Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A July- December marathon
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2
Sikret
I will start working on IA v6 in July 2008 (I'm too busy till then to add any new major content to the mod, though if we happen to find any glitches or bugs in the current version of the mod, I will be here to fix and release new versions; but working on the nex big new version will be postponed to July) and will probably release it before the end of next year.

thetruth has given very good suggestions to me and we have good plans for IA v6. Other players' feedbacks about the content of the mod will also help me to enhance the mod further. For now the general outline of the new plans for IA v5 is as follows:

1- Adding a very big (huge) quest to the game which will probably contain a number of big quests inside itself.

2- Extended Twisted Rune (new big quest)

3- Expanded Fighter Stronghold

4- Improved TOB Final battle at throne of Bhaal

5- Expanded Druid Stronghold.

I will write more (and will add many more new features) as soon as we start working on it and I will pin this topic at that time. For now, I just wanted to say that we have our plans and new ideas for future and that you (everyone) should not hesitate to send me your suggestions for new quests/features to be added to the next version of the mod. This mod belongs to all who love it. (Of course, to be able to give good suggestions, you will probably need to play the current version of the mod completely for a couple of times with different classes and protagonists to see all of the existent features of the mod.)

Cheers
Shaitan
What about doing something to Irenicus' Dungeon? IE changing the plane where you get the sword of chaos (Sarevoks twohanded)? Still the Mephrits are annoying...
Roy
Hi

How about a quest to find out about all the golems?You can put a mage
or a group that makes them with a fight with lots of golems,new kinds
of prototype golem for boss and you get a part for a anti golem weapon
you make at cromwell.

Edit:Also a quest with the guarded compund in the temple district.
It's a bit weird you find a high level party and no reason for it.
Maybe as a hint from the slaver ship.

Edit2:And some quest for a monk with additional items that will make
him really useful,perheps a new stronghold

Roy
coaster
Well done on an excellent mod Sikret.

I'd suggest an improved Bodhi element (surprised it is not already present smile.gif )

I also think the Circus could do with a bit of additional difficulty. Not a huge increase as it is a helpful "starting quest", but it's a pushover at present. Perhaps a few more illusions, with more uncertainty over whether each enemy is "real" or not - plus some more (or different) riddles at the start?

Can something be done with Lillacor (which is too easy to obtain in vanilla BG2). Perhaps an improved quest involving that weird area in the sewers under the Copper Coronet - the one with the Myconids (an improved Myconid King, with greater powers to confuse/mislead, might be good to place here?)

How about something about defeating the Black Lotus drug smuggling trade? Perhaps it could tie in with the slaver/Copper Coronet quests? Or you might be offered a quest to combat the trade from Inspector Bregg (he & the other NPCs in the council building are a bit underused, and it would be nice to see some more lawful - as opposed to good - orientated quests). [the whole Lawful versus Chaotic axis is largely ignored in the BG games but that is a much bigger issue!]

Cheers

coaster
leonidas
I have many many suggestions, but top of the list is the drow city. It always seemed ridiculous to me, that series of quests revolves around the fact you can't just go in and massacre an entire drow city, and yet if the demon lord reveals your identity at the end, that is exactly what you have to do. Only taking on the drow city seems to consist of slaughtering a few peasants, and that is that.

At the very least, I'd say a tough drow war party dimension-dooring in before you leave is warranted. I mean you did just kill their matron mother.
thetruth

@Sikret

I think that you should pin up this thread wink.gif
Many good suggestions already and I believe that more will come.

I think that it would be better for all those who have ideas and suggestions about the next version of IA, to play through IA4 first.
This way they can have a better view of IA and can make suggestions that fit with the mod.
Especially if they have some ideas for a new and original quest.
Sikret
Welcome to BWL, coaster and Roy! (and many thanks for your suggestions and interest in the mod)

Also, thanks everyone else for your suggestions. Keep sending them.

QUOTE(thetruth @ Apr 17 2007, 03:43 AM) *

@Sikret

I think that you should pin up this thread wink.gif

It's done.

