Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Necromancer/Barbarian journal (Contain Spoilers) + IA Enemy Manual
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Pages: 1, 2
Dequ
Another run attempt. Goal is to get further than last time. Patient is the key, I believe. I am only avg player and have lot to learn.

Full custom party:
Necromancer/Barbarian Multiclass, Swords
Berserker7/Mage Dual, Axes
Berserker7/Mage Dual, Hammers
Berserker7/Mage Dual, Halberd
Protector7/Priest of Lathander Dual Class, Flails
Auramaster/Riskbearer Multiclass, Clubs/Staffs

Spent quite a lot time to create this powerful party, high stat rolls and loosened class/kit restrictions. Distributed tomes from bg1 and write wizard spells to spell books, which are possible to learn from bg1. Added 18CH to my protagonist so get best speech checks and highest prices for selling. Tweaks: No traps&Locks, Multiple magic protection restriction removed, True Grandmastery and few others. Also all Bulian´s tweaks installed. Installed mod Tower of Deception, since I have never played it and I read that it is working well with IA. This is quite illegal party, if this party proves to be too strong, I might not enjoy using it. Best feelings are when fights are so hard that can barely win with good tactics and hard trying. But this party serve purpose just to fulfill my goal for now. I got some good tips for strong party composition, but I am too stubborn to play mod with suggested party and way it has meant to be played.

I will do videos about improved fights for this journal.
When I proceed, I will collect information about enemies on IA Enemy Manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zizmh5xzbo2jqy/I...anual.docx?dl=0

Suna Seni Encounter
SPOILER!
Use lvl4+ spells like Emotion, interrupt enemy casters. Spell Trust to remove Wizard´s Immunity Enchantment & Minor Globe of Invulnerability and right after some emotion spells or web spells. Then proceed to kill them on melee or range.

Improved Copper Coronet
SPOILER!
First fight there is 2 mages to take care. I suggest using breach + melee on them, if need then cast detect invisibility to counter enemies improved invisibility. I don’t have breach yet, because party too low level so I focused all melee attacks to bash through mages stoneskin. Focus 1 mage at a time. After Mages I kill the rest.
Need to kill Beastmaster before Tabitha. Easiest way is to disrupt Beastmaster first spell using Acid Arrow spell, then breach him and then melee with buffed party. I did not have lvl5 breach because low level party, so I used Doom + Greater Malison + Emotion. He had Acid shield active so did not proceed to melee but used missile weapons instead (minute meteors) and more acid arrow spells. After Beastmaster died, I killed rest of lesser enemies and finally Tabitha using melee and few magic missiles.

Dalok
SPOILER!
Few Emotion spells and bash with melee. Can also breach Druid to rip off protections.

Faldorn
SPOILER!
Many ways to beat depend on your protagonist, but disrupt spell casting is the key. I used 1 Lighting Bolt which bounced on walls and hit multiple times and killed Faldorn

Adratha´s Cottage
SPOILER!
This fight we need to counter enemy spells and have enough defense (AC, Stoneskin, Mirror image etc.) to tank Raskhasas melee attacks. To counter Ice Storm I casted Resist Fire & Cold = 50% cold resist for all chars, then my mages cast Fireshield (blue) which gives another 50%, my cleric and druid still take 50% cold dmg, but they can tank it. I prepared Zone of Sweet Air spells to counter Cloudkill and Death Fog. If Raskhasa manage to cast Absolute Immunity, we need to wait until it goes off. We cannot breach them. Full buff party outside and rush in. Also We need to have +2 or better weapons to hit enemies, so I used Enchantment Spell to create few +3 weapons.

Improved Random Encounter
SPOILER!
This fight we need to focus Cleric first, because he is going to cast Greater Command which is really fast casting time spell. Mage reveal itself after initial buffs, right after when she start casting first spell Remove Magic. After Cleric is dead, switch to normal weapons and focus mage, because no magical weapons can hit her. You can also cast haste right after Remove Magic hit. After the mage there is only 3 fighters left, which you can use emotion or just melee through.

Chaos
SPOILER!
Call Lightning Spell it´s weakness. Lightning bolt not working. To get more dmg out of Call Lightning spell, use Greater Malison to lower down Chaos saves. Use Chaotic Command to counter enemy´s Chaos spell for those chars that expose themselves. I did used 3 Chaotic Commands: 2 for divine casters, 1 for char that will take agro. Killer insect spell is deadly, but can be outrun with speed spell (run around map) or can be countered with slowed character. Damage taken from that spell variate like this: 50x4dmg hasted char, 27x4dmg regular speed char and 22x4dmg slowed char. So for best is to slowdown char that is going to tank Killer Insects. I suggest to use healing potions, regeneration, Oil of Resurgence or just tank it with high HP pool and slowed char. I used Doom + Contagion for my own char to slow it down (beware your attribute scores, if any goes to 0, you will die). Each time your casters use spell Call Lightning, kite the enemy away from your casters so Chaos won’t change agro to your casters/rest of your team. Then after a 1 round, lure Chaos back to max distance for your casters. When fight is over, Cure Disease if you used Contagion trick.

Danger at the Library
SPOILER!
Biggest danger here is the Yuan-ti Mage. He uses very common trick to defend himself with improved invisibility + Immunity Divination, so he cannot be targeted him with any direct spells, so no breach etc. possible. Old trick works here too Greater Malison + Emotion/Chaos spell. Before fight, buff party. Open door and get away from door a bit to get yourself just a bit enough time that Yuan-ti Mage must move towards you, so you will not get his Spell Sequencers right away. Then cast Greater Malison at the doorway, just after slight delay cast Emotion spells. If you get shot by Spell Sequencer, then try to pull targeted character away from party so only target char get hit. Slow spell on that sequencer is immediate thought. Then bash everything with melee. To kill Vengeance Trolls, you need to use weapons that apply elemental dmg (Flame Tongue/Root of The Problem) to kill, no direct spells cannot be used. If Yuan-ti Mage will not get affected of emotion spell, try again.

Glaicus
SPOILER!
Fighter Glaicus is main target. Spirit Spiders start spawning from behind when fight start. Total of 4 spiders will spawn if fights goes long enough. I tested that I could kill Glaicus on first round just with buffed party using melee. If fight goes longer, use breach to remove Hardiness. Prolong the fight if you want to get exp from all spider spawns. I blocked door with 1 char using mirror image & stoneskins while other 5 char focused on spider spawning point.

Keep Viper
SPOILER!
Need at least +2 weapons to cause damage on Keep Viper. Buff party before trigger fight, Buffs that lower your Thac0 helps most for hitting enemy. Keep Viper seems to regenerate HP rather quickly, so focus all your chars to attack it. Slashing and crushing dmg works best.

Guarded Flail Head (Fire) Spirit Spider
SPOILER!
This fight is quite easy. Buff your party and kill the spiders.

Greater Yuan-Ti
SPOILER!
Lowering down bridge will trigger this fight. There is only 2 enemies, but they are bit tricky. At first we need to protect ourself vs confuse. Chaotic Command & Berserker Rage ability works. Greater Yuan-Ti´s Minor Globe of Invulnerability protecting him from lvl 1,2,3 spells. Spell Turning protect him total of 12 spell levels (direct spells) casted on it. We can cast Secret Word spell to remove Spell Turning. Second Secret Word will remove Minor Globe of Invulnerability, but this is not needed. When Spell Turning not protecting him anymore, we can use Breach spell to remove combat protections. To remove Yuan-Ti´s Mirror Image, we can cast True Seeing spell. Yuan-Ti has high save vs spells and magic resist, so Greater Malison + Emotion not very likely work on it. My way to win this fight is buff party, protect against confuse, remove Yuan-Ti´s protections and use melee. When he cast remove magic on my character I run away from party and take it only on 1 char. If have enough pressure and breach Yuan-Ti every round, It will force him on defensive (to spend round on cast Stoneskins/Protect from Magical Weapons).

Torgal
SPOILER!
There is 3 Noble Trolls, 2 Giant Trolls, 1 Gem Golem and TorGal. To hit Torgal we need to use +2 or better weapons. Torgal will cast Storm of Vengeance on first round. We can lure the storm into another room with 1 char who got targeted. First we pre-buff party in room before last room. Then we should use breach to remove TorGal´s combat protection. Then lure the Storm of Vengeance into another room and now we can start cleaning the enemies. It is also possible to disrupt TorGal spell casting by attacking him. Noble Trolls we need to use +3 weapons to be able to do damage. Gem Golem vulnerable to crushing damage. Also Ray of Fragmentation works if you have it. Order to kill enemies: 1.TorGal, 2.Giant Trolls, 3.Noble Trolls and last Gem Golem. For defence Stoneskin and Mirror Image spells worked well. Fight took me couple of tries to win.

Shadow Lover
SPOILER!
Rats are vulnerable to crushing and Shadow Lover 50% resist to slashing and piercing. Greater Malison + Emotion also work on rats. I need to focus on having right weapons vs right enemy. Cure Disease spell ready to cure disease from rats.

Captain Haegan
SPOILER!
This is first fight which has lot of enemies. There is Captain Haegan, Cleric, Mage, Assassins and lot of Slaver Guards and Slave Golem. We should focus first enemy spell casters. Assassins keep spawning until fight is finished. Breach work vs Cleric. Emotion and Chaos spells do not seem to work on Cleric & Haegan, but does work on enemy Mage. Slave Golem vulnerable to piercing damage type. Area of effect spells are very useful in this fight. Greater Malison + Emotion/Chaos/Web to control most of enemies. I used Minor Sequencer x 4 for 8 Web Spells, 2 Greater Malison (1 for crowd and 1 for Mage), Emotions, Chaos, Holy Smite, Insect Plague. Harm spell work for Haegan to drop his hp to 1, then use melee to finish. After initial spells released, I started to cast spiders to kill webbed enemies. After most enemies killed, I proceeded to mage, released Greater Malison + many Chaos + Emotions, then finished everything with melee.

Ghost Spider
SPOILER!
Free Action to counter improved web. Possible to buff party before entering location. Ghost Spider & (Whisper Spider) disable some combat protections on hit. Ghost Spider is quite tanky and has high HP regeneration, so I suggest focusing Whisper Spider first. Whisper Spider can also cause confuse. I am going to full buffed party and rush inside and use some Sunfire spells and then melee combat and some spells. Ghost Spider will spawn additional spiders after some time, total of 4 spawns = 8 Spiders (Killer Spider + Lesser Spirit Spider). If you want to milk out extra experience, do not kill ghost spider before it spawns all 8 spiders. Having extra Free Action Spells and potion of Freedom ready to use will help. Fire and Acid damage types work, but Ghost Spider has high Magic Resistance. So need to use Lower Resistance spell first you want to deal damage with magic. Spell Sunfire goes through Magic Resistance. When casting Sunfire, it will grant the caster 100 Fire Resist for very short amount if time. So timing is important to cast Sunfire with all chars clumped together. Those chars that are unable to cast it, protect from fire by using spells/potions/scrolls/equipment beforehand. Chaotic Command to protect vs confuse. Alicorn Lance spell can be used to reduce Ghost Spider AC. Doom to reduce Ghost Spider Thac0 and Saves.

Crypt King
SPOILER!
This fight only 2 enemies which are vulnerable for most damage types. Both enemies are fighters with low AC, good THAC0 and high number of attacks. Queen does level drain on hit. To protect against level drain I used Negative Plane Protection spell and Berserker´s Enrage ability. I prepared 4x minor sequenced with Acid Arrow spells and 4 Lower Resistance spells. buffed party and going in. I start fight with casting 2x Lower Resistance on King, other chars rush on melee. After Magic Resistance lowered, I cast Doom, Alicorn Lance and release 2 minor sequencers. King is dead and I do same with Queen. Fight is over in few rounds.

Rendelf (Poisoned Man) Encounter
SPOILER!
Your Party will be dispelled at start of fight. This fight enemies relatively low level so Dispel Magic/Remove Magic works. Start this fight with Remove Magic, Haste spell and few Emotion spells. Then rush to melee.

Grotesque Creature
SPOILER!
Buff your party in upstairs and kill enemies using melee.

Rayic Gethras
SPOILER!
Use normal weapons to attack Rayic and Crushing weapons to kill Clay Golem. Buff party before entering upstairs

Mae'Var
SPOILER!
This fight not particularly hard. If you kill Mae’Var quickly you get more Potions of Invisibility. Buff party and rush to melee. You can use Emotions if you want. Mae’Var will try to backstab, so True Sight/Detect Invisibility helps to reveal him.

