Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IA v6 bug thread
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
critto
Send them here if you find any. But before posting please make sure that you have followed the installation instruction accurately. Also, don't forget to attach a copy of your WeiDu.log file. WeiDu.log is a text file which can be found in your main BG2 folder. Either attach the file to your post or simply copy and paste its content.
mikel123
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ]Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v11
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Update game references to NPC classes/kits: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1208 // Jan Jansen: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1211 // Mazzy Fenton: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1214 // Valygar Corthala: v1.9
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1216 // Yoshimo: v1.9
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Visual Ioun Stones
~1PP_FLAMINGSWORDS/1PP_FLAMINGSWORDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: Flaming Swords v1
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1204 // Edwin Odesseiron: v1.9
~SPIRITSHAMANDRUID/SETUP-SPIRITSHAMANDRUID.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v11

Having some issues with the Ranger stronghold, as a Vagrant protagonist with the "multiple strongholds" tweak.

After defeating the Shade Lord and telling Minister Lloyd, I get the completed Umar Hills quest experience, rewards, etc. I talk to him again and he asks me to be their ranger and I agree.

However, I cannot get the forest spirit to show up (supposed to happen 3+ days after this, in my cabin in Umar Hills). I can go to the Temple Ruins and just do the first quest, but after completing it, I can't find the forest spirit or get him/her to show up for my reward.
nicoper
Spirit should be standing near ranger cabin in Umar, did you look here?
If spirir not here, ther is trouble indeed...
Vuki
Mikel, there is a problem with your installation if I am not mistaken. IA should be the very last one installed component and it is not the case with your install. I think you have to uninstall the game, install again and start a completely new game. Also, you should check the installed component, I think unlimited Bag of Holding should not be installed. Please check the IA installation document for the usable mods.

I think the best would be to install BG2 again (with patch) and make a fresh install instead of trying to fix your current installation.
Sikret
Your installation is wrong. Please read the installation document of the Readme file carefully and do a clean install again. You ill need to start a new game.

1- Improved Anvil should be the last mod you install (nothing after it)
2- Use the original Ease of Use (not BG2 tweakpack). You can find the original EoU on this page.
2- Do not install any other component of Ease of Use other than these:
- Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking for SOA and TOB (Recommended)
- Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth (optional)
- True Grand Mastery (Recommended)
- Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, ... (Recommended)
- Multiple Strongholds (Recommended)
- Bonus Merchants (optional)
- No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark (optional)
- Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix (Recommended)
- Romance: Bug Fixes (optional)
mikel123
Do you really think Unlimited Bag of Holding or Happy NPC mod is messing up the ranger stronghold quest? Out of curiosity, how would this be possible?
Sikret
This is not just about your current problem with the ranger stronghold. With a bad installation you will encounter various problems during the game sooner or later and we offer technical support only to those who do a proper installation according to instructions in the readme. If you don't follow those instructions you will be on your own risk. The sooner you fix the installation, the better.
mikel123
I'm not asking for technical support. I'm willing to take the risk that the other stuff I have installed will not impact the game; I will not be reinstalling and starting over.

If you want to assume that the ranger stronghold issue I'm having is related to visual ioun stones, or making Mazzy a riskbreaker, that's up to you. Just figured I'd post the issue I came across, with all of the information I have available.
Sikret
Read the initial post of this thread again. I will quote here:

before posting please make sure that you have followed the installation instruction accurately

mikel123
You win.
Vuki
QUOTE(mikel123 @ May 9 2013, 04:40 PM) *
You win.

I think Mikel you misunderstood the situation. It is not about winning or loosing. If someone report bugs that are caused just because of wrong installation of the mod then Sikret have two options. He can try to fix those bugs but there can be unlimited number of such bugs (caused by wrong installation) or he can just ignore them. Waste a lot of resources just because someone does not follow the installation instruction is pointless, so I think in reality he has only one option: just ignore them because otherwise it will be a neverending story. Therefore it is also pointless to report such a bug because no one will care about them.
Alva
Hello there,

Im new to IA, nice difficulty, it really make the game challenging.
I've spot some weird things, maybe it is IA bugs (or vanilla ones) :

1) In the fight with Pai'Na, I killed all sword spiders at once with a death spell from Cernd. They did not give me XP. Moreover kills did not appear in Cernd stats (Informations).
2) In heal spell (lvl6) description it says "Casting Time: 1 round". It would be op tongue.gif
3) The berserker skill from fighter kit do not protect from web spell. If it's not a bug, what others controls it do not prevent ?
4) An Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting spell casted from the mage of the tower in sewers, centered on my berserker/mage did not hit him. He was alone against him and no spells that can protect from that. The secound ADHW hit him.
5) Again with this mage and in my first attempt to kill him, I've send my sorcerer with improved invisibility/SI:Divination. He casted true sight, and stand doing nothing.