Shaitan
Hi again!

Can traps be altered? If so, can they be changed such as making them more difficault or adding new or altering their position. Just a thought
thetruth

This is a good suggestion.

I had asked Sikret about it but I am not sure if it's doable.

Some disarmable Spike,Exploding or even Timetraps (if possible) in various places would add something new to the game and Thieves would regain some of their lost "power" in IA.
Shaitan
Yeah or it could be that enemies would be warned ie giving more and better prepared oponents?
Raven
Hi!

I haven't played very much of this great mod yet but I have a couple of small suggestions/ideas:

Improved Crypt King (he is too easy for 15k xp and Namarra is too good a sword to get that easily)

I also think the first level of Watcher's Keep could be made more challenging as there is some great treasure just lying around (I was surprised to see the golem there was still just a stone golem tongue.gif).

Keep up the good work!

Sikret

I also think the first level of Watcher's Keep could be made more challenging as there is some great treasure just lying around

Good suggestion, but I have already added something there:

SPOILER

Go to the first level of WK with the black spider figurine in your inventory to see an interesting new encounter.

End of spoiler

Shaitan
QUOTE(Raven @ Apr 21 2007, 03:06 PM) *

Hi!

I haven't played very much of this great mod yet but I have a couple of small suggestions/ideas:

Improved Crypt King (he is too easy for 15k xp and Namarra is too good a sword to get that easily)

I also think the first level of Watcher's Keep could be made more challenging as there is some great treasure just lying around (I was surprised to see the golem there was still just a stone golem tongue.gif).

Keep up the good work!

I actually like that there's a opportunity to get some easier XP in the game.

On the other hand I think it's a bit cheasy, that you can kill of some of the animals before the Beastmasterfight without any stir. I mean slaughtering a bear, some diseased gibberlings and a panter should cause some noise... And I would like ie the minotaur to come the Beastmaster to help.

Regards

BTW I would also propose that ie a quest would be added to the Myocinid (spelling?) King in the sewers. He's alone and not crucial so I guess all sort of things can be done with him smile.gif
thetruth

@Sikret

What about the traps we discussed before? Is it doable to set new and special (Exploding, Timetraps) in the game?
leonidas
How do you feel about fixing bugs with the original game, sikret?

I'd like to see the enchanced bard song actually give the damage bonus it mentions in it's description.
Sikret
QUOTE(thetruth @ Apr 22 2007, 03:48 PM) *

@Sikret

What about the traps we discussed before? Is it doable to set new and special (Exploding, Timetraps) in the game?

Changing the effects of the existent traps and setting new traps are both doable, though the latter is a bit more time-consuming. We will do it in IA v5.

Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ Apr 22 2007, 04:02 PM) *
How do you feel about fixing bugs with the original game, sikret?

I feel great while doing so biggrin.gif and I have already done a good deal of bugfixing in IA. Do not hesitate to send the list of bugs of the original game which are not fixed yet. But before doing that make sure that you have already installed Baldurdash TOB Fixpack v1.12 (no other fixpack) as well as IA.
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 22 2007, 02:38 PM) *

I feel great while doing so biggrin.gif and I have already done a good deal of bugfixing in IA. Do not hesitate to send the list of bugs of the original game which are not fixed yet. But before doing that make sure that you have already installed Baldurdash TOB Fixpack v1.12 (no other fixpack) as well as IA.

Yeah, i pretty much follow the mod's recommendations to the letter, so kevin dorner's fixpack is always installed.

As for bugs, I don't have a huge list, but there are some really irritating ones that baldurdash doesn't cover, that it would be most awesome if you could fix.

Anyway, I'll PM you about it.
Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ Apr 24 2007, 01:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 22 2007, 02:38 PM) *

Yeah, i pretty much follow the mod's recommendations to the letter, so kevin dorner's fixpack is always installed.

As for bugs, I don't have a huge list, but there are some really irritating ones that baldurdash doesn't cover, that it would be most awesome if you could fix.

Anyway, I'll PM you about it.