Tanova
SPOILER!
We need to protect against level drain, because vampires cause level drain on hit. Negative Plane Protection and Enrage works. Greater Command to protect against domination. Tanova too high level for remove magic, so we need to bash trough her stoneskin.Will focus Tanova first, then weaker vampires.

Spider Ambush
SPOILER!
2 Killer Spiders and Spirit Spider will spawn at the front of Pai’Na´s Hideout. Also web will be triggered. Trigger web with 1 char only, which is protected with free action. Then lure fight away from web. Buffed party help to win fight faster.

Horrid Rakshasa
SPOILER!
There is lot of small Kobold which are not dangerous, but annoying for blocking ways. Chain Lightning spell works well vs those. Then there is Rakshasa, which is very resistance to magic and after getting hit by melee, it will cast Absolute Immunity on next round. If he cast it, only way is to wait until it wear off. It is possible to attack Rakshasa right after he start offensive spell and kill him with melee on 1 round. To protect against ADHW, use Protect from Magic Energy spell if you have it available. It is also possible to tank 1 such spell. If Rakshasa cast Remove Magic, run away with that 1 char which get targeted.

Screaming Statue
SPOILER!
There is total of 3 waves to beat:
1. 2 Mist Horror, 4 Vampiric Mist, 1 Vampire
2. 2 Mist Horror, 4 Vampiric Mist, 1 Eminent Vampire, 2 Vampire
3. 2 Mist Horror, 4 Vampiric Mist, 2 Eminent Vampire, 2 Vampire Bride, 1 Master Vampire

This Fight is not so easy, because there is many enemies and many things you need to keep yourself protected. Protect against Level Drain, Chaos and Domination Spells and avoid dispel of protections. Keep your party highly buffed. Vampires also have high HP regeneration, so too thin spread damage prolong the fights too much. Focus your damage when possible to overcome high regeneration.

Few spells that work well in this fight: Phantom Blade, Animate Dead then defensive buffs like Chaotic Command, Enrage, Barbarian Rage, Amulet of Power (immune level drain). I summoned lot of Skeleton Warriors on my side (summoning limit removed). This was total overkill. Then buffed all and started fight. Fight was bit messy, because too much critters on the screen, but with only 5 summons tactic would be the same.

Guarded Ashideena
SPOILER!
Fight is very similar as in Ogre´s Tower fight to get Belm. Free Action to counter improved web. Buff party before triggering fight. There is total of 5 spiders. Ghost Spider & (Whisper Spider) disable some combat protections on hit. Ghost Spider will spawn Killer and Lesser Spirit Spiders if not killed fast.

Unseeing Eye
SPOILER!
Improved Mantle is protecting Eye quite well, but duration is short (4rounds). We need 4+ weapons to be able to hit it while Improved Mantle is active, and we do not have such weapons right now. If we play as planned, we can use Rift Device remove Eye´s protections and drop down it´s HP to very low. After that it is easy task to kill.

Mencar Pebblecrusher
SPOILER!
This is nice and strong enemy party: 2 Spellcaster, 2 fighters and 1 thief. Greater Malison + Emotion Spell work vs Brennan, Smaeluv, Pooky and Amon. Then there is only Mencar left. Buff Parry in downstairs. When you go upstairs, rush into room of enemies, because they start their first round casting spells right away when you enter. Use Greater Malison + Emotion to make 4 of them sleep. After that focus Mencar and breach him, when he use hardiness. After he die, kill the rest.

Anarg
SPOILER!
This is not very hard fight, only slightly improved. Enemies not buffed and only attacking straight on. Buff your party before triggering fight. Use melee to kill. Regular Stoneskin+ Mirror Image + Spirit Armor works.

Pirate Captain and Coordinator
SPOILER!
This is not easy fight. Our first priority in this fight is to bring down enemy spellcaster Coordinator. Coordinator has really good saves and high magic resistance and under improved invisibility, so cannot targeted with direct spells and not possible to reveal him. Technically it is possible to use Greater Malison + Emotion, but chance to get it hit is very low and would require many reloads. Did not test if he is immune for Emotion. If we kill Coordinator quickly, we will get more scrolls. Not many elemental attack work, but luckily Electricity does. Chain Lightning can be used to interrupt spell cast, not that are casted from scrolls cannot be interrupted, but due to high Magic Resistance this won´t work most of times. Pirate Captain attacking with high number of attacks and Pirates also are potent in melee. Low AC, Stoneskins work vs those. Pirates drink Potion of Magic Shielding right at the start so they have insane saves. Captain seems to be immune for Emotion. Fire Shield (Blue) work vs Pirates and Captain. To kill coordinator quickly (without him spending AI scrolls) we have only 2 options. We can peel down some stoneskins by using melee and then retreat away from him before round end or we can just try to finish him off in 1round before he cast AI. But for this we need to land really many hits in 1round. Slow way is to use summons to prolong the fight until his Improved Invisibility end.

Tarnor The Hatchetman
SPOILER!
This fight enemy party really high level and they all drink Potion of Magic Blocking in first round. Too bad we cannot use Dispel/Remove magic here on my low level party. Magic is not so effective in this fight, we need to relay on melee. Breach works vs all but not vs Gaius. For him we would need level 7 Spell Ruby Ray of Reversal to remove his Immunity Abjuration first. Gaius is the biggest threat here, if we let him cast Remove Magic on our buffed characters, then it is game over. My plan is to pre-buff party and try to melee through Gaius stoneskins, before he cast Improved Mantle. After him, will focus Clerics and then Fighters. Going to breach my targets when possible. To get at the Gaius as fast as possible, we should attack from left side, run past him and then attack when most of our characters can start hitting. We could also cast Protection from Fire to counter Gaius Fire Shield.

Most Noble Order of Radiant Hearth Authorities
SPOILER!
This fight only danger is mage Alhelor. We should buff our party before fight. When enemy spawn, stay away until Alhelor cast Remove Magic and take it only on 1 character. He will cast Remove Magic on first round if there are no mirror imaged players near. So have mirror image casted -> force him to cast True Sight. Stay away from him until he cast True Sight and then proceed to melee, otherwise he just cast PFMW. This encounter can be used to farm exp&gold, because it respawn every 24hour, to prevent it from happening we need to go back to Windspear Hills and proceed questline there.

Improved Ruhk Conjurer and Kamikaze Kobolds
SPOILER!
Kill kobold first by using some aoe dmg or have char not protected from fire and rush in. If char is protected from fire, then they will not use explosion. Then tank 1 Remove Magic spell with 1 char and rush to melee. If you kill Ruhk in 1 round, he will not have time to cast AI. If he does, you need to spend few rounds until it expire.

Golem Spawn
SPOILER!
2 Gem, 2 Coin and 1 Bone Golem on this fight. Golems are very tough straight on melee fighters. They are also very easy to counter if there Is no enemy mages to breach our protections off. Low AC, Stoneskin and Ironskin. Illusion get Dispelled by some reason, so Mirror Image not working. Choose right damage type to deal damage. Anti-golem spell: Ray of Fragmentation spell effect on them. Watchout for Bone Golem Hideous Laugh effect. Try to focus Bone Golem first. Melf´s Minute Meteor also viable spell to use if you cannot get your character on melee distance. Spells that ignore Magic Resistance: Larloch´s Minor Drain and Vampiric Touch it is also possible to deal small amount of damage. Also it would be possible to block golems on the doorway in a way that only 1 is capable of attacking. We need +3 weapons or better to hit Coin & Gem and I don’t have too much +3 weapons so I am forced to use “wrong” damage types.

Improved Guardians of Pieces of Burial Mask
SPOILER!
There is total of 6 Guardians to beat, but they are all the same and you can fight them 1by1. Guardian is invisible and immunity Divination, so we cannot breach him. There are many ways to beat him. If you have high level dispel magic it work to dispel Guardian protections. Protection from Fire and use melee to bash through protections also work. Guardian has high HP regeneration. Non direct spells also work for dealing damage.

Encounter with the Tomb Mist
SPOILER!
True Seeing + Lower Resistance seems to work. Damage types Piercing will do most damage, but I don’t have any +3 Piercing Weapons, so have to try Slashing/Crushing damage types. Buff party before entering Tomb Mist room, surround him and use melee.

Tougher Fire Elemental Guardian of the Tomb
SPOILER!
We need to use Mask of King Strohm III to able to fight Guardian. Buff party, protection from Fire for all characters and then just melee Fire Elemental.

Improved Samia and Party
SPOILER!
Hardest fight so far in this manual. There is full party of 6 dangerous enemies and then there is 3 Skeleton Warlords Spawn on the right room. Once again, enemy mage is biggest danger here. In this fight there is lot of room for testing what works and what not. Many enemies got high Magic Resistance and good saves. Akae and Chak are vulnerable for Emotion Spell with high chance to get effect. Kaol, Legroril and Ferric technically possible also to use Emotion, but very low chance. Samia has too good saves so she is not possible to put sleep. Skeleton Warlords we can take them on at doorway, 1by1 with char that use blunt weapon damage type, Stoneskins/Ironskins and Mirror Images. Or just use mage on doorway blocking it using PfMW. We need to use +3 weapons or better versus Skeleton Warlords. Chain Lightning spell might work to disrupt spell casting, but for dealing dmg it rarely gets through Magic Resistances. Creeping Doom spell is really effective in this fight, if party have access on it. With my level 13 party only thing I need is get effective Greater Malison hit on Kaol. After that, it is matter of casting as many emotions as needed and rest of fight is easy. I used Contingency to cast Greater Malison on myself when see enemy. After it triggered and hit Kaol, I started to cast emotions on 5 of my characters. Also used Doom spell on Ferric because he got good saves too. Used few summons to hold Skeleton Warlords for few extra round. Used Protection From Magical Energy to protect myself from 3xADHW, if it would trigger.

Tougher Tazok
SPOILER!
Buff party and use melee to kill enemies. Not hard fight.

Improved Conster
SPOILER!
This fight start with Conster alone, then once every (x round) 2 Skeleton Lords are spawning on top side of map. Total of 8 Skeleton will spawn. Conster is immune for Emotion, but not for Feeblemind. Once he get hits, it is gg. Now the plan is to get effective hit on Feeblemind spell. Conster is protected with Spell Turning and Immunity Abjuration. So to get rid of Spell Turning we need to spend level 12 worth of direct spells on him and those spells will be turned back to caster. To remove Spell Turning, I am going to use minimum actions which is two level 6 spells Disintegrate. For some reason Spell Turning did not disappeared after spending 12 spell levels, had to cast few more spells. Greater Emotion to lower down Conster saves by 4 so he will have 7 saves and is easy target for Feeblemind. After that I focus to kill 8 Skeleton Lords and finally surrounded Conster and used melee to kill him. Prebuffed party before fight.

Founder of Trademeet
SPOILER!
This fight start with scripted Dispel on my characters. Arcane magic not possible to cast in this location. Contingency still works, also character abilities, Divine Magic, wands? and potions. To force cast of True sight we need to have mirror imaged casted on 1 character. Blur not seems to trigger True Sight. I prepared Minor Sequencers (Shield+Blur), because shield gives +3 vs blunt and blur gives another +3. Then I also wear armor on my Mages, because they cannot cast spells anyway. Prepared Contingency spells with Haste and few stoneskins. Crushing damage type works best vs Founder, so I equip crushing weapons if have for all characters. Right after dispel affect, cast sequencers, 1 Mirror Image and Stoneskins. Then just start clearing enemies, next round cast character abilities if there is any useful such enrage.

Shadow Jailor
SPOILER!
We can use breach to remove Jailor´s Blade Barrier and Armor of Faith. Buff party before fight in previous room. Use melee to kill him.

Shade Lich Spawn
SPOILER!
Room has 1 Shade Lich, 2 Skeleton Lord, 2 Greater Mummy. One Bone Golem will join the fight from below.
We cannot breach Shade Lich, so in order to fight him with melee we must attack him when PFMW not active or all his PFMWs are exhausted. PFMW last 4rounds, so we might have time window to kill lich on 5round when he cast Spell Sequencer. We just cannot stay too close to him that time, otherwise he would just cast another PFMW. We need to have Protect from Magical Energy ready for his 3x ADHW trigger.

