Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Journal of 6.6
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2
kilorew
Was a bit worried in the early game thaco but swashie seems to be scaling pretty well solo'd the screaming statue and not even at level 20 yet
pekkae
QUOTE(kilorew @ Jan 29 2023, 02:59 PM) *
Was a bit worried in the early game thaco but swashie seems to be scaling pretty well solo'd the screaming statue and not even at level 20 yet

Yup. What do you use for buffs on Hexxat with screaming statue?
kilorew
I was in full on play testing mode so all I gave her bare bones just Improved haste, first 2 waves were no problem and 3rd could be done with just IH but need a bit of luck with Mirrored blade procs (could've also dropped a regen on her)

Wondering if she could solo orcus fight (minus the grandlords maybe)

By the way looking ahead to Improvised Blend, quickest short sword +3 is in assassin windspear hill fight, right?
pekkae
QUOTE(kilorew @ Jan 30 2023, 02:43 PM) *
I was in full on play testing mode so all I gave her bare bones just Improved haste, first 2 waves were no problem and 3rd could be done with just IH but need a bit of luck with Mirrored blade procs (could've also dropped a regen on her)

Wondering if she could solo orcus fight (minus the grandlords maybe)

By the way looking ahead to Improvised Blend, quickest short sword +3 is in assassin windspear hill fight, right?

You can always supercharge Hexxat. You can get:

+ 10% resistance (vs slashing) from enhanced armour of stamina +6
+ 40% hardiness
+ 10% entropy shield (shaman)
+ 10% Armor of Faith (from cloak of atonement) & yu can nullify the negative sides with potion of fortitud
+ 4% defensive harmony (cleric)

That + superlow AC + regen's should do it.

You will be in trouble with Orcus if you get breached & when it casts pfmw / absolute immunity, for then your buffs will run out & you can't hit it to make use of the on-hit effects. You could summon a few mordekainen's swords and whack them while you are waiting for orcus's buffs to run out.

I think.

You can only forge improvised blend in ToB and to properly do it you'll need also the +4 long sword forged from three +3 long swords. I can't remember where the short swords +3 were, I think there's numerous around.
pekkae
Haha.

Well, it seems I won't have the chance to finish the run in the near future. Anyway, there's like only EDE left, that's difficult. Though it would be quite fun to play through, plus I'd like to see Hexxat's & Dorn's endings smile.gif.

But the thing is, my computer is breaking down and I need a new one. So it's a little bit of a process to get everything to the new one, once I even get around to buy it. So we'll see how this plays out.

A few conclusions, at this point.

I think we quite accidentally ended up with a crew that was really, really easy to play on insane. As it desn't matter how much damage the enemies are doing, if they can't hit you. At all.

Our crew as such worked extremely well and we're not really short on anything, except well a few critical strikes maybe. While the Cleric is a little bit of work in progress (it needs a few items we think), the upgraded powers are a welcome addition to pretty much any team and the combination of Cleric + Shaman is really nice for divine casters. A Cleric + an avenger would also work very, very well smile.gif. And it's oh so nice that the Cleric brings quite a new way of defeating enemies which means more diverse tactics come in play, instead of the very common IA tactics. And ofc we had Hexxat along, who then took the same tactics and supercharged 'em.

Needless to say, I've enjoyed this run immensely especially after figuring out how to max the crew to it's potential. It was super fun.

Thanks again for the hard work SparrowJacek & the crew & thanks for making my favorite game all time so much better.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.