Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BG2 EE 2.6
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Badgerlad
Heya all,

Just a warning if you happen to play on steam. Beamdog just launched a new update for BG2 EE, and there is no way to prevent steam from updating it, unless you go to properties>update and choose "only update the game when I launch it" and disable your internet connection while playing...

I'm so pissed you can't properly prevent updates...

Is there any solution to fix that, as in making IA viable with BG2 EE 2.6 simply ? Dunno what it takes.

Edit : Nevermind, I was just stopping not to make a shortcut to avoid steam-shit to launch anytime I play. Careful with their auto-update if you do though
critto
Is there any solution to fix that, as in making IA viable with BG2 EE 2.6 simply ? Dunno what it takes.

Open up the game's properties in Steam, go to the "betas" tab and select version 2.5

On a more general note, no, I doubt that IA (and many other mods) would just work on 2.6 without adjustments. I'll go through the changelog more thoroughly later and decide whether IAv7 would be compatible with 2.6, depending on the amount compatibility changes required.
Badgerlad
QUOTE(critto @ Apr 20 2021, 08:15 AM) *
Open up the game's properties in Steam, go to the "betas" tab and select version 2.5

Yeah, did that of course, but if you play on steam, it auto-updates to latest version, no way to hold on a beta it seems.
But doing so and launching the game from shortcut and not from steam definitely does the trick.
critto
Yeah, did that of course, but if you play on steam, it auto-updates to latest version, no way to hold on a beta it seems.

Well, this is strange, it has never happened to me. I've already been through this once back during the 1.3->2.0 transition.
lroumen
Normally you can copy the whole bg2ee steam folder to a separate folder outside of steam and then you can start it up from there. The game folder is a standalone that does not require steam to be run at all.

However, going back versions will be tough.

Coincidentally I did not do this either so I am in the same boat currently. My pain is less because I am still choosing which class to play from Bg1 onwards and then import into IA.

Biggest change is that antimagic spells seem to be able to target invisible creatures, but I may be misinterpreting that one. A minor one is that resurrection spells can only be cast on dead party members.
The rest is cosmetics and consistency.
critto
I am not experiencing any issues after switching to the 2.5 "beta". I just stay on it no matter how many times I run the game. It just stays on the version I chose.

Biggest change is that antimagic spells seem to be able to target invisible creatures, but I may be misinterpreting that one.

I'm pretty sure that they did it in a manner that could be reverted.
lroumen
Yes, it can be reverted, but it means a bit of work
critto
I strongly suspect that IA already reverts many of these changes due to a simple fact that a lot of changes in IA are made the "old school" way by overwriting resources completely instead of patching them programmatically with more modern implementations of weidu.
lroumen
I guess. But I thought you also had the ambition at some point to move towards patching everything the nice way smile.gif
critto
True, but the chances of getting this done are really low, at least in any foreseeable future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.