Thaxll'ssillyia
SPOILER!
First and easiest Dragon in this manual, but no dragon is easy. To remove Spell Turning and Spell Shield we can use 2x Secret Word or 2x Pierce Magic. After that we can start using Breach on Dragon to remove PfMW and keep attacking him on melee. We need to use multiple breach spells. We should protect ourselves from level drain effect. Greater Silence we should tank only on 1 character. Buff party before initiate to fight.

Shade Lord
SPOILER!
Buff party before entering last location. Protection from Magical Energy is really important to protect against Field of Dark Magic and Deadly Chain Contingency. What I did was that I surrounded Shade Lord right at start but did not attack him. When he start Casting True Sight, I attack him with all melee force I have, so we got 6 second to kill him. If he is wounded at start of new round, he cast PFMW. Other enemies aren’t too much threat.

Borinall
SPOILER!
Depend on option you select when speak with Borinall, you get different enemies. You can either get (3 Mugger or 1 Mage + 2Thugs), 2 Rune Assassin, 1 Amber Golem and Borinall. If we do not kill Borinall fast he can spawn up to 6 Rune Assassins. Borinall seems to be immune for all status effects. Prebuff party as usual, Protection from Electricity is important for this fight vs Amber Golem. Initiative round I used Power Word Silence for mage then I used my Slashing damage dealers to focus Amber Golem, rest characters focus on killing other minor enemies. Left Borinall for last, used breach on him.

Imp (Mekrath´s Quest)
SPOILER!
This fight Imp is main target. Possible to use Remove Magic/Dispel if you got high level enough. Easiest way to beat this is Greater Malison + Emotion combo and after that use melee to kill Imp. Protect yourself vs Cold to prevent taking damage from Blue Fire Shield. Pre-buff if want, but no heavy buff is needed for this fight.

Mekrath
SPOILER!
This fight very similar as Imp fight. Greater Malison + Emotion combo works again, but also possible to surround mage and just melee him before he cast PfMW. Protect yourself vs Cold to prevent taking damage from Blue Fire Shield.

Gracen (Guild's contact)
SPOILER!
Gracen is easy to kill. Vulnerable for many things, I used melee to kill. If he kept alive then up to 3 Vampire Brides will spawn at the stairs. Protect against level drain.

Bounty Hunters (Planar Prison First Fight)
SPOILER!
This fight there is few enemies, but only Elite Bounty Huntress is dangerous. Up to 3 Planar Hounds can spawn if fight goes long enough (1spawn/turn), but first Hound and Huntress need to be alive and Huntress cannot be under status effects like sleep/feeblemind. If we rush into too close to Huntress right away, she uses PfMW instead of Breach. So stay away, until she start casting breach and then rush into melee. She should die before 1round end. Another way is to use 2 Ruby Ray of Reversal and then breach. Buff party before entering the portal. I suggest to focus Huntress first then other enemies. Cast protection from Fire for all characters to protect against Huntress Red Fire Shield. I also used Power Word Silence for Yuan-Ti, so he cannot cast Greater Command.

Master of Thralls (Planar Prison Second Fight)
SPOILER!
We have two Yuan-Ti Spawns (2x Yuan-ti Mages, 2x Greater Yuan-tis, 2x Minotaurs), 2 Thralls, 1 Wyvern, 1 Master of Thralls, 2 Air Elementals so total of 18 enemies. Greater Malison + lot of Emotions work vs Yuan-ti Spawns. Thrall mage we can kill using normal weapon. Protection from Fire spell vs Fire Shield (Red). Also symbol of stun works. Pre-Buff Party before fight. Remove Magic would also work because Yuan-Ti Mages are level 14. Chain Lightning can be used to disrupt mages.

Warden (Planar Prison Third Fight)
SPOILER!
We have 2 ways to trigger this fight. We can either use Orb and turn Thralls to our side or just proceed to attack without using Orb. First Option we have enemies: Warden and 8 Planar Hound. Second Option we have Warden, 2 Thrall Mages, 1 Thrall Cleric, 3 Thrall Fighters and 30 Planar Hounds!!! We choose harder option, so I need to prepare quite a lot. I summon Horde of Skeleton Warriors and use all regular buff spells + Strength of One for Skeletons for +1 damage. I have removed summon limit, because when enemy have an army, then I do also have reason to have army. My plan is to attack from right side. Problem of so many Hounds spawning around Warden that I cannot get my character at him, so I need to lure away those Hounds. I send 1 character first at fight and order her to run above. Most of Hounds agro her and way to Warder is clearer. Right now, I cannot rush in too fast, because Warden would cast PfMW, so I wait until he starts casting True Sight, then make my move. Now I have almost full round to kill Warden and it is no problem with this party. After Warden dead I want to focus Mages, but I they still under PfMW, so I kill other enemies for 4 rounds and then trying to kill mages. My Skeleton Army doing pretty good vs Planar Hounds, but they also blocking my way. After the fight is over, use Orb and kill 2 more Hounds to get most experience. This fight also doable with only 5 summons, but then I just need to use more Stoneskins, Mirror Images, PfMWs spells.

Squirreled Away Assassinators
SPOILER!
There is total of 3 Prime Assassinators. They are quite potent melee fighters with High Level Abilities. I still haven’t paid/killed Zallanora, so cannot cast spells in city freely, so breach is not in my use. Otherwise I would just breach them and use melee. Pre-buff party and proceed to fight, focus them 1 by 1.

Improved Lord Roenall and Army
SPOILER!
This fight enemies: 4 Guards (Fighters), 5 Soldiers, 1 Mage, 2 Gem Golem and Lord himself. This fight we can get 4 potion of Magic Shielding if we prevent Guards from drinking those. We could use Web and Symbol Stun spell from outside of fov and when all 4 Guards webbed or stunned, we strike them down. I used Minor Sequencer to cast 8 webs. On second round 4 Guards are dead and next we will kill mage, we cannot be too close to mage when second round begin, he would cast PfMW, so stay away until he start casting. Focus mage with all melee and then rest of weak enemies. Then Golems and lastly tanky Roenall. Ray of Fragmentation Spell and Crushing damage works well vs Golems. Roenall has so high resistances that if he uses Hardiness, then we cannot do any damage to him. Hard thing is that he is unbreachable. His Hardiness last 12rounds. He also has 100 Magic Resistance and he is immune Lower Resistance, so magic cannot do anything versus him. Trick is to surround him with character, wait until he use some HLA ability (not Hardiness) and only then attack him. There is 6 seconds time to kill.

Tougher Baron Metrich & Party
SPOILER!
Mage Amin most dangerous again. Buff party before entering Inn. Use Protect from Magical Energy for all characters. Stay away from Mage, otherwise he cast PfMW. When he start casting Breach, rush in melee and kill him in 1round. Rest enemies no threat.

Tougher Turmish Fanatics
SPOILER!
This is very typical fight. Mage again most dangerous. Use Protection from Magical Energy and Protection from Cold. Greater Malison + Emotions + Symbol Stun works versus all enemies. Buff party before fight. Use Breach to rip off protections from Priests.

Improved Umar Witch
SPOILER!
Umar does Spawn 2x Skeleton Lords every 5round. Total of 12 Skeletons Lords can spawn if we keep Umar alive. This bitch is cheating, she is immune for all status effects I tested. Imp use summon spells every 2 round to summon total of 4 Golems, 2 Spiders, 2 Minotaurs. Fight start with Umar, Imp and Summons: 2 Minotaurs, 2 Skeleton Lords and Planetar. We should use Protection from Lightning spell and Protect from Magical Energy, Greater Command and Protection from Cold for all characters. Also regular buffs spells. I suggest keeping Imp alive as long as 2 Gem Golems are summoned. I will start fight by killing Umar first, but wait away until she starts casting True Sight and then strike in, then all the minor enemies and then keep waiting for more Imp summons. Creeping Doom does work on imp, but then he would not be able to cast summons so fast. Ray of Fragmentations works well vs golems, also Spell Sequencer to cast it 3 times is effective.

Enchanter
SPOILER!
There is Enchanter and 2 Dominated enemies. Do not kill those Dominated ones, they will be freed after Enchanter is dead. To remove Enchanter protections, we need to cast 2 Ruby Ray of Reversal and then 1 Breach right after with small delay. Then deal him with melee. Cast Protection from Magical Energy to protect against ADHW. Buff party before initiating fight.

Illusionist
SPOILER!
This fight there is many illusions. Illusionist mage is female, but she has male voice (Nice Vocal Cords/top illusionist skill). Once every few rounds 2 Illusionary Golems and 2 Illusionary Vampire spawns. Phantasmal Killer is real pain in the ass, if we going to fight it, but we can disbelieve him away if we have high Intelligence. Vampires does Level Drain, so we need to protect ourselves against it. Detect Illusion Spell has no effect. Illusionist buffs are problematic, because we cannot use direct on her and first spell she cast is PfMW from scroll and she will cast it every 4rounds until no more scrolls available even if we not in close proximity. Also Saves vs spells and magic resistance, so good that we cannot use most of AoE status spells if any and even if we use, she probably immune for all effects. Solution to win this fight is actually really simple: Normal Weapons!

Elite Doppleganger
SPOILER!
This Doppleganger has 100 Magic Resistance and immune to lower resistance, so no magic is effective this fight. Potion of Vitality to counter Disease. Full buff before entering the cave. He got really low AC, so buffs that lower down THAC0 are helpful. Summons can be used to draw some attacks, but not needed with this party.

Improved Halfling Warriors
SPOILER!
Total of 8 Halflings this fight. 4 Halfling warriors are trash and 4 are nicely buffed. Emotion works vs Kayardi and Mogadish, but not versus their fighters. This fight we can just buff our party and rush the mage, then rest enemies with melee. But I prefer to prepare to use Spell Sequencer and use lot of Emotions spells. Power Word Silence does work vs Mogadish. Protection from Fire to protect against Fire Shield (Red).

Improved Lavok
SPOILER!
There is 2 Gem Golems and 4 Skeleton Lords and the main enemy Lavok. Lavok cannot be killed unless other enemies are dead. I prepared Spell Sequencer with 9 Ray of Fragmentations. Buffed Party in previous location with regular spells, PfME & Protection from Fire, Cold and Electric Important to counter Fire Shields and Chain Lighting and ADHW. I started fight to kill Gem Golems, because those spawn first. Crushing weapons works best. Then Skeleton Lords and finally Lavok. I waited far enough until he started casting and rushed in.

Tougher Tolgerias
SPOILER!
Mage we can just use melee to kill him really fast. To rip off Tolgerias protections we need to use 3 Ruby Ray of Reversal and 1 Breach. Both spells have casting time of 5, so start breach on small delay after RRoR. Tolgerias Finger of Death target protagonist if not protected by Death Ward, if she/he protected is then some other character, so you can use 6 Death Wards to protect all. All regular buffs again for characters.

Efreeti in the Fire Room
SPOILER!
This fight is not hard. There is Efreeti and some minor enemies: Imps, Salamanders etc. which are barely worth to mention. But all those enemies use Fire as their main element, so Protection from Fire is good idea to cast on all characters. Minor buffs are enough for this fight. To remove Efreeti´s protections faster, use Dispel Magic/Remove Magic.

Engine Room Golem Spawns
SPOILER!
This engine room there is total of 2 Bone Golems, 6 Gem Golems, 6 Coin Golem and 1 Clay Golem. Nothing too hard here, Crushing/Piercing damage type works best. I used only 2 melee and rest casting Ray of Fragmentation and staying behind. Stoneskin/Ironskin spells works really good.

Lea´liyl & 2 Tanar´ris
SPOILER!
There is 2 Tanar´ris and Main demon Lea´liyl. Then there is 3 Skeleton Lords, 3 Maurezhis and many small minor enemies such as Imps, Quasits, Salamanders. Many enemies use Fire element so Protection from Fire is good to cast on all characters, then regular buffs too.

WK1 Big Spawn
SPOILER!
This encounter there is 2 random spawns, in some cases there will be 4 random spawns. From my experience it can be Golem/Skeleton/Vampire spawns. On this game it was 1 Golem and 1 Skeleton spawn. These fighter enemies are pretty straight forward to kill. New enemy on this manual Skeleton Grandlord need +4 or better weapons to hit. I think player level/experience also affect on this spawn types. Buff party before encounter, Stoneskin/Ironskin works really well. I used door way to control enemies.