That's great! Send that PM as soon as possible.

thetruth has also recently sent me a list of unfixed bugs of the original game. I'm working on it now. I guess I will release a new version of the mod (V4.2) soon. (Needless to add that players won't need to start a new game after updating the mod.)

Roy
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 15 2007, 02:02 PM) *

Will this be different than ascention mod and how?I like the ascention
features of the ravager,recruiting balthazar or bodhi and the additional
powers.Maybe adding new stuff to it will be great.

Sikret
QUOTE(Roy @ Apr 29 2007, 01:51 AM) *
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 15 2007, 02:02 PM) *

Will this be different than ascention mod and how?

It will be definitely different from Ascension, but we have not decided the details yet.

I like the ascention features of the ravager,recruiting balthazar or bodhi and the additional powers.Maybe adding new stuff to it will be great.

We won't add things to Ascension. We will create completely new content. Once this feature is implemented, IA will be totally incompatible with Ascension (even with its core component). One of the difficult problems we need to solve and decide about is whether the final battle with Melissan should be more difficult than the "Epic Divine Encounter" or not. There are justifications for making it more difficult than EDE but on the other hand, making a battle more difficult than EDE is a very delicate thing to do. Once thetruth said that EDE is almost the maximum level of possible difficulty in the game. Making a battle more difficult than EDE requires much thought and many turns of testing to make sure that while it's more difficult than EDE, it's not an absolutely impossible battle.

We also intend to add a good deal of role playing content to the final battle. I don't know yet, but we may even change the end of EDE and relate it to the final battle somehow. The dialogues in EDE are currently very related to Melissan even in IA v4 (& v4.1); so, it's not difficult to extend EDE a bit more.

When I start my work on V5 in July, my first priority will be the Expanded Fighter Stronghold (You have found the Stained Letter with Glaicas, didn't you?) and then I will work on the Extended Twisted Rune. Then we will have more time to discuss the final battle. By that time, you have also played the EDE and will probably have some better ideas to help us with your suggestions.

EDIT: Just for clarification, the final battle with Melissan will surely have a different style from EDE. By comparing their difficulty I didn't mean to imply that the final battle will have the same style and layout with just additional difficulty factors. I was talking about the troubles a party may have in order to win each of them.
luan
Finally was able to register on these forums (didn't figure to look for my validation email hidden in my spam folder for gmail)

Regardless. I find it fascinating how such a game has aged so gracefully and remain so strongly supported almost solely by a hardcore, die-hard fan base. I've been following Improved Anvil the past few months but have yet to try it out due to current time constraints. However, I did immensely enjoy playing through an entire Tactics/Ascension game on Insane. I loved it so much that afterwards I started inflating NPC stats and adding abilities/spells/protections to make key battles more daunting! But to hear that Improved Anvil can provide an even more challenging tactical experience (with legal NPCs) via intelligent scripting and game/item rebalancing, I'm stoked!

It's easy to make something impossible, but it takes an artist to make it *seem* impossible. It just makes victory that much sweeter.
(I know Tactics Irenicus was complete cheese, but man did I dance around my living room at 5am when that @&#*$ stopped moving!)

So what's the point of this rambling? Well, I realize that a mod like Improved Anvil is very niche and not for everyone. But for those hardcore players out there who love merciless challenges. I'd like to voice my appreciation for Sikret, thetruth, and all others who contribute to making these awesome mods.

I can't wait to play! And I wish Sikret and the testers the best of luck on making the final battle with Melissan something for us to whine about, cry about, celebrate, then brag to our friends as they look at us funny.

Edit: Also like Roy stated, what is V5 planning to do with the extra Bhaal powers? I felt those really contributed to the entire "rise to power" theme as well as fleshing out the main character. In some cases (like timing focus with Mel's time-stop) it added extra dimensions to the tactical possibilities of the final battle. Extra abilities would have to be balanced and could be counter to keeping everything "legal". But, I guess godlike beings don't necessarily have to follow the rules. It's ambitious, but a mod like IA is ambitious by definition.
Sikret
Welcome to BWL, luan! And thanks for your very kind post.