My setup :

~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Empilement infini d'Armes, de Potions et d'Anneaux/Amulettes
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #3 // Veritable Grande Maitrise (demi-attaque supplémentaire, etc...) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #4 // Fait taire "Vous devez reunir votre groupe avant d'aller plus loin"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #9 // Debridage de la table de TAC0, des jets de sauvegarde, de la grande maitrise, et de la progression des sorts d'Arcane et Divins (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #11 // Permet aux PNJ crees en mode multijoueur d'attendre lorsqu'ils sont vires
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #14 // Quetes de classes accessibles à tous (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #17 // Pas d'avatar Drow dans le groupe en OmbreTerre
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #1 #0 // Mod Widescreen -> pour les jeux Infinity Engine originaux (CHOISISSEZ CA !): Mod Widescreen v3.02
critto
1) In the fight with Pai'Na, I killed all sword spiders at once with a death spell from Cernd. They did not give me XP. Moreover kills did not appear in Cernd stats (Informations).
AFAIR, killer spiders are re-spawnable, thus they can be abused by a player to gain free and easy experience. As you will notice, IA makes a point of getting rid of different in-game ways to "cheat the system", it's just what we do. I'm sure that you'll find many exciting threads here and on other forums where people quite strongly oppose or support this way of doing things, but that's how we roll. There'll be plenty of experience in the game for you to harvest, up to the limit of 12KK, more or less smile.gif

2) In heal spell (lvl6) description it says "Casting Time: 1 round". It would be op

Huh? Is there a question here or a problem? It does indeed take one round. A round in IA lasts six seconds or a certain amount of "units", with each round consisting of 10 of these. We have an article somewhere around in here that explains the rough math of how it works.

3) The berserker skill from fighter kit do not protect from web spell. If it's not a bug, what others controls it do not prevent ?
The berserker ability designed to protected rage-controlled barbarian from mind-affecting spells. Web is movement-affecting spell and thus cannot be overcome by using Berserk, you need to use Free Action. I cannot provide you a complete list without consulting the game, but in general you can follow the rule that Berserk works against mind-affecting stuff (Confusion, Emotion, etc.).

4) An Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting spell casted from the mage of the tower in sewers, centered on my berserker/mage did not hit him. He was alone against him and no spells that can protect from that. The secound ADHW hit him.

Are you absolutely sure there were no active potions or spells? Mirror Image is what comes to mind with ADHW. First hit of the spell usually gets rid of the MI, and the second does the damage.

5) Again with this mage and in my first attempt to kill him, I've send my sorcerer with improved invisibility/SI:Divination. He casted true sight, and stand doing nothing.

That's curious. Is it reproducible? We'll take a look.
Sikret
QUOTE(Alva @ Oct 2 2013, 10:32 PM) *

You attacked or you just stood there? Mekrath doesn't attack if he is not hostile (red circle).
Alva
1) sword spiders in that fight are re-spawnable, that's why. Ok. Planar dogs in the planar prison are not re-spawnable? (they give 10k xp) The boss summons TOO MANY of them !
2) Shame on me. Usually there is no unit of time after the casting time number, it confused me.
3) Ok !
4) No potions. Im pretty sure he dispelled my MI before. It was a few days ago so I can be 100% sure.
5) He was agressive, yes, my mage was partially invisible so the dialogue started and I choose to fight. When I saw he stood doing nothing, I've send my berserker/mage on him. He started casting Mordenkainen's Sword, i quicly send my B/M out of his sight. After that he started casting aoe spells at my mage (ADHW ...). But before that he really stood doing nothing. When I posted my first message I already killed him, so I can't reproduce, sorry.
pacman7654
I think I found a bug with the Lord Roenall fight. There seems to be a timer meant to prevent running him in circles while you wait out his Hardiness. The problem is the timer keeps expiring without any running away. Even when I make sure he always has something to beat on, the fight ends prematurely every time.

I think the problem may be that the timer runs while the game is in the background (I run in windowed mode). When I come back to the game, the fight instantly ends.
Sikret
QUOTE(pacman7654 @ Jan 1 2014, 11:50 AM) *
I think the problem may be that the timer runs while the game is in the background (I run in windowed mode). When I come back to the game, the fight instantly ends.