Fanatic Spirits
SPOILER!
Buff party before triggering fight. These 2 Fanatic Spirits have different resistances, maybe unintended? Anyway, Spirit guardian for Bell is vulnerable for Piercing damage type but will need +3 or better weapons to hit. Don’t have many piercing weapons, so I use Enchanted Weapon spells to create few +3 short swords.

Pai´Na
SPOILER!
This fight there is Web and many Spiders. Total of 20 Sword Spiders, 2 Spirit Spiders, 1 Killer Spider and Spider bitch Pai´Na at the start of fight. 2 Killer Spiders and 4 Lesser Spirit Spiders will spawn if we keep Pai´Na alive. To take care horde of Sword Spiders we can use AoE spells like fireball, emotion or such, most spells works. I used 1 Death Spell. When Sword Spiders done, we can focus Pai´Na by using melee. Breach her should speed up progress tiny bit, but if your team has many attacks per round then breach not even needed. Use Free Action/Potion of Freedom to prevent getting Webbed.

Spider Queen
SPOILER!
So many spiders in this encounter. Tried to count all and got 78 if let them spawn. Too many spiders to count numbers of each individual types, but there is Whisper Spiders, Lesser Spirit Spiders, Spirit Spiders, Killer Spiders, at least 3 Ghost Spiders and Spider Queen. Full buff before entering location. Then focus spiders 1 by 1. Characters with +4 weapons focus on the queen, rest characters should focus Whisper first then Ghost and then rest spiders.

Cowled Enforcers
SPOILER!
4 enemy spellcasters. There are many ways to beat this fight. Power Word Silence/Stun/Dead works vs Hooded Man 2. Hooded Man 1 and Woman 2 we need to use Ruby Ray of Reversal and then Power Word Silence/Stun. Remove Magic/Dispel works vs Woman2 if you have caster at lvl17 or higher. Greater Malison + Emotion works too. Best thing I found is Creeping Doom, it totally prevents enemies to cast spells and even kill some of them and then use melee.

Zallanora
SPOILER!
This fight not easy and need very precise timings. This fight there is 6 enemy casters: Zallanora, Khollynnus Paac, Cowled Enforcer and 2 or 3 Cowled Wizards (Woman & 1 or 2 Hooded Men) at beginning. Then there is 1 or 2 Coin Golems and Fallen Planetar and Hakeashar summons at the first rounds. More Coin Golems and Cowled Wizards keep spawning if fight goes longer. Atleast 11 Coin Golems and infinite number of Cowled Wizards will spawn if Zallanora kept alive. These Cowled Wizard/Coin Golems not dropping any loot or exp. Order of spells casted by enemies depend lot on situation and our characters positions and protections. Zallanora and Khollynnus are so packed together that if we approach one of them then both are so close that it will has high chance to trigger to cast their PfMW/AI. If they do cast then we need to wait 4rounds. What I did was prepared 4 Creeping Doom, full buffed party and carefully check when Khollynnus and Zallanora start casting and then approach them from opposite sides. Managed to bring them down fast right after they started casting. Then cleared rest of enemies. I took bit damage from 1 ADHW spell, should have casted PfME for all chars.

Nevaziah
SPOILER!
Lich cast PfMW right at the initial buff and we cannot breach him, Immune vs normal weapons and spells level 5 and lower. So we need to initiate fight, back away for 4rounds then let lich start casting and rush in. We need to cast PfME to counter ADHW for all characters. Slashing and Piercing damage types work and Gnasher Club also deal nice cumulative damage.

Steam Elemental Prince
SPOILER!
We should protect ourselves with Protection from Fire and Protection from Electricity spells, potions and scrolls also works. If we are immune to all enemy´s spells, then he won’t waste rounds to cast those. To damage Elemental we need +4 weapons or better, which we have only few and he is too dangerous on melee. One disadvantage Elemental has is that he is too fat to pass on doorways. We start fight with 4x Lower Resistance spell. After that we will do Acid and Ice elemental spells to damage on him. He got very high hp regeneration. I used Spell Sequencers to stack as many Ice Storms and Acid arrows as possible.

Noble Marilith
SPOILER!
1 Noble Marilith and 2 Abyssal Escort in this fight. They are counted as Demonic Creatures. They have high HP regeneration. Enemies start with PfMW and are immune to non-magical weapons, so we can either wait 4 rounds or remove their protections. We can use 2 Secret Word and 1 Breach to remove protections. I used Spell Trigger we can prepare all those in 1 spell. After protections removed, I rushed in with melee and focused them 1 by 1. They died fast, but if they manage cast PfMW, then I have Breach ready for them. Also Buff party before encounter.

Troll King & Troll Queen
SPOILER!
At first we need +4 weapons and second we must timing our kill Queen& King as simultaneously as possible to prevent spawning of Vengeance Trolls. Total of 15 Vengeance Trolls will spawn if King or Queen is alive and one of them is killed. Those are nice experience 7500exp/kill. It is possible to milk out all possible experience, but very risky. Buff Party before entering. I Prepared 12 Sun Fires on Spell Trigger spells. I start fight by casting Creeping Doom and rush in on the middle. First round I cast 2x Ruby Ray of Reversal and 1 Breach to remove Queen´s protections. I used Ring of Ram to interrupt her first spell. On Second Round trolls are nicely stacked on middle, I release Sun Fires. Same time I use Divine casters to cast Fire Storm on middle. Then +4 Weapon holders focusing on Queen and rest will focus on Noble Trolls. After a round only King alive, Vengeance Trolls start spawning. I cast ADHWs and few extra Fire Storms on myself. Then I also protect myself with PfMW. If I get too much Strength Drain I will use low level dispel magic to remove effect. After few rounds, no more Vengeance Trolls spawning, so I focus the King. Then I use my +3 weapon holders to cast some Breach Spells on King in advance just in case he cast Hardiness.

Wind Master
SPOILER!
Wind Master has nasty ability that dispel our protections, but there is a way to prevent it. Stay out off line of sight when ability takes effect and there is few corners and doorways to take advantage. Wind Master has really high resistance vs weapons, so we preferable to use magic to kill it. Start fight with 4x Lower Resistances and then use Acid/Fire spells to kill it. I casted really many Death Fogs in advance and had one character initiating fight and keeping the enemy busy. Had 100% Acid resistance.

Firkraag
SPOILER!
Second Dragon on this manual and this one is quite potent. We need to reduce Dragons hp to 1 multiple times. First and second time hp is 1, He will cast full Heal and cannot be damaged. First 3 Skeleton Warlords will spawn when Dragon take damage, another 3 spawn when Dragon´s hp at 1 and last 3 Skeleton will spawn when hp at 1 second time. After this Firkraag is killable. My plan is to full buff party, surround Firkraag and just use melee. Dragon will be busy casting heal/PfMW. If PfMW casted, then I switch to normal weapons. I try to avoid Greater Silence at all cost, if I see dragon start casting it, then I pull back with character. Skeleton Warlords need +3 or better weapons to hit. If my character getting agro too many skeletons, then I just make moving maneuver, so skeletons spend their time on moving instead of attacking. First, I kill the Dragon, then focus Skeletons. If party is not so melee focused, then use of summons will be helpful.

Theshal
SPOILER!
This fight there is many enemies, but most dangerous are Theshal, 3 Skeleton Grandlords and Shade lich. If Theshal stay alive, then up to at least 4 Bone Devil can spawn. Cast Resist fear to protect vs Bone Devils Horror Spell. We going to need +4 weapons to kill Skeleton Grandlords, but luckily, we have few. Disrupt Undead (Level 7 Wizard Spell) also works. Only left entrance is working for getting inside location. So First thing to do is to kill 3 minor enemies on sight, then I prepare for the bigger fight. On first round I will Disrupt Theshal casting by using Ring of The Ram (not always works) and then Breach on him. I will start main fight by checking that Shade Lich has spawned and then I will cast 4 Fire Storms + 3 Incendiary Clouds on the ramp. This point everything will rush on us. Lich will be dead soon for Fire Storms and we just need to use melee to focus rest enemies. Reapplying stoneskin when needed. PfME is important to counter Shade Lich ADHW Contingency, which will trigger at <50% hp when new round begin.

Kangaxx The Lich Quest + City Gate´s Lich
SPOILER!
This quest we need to collect golden body part and resurrect Kangaxx. These Improved encounters are listed separately in Readme, but I will connect these lich encounters for this manual, because very similar encounters and Lich is Lich. There are many types of Liches we need to kill in order to get all the parts required and then lastly kill Kangaxx and Demilich. I started with Shade Lich in Temple Sewer area. Just many Fire Storm and Incendiary Clouds and he died in 2 rounds. Next Elemental Lich, which is very similar as Shade Lich, but it has all elemental resistances. There are few ways to beat him: Wait until 5round and let it start spell cast and rush in or Disrupt Undead spell. I used the later one 6 times and Lich died. He prioritizes Ruby Ray of Reversal spell over other spells, when I have Immunity Abjuration spell active, so just reapply protection each time it gets removed and then strike with melee at round 5. Protection from Fire spell is important to protect against Red Fire Shield. Next, Grave Lich is even stronger than Elemental Lich. We can use same tactic as previous Lich, but we need few more Disrupt Undead spells. This fight we need to cast PfMW, because Lich will use melee and then Ice elemental damage will disrupt our spell casting, even if we have 100% resistance. PfME to protect against ADHW Trigger. Next lich is Kangaxx. We can either use high level spells to kill him or wait for 5th round until PfMW end and then rush in while he start casting. If that not work, then exhausted all 4 PfMWs. I started fight with Ring of Ram to bash him more down. I had 3 characters ready to cast Disrupt Undead spell on him few times. Also True Sight is important here to remove Mirror Images, because those can avoid DU spell. Also casted Sunray. PfME again important to protect vs ADHW trigger. Then lastly the Demilich, which is very dangerous with his imprisonment spells. To avoid Imprisonment, we can use Spell Immunity Abjuration, Berserker Enrage ability and Barbarian Rage. Then +4 weapon or Daystar to kill him. Protect against fire and acid vs him.

Guildmaster
SPOILER!
This encounter has the greatest number of enemies (swarm) in this manual so far. At the start of fight there is Guildmaster, 2 Coordinators, 2 Master Assassins, 2 Elite Rune Assassins (Invisible) and 10 Rune Assassins. That is just a start, each round Guildmaster and Master Assassins will spawn additional enemies. High number of enemies cause new tactical disadvantage: They can effectively block and separate and surround our characters. Guildmaster can spawn: (Coin Golems, Gem Golems, Rune Assassins and Elite Rune Assassins and Master Assassins). Master Assassins can spawn: (Elite Rune Assassins, Rune Assassins). Quick test shows that at least up to 80 enemies can spawn, maybe even more? Many of these enemies use Poison Weapon, so Green Scroll Protection from Poison is almost must to use here, also Ring of Gaxx gives 100% poison resistance. Good thing is that all enemies drop valuable items and experience. First use AoE spell (ADHW, Fireball, Sunfire etc.) to clear most of enemies. I used Death Beam created by Spell Turning + Agannazar´s Scorcher and sandwiched enemies inside. then focus Coordinators with Piercing/Crushing weapons. Do not let them use remove magic, better to have Immunity Abjuration + Spell Turning active. Reapply protection if need. First round they waste for casting True Sight, if you have Mirror Image active. After that Guildmaster + Master Assassins + their spawns. Use Stoneskins/Ironskins/Mirror Images and PfMW. Creeping Doom have 50% chance to work vs Coordinators.

Ice Golem
SPOILER!
Ice room cause slow effect to all our character every 2 rounds, so we are under constant slow. Unless we have free action active. So, first cast haste/improved Haste on characters, then Free Action. Ice Golem has good HP regeneration and is very tanky, so we need to deal much damage as fast as possible to take him down. Slashing and Crushing damage types seems to work too, but damage is very small. Ray of Fragmentation spell works best. Fire Shield Red does 1 damage to Ice Golem, but If golem hit, then Fire Shield disabled. PfMW works vs both Golems. Lower Resistance not working vs Ice Golem. Spell Immunity Evocation helps vs Freezing Wind. will need Improved Alacrity spell to cast Anti Golem spells faster via Sequencers. When fight starts, I will separate Elemental Golem for left tube (which is open, because no locks mod?) and Golem is unable to open it after I close it. Ice Golem I lure on ice room above with 1 character, I get into position between structures in a way that Golem unable to get into melee range, but he still keep agro. Rest 5 Characters I prepare into same room and start casting Ray of Fragmentations, after that I cast PfMW and proceed into melee. After Ice Golem dealt, I will focus on Elemental Golem. Protect from The Elements spell helps vs elemental damages. What I do, is I milk out 6 Golem Spawns and only after that focus Elemental Golem. PfMW spell helps me to keep alive so long that I get all spawns. Another way is to running around Elemental Golem chasing.