QUOTE(luan @ May 3 2007, 11:08 AM) *

It's easy to make something impossible, but it takes an artist to make it *seem* impossible.

This is exactly how leonidas described the difficult battles of Improved Anvil. I'm glad that we (thetruth, all other testers and I) have been successful to satisfy this expectation and criterion.

I'd like to voice my appreciation for Sikret, thetruth, and all others who contribute to making these awesome mods.

Thanks again! As a mod-maker, I have been very lucky to have a first class BG2 tactician and player such as thetruth at my side.
I can't wait to play! And I wish Sikret and the testers the best of luck on making the final battle with Melissan something for us to whine about, cry about, celebrate, then brag to our friends as they look at us funny.

Improved final battle with Melissan will be implemented in v5. Do you mean that you won't play the mod till that time? biggrin.gif wink.gif
But, I guess godlike beings don't necessarily have to follow the rules.

Or perhaps they have different type of rules. wink.gif Ask those who have played EDE (Epic Divine Encounter).

It's ambitious, but a mod like IA is ambitious by definition.

Indeed! It's a long term project to revolutionize BG2 and we are about midway now.

Cheers

Sikret

thetruth
Welcome to the BWL forums luan smile.gif

QUOTE(luan @ May 3 2007, 08:38 AM) *

I did immensely enjoy playing through an entire Tactics/Ascension game on Insane.

Then I am sure that you will enjoy much IA wink.gif .

I'd like to voice my appreciation for Sikret, thetruth, and all others who contribute to making these awesome mods.

Thanks, but it's only Sikret the one that we have to thank for making this mod.
Also don't forget that Sikret fortunately is always open to suggestions (from a new quest to an improved battle), so if you have any don't hesitate to post them wink.gif .

Edit: Also like Roy stated, what is V5 planning to do with the extra Bhaal powers? I felt those really contributed to the entire "rise to power" theme as well as fleshing out the main character.

Yes I think that new Bhaalspawn powers would be a nice addition.

Maybe it would be nice if the player started gaining some of them from the beginning of the SoA part. Like in BG1, 1 new power/chapter until the first confrontation with Irenicus where the PC loses them. And then regaining them after Irenicus is dead.
And of course then in ToB the PC could gain again more powers everytime he/she kills one of the Five.
(What do you think Sikret? rolleyes.gif )
luan
Improved final battle with Melissan will be implemented in v5. Do you mean that you won't play the mod till that time?

That was the original plan since last year I played through the entire saga from level 1 to 38. But... I'm not so sure I can hold out since IA just sounds so meaty!

Perhaps I'll try a very unique character to roleplay, not to see if I can make it to the end, but rather to see it's fate through. If everyone succeeded, there would be no heroes! The bad guys have to win sometimes!

Indeed! It's a long term project to revolutionize BG2 and we are about midway now.

Cheers

Sikret

smile.gif

Thanks, but it's only Sikret the one that we have to thank for making this mod.
Also don't forget that Sikret fortunately is always open to suggestions (from a new quest to an improved battle), so if you have any don't hesitate to post them.

Will do!

Yes I think that new Bhaalspawn powers would be a nice addition.

Maybe it would be nice if the player started gaining some of them from the beginning of the SoA part. Like in BG1, 1 new power/chapter until the first confrontation with Irenicus where the PC loses them. And then regaining them after Irenicus is dead.
And of course then in ToB the PC could gain again more powers everytime he/she kills one of the Five.
(What do you think Sikret?)

This sounds like a great idea!

Edit: Small random question. Does IA utilize scaling AI for different difficulty settings?
Sikret
QUOTE(luan @ May 4 2007, 03:33 AM) *

Perhaps I'll try a very unique character to roleplay, not to see if I can make it to the end, but rather to see it's fate through. If everyone succeeded, there would be no heroes! The bad guys have to win sometimes!