You mean you leave the game running in the background and switch to a different window in the middle of the fight? If that's the cause of the problem, I doubt that there is any solution for it, except you don't do it that way. Just stay on that window and finish the fight.
pacman7654
OK, apparently there is a time limit on this fight... so nevermind, not an IA bug! I just need to forget about killing the mage, or come back with high enough levels to dispel him.

Edit: For the record, in case anyone has the same confusion, you have 5 minutes to kill Lord Roenall after talking to Major Domo.
bulian
Wondering what the intended behavior of spellshield is in v6? It seems to fully protect against an infinite number of RRR and breaches for a number of fights, including Balor in expanded mage demon plane (who have spell trigger with spell shield in it) and Conster (who I believe starts with the buff and has an unbreachable stone skin).

Also, the text for comet says 10d10 damage, but I've had characters take >150 damage when hit by a comet, so maybe its 10d10 fire and 10d10 blunt? It would be nice if the damage were clarified in the game.
Sikret
Spellstrike spell always removes Spellshield without failure. Spellshield and SI:abj don't work together and none of the enemies who cast spellshield use SI:abj (they wouldn't work together anyway). So, just try Spellstrike instead of RRR and save RRR for enemies who use SI:abj.

We will check the description of comet.
SparrowJacek
I'm not sure whether it's vanilla or IA, but in the description inquisitor may not use lay on hands, and somehow my custom made one can do it. Not a major thing and I'm not sure whether I should post it here or not.

weidu

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #3 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
// Recently Uninstalled: ~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02
conqueror
I have tried following the basic installation:

1) TOB Patch
2) Baldurdash Fix 1.12
3) Ease of Use (recommended components only)
4) IA v6.0

...however, I am seeing a few strange bugs. Most pressing is that I cannot choose an Alignment for the Riskbreaker (or any other IA custom kit). There are literally no choices I can click on in the character creation screen.

I saw that it was recommended to NOT install the "Game Text Update" portion of Baldurdash. However, that doesn't seem to be an option for me. When I download Baldurdash, it's just an exe file that does everything at once and has no options for a custom or partial patching.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
critto
> Any suggestions? Thanks.
Windows Vista or 7? Where was the game installed?
conqueror
Sorry for not specifying. This is Windows 8.

The game is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
Sikret
Uninstall everything and do a fresh install in a custom folder (ex: D/Game/BG2). This solution has solved all similar problems with kit alignments in the past.
Some players have also recommended to avoid using the Disk's auto run for installing the game (the point is you can use the setup file manually so that you can run it as Admin).
conqueror
The separate folder worked perfectly. Thank you!

I did not use autorun, so it seems that the folder is definitely responsible here. What a strange thing.
bulian
Nearing the end of my recent run in V6. A few minor bugs to report. Maybe these are already fixed in 6.1

a) There are two types of chain lightning scrolls. Cromwell doesn't recognize one type when making the NS of Air. I believe I got the ones Cromwell didn't recognize from the rakasha in Suldanessalar (no save nearby to share). Also at one point I had two types of spellstrike and chain contingency scrolls but again have no recollection where these came from.

cool.gif Cernd loses his 4th level spells if he unequips (or dies and then reequips) the Circlet of Golden Flowers. I think this must apply to any divine casters. Would appreciate if the +WIS bonus was replaced with bonus 4th/5th level spell slots. May want to consider for the Silver Ioun stone but I don't really think that item gets too much use by clerics/druids or anyone for that matter.

c) Unbreachable hardiness on Lord Roenall and Supreme Leader. Krell mentioned a couple others though I can't confirm those.

d) Death spell on trolls doesn't fully kill them - possible to kill twice and get double XP (once with death spell, second time normal way)

e) IA specific potions and scrolls dont stack > 5. Notably barbarian essence, oil of resurgence, potion of clarity, and potion of acid resistance, and either hand of undoing or disrupt undead. Probably both scroll types. Would love for this to be fixed to help inventory management game.

f) Not enough gold to craft everything I want without looting every single body! Sort of kidding, but the inventory management/looting sub-game is definitely cumbersome. I would rather just move onto the next fight instead of looting 30 rune assassins each for their +2 short swords, +2 leather armor, 3 types of potions, and 2 types of gems. Would be nice if the bosses just dropped a large chunk of gold instead of all of these small 0.1-1.5k items that you have to loot, organize, and then sell. Happy to discuss this concept further if interested.

critto
Thank for the feedback!

a) There are two types of chain lightning scrolls. Cromwell doesn't recognize one type when making the NS of Air. I believe I got the ones Cromwell didn't recognize from the rakasha in Suldanessalar (no save nearby to share). Also at one point I had two types of spellstrike and chain contingency scrolls but again have no recollection where these came from.
Partially, already fixed in 6.2. We'll try to round up all such issues with duplicate scrolls, some work has already been done. I would appreciate similar reports from players. We've already recognized and found CL, RRoR, True Seeing, Spellstrike in our tests. Now CC is added to the list.

