mean about the avenger's abilities being absent. The character does not receive Perform Ritual HLA?

simplified economy:

I'll check it.

for Avenger's class description, at the bottom (under perform ritual) you will find:

Abilities: (that's what I mean by "Abilities")
- +5 bonus to AC
- +5 bonus to to Saving Throws (duplicate "to)
- +1 bonus to movement speed

for this section, all of them are missing I guess (no actual effect). i.e., all the others (including perform ritual) work well except this "Abilities" section.
critto

These are part of the description of Perform Ritual ability. Once you gain and activate it, the character will receive all these bonuses for the duration of the ability.
namelessone47
QUOTE(critto @ Aug 28 2021, 05:47 AM) *

These are part of the description of Perform Ritual ability. Once you gain and activate it, the character will receive all these bonuses for the duration of the ability.

My bad, thought they were separate descriptions. Thank you for the clarification.
namelessone47
Post 23,
added 3 and 4.
critto

There was a bug in scripts, fixed here (shortly before 6.52): https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...34eae333d79e517
namelessone47
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 9 2021, 04:24 PM) *

There was a bug in scripts, fixed here (shortly before 6.52): https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...34eae333d79e517

It works, thanks!
namelessone47
Post 23,
added several new. wink.gif
critto
4. Lawful Good Riskbreakers may still wear Gauntlets of the Blessed Might, though only 10hp is added(other effects like +1/2 APR are missing).
(Viewed the attribute via DLTCEP, it seems like lots of effects having probability 0 where they should have been 100)
I'll re-check the restrictions. Many problems with effects were fixed locally for the upcoming v7 (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/commit/bc57840039106007fa2b09818a86bbf36a0a86e7)

5. Cannot find Blood of a Royal Troll from Troll King & Queen Battle.

Already a known bug, will be fixed in v7.

6. Cannot find Fourty(Forty) Eight-Sided Garnet from the well after killing the Viper Queen
What's your protagonist's class?

7. Cursed Vampire Ashes(s!misc63) is missing in the game, cannot forge Imoen's Pendant of Recovered Light. Pendant of Recovered Light should add "Maximum HP Bonus" instead of "Current HP Bonus", and add 25 magic
dmg resistance should be with probability 100.

The pendant itself is fixed locally already (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/commit/bf3019f8ba6c007f51ceb60f2c101af9538053d9). Will re-check s!misc63 (feel free to clua in it for the moment).

8. Many Unique Items(Cernd's cloak, Elven Ancient Expertise Potion, etc) used by UAI characters will result in the permanent disability of stealth icon.
This was an intended design decision to "punish" UAI thieves. I won't be revising this at the moment, not until v7 is out.

9. Treefolk's Series are supposed to add bonus thac0 and damage to unnatural creatures(undead, giants, and monsters), but in fact they are not. I checked attacking several undead and it seems the bonus never works out.
The descriptions in game are also inconsistent: (Treefolk+4 says add 6 dmg to unnatural and Treefolk+5 says add 10 dmg to unnatural; But they both are supposed to +5 to unnatural in reality)

Should all be fixed locally already.

10. Has Iarodsmiteplace global variable set to 1 which means Lavok has the Rod of Smiting. But after the Lavok battle the variable becomes 5 and I do not get the Rod of Smiting
Will check.

11. Cannot find Elven Stone of Arcana and Holiness

Will check.

Roger the Fence sells everything needed. I added some intentionally and forgot about it. Will add a note to the readme.
namelessone47
What's your protagonist's class?
Non-Vagrant, Wildmage.

This was an intended design decision to "punish" UAI thieves. I won't be revising this at the moment, not until v7 is out.
I knew the punishment, but I still need to get some feedback or warnings for this at least.

Will check.
Legally finished Lavok battle (in sight, having skeletons, golems spawned, no Rush Attack etc, the randomizer has enough time to produce the rod of smiting), and even finished the whole Planar Sphere quest and the rod does not appear on the ground after Lavok's death. (non-necromancer protagonist, teammate Valygar)

Roger the Fence sells everything needed. I added some intentionally and forgot about it. Will add a note to the readme.
yes, eventually those gems are not producing any problems at all, there are several places you can still find those gems. But I think it's better we can forge those gears at the very beginning.

Thank you for your immediate response
critto
Non-Vagrant, Wildmage.
Can you show me these variables?

GetGlobal("VanyaJob","GLOBAL")
GetGlobal("IaDragonWell","AR1202")

I knew the punishment, but I still need to get some feedback or warnings for this at least.