Elite Fire Giant
SPOILER!
Big enemy and high HP + fast regen. Buff party before fight. Fire Shield (Blue) and Acid Shield works nicely. I start fight with 1 character rushing and going into top corner into room where Giant too fat to follow, Giant will keep agro for this 1 character and others 5 characters will have few rounds of free hits. Giant will die really fast with my melee heavy party.

WK2 Steam Elemental Prince
SPOILER!
Another Steam Elemental Prince on this manual. Now we have bit higher levels and have access on level 9 spell Improved Alacrity, so we can launch spells much faster. We should protect ourselves with Protection from Fire and Protection from Electricity spells, potions and scrolls also works. If we are immune to all enemy´s spells, then he won’t waste rounds to cast those. To damage Elemental we need +4 weapons or better, which we have only few and he is too dangerous on melee. One disadvantage Elemental has is that he is too fat to pass on narrow places. We start fight with 1 character running into room and top right into narrow area. Then we cast 4x Lower Resistance spell. After that we can use Acid and Ice elemental type of spells to damage him. For this fight I prepared 24 Acid Arrows with Sequencers and it was enough to kill Elemental.

WK2 Elemental Golem
SPOILER!
Another Elemental Golem. Buff party before fight, Protect from elements is important. Use melee +3 or better weapons. You can deplete 6 Golem spawns if you want more exp/gold. Stoneskin/Ironskins/PfMW helps to stay alive.

Chromatic Demon
SPOILER!
This fight has 5 enemies initially, Chromatic Demon spawn one of these mentioned enemies (Salamander, Mist, Golem) every few (5?) rounds. These additional spawns will not give experience, but amber golem will drop amber chunks. Maximum amount of spawns seems to be unlimited. If fight goes long then Elemental Golem will be spawned in each library, so total of 4 of Elemental Golem, and those will spawn additional Coin/Gem Golems. Again, no exp/loot from these additional spawns. I believe these are planned as some sort of anti-measurements. So, no reason to prolong this fight. Chromatic Demon can take up to 4 different kind of forms (it will change every 4rounds) and each will have bit different elemental resistances and abilities. First form is always Demon (Fire) form. Buff party before fight. Focus minor enemies first, because if we kill demon, then all other will disappear. Power Attack stun effect works vs Demon. Check resistance table for each elemental vulnerabilities. Demon is vulnerable for Feeblemind/Hold Monster/Emotion spells, so after effective hit, it is gg. Versus Salamander, Golem and Mist we need to protect ourselves vs fire, cold, electricity and acid. Demon use Remove Magic at first round, we need to either bait it for 1 char or prevent it from casting it. Use Slashing weapons vs Amber Golem and Mist.

Viper Queen
SPOILER!
This encounter can get out of control, because Cobras will keep spawning unlimitedly (tested that up to at least 80 Cobras spawned), unless we kill the Queen. To prepare this fight we should protect ourselves with Green Scroll Protection from Poison or some other methods. Trick about this fight is Viper Queens really low AC and high HP Regen rate. To hit Queen we need to have HLA Critical Strike or really low THAC0 or just lucky roll on attack. To counter Cloudkill/Death Fog, we can use Zone of Sweet Air spell. Queen is immune for Lower Resistance. Queen seems to be immune for Feeblemind/Emotion/Hold Monster. Use Crushing weapons versus Viper Queen to do most damage.

Hybrid Tiefling
SPOILER!
This room has Wild Magic field, which cause Wild Surge on casted spells. Innate abilities, wands and non-cast item abilities works. I prefer to buff my party on any previous rooms which has no Dead Magic/Wild Magic field. Enter room and first thing to focus is Hybrid Tiefling, because she can use remove magic. After she is done then kill the rest. I used Energy Blades which on 4 characters on this fight.

Tahazzar
SPOILER!
Quite many enemies in this room. Previous room has dead magic zone, which will dispel our buffs. Timing to go through portal in end of round, because miscast magic from dead zone room always last 1round and restart at the start of each round. So, if we go in portal just at the start of round, then we won’t be able to cast anything in almost 6 seconds (until miscast expire). If we keep Tahazzar alive a bit, some more enemies can spawn and those do give experience. This fight not hard, but some enemy spells can cause some problems. Start fight by casting haste/PfMW/Stoneskin/Ironskin or go offensive like ADHW. Quasits can be annoying with their invisibility ability, but AoE damage spells works.

Ka´rashur
SPOILER!
This fight we can prebuff in previous room. Not hard fight, but always better be safe than sorry. Cast Protection from Fire and Electricity and resist fear for whole party. Then regular buffs. Use melee or and AoE damage spells to kill enemies. For most experience, let Ka´rashur live and deplete spawns.

Demon Knights
SPOILER!
Start of fight there is 1 Demon Knight and then 4 more spawns, so total of 5 Demon Knights. Each Demon Knight will randomly take one of the Scripted Demon Knight variation. What actions they take can variate depend on situation, but they have lot of protection removing spells. Hard thing about this fight is their Chain Contingencies: 3x ADHW, because they keep removing our protections. On mages we can use Spell Shield, Spell Turning, Globe of Invulnerability, Spell Immunity Abjurations. But other character need to relay on some trickery to avoid getting breached. One possible way is to chunk Invisibility potion right after Breach is being casted on them or just stay out of range and cast supportive spells/abilities. Buff party in previous room. Protection from Magical Energy is really important here. Demons have quite high Magic Resistance 75, so it will be really lot of effort to beat them with magic. My plan is to kill them with melee 1 by 1 and keep my protections up.

Kua-Toan Prince
SPOILER!
[/spoiler]

Demon Wraith
[spoiler]In this encounter there are 5 Slave Wraith and Demon Wraith. Start of 3th round 5 Skeleton Warlords will spawn. Start of fight we get our protections/buffs dispelled, but there are few exceptions. Giant Strength, Rages, Improved Alacrity, Shield of Archons and Spell Sequencers won´t be dispelled. So with those we can prepare quite nice buffs to be casted really fast. We need to protect ourselves versus level drain. Luckily Rages works and Shield of Archon spell, we can also use Limited wish and ask Protection from Undead if our party not have other means available. First threat is Demon Wraith will cast Remove Magic right at the first round. I found a way to disrupt his casting, Well-timed Gem of Seeing + Ring of Ram. I prepared Spell Trigger (PfMW, PfME, Improved Haste), Spell Trigger (Stoneskin, Ghost Armor, Armor), Minor Sequencer (Blur, Mirror Image), casted non dispel able spells just before entering Portal. Right after Dispel effect hit, I start to cast buffs and interrupted Demon Wraith. Everyone is buffed and protected, I kill Slaves first because those give 10 000 experience if we kill, compared to 5000 experience if we free them. Ruby Ray of Reversal + Breach on Demon Wraith and then kill him with melee. Then kill the skeletons, reapply protections if needed.

Demon Knights Gated by Deck of Many Things
SPOILER!
This fight is very similar as previous Demon Knight encounter. But there is total of 4 Demon Knights. User of the Deck will get dispelled, so that character need to stay away or recast protections. Buff party before triggering encounters, PfME is important vs ADHW. Protection from Elemental also beneficial. Demon Knights will take one of variation randomly and their actions depend on situation, but they have high variety of spells.

Death Shade Gated by Deck of Many Things
SPOILER!
Death Shade is only slightly improved. Buff party before fight and use Crushing damage type. Killing it only gives 20 000 experience, so might be better to draw some other more useful card.

Improved Slavers' HQ (Guarded Compound) Downstairs
SPOILER!
This downstair fight there is 2 Coin Golems, 2 Gem Golems, 2 Skeleton Lord, 3 Ettercaps, 1 Nishruu, 1 Assassin (more will spawn), 2 Djinnis. Amounts might variate a bit. 1 Death spell will take care of all minor enemies. Then only Golems, Assassins and Skeletons left. Buff party before entering compound. Use melee or and Ray of Fragmentations to kill golems.

Improved Slavers' HQ (Guarded Compound) Upstairs
SPOILER!
This fight is hard. There is 1 Coin Golems, 1 Gem Golems, 2 Skeleton Lord, Anaconda, Olaf Rassmusen, Maferan, Stalman, Koshi, Ketta, Assassin and Fallen Deva. When we go upstairs, we will get dispelled at the start of fight. Giant Strength, Tenser´s Partial Transformation, Rages, Improved Alacrity, Shield of Archons and Spell Sequencers won´t be dispelled, so we can use those to prepare nice buffs really fast. There are many problematic things right at us at the beginning. First, we need to apply protection spells, or we will die by enemy melee. Then we also must disrupt Stallman first spell Storm of Vengeance. Sion is also threat because he will breach our protections on second round. We cannot kill him in first 4rounds unless we cast 3x Ruby Ray of reversal and breach on him and then melee. We can choose between 2 stairs to enter. I chose left one because then we are closer to Stalman. I start fight with my hasted chars to rush to kill Stalman. When dispel tick, I apply stoneskin and sequencers. I manage to kill Stalman at first round and prevent him to cast True Seeing/Storm. My mages use RRoR to Sion right after sequencers casted. Then I breach and kill Sion with melee. If he recast Absolute Immunity again, we just need to re-breach him again. Rest of the enemies I used to agro trick. They will agro on the first character they see, so they are chasing my first rushed in character and wasted 3 rounds running south side of the room and back. Meanwhile their spell casters are dead, and I have prepared few powerful summons and casted most buffs. Now It is only matter of easy cleanup using melee. Breach those who cast Hardiness, but if you focus your main damage 1 by 1 enemies then they usually have no time to cast it.

Greater Elemental Golem
SPOILER!
Greater Elemental Golem can spawn up to 9 Golems (Gem/Coin/Amber). He uses Purge Magic every 4rounds. We can only damage him with +4 or better weapons and Elemental Golem also has really high resistances + decent HP regen. Purge Magic won’t dispel: Giant Strength, Tenser´s Partial Transformation, Rages, Improved Alacrity, Shield of Archons and Spell Sequencers. Buff party before fight. Use 1 character to bait Purge Magic on itself and right after it hit, cast PfMW/Spell Trigger that has it. Send 5 other characters into melee right after the first one and try to stay just out of Purge Magic range. This way we can maximize attack effectiveness. Greater Elemental Golem should be killed before round 5. I managed to kill it in second round and only 1 golem spawned. Use Critical Strikes if you have. After GEG dead, clear rest of the golems. Protection from Electricity is important vs Amber Golem.

Ancient Lich
SPOILER!
First encounter from The Four. Ancient Lich is spawning 2 Skeleton Grandlords every 2 rounds. Total of 12 Grandlords can be spawned. Buff party before crossing the corner for enemies. Breach Vampire Lord and focus all character´s melee power to bring him down fast. After that we can retreat a bit and deplete all Skeleton Grandlord spawns or just wait until Lich start casting and then rush to melee and he will die before round end.

Illithid Hideout First Encounter
SPOILER!
This fight there is 4 Skeleton Warlords which spawn on 2round, then there is 2 Fighter, 1 Assassin, 1 Cleric, 1 Mage, 2 Gem Golem, 1 Mind Flayer and 1 Umber Hulk. Buff party before fight. We should focus to disrupt Cleric first spell Storm of Vengeance. Ring of Ram ability works for disrupt spell purposes well. Chaotic Command spell will protect against Mind Flayer ability, but to protect vs Intelligence Drain we need to use PfMW. To kill mage we can wait until he start casting spell and then rush to melee and finish before next round. Just do not kill mage too fast, because then Skeleton Warlords won’t be spawned.

Illithid Hideout Alhoon + Greater Elemental Golem
SPOILER!
This fight there is 3 Mind Flayers, 2 Umber Hulks, 2 Ulitharids, 1 Alhoon and 1 Greater Elemental Golem. Greater Elemental Golem start fight with Purge Magic and he can spawn up to 9 additional Golems. Alhoon keep casting ADHW. Buff party before fight, prepare sequencers and not disable protections. Take Purge Magic on 1 character, which has improved Alacrity. We need to kill Greater Elemental Golem fast (before second Purge Magic). After purge hit, rush to melee for GEG, be sure that all your characters can hit it. After that clear rest of enemies. Alhoon vulnerable after 4rounds. Critical Strikes helps a lot if to kill GEG faster.