Cernd loses his 4th level spells if he unequips (or dies and then reequips) the Circlet of Golden Flowers. I think this must apply to any divine casters. Would appreciate if the +WIS bonus was replaced with bonus 4th/5th level spell slots. May want to consider for the Silver Ioun stone but I don't really think that item gets too much use by clerics/druids or anyone for that matter.

What do you mean by loses? He might lose extra spell slots given by the wis bonus, nothing else.

c) Unbreachable hardiness on Lord Roenall and Supreme Leader. Krell mentioned a couple others though I can't confirm those.
It's a design feature of Sikret.

d) Death spell on trolls doesn't fully kill them - possible to kill twice and get double XP (once with death spell, second time normal way)

This is something that might not be fixable by normal means. Trolls are weird in vanilla. In EE they are much more sensible. At certain point near death they get immune to normal damage and you receive a sound effect. Then you kill them just once with the elemental damage.

e) IA specific potions and scrolls dont stack > 5. Notably barbarian essence, oil of resurgence, potion of clarity, and potion of acid resistance, and either hand of undoing or disrupt undead. Probably both scroll types. Would love for this to be fixed to help inventory management game.
They definitely should. There might be a cap (like 5 per batch), but I'll check it out.

f) Not enough gold to craft everything I want without looting every single body! Sort of kidding, but the inventory management/looting sub-game is definitely cumbersome. I would rather just move onto the next fight instead of looting 30 rune assassins each for their +2 short swords, +2 leather armor, 3 types of potions, and 2 types of gems. Would be nice if the bosses just dropped a large chunk of gold instead of all of these small 0.1-1.5k items that you have to loot, organize, and then sell. Happy to discuss this concept further if interested.

This is part of the game and, to be honest, the Rune Assassins are the only such occurrence. The rest of the encounters is much more sensible. And personally i like the fact that you can't forge everything, who said that one should? smile.gif It adds re-playability and depth to the game. Thinking about your resources.
Krell
QUOTE(bulian @ Jun 26 2015, 01:20 AM) *
Nearing the end of my recent run in V6. A few minor bugs to report. Maybe these are already fixed in 6.1

There are also two types of Dispel Magic and Stoneskin scrolls.

cool.gif Cernd loses his 4th level spells if he unequips (or dies and then reequips) the Circlet of Golden Flowers. I think this must apply to any divine casters. Would appreciate if the +WIS bonus was replaced with bonus 4th/5th level spell slots. May want to consider for the Silver Ioun stone but I don't really think that item gets too much use by clerics/druids or anyone for that matter.

There is a similar bug while equipping/uneqipping Dak'Kon Zerth blade and Ring of Acuity. Sometimes 2nd, 3rd or even 4th level spell slots are all erased. Didn't find a pattern though. As for the Silver Ioun Stone, if you made a successful run of BG1 + TOTSC with a party containing a Ranger, you can boost the Ranger's wisdom to 21, which after dualling (in BG2) will give definitely nice spell bonuses. But yeah, unless you have a pure cleric protagonist, you cannot raise wisdom to 25 the normal way.

Not twice. As many times as you like. Just give them the time to regenerate, and kill them anew with Death spell. This is one of the endless early-game xp exploits.

Not to mention there are two types of Magic Shielding, Clarity, Barbarian Essence, Storm and Cloud giant str potions, Superior and Extra healing potions, and some other. They still could stack with one another though, but in containers they're still in different stacks. Protection from Level Drain scrolls also don't stack above 5.

There are several infinite gold exploits, but all are cumbersome, all require selling a lot of stuff to the right merchant. If you want your gold issues solved, then use Shadowkeeper or gem drinking.
bulian
What do you mean by loses? He might lose extra spell slots given by the wis bonus, nothing else.
His spell book for a certain level gets completely erased due to some interaction with wisdom changing. I'm not able to immediately reproduce this but have had it happen more than once. If/when I can replicate it again, I'll pay more attention and report back.

e) IA specific potions and scrolls dont stack > 5. Notably barbarian essence, oil of resurgence, potion of clarity, and potion of acid resistance, and either hand of undoing or disrupt undead. Probably both scroll types. Would love for this to be fixed to help inventory management game.They definitely should. There might be a cap (like 5 per batch), but I'll check it out.

