Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contest: "Guess the scene!"
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modding Contests
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Sir_Carnifex
You were?
dzidek1983
how could i not receive bonus points for my beautiful esei about the quests and weapons? smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(dzidek1983 @ Aug 28 2008, 01:00 AM) *
how could i not receive bonus points for my beautiful esei about the quests and weapons? smile.gif

Because when I suggest bonus points, Baronius says "No." When he suggested bonus points another time, I said "No." So you can see how that works. smile.gif
dzidek1983
ok i understand (thinks: damn it i will have to bribe both of them) smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
Exactly. The reason we have two judges is so you have to pay double if you want to bribe us.
Sir_Carnifex
The drawing and questions for week seven are now now up. Have fun everyone!

Dzidek, we will talk about your bribe later...
dzidek1983
Nice chicken... very nice... and those skeletons... a masterpiece smile.gif
Sir_Carnifex
Thanks!

I'd like to add some more comments to this, but it might be best not to until after this week is done.

Oh, and that response was quick! I saw you waiting around here like a hawk as I was updating the picture thread. smile.gif
dzidek1983
sparrow.. i'm a sparrow not a hawk...
Sir_Carnifex
Aye, then. A sparrow it is, my Raven!

[attachment=3273:Sparrow01.png]
dzidek1983
hmmm if i win i want an avatar made of this picture tongue.gif
Jarno Mikkola
I would also like to have this: as my avatar, if I win, in what ever size it fits, though would you might give it to me either way? laugh.gif
Sir_Carnifex
The problem is neither of those would fit the BWL style (e.g., the BG portrait style) of avatars. You two would look out of place in here. tongue.gif
Baronius
And before anyone would think about bribe: forget it.

hmmm if i win i want an avatar made of this picture tongue.gif

The forum is supposed to have heroes, not chickens...

Disclaimer: heroes polymorphed into chickens are locked out too. This is a civilized place, please don't use polymorph and summoning spells (we offer no storage for summoned creatures during your presence even for a price), also please don't experiment with spells that produce any heat and put away flaming swords (the forum is classified to the highest fire hazard category). Thank you!
Sir_Carnifex
That's not a chicken! laugh.gif
Baronius
Whoooops! The forum paging angry.gif I have only checked the previous page once, many hours ago, while I opened this page more times -- always just seeing dzidek's post on the top and Jarno's giant imp smiling into my face.
Sir_Carnifex
Alright, just for fun, let's ask some questions related to the drawing itself, and not the scene specifically. Since I use soft-lead colored pencils for these, color-blending is fairly easy to do (so long as I don't get carried away). So, I'm going to ask a couple questions about that...

1. Who can tell me how many colors went into doing the entire sky portion?

Okay, it's a cruel question, but think of it as the jellybeans-in-the-jar type question. The only problem is I can't offer any sort of cash prizes.

And a slightly easier one along the same line...

2. How many colors were used on the chicken?

Have fun. Maybe this'll keep you busy if you've already sent your answers in. smile.gif

dzidek1983
7 on the sky
5 on the chicken
Sir_Carnifex
You got the chicken part correct. smile.gif
dzidek1983
6 on the sky
Jarno Mikkola
I would say four colors for the sky...
Sir_Carnifex
Should I go ahead an tell the answer? None of you are close. smile.gif
dzidek1983
so it's 9 on the sky
Sir_Carnifex
Closer, but not quite. The grand total number of colors used in the sky is eleven.

And while I'm posting, here's a reminder:

The deadline for week 7 fast approaches. If you haven't entered, hurry up and send in your answers!

lroumen
I almost forgot since I've started a new job this week and it's been taking all of my attention
dzidek1983
10th september? it's sooooooooooooooooo long
Sir_Carnifex
I guess he likes the suspense. Then again, he may just be giving me time to draw the next picture -- which, by the way, I haven't gotten around to doing. blink.gif
Silvershield
Hey Guys! I know I'm starting this a little late (hehe 7 weeks in) but I thought I'd take a crack at it!

Pretty annoyed that I'm starting so late too because most of them were easy! EXCEPT week 4.. I still have no idea what the hell that was sad.gif

Can't wait for next week smile.gif
lroumen
the answers are in the results pdf. It was spellhold... the first picture where I actually got the correct answers, lol
Baronius
Aaargh! I thought it's 10th today, and it's just 9th. Accidently posted the results. angry.gif

Sir Carnifex will probably post a total score summary again.