I like this perspective and viewpoint: "The bad guys have to win sometimes!". It's realism. But, do you mean that you intend to play a no-reloads game with IA installed? thetruth can say (better than I could) how such a challenge can be difficult. I think it is worth the attempt but not in your first IA game. Perhaps, you need some general knowledge about the game's difficulty and then start a no-reload challenge.
Edit: Small random question. Does IA utilize scaling AI for different difficulty settings?

In IA v3, there were a few battles in which the combat scripts were different in different diffuclty settings of the game; but later I omitted most of them in IA v4 and newer versions and kept the most difficult scripts for all difficulty settings. Now, only Lavok has that kind of script. If you meet him with the easiest difficulty setting or with a low level party, he will be a bit easier to defeat. I used this for Lavok, because a low level party or a less skilled player might constantly fail against him and be stucked there.
luan
But, do you mean that you intend to play a no-reloads game with IA installed? thetruth can say (better than I could) how such a challenge can be difficult.

Oh no no! I meant it more along the lines of taking a character with the first stat roll the computer gave me, or with a character that is not created with the "ideal stats" for powergaming. A no reload challenge for my first go with IA would probably be quite a short affair!

I believe it's not all about winning nor the endpoint, but rather the journey and process which is most important. The uncertainty of if the protagonist can actually win makes the atmosphere much more exciting, creating a unique experience and story. So when you finally succeed (if you do) in a daunting encounter, there really is a sense of accomplishment. It's dynamic, and as you said, it's realistic. So even if the character doesn't make it to the end, it already had it's own unique journey with a unique ending laugh.gif

In IA v3, there were a few battles in which the combat scripts were different in different diffuclty settings of the game; but later I omitted most of them in IA v4 and newer versions and kept the most difficult scripts for all difficulty settings.

Ah, I see. That's good because in Ascension or tactics, I always wanted to play against the most difficult scripts. However, this meant having all enemies dealing double damage on Insane which I felt odd. Double damage was fine with boss or epic monsters, but it just felt odd when random smugglers would critical you for 50 damage. Well, I'm glad that I can experience everything on core with IA! Cheers!
Demivrgvs
The-Bigg made a tweak tha can set difficulty on insane without doubling the damage dealt by enemies...
Clown
Just completed the SOA portion of the game with my fighter/mage protagonist, not far of with my ranger. Thought the modded fights were a great challenge and the new quests with one notable exception(see below) were really cool.

Anyhow, posting here because it seems to be the place to post requests and suggestions, I have a few, so here goes:

Would love to see an improved Bohdi, she always seemed a bit weak to me and especially in a mod like this she ends up being horribly anti-climactic, a truly terrifying Bohdi fight would be cool.

An end of chapter fight in the underdark would be nice, perhaps have the demon lord attack you for the eggs and gate in some friends or as has already been suggested gating in a powerful drow war party to prevent your escape.

I dont know if this is a good idea or not but from my personal experience watchers keep could do with being a bit tougher. Decided to do this at the end of SOA and rolled through it, well until I hit a big scaly brick wall on the seal level. That fight was truly awesome.

I have only one other suggestion and please don't take this the wrong way but would it be possible to do something about the second new windspear quest, just not up there with the quality of the rest of the new material.

Well done on a great mod and I can't wait to see the new one, hope my suggestions are constructive.
thetruth

I am sure that in the 5th version of the mod Sikret will do something about Bodhi and vampires in general (and other races too like Beholders, Mind Flayers etc.).

QUOTE(Clown @ May 10 2007, 09:24 AM) *

An end of chapter fight in the underdark would be nice, perhaps have the demon lord attack you for the eggs and gate in some friends or as has already been suggested gating in a powerful drow war party to prevent your escape.

Yes I like this.
Even if you caught them by surprise it is too easy escape Ust Natha as it is now. A large scale battle with many (improved) Drows would be a nice addition.
Roy
I thought about the game for a couple days on the way to work and that Sikret
wants to chage the entire final battle.Anyway I think a lot can be added
to the TOB beccause the plot is basicly linear hack and slash.