What do you mean?

Legally finished Lavok battle (in sight, having skeletons, golems spawned, no Rush Attack etc, the randomizer has enough time to produce the rod of smiting), and even finished the whole Planar Sphere quest and the rod does not appear on the ground after Lavok's death. (non-necromancer protagonist, teammate Valygar)
This might sound obvious, but did you check Lavok's body?

yes, eventually those gems are not producing any problems at all, there are several places you can still find those gems. But I think it's better we can forge those gears at the very beginning.

Well, Roger's pretty much from the start, that's why I chose him.

Thank you for your immediate response

Sure.
namelessone47
Non-Vagrant, Wildmage.
Can you show me these variables?

After Killing the Viper Queen:
GetGlobal("VanyaJob","GLOBAL")=6
GetGlobal("IaDragonWell","AR1202")=1

What do you mean?
Put something like "the item permanently disables stealth ability" in the item description or readme file, or "your stealth ability is permanently disabled due to illegal use of potion" as the dialogue message.

This might sound obvious, but did you check Lavok's body?
After the battle he becomes weak, laying on the ground, and no longer hostile. Clicking on him will trigger the dialogue asking you to fetch the demon heart; When finishing the whole quest, his body lays on the doorside of Planar Sphere, and all the loots(perm scroll, amulet of charon, ring of acuity, corthala scabbard, etc) are on the ground without the rod. After his death, his body is unclickable.

LAVOK01.BCS indicates:
IF
Detect([PC])
Global("Iatreasure","LOCALS",0)
Global("Iarodsmiteplace","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Iarodsmiteplace","GLOBAL",5)
SetGlobal("Iatreasure","LOCALS",1)
GiveItemCreate("rods04",Myself,0,0,0) // Rod of Smiting
END
critto
It sets to 6 only after you talk to Vanya. Before the talk, but after killing it's 5 (which is the value used inside the well's script check). Long story short, this is sort of a bug, I'll fix it locally, best solution now is just to clua in the item.

After the battle he becomes weak, laying on the ground, and no longer hostile.

I forgot about the teleport outside the sphere part of the quest. Now I get it. These are different creature files, the one with all the stuff (scabbard, etc.) is spawned outside, but the inside the sphere CRE gets the rod via the randomizer. In theory, the rod should still be present in the navigator room where the fight has occurred but it's far from obvious. I wonder for how long this bug has been there. Anyhow, once again, I suggest to clua in the item, the issue will be fixed in the future.
namelessone47
QUOTE(critto @ Sep 25 2021, 05:25 PM) *
It sets to 6 only after you talk to Vanya. Before the talk, but after killing it's 5 (which is the value used inside the well's script check). Long story short, this is sort of a bug, I'll fix it locally, best solution now is just to clua in the item.

After the battle he becomes weak, laying on the ground, and no longer hostile.
I forgot about the teleport outside the sphere part of the quest. Now I get it. These are different creature files, the one with all the stuff (scabbard, etc.) is spawned outside, but the inside the sphere CRE gets the rod via the randomizer. In theory, the rod should still be present in the navigator room where the fight has occurred but it's far from obvious. I wonder for how long this bug has been there. Anyhow, once again, I suggest to clua in the item, the issue will be fixed in the future.

The Rod of Smiting was used to be bought from the merchant in Ust Natha in the old versions of IA I believe, it was newly added to the randomizer in one of the recent versions. So the bug won't be there for long.
Got it. Thanks!
critto
The Rod of Smiting was used to be bought from the merchant in Ust Natha in the old versions of IA I believe, it was newly added to the randomizer in one of the recent versions. So the bug won't be there for long.

Indeed. Well, then I am the one to blame :-)
pekkae
Hey!

Here's a few additional notes that I've come across.

-Ring of djinn summoning keeps disappearing after you use it
-Pendant of recovered light doesn't increase max hp's & doesn't provide protection from magic damage. It does however "heal" 20hp's when you equip it. It can also be worn by anyone.
-Rod of smiting is missing (I think I found it before, this is probably after simplified aconomy but I'm not 100%)
-Deck of many things increases STR for Cernd, instead of WIS as it is supposed to
-couldn't hit "demon lord" (who gives you the blood of a demon lord for Judgemenet Day) with Solemn Duty, even though it is supposed to be +5 against demons.
-githyaki in Kruin fight & Supreme Leader fight are mostly just standing around and not attacking / doing anything.
critto
-Deck of many things increases STR for Cernd, instead of WIS as it is supposed to
What's its mechanics? I don't really remember. I presume it is dialogue-driven and class-based, and therefore does not take into account a few new kits.