Silvershield: Welcome to the Guess the Scene contest, and have fun!
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 8 2008, 07:25 PM) *
Aaargh! I thought it's 10th today, and it's just 9th. Accidently posted the results. angry.gif

I was wondering why you posted it. tongue.gif

Sir Carnifex will probably post a total score summary again.

I'll do that tonight (if I remember biggrin.gif).
Sir_Carnifex
Here are the total scores for seven weeks:

Official scores:

Raven: 34.4
dzidek1983: 33.9
lroumen: 30
Jarno Mikkola: 26.4
HERD: 17.3
Moongaze: 11.5
Groundkill: 6
Decados: 5
TheAlmightyBob: 4.4
Klorox: 4
Silverstar: 4
Sir-Kill: 4
Morbidest: 1.5

External entries/total scores with late entries:

Silvershield (23.6)
HERD (21.7)
DCD (4.4)
dzidek1983
wow i didn't remember you can sell him? is there a dialog option for this?
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(dzidek1983 @ Sep 9 2008, 01:23 AM) *
wow i didn't remember you can sell him? is there a dialog option for this?

There's no dialogue option for it. I took him to Feldepost's Inn to sell him (50 gold, I think!). I don't know if the other places will buy him or not, but the inn has a need for fresh chicken meat, I'm sure.
dzidek1983
You sick bastard! tongue.gif (just kiddin)

i never tried it, so i could not know

Raven
Darn, my 6/6 streak is ended bigcry.gif.
lroumen
Bleh... I misunderstood the question again. I thought in dialogue options and now I didn't get a chance to catch up.

Officer Vai buys every misc item for double price afaik. That would've been 100 gold then!
Baronius
I see that the indignation due to the possible ambiguity of Question 1 is smaller than we expected biggrin.gif (just kidding)

You sick bastard! tongue.gif (just kiddin)

You can spare Sir Carnifex in this case, because the idea of selling Melicamp originates from me (many years ago). tongue.gif On the other hand, he had other rude ideas: originally I planned a multi-select list for Q1 ("Select the true options"), but he suggested the "list as many as you can" form. biggrin.gif
Sir_Carnifex
I'm still working on the new drawing... but it may be a few days. I like to have a time period of a few hours in which I won't be disturbed, and that hasn't happened lately. So be patient and I'll get it out when I can!!
TheAlmightyBob
man i must have played this game at least, 5 times and NEVER, HAVE I EVER thought of SELLING Melicamp. that is just evil. didnt even cross my mind. need to get my sadistic brain refitted, i think its broken!!
ohh well
4.4 is good!
Sir_Carnifex
Baronius is the only person I have heard mention selling Melicamp. I only did it to see if he was right. wink.gif
Baronius
I only did it to see if he was right. wink.gif

Of course...

Don't say that you didn't enjoy it biggrin.gif

(Actually, it was long ago I did that with Melicamp so I asked Carnifex to make sure there is "still" demand for such poultry in BG. smile.gif)
Sir_Carnifex
He tasted just like chicken...
dzidek1983
Where's the next picture? schimpfer.gif
HERD
That is why I was so late for the week 7 contest, pic wasn't there "on time".
Blame Canada! smile.gif
(Sushi can't rush - Only one sushi-man!)
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(HERD @ Sep 12 2008, 08:54 AM) *
That is why I was so late for the week 7 contest, pic wasn't there "on time".
Blame Canada! smile.gif
(Sushi can't rush - Only one sushi-man!)

The last drawing was right on time. It's the upcoming one that's late. So no excuses for you. tongue.gif

By the way, this one is late because I'm undergoing a serious condition of "Artist's Block". laugh.gif
lroumen
Maybe you can draw half the picture and ask us to draw the rest ourselves and come up with our own questions and answers wink.gif
dzidek1983
seriously... i need the next picture
Sir_Carnifex
QUOTE(dzidek1983 @ Sep 14 2008, 04:57 AM) *
seriously... i need the next picture

Is it a life or death situation? smile.gif

I'm sure I'll have it up this week, so be patient!
dzidek1983
this week ?!?!?!? my God... (faint) bigcry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.