Ancient Mage + 2 Elemental Golem
SPOILER!
Buff Party outside. First enemies we meet are Ancient Mage and 2 Greater Bone Golems. There is 2 Elemental Golems upper part of map, which wont agro if we do not show ourself (This should be fixed and probably fixed on newer version). Mage cast Absolute Immunity right away, so we need to use 2x Ruby Ray of Reversals and 1 breach on him and then kill him with melee. Use PfME to protect from ADHW. Mage seems to be immune on most status effects. Greater Bone Golems use Hideous Laugh, we should cast Resist Fear and Chaotic Commands to protect from it. After those are killed, we can proceed much further up and focus on Elemental Golems. We should protect ourselves with Elemental Resistances, PfMW and Stoneskins. If want then you can deplete 12 Golems out of Elemental´s Spawns.

Noble Marilith, Elemental Golem and Noble Rakshasa (Pasha Encounter)
SPOILER!
Many types of different hard enemies on this fight + Pasha NPC, which we need to keep alive. Start of fight we get dispelled by script. Rakshasas very immune to magic and immune to breach. They keep casting Absolute Immunity, so we can only wait. Noble Rakshasa can spawn up to 6 Horrid Rakshasas. Noble Marilith will spawn 2 Abyssal Escorts. Elemental Golem can spawn up to 6 Golems. We need to prepare non-dispel able buffs and sequencers ready. We can lure Pasha away from fight with speed, so she won´t be any immediate danger. We should protect ourselves with PfME, Protection from Electricity if we cannot deal Marilith fast enough. To deal melee damage to Marilith and Escorts we need to use 2x Secret Word/2x Ruby Ray of Reversal + 1 Breach. We can prepare those in Spell Trigger, but I prefer to use Spell Trigger for defensive buffs. Luckily, there is alternative, High level dispel magic. My Cleric just hit level 25, so we can dispel enemies which has level 25 or less = all enemies in this encounter. Mariliths will recast PfMW, so we need to use Breach on them. Another thing we can prepare is cast summons beforehand, summons will soak some enemies attention for while. Fast way to win the fight is to kill boss enemies: Noble Marilith, Noble Rakshasa and Elemental Golem. After they dead fight is over. To make Horrid Rakshasas to waste first round on ADHW, bait them to cast on char which is not protected and while they casting, use trigger for PfME. Immunity Abjuration is also important to protect against enemies Remove Magic. While all this, I try to keep enemies in range of dispel magic and avoid to take it on my own character.

Twisted Rune
SPOILER!
This fight is harder than hell, I am not even supposed to fight this fight at chapter 3. The only one positive thing about this fight that there are only 5 enemies. Unprepared I literally died in 1round. Greater Twisted Golems/Twisted Golems will start spawning regularly when some x rounds has passed (unsure about these, because they only appear when I tested stuff and cheated in fight). I prepared 1x Chain Contingency (2x RRoR & 1 Breach), too bad I learned that breach projectile speed faster than RRoR, so it was not effective. Then my mages had Spell Trigger (Improved Haste, Protect from Magical Energy, PfMW). Then I prepared most powerful summons. Heavy pre-buffs for this fight mandatory. Protection from Magical Energy to counter ADHWs and some sort of Protection from level Drain is needed. First thing to do in this fight is to use Ring of Ram on Shangalar while still he is in middle. Projective will follow him and push him inside left room where he stay stucked behind door. Then my party rush to top right corner and wait until enemies appear. Right away at start use breach on vampire Shyressa and same time detect invisible, so Layene will be revealed. Keep 1 mage (most useless) in range of Vaxall, so it will get hit by Improved Anti-Magic Ray. When Anti-Magic Ray connect, use Spell Trigger to regain buffs. At the Same time Kill Shyressa with heavy focus fire at first round on the right side of map. After Shyressa dealt move characters around Layene and use Chain Contingency (2x RRoR) + cast 1 breach on her. When Breach connect, use all your melee power on her. While she is killed once, there time until start of next round until she revives. If it is possible to use that time for attacking someone else nearby, then do it. When Layene is revived, use all your melee power on her again and she will die really quickly. Next thing is to deal with Revanek, he will die very easily on melee focus fire. After this, surround Vaxall and use your melee power to kill him, but he is tanky to kill so it takes couple of rounds. Critical Strike will help, but I have only 1. Gnasher Club worked perfectly vs Vaxall. If new Improved Anti-Magic Ray hit, then use Spell Trigger. Protect from elements helps a bit vs damage he dealing. 50% hp, he trigger 3x ADHW, so be sure to have PfME active on all characters. After couple of rounds he will die and then we can move to last enemy. Now make sure you have protection from Fire active on all characters, re-buff characters if need. Try to go in on 1 character first and bait Grave Silence. Lich may cast breach/RRoR instead of Silence. After Shangalar wasted silence on 1 character, use PfMWs on mages and rush in on melee. It is good to keep eye on Shagalar PfMW status if it is active or no. While it is active then mages could cast Disrupt Undead spells to deal damage on him.

Orcus
SPOILER!
There is at least 2 ways to clear this encounter. Short way and long way. What I did was short way, because I have melee heavy oriented party, would be even more easy with more Critical Strikes, which I don´t have. This short way to clear focus on killing Orcus before second spawning (Vampires) triggers. Full buff before entering location, use Crushing weapon type to kill 8 Skeleton Grandlord as quickly as possible. Risk Decrement work to deal nice dmg to all skeletons. This next trick is bit cheesy: Right after entering use speak on Orcus and move your characters closer to Skeletons spawns. This time you can also split your cleric away from party, because Orcus will cast Silence on cleric right away. If character getting hit on silence, then they seem to forget agro/not auto agro on next target, so keep eye on attacking status and manually order to attack when need with as little delay as possible. Each moment is crucial. After Skeletons killed, switch for weapons that will deal more damage and start focusing Orcus. Use all your Critical Strikes here and hope to kill before Vampires triggered. If you must fight longer fight, then prepare more waves of enemies:
2.wave: 5 Vampire Bride, 4 Eminent vampire, 2master vampire
3.wave: 5 Skeleton Lords
4.wave: 5 Skeleton Lords
5.wave: 5 Skeleton Lords
And addition to this that if your character cross line of eyes to lower part of room, then few more vampires keep spawning there infinitely as long as Orcus is alive. Summons can be prepared into this location beforehand if you enter without Daystar. For longer fight it is must to protect from level drain. Limited wish works well, but duration is short. Also Orcus keep casting RRoR, Breach and remove magics and if your character get silenced then it is not possible to recast protections. Amulet of Hades protect vs Silence, also Auramaster immune. Re-Equip amulet trick can be used to trigger Orcus waste rounds on casting ineffective silence on character. Few more things about Orcus, he is unbreachable and he does cast many Stoneskins and PfMWs if we let him.

Supreme Golem
SPOILER!
Supreme Golem can spawn up to 6 Elemental Golems, which can spawn up to 36 Coin/Gem Golems. Other than that Supreme Golem use Purge Magic ability once every few 4 rounds, which will dispel buffs. He will use Purge Magic on closest target, so we can use this to bait it only on 1 character. I don’t see anyway how to prolong this fight for extra experience, so my best bet is to focus and kill Supreme Golem as fast as possible. Critical Strikes can help to hit vs his low AC. Second round Golem use nasty Earthquake type of ability (Deaf, Knockdown, Crushing damage), which I did not find perfect way to counter other than keep range. Range seems to be only 15feet. Mirror Image seems to work vs Golems. We can still cast from Sequencers if we get deafness. So prepared PfMW, Improved Haste and Luck on Spell Trigger. My plan is to trigger fight, wait until Purge is casted and run away on that character (Improved Alacrity active helps, items equipped that provide elemental protections). Other characters will rush in on melee on little delay as possible (use Critical Strikes) and get hit be earthquake. It helps to place character near as possible and wide concave formation, so they do not block each others. Dispelled char will cast Protection rom Elements and Spell Trigger/Sequencers then rush to melee. Supreme Golem will die before second Purge Magic. Use +4 or better weapons.

Perth The Adept
SPOILER!
This fight 1 mage and 1 Coin Golem spawn at begin. Up to 3 Coin Golems can spawn if we kept Adept alive long enough. We can wait in distance until mage start cast first spell True Sight and then rush to melee. We got almost 6 seconds time to kill him, before he cast Absolute Immunity. Coin Golems we should use Piercing damage type to kill, but even crushing works. Feeblemind works too, but then we need to do much more effort to remove spell protections and use Lower Resistances and Doom + Greater Malison.

Galvena&Vadek
SPOILER!
There is Vadek mage, Galvena as fighter and then minor enemies Guards will keep spawning from doorway. To kill Vadek we need to use 3x Ruby Ray of Reversal + 1 Breach and then use melee. Galvena will die to any type of attack and minor enemies Guards are no threat.

Dwarf
SPOILER!
This is simple fight. Buff party before fight and use melee.

Portal Guardians
SPOILER!
This fight counted as Highly Improved Spellhold fights due to my character experience is high. Low level character in this fight has much less enemies. Golems are very familiar enemies for us in this part of game. First thing we need to think how to counter Purge Magic from Ice Elemental first round action. We should tank it only on 1 character. Projectile speed is same as hastened character, so we can run path to south and take hit on hit. After that recast buffs from Spell Trigger/sequencers. Minor enemies we can clear using Death Spell. Vs Elemental Golem. We should try to focus our attacks to kill Ice Golem before second Purge Magic (round4). We could use Ray of Fragmentations spells or and melee to kill golem. After that we should Focus Elemental Golem before he spawn more additional Golems. After those 2 dead, then rest are more easily killed. Reapply stoneskins/Ironskin/PfMW when needed. Spell Immunity Evocation or Protection from Cold to counter Freezing Wind.

Ancient Tome
SPOILER!
This fight there is few things to be noted. There is time limit and if rest between waves, then player won´t get full reward. There is total of 11 waves of enemies. To trigger a wave, read tome. Enemies are listed in corresponding order on this manual. We can buff our party beforehand and then trigger each wave 1 by 1, which is the least risk way to do this encounter. Few things to be to counter: Improved Web, so free actions/Potion of Freedom. Protect from elemental types vs elemental golem. Then there are few golems, so Ray of Fragmentations if have many mages in party. What I did was I had my character under Improved Invisibility, then I triggered all the enemies at once. After that I casted Greater Malison. Ghost Spider´s Improved web did webbed most of the enemies and even Coin & Gem Golems, so this fight was really easy. Elemental Golem took bit more attacks to kill. Few AoE dmg spell would have speeded up the killing a bit, if want to use those.

Focused Altar
SPOILER!
This fight there are 2 Kobold Shaman, 1 Kobold Witch Doctor, 3 Guardian Spirits and 3 Amber Golems.
Main theme of fight is Lightning, so protection from Lightning is very important. First, we should focus to kill Witch Doctor before he cast too many spells. Rush on melee and Dispel/Remove Magic also works. Haven´t find good way to protect vs Electrical Discharger lowering resist effect. But vs Amber Golem we should use Slashing damage, Skeleton summons and Mordekainen´s Swords works. Buff party before fight and reapply stoneskin/ironskin/PfMW when need. Ray of Fragmentation works in to deal damage in distance to Amber Golems, so Discharge won´t take effect.

Cat O'Nine Lives & Librarian
SPOILER!
Cat O´Nine Lives got 9 lives, so we need to kill him 9times. Each time he gets more resistant form. Gnasher Club and Death of A Thousands Cuts works really nice vs Cat. After Cat is dealt, Lich Librarian will spawn with bookworms. 8 Booksworms will turn into 4 Skeleton Lord and 4 Greater Wolfwere. Coin Golem at beginning we should use piercing damage if we can if not then crushing also works. Cat is vulnerable just for raw melee power. Lich´s initial buffs have PfMW, so we need to hold on until it expire, stay in distance and wait until he start cast spell and then rush to melee. We can also cast Disrupt Undead, but Librarian is quite tanky 200hp. This fight takes quite a bit time, so recast buffs during fight.

Vampire Lord
SPOILER!
We should protect our party vs level drain. Pre-buff party before fight. First thing to do in this fight is to use Breach on Vampire Lord. Then use melee to kill him. Vampire got extremely fast HP regen and quite low AC, so use Critical Strikes if have. Disrupt Undead spell works too, but that is so slow to cast that HP regen will neglect it. Magic can work too, but target got high Magic Resist and immune to Lower Resistance. Heavy melee focus will do the job.