The protagonist goes to a few talking statues,hears a prophecy,and than
thrown to a battle after battle after battle.

Being a candidate to the god of murder job it seems ok

What always buged me is that he meets amelysan,hears the prophecy
and not for a second realizes what happens until it is spoon fed
to him by the deva who brings Mellisan for a chat.

Can't a smart/intelligent enough protagonist be able to notice what
is going on from the beginning and actually do something instead of
waiting for Mellisan to end her plans?

Maybe even save Saradush.And all the five,maybe like Balthazar in ascention
to get recruited,threatend,geased,make a deal with,or whatever.

Illesera:Basily she is the weakest of the five and pretty neutral evil
from what I understand.She could be paid enough or at least stay on the
side and play dead until the dust clears.Can't she be interrogated
at the very least before she is cut to pieces or blown away or
whatever?

Gromnir:An insane bhall spawn fortifying in saradush hiding from Yaga
Shura.And he is orc.And could be made pissed of enough to come fight
as an ally aginst Yaga Shura.

Yaga Shura:You go and get his heart.Can't you do something creative with
him like geas him?Maybe you have to make him vulnurble,weaken him enough
and than geas him.Like what Irenicus did to Yoshimo but on the enemy?

Sendai:She is a drow and after killing her entire army I guess maybe
she will think a little about doing a deal with the protagonist aginst
the others.

The dragon(forgot the name):He is a dragon.He might be arrogant
enough to try use a player charecter.

Balthazar:I liked in ascention that a good and charismatic enough protagonist
could get him to help and I liked his epiloge in the end and I think it
should stay.

With all of that you could add an alternative ending like a stalmate
or making the final battle one big mayhem where everyone are trying
to kill everyone else.

Mellisan will be weaker on those circumstances with a lot less
bhall esence to steal and maybe making it in an entirely different location.

Balthazar got an entire army,monks,mage and stuff.Can't he get a few
clerics,summon devas and make a big battle?

One thing that I thought missing is the dreams.There was a lot in SOA
with Irenicus and Imoen and Bhaal saying I am the essence and stuff.
I was never sure if that's irenicus there or the essence talking.

Few dream sequences will add a lot with bhaal or the raveger as a
contrast to Deva guiding him.

Maybe they will open up a new Bhaal powers and add to the character
development.

I thought about adding big quests that will add more plot basicly.
With the dreams the slayer could be made stronger to actually be
a viable tactical option to TOB with the risk of becoming to much
until in the end Bhaal will return adding a different ending.

Maybe a big Legacy of Bhaal quest dealing with the entire god of murder
thing and his effects on the realms.Now Bhaal after making all those
bhaalspawn didn't think his trusted cleric betray him and have a
contigency?

Another thing with the protagoist and considering the entire
oasis encouter,based of this he should be a little more of a famous
figure?

And with Caspenar and the Deva he could forge an artifact in the pocket plane.

With all this stuff you could put alignment changes depending on
choices made during the game leading to different powers.

Roy
Could you add a rod of reversel,one that casts ruby ray of reversel to
buy or get from an enemy in the beginning of the game.It will be really
helpful since all the mages have SI:Abjuration spell shield and protection
from everything.

Anyway,my little brother thinks that mages are boring since they all
do the same thing.

Edit:Improved spells for more balance.Summon undead will bring skeleton lords,
gated from a certein level for example and more things along that line.

Edit2:A sort of a danger room will be really cool.Some place where you can
enter talk to a mage that will summon monsters you choose and you can fight
to test new tactics and ideas or just when you just want a short game but
don't want to play the standart game.