-githyaki in Kruin fight & Supreme Leader fight are mostly just standing around and not attacking / doing anything.

Definitely don't remember changing anything here. Do you have a save game to showcase the problem?
critto
-Rod of smiting is missing (I think I found it before, this is probably after simplified aconomy but I'm not 100%)

It was randomised and kind of bugged if the randomiser assigned it to Lavok. I've fixed the issue locally (https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/commit/9c6508a66caa38c8bb334f48855272f85dbfa8ce), feel free to add it via the console meanwhile.
pekkae
QUOTE(critto @ Dec 4 2021, 02:28 AM) *
What's its mechanics? I don't really remember. I presume it is dialogue-driven and class-based, and therefore does not take into account a few new kits.

I think it's +1 DEX if rogue, +1 WIS if cleric/druid and if none of the previous, then +1 STR. I guess it looks at kits instead of classes to determine the outcome.

Definitely don't remember changing anything here. Do you have a save game to showcase the problem?

Sure. But it's not a big problem. I could make a short video if this is reported elsewhere as well?
critto
Sure. But it's not a big problem. I could make a short video if this is reported elsewhere as well?

Not to my knowledge. Video will work OK, i guess, but save game is better since I could go in and try to diagnose it on the spot. Otherwise I'd need to wait until I have a suitable save game available.
bulian
Critto, this sounds like a bug you fixed earlier in one of the development branches. I don’t remember the thread but similar behavior was reported before. Something with a potion call in one of the scripts and simplified economy.
critto
Ah yes, indeed. There was such an issue, I've forgotten all about it. Applying this patch https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvilT...8c0b3b8043c0ce0 and reinstalling simplified economy might help.
lroumen
Question. I never finished my run with the swashbuckler because I got stuck with real life things. However, is it correct that when donning the enhanced armour of stamina, stealth is really permanently disabled even after taking it off?
I am not sure for the reasoning of it since a swashbuckler does not get backstab multipliers anyhow. I do like some stealth utility once in a while
pekkae
QUOTE(lroumen @ Dec 29 2021, 01:11 PM) *
Question. I never finished my run with the swashbuckler because I got stuck with real life things. However, is it correct that when donning the enhanced armour of stamina, stealth is really permanently disabled even after taking it off?
I am not sure for the reasoning of it since a swashbuckler does not get backstab multipliers anyhow. I do like some stealth utility once in a while

Yes it is. Stealth is permanently disabled. It adds a permanent "disable button" line to characters effects. I don't know if you can disable the feature through console.

I think the reasoning behind is that then ordinary thieves with UAI can't use the armor.
pekkae
Found a few more;

- Jaheira can gain proficiencies in "two weapon style" instead of "two handed weapons style"

- Dispel Magic isn't behaving like the description says: My 20th level Necro can dispel my 22nd level Auramaster & my 22th level Protector? For example if the Auramaster & protector cast "armor of faith" - spells and they will get dispelled if hit with Necros dispel magic (not 100% of the time). If protector's level is increased until 28th (or so), Necro's success rate drops to 20% (or so). This isn't supposed to happen, if I understood the description correctly.

critto
- Jaheira can gain proficiencies in "two weapon style" instead of "two handed weapons style"
Pretty sure this is a feature, not a bug. Avengers get two static points 2h, but no opportunity to grow it further.

- Dispel Magic isn't behaving like the description says: My 20th level Necro can dispel my 22nd level Auramaster & my 22th level Protector? For example if the Auramaster & protector cast "armor of faith" - spells and they will get dispelled if hit with Necros dispel magic (not 100% of the time). If protector's level is increased until 28th (or so), Necro's success rate drops to 20% (or so). This isn't supposed to happen, if I understood the description correctly.

The description is outdated. I've fixed it here https://github.com/critto-bg/ImprovedAnvil/...e21059e49aaf693, but the commit didn't make it into the last official release. Long story short, the opcode now always allow for critical success/failure despite the difference in levels. This is engine-level, not something added by the mod.
critto
As for UAI, yes, many of those items had built-in limitations to prevent potential abuse. I removed some of those things at certain different points of the mod lifespan. Can't remember if I ever touched the swashbuckler armor. To be completely honest, I've had long-term plans to remove UAI altogether for some time now, it's impossible to balance and easy to abuse.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.