Skeleton Warlord Army
SPOILER!
Depend on your party size, there can be even 24 Skeleton Warlords. Crushing damage works best. We need to use low AC, Stoneskins/Ironskins/PfMWs. Wondrous Recall helps to gain more Ironskins and limited wish spell refresh spell. I did solo this with my Ranger/Cleric character, just stack up AC and protection vs slashing damage. Casted Ironskins in advance, before it ripped off. Fight took bit time, but was quite safe to fight on doorway to minimize number of enemy attacks. Number of Skeleton spawns is limited to 8 in newest version.

3 Coin Golem (Gesen Bow String)
SPOILER!
There is 3 Coin Golems in this fight. Again, use piercing damage type if you can, if not then crushing also works. Buff party before fight. Ray of Fragmentation does also work nicely.

Mithril Golem
SPOILER!
This enemy is really tanky and it has slow HP regen. Lower Resistance does works, but he is immune on all elemental and magical damage. Greater Malison to lower target saves vs Death, so Death of a Thousands Cuts will cause more bleeding effects. Tank Initial Golem Slow only on 1 character. Free Action might protect vs Golem Slow, have not tested. When fighting and character get combat protection dispelled, recast Stoneskin/PfMW/Ironskin. Globe of Blades also does damage to Golem. Summons can be used to soak some attacks and even deal small damage.

Lonk the Sane
SPOILER!
This is only 1 mage. We can just mash him using melee + protection from Fire for all characters. Other way to beat him is 1x Ruby Ray of Reversal and then breach him + melee. Either way this is easy fight. Remember to use PfME.

Jon Irenicus (Short)
Jon Irenicus (Long)
SPOILER!
This fight is climax of Spellhold. Jon as powerful mage, Spawned Clones (as many as player character), 6 Asylum Scouts (right at start) and then bunch of allied mages. Jon start with high number of buffs and we cannot breach him, because not possible to target invisible targets. We cannot dispel, because not high enough dispel magic. Fight will be over when Jon dies (1hp). More and more Asylum Scouts will keep spawning in rapid rate and killing those won´t even give exp/loot. At least up to 18 Asylum Scouts can spawn. Might be best way just to focus on killing Jon as fast as possible. We can make Jon stuck inside glass tank using Ring of Ram and then deal with all the golems. After Golems dealt, most of Jon´s spells are expired, and he is easy to kill. To tank Golems, we should use Ironskin/Stoneskin/PfMWs and use doorway which we can bash open and create concave on other side, so you can maximize your attack and minimize number of golem that can attack. You know the drill, but 2-handed weapons got better distance and Golems attack can only attack same distance as 1-handed weapons. Use Crushing damage types and +3 weapons to kill Golems. Luckily for us, there is alternative way to beat this fight in under 1second. Prepare 12 Sunfires on Spell Trigger and launch those right away when fight start, be sure all mages have same casting speed to sync this. Risk Decrement also works to deal damage fast. Then we also need to cast PfME to counter ADHW and Protection from Lightning to counter Chain Lightning.

Yuan Ti Mage (Prophecy Verification)
SPOILER!
This fight is 1v1. If you have Remove Magic/Dispel Magic on you protagonist, then use it to remove target protections. Then use melee or magic to kill. If you cannot use dispels then protect yourself with fire protection before attacking on melee. Many ways to fight depend on your character abilities. Maybe few nice summons will help you.

Prince Villynaty
SPOILER!
This fight we need to kill 3 waves of Sea Vipers (total of 12 Vipers), before we can deal damage to Prince. There is also 2 Rebel Mages and 1 Sahuagin Chieftain. We should focus Rebels first, because they can cast remove magic and spells. We can either bash trough their stoneskin or cast 2x RRoR + 1 Breach and then melee them. After that focus on Sea Vipers, because we cannot do damage to Prince. Depend how fast you can kill those snakes, but you might need to wait for spawns. Lastly kill the Prince. Not 100% sure which way best to do this quest, but how I did: First did quest for Prince and killed the mad King, after that I killed the Prince and I got most exp and both of their rewards.

First Drow Ambush
SPOILER!
This is first Drow ambush fight. There is 1 Priest , 2 Mages, 3 Drow Warrios, 2 Ghost Spider, 2 Spirit Spiders, 2 Whisper Spider, 2 Killer Spider and 2 Lesser Spirit Spiders. Spiders will cast 2x Improved Web Right away, so we should trigger those with 1 character and choose battleground in away from webs. Or have Free Action on all your characters. We should try to focus Drow Mages as fast as possible, because they can remove our protections. Ghost Spiders and Whisper Spiders are also big threat because they can dispel protections on hit. We can use Remove Magic (lvl 18 or higher) to remove lot of enemies buffs. We can use Sunfires to deal lot of AoE fire damage most of enemies. Mages and Priest will cast True Sight as first spell, so we can just disrupt all of them with any AoE damage spell. I used Breathe Acid from The Visage. If mages manage to cast PfMW, then we need to use 2x Ruby Ray and 1xBreach or wait 4 rounds.

Raevilin Strathi
SPOILER!
This fight only one mage as “enemy”. To kill him we can just attack after he start casting first spell. But to get most reward from this encounter, first we should heal him, get rewards and then kill him after tongue.gif. To start fight have atleat 1 character with Mirror Image casted, so enemy start casting True Sight. Then use 1x Ruby Ray of Reversal + 1 Breach on target. Surround the mage and use Heal spell on him. Quest done and enemy turned into neutral. Now enemy surrounded and cannot get away for a while, use melee to kill him.

Alchra Diagott
SPOILER!
This Lich is very typical Lich. Protect character with PfME to counter ADHW. There is few ways to beat this very easily. We can wait until initial PfMW expires and wait until Lich start casting next spell and then just rush to melee. Be sure to have Protection From Fire to counter Red Fire Shield. Another way is to cast 4x Disrupt Undead spells to kill Lich right away. But before you cast it, make sure you have removed Lich´s Mirror Images, because those can drain the spell.

Balor
SPOILER!
Balor start fight with Finger of Death Trigger. So use Death Ward to prevent instant dying or tank it with character with stacked saves vs death. Then there will be Remove Magic on first round, so Immunity Abjuration/(20+)Higher level buffs counter it. If must, tank Remove Magic only on 1 character. Protection from Fire helps versus Balor´s fire spells. To remove Balors protections, we need to use 1x Ruby Ray of Reversal and 1x Breach.

Vithal
SPOILER!
We can buff our party beforehand. To remove Vithal´s protections we can cast 2x Ruby Ray of Reversal and 1x Breach. After that wait until Vithal cast spell and rush to melee or use melee right away when Breach connect.

Second Drow Ambush
SPOILER!
This is second Drow ambush fight. Difference is that location is a narrow bridge and there are males and less enemies. And most major difference is Scripted Dispel Magic right at the start of fight. There is 1 Priest, 1 Mages, 3 Drow Fighters, 1 Ghost Spider, 1 Spirit Spider, 1 Whisper Spider, 1 Killer Spider and 1 Lesser Spirit Spider. Cast Non-dispelable buffs before fight and prepare Spell Trigger & Spell Sequencers with defensive buffs (Improved Haste, PfMW, Stoneskin). We can trigger fight on 1 character while rest are staying far away in south. When retreating I get few extra rounds of time to cast spells. Be sure to use Free Action for those character that will be used in area of effect of Improved Web. Spell Immunity Abjuration again useful spell vs Breach/Remove Magics.

Duelling Mages in the Tavern in Ust Natha
SPOILER!
We need to fight 3 Mage Duels. Many ways to beat these, depend on your mage and spells and abilities. First fight I cast True Sight and then bash the mage with melee. Second Mage use Dispel Magic/Remove Magic and then melee. It is good idea to use Shield of Harmony to counter enemy spells. I use Breach when enemy Stoneskin triggers. Third Mage we can beat same was as second: Dispel Magic/Remove Magic and then melee.

N'ashtar and Party
SPOILER!
Many enemies in this fight. Pre-buff party before entering fight. We can use Death Spell to get rid off small shits. Vs Cleric we can use 1x Breach to remove spells. Versus Mage we need to use 3x Ruby Ray of Reversal and 1x Breach. Or just bash through the Stoneskin with high number of attacks, buff if we do that we should protect ourselves with Protection from Cold spell. Cast PfME to counter ADHW.

Kua-Toan Prince
SPOILER!
Fight against lizard people. Buff party before fight. Prince cannot be killed if other enemies still alive. At start of fight we can use High level Dispel Magic to remove lot of enemies’ buffs or just Breach on Prince and Priest and 2x Ruby Ray of Reversal + 1 Breach on Wizard. Kua-Toans are quite tanky in terms of melee so fight takes bit time. Prepare to have lot of stoneskins, Ironskins, PfMWs. Protection from Fire helps vs Enemies Fire Spells. Immunity Abjuration counter Wizard´s Breach.

Deirex
SPOILER!
Fight is very similar fight as versus Shade Liches. There are few ways to beat this easily. We can either wait until 5th round and let Deirex to start spell casting and then rush to melee. We can also use Ruby Ray of Reversal to remove Immunity Necromancy and then use Disrupt Undead, but for this we also should use True Sight and Protection from Fire to counter Fire Shield. Another way is to use high level fire magic like Fire Storms, Incendiary Clouds. We can force Deirex to spend his rounds on casting Ruby Ray of Reversals by having Immunity Abjuration constantly active. Protect from Magical Energy to counter ADHW just in case it happens to triggers.

The Mystery of the Third Color
SPOILER!
This fight is simple straight forward melee encounter. There is 5 Skeleton Lords. Just pre-buff characters and prepare Stoneskins/Ironskins/PfMWs spells. For the quest, we need to know Boy´s real name to cure him from stoned status. Real name his Sister told us before, can you remember it?

Noble Efreeti
SPOILER!
Noble Efreeti is immune to Breach, so we cannot remove PfMW buff. Lower Resistance does work though. To remove Spell Turning we can use Ruby Ray of Reversal. So with melee we can either use Normal Weapons + Protection from Fire to kill Efreeti or just wait until PfMW expires. We can also use Electric and Cold Spells to kill Efreeti. I used 12 Lightning Bolts right after 2x Lower Resistance and 1x Ruby Ray of Reversal connected. Fight was over in few seconds.

Jae'llat's House
SPOILER!
This encounter there are quite many enemies. There are 13 Guards, 3 Jae’llat family member and few Spiders. Buff party before encounter. Use Breach on Clerics and Fighter to remove their buffs. Other than that, use melee or AoE damage dealing spells that goes through high Magic Resistance (Sunfires etc.).

Elder Orb
SPOILER!
This encounter we will get hit by Improved Anti-Magic Ray which dispel target and cause miscast. Target that got miscast still can use Spell Triggers. We should keep up PfME for all character. Buff party before encounter. We should use 3x Ruby Ray of Reversal + 1x Breach on Elder Orb. When it cast Absolute Immunity, we should use breach.

Ancient Golem
SPOILER!
This fight we get Purge Magic right at beginning. We should tank this Purge Magic only on 1 character. After it hit, we can use Spell Trigger to reapply buffs (PfMW, Improved Haste, +anything else). Critical Strike helps to hit vs Golem low AC. If character cannot protect itself with PfMW, then use Elemental Protection Spells. Magic damage works, but Golem is Immune to Lower Resistance.

Dracolich
SPOILER!
Dracolich is very dangerous enemy. When we enter location, we get dispelled by script. We can cast non-dispellable buffs in previous location, but fight is so long that those would expire when actual clash happens. Enemy as a lich we cannot breach him. High level dispel magic does work. Greater Silence does cause lot of problems, but we can bait it only on 1 character by de/re-equip Amulet that gives immunity for silence. Summons also work somewhat to distract and then Dragonlich will spend time to cast Death Spells on them. First things I do when I enter: Cast Death Ward on my protagonist, Cast 4 Planetars and buff my protagonist with Globe of Invulnerability + Spell Immunity Abjuration + (Spell Shield if got time.) My plan is to exhaust all Dracolich´s Ruby Ray of Reversal spells, so in the end part of fight my mages have no way to be debuffed. Then I use summons to distract the enemy and my high level cleric will cast Dispel Magic (out of enemy range) on every round. Dracolich got a lot of PfMW, which he will cast without delays. Zone of Sweet Air helps to clear Death Fog spell clouds. When all PfMW & RRoR exhausted, I do buff my characters a bit (Improved Haste, Stoneskin, etc.) and Immunity Abjuration and then I rush to melee to make the killing blow. Basically, I need only 2 characters to win this fight: Fast casting mage and high-level cleric and help of summons. Without high level dispel caster this fight will takes ages and risks grows.