Edit3:The fights in the in with the minions and the mages could be improved
by adding new monsters and a prize in the end to give motivation to do it.
jebu
Mace of Disruption seems too easy to get and upgrade. I think the room with the pool of blood should have more challenge, so acquiring the mace in the first place becomes harder. Upgrading the mace could also be postponed. How about requiring an additional component that can be found in Sahuagin city (Spectator-guarded chest / King's treasury) or Underdark (demon in svirfneblin village)? The party would be able to upgrade MoD just in time for another visit to Bodhi's lair in chapter six.
jebu
I know the silver dragon eggs are used for the upgraded human flesh armour, but I've always been disappointed that there's no option for evil parties to sacrifice the real eggs to the summoned demon, after betraying Matron Mother and Phaere by giving them fake eggs. Not sure what the benefits should be, as there are already several ways of gaining attributes / resistances. Maybe grant +5 hit points and some experience to any party members who have evil or chaotic neutral alignment, and lower the party's reputation. NPC's like Keldorn, Jaheira, Aerie etc, would naturally object, and if the protagonist won't change his mind, they'd leave the party.
Arkain
1. You need the blood, not the eggs.
2. You can sacrifice the eggs if you are evil.
jebu
Human Flesh armor
Silver dragon's eggs
Powdered Body of Dracolich
Five potions of Defense
Five potions of Regeneration
Permanency Scroll
40,000 Gold

-> Improved Human Flesh

Armor Class: 0
Saving Throws: +4 bonus
Magic Resistance: +20% bonus
Immunity to Unconsciousness
Regeneration: 2hp per round
I know you can let the eggs be sacrificed, I just can't recall an option to sacrifice them yourself after the demon kills Matron Mother and Phaere for offering fake eggs. I have a good aligned party now, so I may just be wrong, it's been a while since I was at that point with evil characters.

[Edit]: Ok, found an answer by googling and I was wrong.

In the Drow City, if you give the Demon lord the real eggs after Phaere and Ardulace are gone you can ask him for a tithe in return. Asking him for a powerful magical item yields the Halberd +4: Blackmist, and asking him for safe exit from the Underdark will get you just that. Ask him for anything else however, and he attacks you.
Raven
@ Arkain

In fact jebu is right that you need the Eggs for the IA upgraded version of the armour. Of course you also need the blood to make the vanilla version beforehand too.
Arkain
I knew I forgot something... *whistle*
Ryel ril Ers
Possible new contents:

1) Improved cowled enforcers: the cowled wizards send his stronger and stronger members each time you cast a spell after the final fight they add you a licence (you are too strong smile.gif)

2) New quest - The nether scroll: if you kill the lich and take the nether scroll to the cowled ones, they give you a reward (xp and some magical items from their treasury) and you have an option to use the nether scroll for a new magical item (the wizards will be angry). This two choose make Edwin enemy.

3) Improved vampires: in the current version they are joke. It is possible to they get new levels and their leaders get HLA-s.

4) Avangers: it is possible that some enemys have siblings, and after you defeat they, their siblings ambush you for avange. I think the fallen paladins, the cult of eye, the cowled wizard who want the planar sphere. It would be funny that they ambush you on the street or when you rest in the inn (where there are innocent townpeople = if you are good you must watch them, and you can't buff your paty)

5)Bounty hunters: some enemy want your death, they send his minions to kill you. The cowled wizards, Bodhi's minions, the shadow thives and some bounty hunters who want reward.
Sikret
Thanks for the suggestions, Ryel!

QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Oct 1 2007, 03:46 PM) *
1) Improved cowled enforcers: the cowled wizards send his stronger and stronger members each time you cast a spell after the final fight they add you a licence (you are too strong smile.gif )

This one already exists in IA v4.2 (except the license part). In the readme it is mentioned under the title: "Improved Zallanora and party". The ones who appear prior to Zallanora are also slightly improved.

3) Improved vampires: in the current version they are joke.
I trust you mean "the vampires of the vanilla game are jokes", because the current version of IA (= v4.2) has only two new vampires and they are not weak. One of them is the Vampire Lord in spellhold; the other one is Shyressa in Twisted Rune. In IA v5 we have also two brand new types of vampires: Master Vampires and Vampire Brides (both types are more powerful than vampires of the vanilla game). Improving Bodhi's gang, however, is left to be done in v6.