Yes they stack to 5. By the end of the game I will have 50 oil of resurgence which I have to keep in a potion case because they dont stack > 5. Also potions of invulnerability dont stack > 5. So the request would be to increase the cap for these items.

This is part of the game and, to be honest, the Rune Assassins are the only such occurrence. The rest of the encounters is much more sensible. And personally i like the fact that you can't forge everything, who said that one should? smile.gif It adds re-playability and depth to the game. Thinking about your resources.

Yes I agree with you on the strategic allocation of gold being a key element to the game, and its a part I certainly enjoy! I'm really just saying that the inventory management isn't "fun," but admittedly this isn't a bug. There are many more fights than just rune assassins where the looting can seem a bit tedious. Orcus/Conster/Fiirkraag/Horde/Yaga Shura/Sendai's lair (especially Sendai's lair)/Oasis/Saradush sewers/Roenall battle to name a few. Just imagine a game where you didn't spend 5 minutes after each battle sorting your inventory - it would feel quite different/more fun, don't you think? Charname and company pick up a pile of gold, left over consumables, a couple of unique items and moves on. But there is nothing wrong with the current loot system.
critto
I will check out all the issues with double scrolls and potions.

The loot system won't be changed, it's too cumbersome (recalculate the prices, make items undroppable, etc.) and removes a dimension from the game.

As for the trolls, this might be the part of their vanilla mechanic and therefore can't be fixed. I'll investigate it when the time permits.

The issue with spell book slots might be an engine bug. The items are implemented by a specific opcode that grants extra spell slots of specific type and level while the item is equipped. The rest is handled by the game engine and can't be affected in a way that doesn't include hacking the executable. The only thing I might advise is saving before removing these items from a character.
bulian
A few ToB bugs:

1) Draconis has CC:3xADHW in both human and dragon form,

2) The Captain in the 1:1 fight in Sendai's lair seems to completely ignore summons

3) Spawning of monks/mercenaries in Amkethran is somewhat buggy. Monks tend to spawn when walking up to the gate multiple times if the PP is visited between approaching the gate.

4) Balthazar is vanilla
SparrowJacek
1. It is normal, probably his father is the same. He also has human prebuffs and dragon prebuffs. It makes this fight(usually easy, at this stage most fights aren't that demanding on core(just my oppinion)) a bit harder which is good!
EDIT:
SPOILER!
Abazigal doesn't have 3ADHW, anyway they both have sequencers and such in human and dragon form

2. There are some enemies that do so. In a duel you want to defeat your enemy as fast as possible, so his behavior isn't anything strange. Don't you usually ignore summons when fighting enemies? If he doesn't kill you fast then he and all his subordinates will die, that's a lot of pressure!

3. Mercanaries are infinite, ssomething should be done there

4. Making monk a challenging opponent such late game could be really hard even with improved monk kit. Maybe some newer versions of IA will improve this fight(I'm really looking forward to it, I love monks, and from 6.0 he is an integral part of my team)
critto
@ bulian:

I don't have any saves on hand to test 1) and 2) in vanilla. Are you sure that these are bugs? Due to specifics of scripting I seriously doubt that Draconis has gotten those 3xADHW all of a sudden in EE. The second is possible, but needs to be tested to be sure. I'll make a note of it to check out.

The 3) needs a save game too, if you have one for testing, it would be appreciated.

Balthazar always was vanilla, AFAIR. I'll add him to a possible list of improved encounters.
bulian
@ Sparrowjacek

Thanks for confirming and pointing out the sequencers as well. For the duel I was trying to clear Sendai's lair without resting so ended up using a lot of PFMW scrolls and summons since the PC didn't have a lot of resources available. This isn't the right thread to talk about the difficulty (or lack of) of late game dragons but they are certainly not as challenging as they could be, particularly with a necromancer PC.

@ critto

I can provide a save for the monks quite readily for 3) and a couple saves from Sendai's lair for 1) and 2). Turns out I didn't make a save of the start of Abaigal's lair, so it will take me a few days to replay Sendai's lair if you'd prefer to have drop-in and test saves. Please PM me the best way to get you the files.
antizyclon
Unequiping and equiping (multiple times) pale green ioun stone heals to full health. This bug was in previus version and remember that Sikret fixed it. Most probablybeacouse of change that happen.
critto
Thanks for the report, fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.