4) Avangers: it is possible that some enemys have siblings, and after you defeat they, their siblings ambush you for avange. I think the fallen paladins, the cult of eye, the cowled wizard who want the planar sphere. It would be funny that they ambush you on the street or when you rest in the inn (where there are innocent townpeople = if you are good you must watch them, and you can't buff your paty)

Good suggestion.
JohnGalt
Similiarly to what the previous poster suggested about the "sibiling revenge". If you take the evil route with Anomen's murdered sister question and kill Saerk's family, his son, who teleports away, should come back at some point in the game and try to take revenge.
Ryel ril Ers
QUOTE(Sikret @ Oct 1 2007, 01:39 PM) *
Thanks for the suggestions, Ryel!

QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Oct 1 2007, 03:46 PM) *
1) Improved cowled enforcers: the cowled wizards send his stronger and stronger members each time you cast a spell after the final fight they add you a licence (you are too strong smile.gif )

This one already exists in IA v4.2 (except the license part). In the readme it is mentioned under the title: "Improved Zallanora and party". The ones who appear prior to Zallanora are also slightly improved.

3) Improved vampires: in the current version they are joke.
I trust you mean "the vampires of the vanilla game are jokes", because the current version of IA (= v4.2) has only two new vampires and they are not weak. One of them is the Vampire Lord in spellhold; the other one is Shyressa in Twisted Rune. In IA v5 we have also two brand new types of vampires: Master Vampires and Vampire Brides (both types are more powerful than vampires of the vanilla game). Improving Bodhi's gang, however, is left to be done in v6.

Last time i dont insult the cowled ones. Sorry, i will try it next time. thumb.gif

The vampire lord and the vampire of the twisted rune are cool. I mean the Bodhi's minions, they are jokes.
Sikret
QUOTE(Ryel ril Ers @ Oct 2 2007, 12:02 AM) *
The vampire lord and the vampire of the twisted rune are cool. I mean the Bodhi's minions, they are jokes.

For now (v5), Tanova (of chapter 3) is slightly improved. She is the vampire mage standing just before the chamber with trap spears.
luan
I noticed DavidW released version 1 for his SCSII for BG2! SCSI was wonderful and he had some fantastic ideas for AI routines and monster abilities (including what i've read for SCSII). The same of course is true for IA.

How awesome would it be for Sikret and David to share and integrate ideas into both their works? Yes IA and SCSII are both primarily tactical mods.
However, they don't compete with each other since they are technically/conceptually different as well as target different crowds.

Strategy and tactics always apply regardless.

Sikret
It's a bad comparison, luan! IA is much more than a tactical mod.

Nonetheless, I'm always open to constructive suggestions for future versions of IA. Similarly, if any other modder likes any of my ideas, I will gladly give the permission of using them in another mod if the modder drops me a line and asks. (The Item Randomizer is probably the only exception. It's one of the best original ideas used in IA for the first time and I prefer to keep it exclusively for IA. Yes, there are more other original ideas in IA, but I like the item randomizer in a special way.)
lroumen
Sikret, I think Exnem's Vault also uses an item randomiser. You may want to check out that mod (for your own reference, maybe to get some additional ideas wink.gif ).
Sikret
QUOTE(lroumen @ Oct 16 2007, 05:57 PM) *
Sikret, I think Exnem's Vault also uses an item randomiser.

No, it doesn't. It normally adds items to creatures and areas (without randomizing). Improved Anvil is the first and only mod with this feature.

I have checked Exnem's Vault v5. Are you referring to a newer version?

- Edited for typos
lroumen
No, I was indeed referring to version 5. I thought the description said it added items randomly to creatures, but I guess I am mistaken.
Shaitan
Actually iitems adds items to random creatures at installation...
DavidW
I seem to recall there's an item randomiser in Weimer's IWD2 Ease-of-use.

EDIT: yes, there is. It's pretty drastic, actually: it randomizes all items of the same cash value, and it doesn't worry about this creating in-game weirdnesses (e.g. someone who says they're giving you an axe actually gives you a dagger). IA's randomizer is coded in a rather different way, though, and is rather subtler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.