Demogorgon's Temple
SPOILER!
This fight there are total of 5 Demon Knights. Very similar fight as in Watcher Keep vs Demon Knights. Each Demon Knight will randomly take one of the Scripted Demon Knight variation. What actions they take can variate depend on situation, but they have lot of protection removing spells. Hard thing about this fight is their Chain Contingencies: 3x ADHW, because they keep removing our protections. On mages we can use Spell Shield, Spell Turning, Globe of Invulnerability, Spell Immunity Abjurations. But other character need to relay on some trickery to avoid getting breached. One possible way is to chunk Invisibility potion right after Breach is being casted on them or just stay out of range and cast supportive spells/abilities. Buff party in previous room. Protection from Magical Energy is really important here. Demons have quite high Magic Resistance 75, so it will be really lot of effort to beat them with magic. My plan is to split my team in 2 teams of 3 character and use focus fire to kill Demons and same time keeping my protections up. If want to breach Demons, it requires quite a bit too much work to cast 2x RRoR and then Breach. Much easier to smash them using focus fire.

Insane Dwarf Warrior
SPOILER!
This fight only 1 easy melee enemy. Pre-buff party and open coffin. Use 2handed weapons on some of characters, so all can fit to hit target. Use Breach to remove Hardiness, if Dwarf managed to active it.

The Master Brain
SPOILER!
New enemies in this encounter. The Master Brain and Brain Golems. Start of fight there is The Master Brain, 1 Elemental Golem, 3 Brain Golems, 1 Mind Flayer, 1 Ulitharid and 1 Umberhulk. Master Brain will spawn more Brain Golems infinitely. Brain Golems are vulnerable for Crushing Damage type and gives no loot/exp when killed. Master Brain cannot be killed if Elemental Golem is alive. Master Brain use Purge Magic once every (5round?). Master Brain has one severe weakness, it has no legs! So we can change our battleground above the brain tank and we don’t need to worry about Purge Magic anymore. After Elemental golem killed above, we can bait Purge Magic on 1 character only and then command everyone to rush to melee The Master Brain.

Kruin
SPOILER!
This encounter we can make super easy by separating Kruin from others. So it will be my whole team versus Kruin and second fight vs 2 Elemental Golems + small shits. Anti-Paladin actually dangerous enemy, because he can dispel on hit. Kruin waste his turns on casting spell protection removal spells. We should use High level Dispel Magic on Kruin and then Ruby Ray of Reversal to remove Spell Shield(if it ever gets triggered) and then breach + melee and he is dead in no time.

Assassinators in Warehouse
SPOILER!
This fight many humanoid enemies and most are high level fighters. Total of 2 Prime Assassinators, Valeria, Falahar, Exterminator, Cleric Pitre and Mage Dracandros. There will be scripted Greater Restoration by Cleric at the end of first round, before that enemies cannot be killed. We should disrupt Pitre´s first spell Storm of Vengeance, I used Ring of Ram. When Greater Restoration kicks in, I start by killing Assassinators and Falahar first. We should use 1x Breach on Falahar to remove Hardiness. After that Focus on Pitre and then the mage Dracandros. Try to get close to mage only after she started casting, so we can have end of that round time to kill her. If mage manage to PfMW, then we need to use 2x Ruby Ray of Reversal + 1x Breach on her. After mage, there will be 2 ranged enemies to kill with melee. We can keep Dracandros busy by keeping Spell Immunity Abjuration up, she will waste her rounds on casting RRoRs.

SPOILER!
Only 1 enemy fighter in this encounter. He is really touch and hardest thing is his dispelling hits. Good things is he cannot hit if we use PfMW. His successful attacks also cause Chain Lightning, so protection from Lightning is important. Slashing Damage Type works best vs him. Buff party before fight and use melee. He is immune to magic and lower resistance. Critical Strikes helps to deal some more damage on him.

Limak The Mastermind
SPOILER!
Limak is godlike individual + there will be 2 Amber Golem. Limas has very low AC, that most of our melee hits will not hit the target. Critical Strikes does helps a lot and buffs like bless, chant, aid, high ST and high DX and tenser´s tranformation spell. Then Limak keep casting PfMW. There is at least 3 ways to fight this battle, we can either exhaust all Limak´s PfMWs or we can use high level Dispel (level31+) + Breach whenever he recast PfMW or we can focus on all melee power in first round on him when he starts casting. Protect character with Protect from Magical Energy to counter ADHW and Protection from Electricity to counter Chain Lightning + Amber Golems. Amber Golem vulnerable for Slashing damage.

Story of The Old Ones
SPOILER!
This fight, there is total of 3 Grave Liches. Good thing we have The Old One mage on our side. This fight is designed for high level single class necromancer, which can cast Improved Alacrity and I cannot. I don’t mind much about The Old One, he does his own things. My plan is to pre-buff my character to resist cold/fire/magic damage + improved haste. I use Hesperus on main hand and Crom Fayer on second hand to give me 25 strength. I attempt to deal melee damage every 4round when Liches PfMW expire (keep listening the “wind” sound). Right at the first round I interrupt Liches True Sight spell using Horn of Blasting, they do not have more than 1 True Sight. Then I retreat a bit to get enough time to cast PfMW (I cast this by Spell Trigger). Then I got 2 more rounds, I choose to use summon devices for Greater Djinni and Noble Spider. Now It is time to kill first Lich, I use Critical Strike right away when heard “wind” sound and strike down first Lich. Now I have revealed myself and Liches can start casting Ruby Ray of Reversal on me, I try to keep up my Immunity Abjuration by casting Spell Turning and Globe of Invulnerability when those get removed. Note also that if things going bad and I am getting dispelled/breached, I also have weapon Poseidon´s Wrath to give me 100% protection from ADHW. Liches will trigger 3x ADHW, when hp below 50% at the start of round. One thing about Stellar Gravestones, I can keep dodging those if my character is hasted and on the move. My Noble Spider managed to dodge few. 8th round, I again use Critical Strike and attacking Lich, not able to kill. While PfMW active I can also use Disrupt Undead spell on Liches (Deals small dmg), I should make sure have Absolute Immunity/PfMW active, so they cannot interrupt my spell casting and meanwhile also keep up my spell protections. Continue few more rounds and Liches are dead.

Ancient Priest
SPOILER!
Start of fight there is 2 Skeleton Lords and Ancient Priest who is Skeleton Fighter/Cleric. Ancient Priest keep summoning Skeleton Warriors (Weak ones). Long as Priest is alive Skeleton Warlords keep spawning (scripted) 2 per every 1round until total of 12 are spawned. Each Skeleton Warlords does gives exp, so it is good idea to deplete spawns. We should use Breach/Remove Magic on Priest. Crushing damage works best vs all these skeletons. Disrupt Undead spell works vs Priest, but melee much better.

Grandfather of Rune Assassins
SPOILER!
This encounter very similar as in Firkraag´s lair Rune Assassin´s Hideout, but even more enemies. This fight might have most single enemies in one encounter in whole game. Fight start with Grandfather, 1 Coordinator and 9 Master Assassins. Grandfather will spawn 1 additional Coordinator on start of round 2, so do not kill Grandfather too fast if you want additional Coorinator spawn. Master Assassins can spawn more Rune Assassins and Elite Rune Assassins. Spawns are not infinite, but high in number. Total of spawns is exactly 117, so 118 enemies total. We can fight this in short way or in long way. If we exhaust all spawns, total experience gain will be very high. Pre-buff characters before fight, protection from Poison is highly needed. We can also prepare few summons ready on the map. First thing we should focus to kill 2 Coordinators, because those can remove our buffs/protections. Use Crushing/Piercing damage types + Remove Magic to deal with those fast. AoE dmg dealing spells (ADHW) helps a lot to deal minor enemies . Grandfather we should breach if he uses Hardiness. Just for statistics if exhaust all spawns: Exp gain = 1 156 500. If all loot is sold then money gain = 290 443.

Green Wyrm
SPOILER!
Green Wyrm is formidable enemy. Greater Doom keep stacking each time it is casted and then Finger of Death become deadly. Use Death Ward to counter Finger of Death. Buff party before fight. To remove Wyrm´s spell protection we should use 2x Ruby Ray of Reversals (I prepare these on Chain Contingency). Then we can keep breaching him when he cast PfMW, if we are not silenced. Fight was over in few rounds. When characters get Silenced, they might lose agro on enemy. So might need manual commanding to attack again after silence.

3 Elemental Golems Spawn in WK
SPOILER!
This fight there is 3 Elemental Golems and 2 Greater Bone Golems. Usual stuff, pre-buff before fight and kill golems on melee. Bone Golems need crushing damage to kill. If want to exhaust Elemental Golem spawns, there is 1 easy trick. We can separate and block them by closing doors, they cannot open doors. Start fight to kill Bone Golems, then Focus Elemental Golems 1 by 1. Critical Strikes helps.

Improved Bodhi (Chapter 6)
SPOILER!
Start of fight there are 2 Vampire Bride, 1 Eminent Vampire, 1 Master Vampire, 3 Grimwarder and Bodhi. Then right away 3 Fledgling Vampires and 2 Skeleton Grandlords will spawn. Total of 6 Skeleton Grandlords will spawn after some rounds. Buff party before fight, protection from level drain is important.
critto
Good luck! FYI, grandmastery is built into the core mod, there isn't any real reason to install it separately.
Dequ
Update a bit my journal and IA enemy manual also added.

Tried few fights:
Party really low levels still. Havent done vanilla quests other than circus.
Lilarcor fight right after Copper Coronet, but no luck there. I need few more better weapons or need to use enchantment spells for +3 weapons. Going to need blunt type vs rats and slashing/piercing vs shadow lover. Doable really soon
Ogre Tower, Could not beat spiders yet. They disable my combat protections on hit and then got webbed. Need better tactic. I dont like to win barely if trying 20 times, preferable to win with good tactics. Maybe potion of freedom would work, but dont have any right now and money situation is not too good early game.

Not sure what to do next.
Maybe will try Chaos (because I have 2 divine casters in party), De Arnise Keep + Torgal or just some vanilla quests to get bit experiece. Umar Hills also possible location to visit.
critto
Enemy Manual is a good initiative, maybe it can grow into a good addendum to the mod.
Dequ
Day3 and 4 added on journal. So far clear fights without any major problems. It does takes bit more time to do actual videos and collect information on Enemy manual than just regular quicker run. But also I think more about how to win fight and need to reload much much less than in previous runs.
Dequ
Day5&6 Added on journal. Pretty smooth fights so far, almost took no dmg at all, but these are "easy" early fights and super strong party. In future I am sure I get into fights that will go bit messy.

Not sure what to do next. Probably just some vanilla quests, because barely have done those at all. Still my mages have not reached lvl 6 spells, I found improved haste and cannot wait until I can use it.
Dequ
Day7&8 Added (easy fights). Did some vanilla quests and mages unlock first level6 spells (have 1 improved Haste now). Next I will try to beat Screaming Statue all waves without delays, party is still quite low levels so this fight might be bit hard.
Dequ
Days 9,10,11 added on journal. Enemy Manual keep growing bigger. No major problems so far, quite fast fights. Next days I probably will do Umar Hills, Windspear Hills and try Zallanora and Troll Mound.
Dequ
Anyone know why Kaol can be targeted with direct spells. He is under improved invisibility + immunity divination? Not gonna do it, but just wondering.

Right now I am trying to find really good tactic to beat Samia´s party. Akae and Chak are vulnerable for Emotion. I tested domination vs those 2, but not affect. Rest of the enemies have really high Magic Resistance and saves. I am going to use 1 of my char to block door on the right vs skeletons. 2 of the enemies(Legdoril & Chak) can cast true seeing at first round, this will reduce effect of my mirror image, unless I interrupt them. Kaol will use scroll of absolute Immunity on first round, if I am near him. I could just melee him right away. I can beat this fight with full buffed party + lucky emotions, but I dont wanna messy fight and can improve tactic much more further than that. Any good tips from our pro players? My party just hit level 13.

Will update journal at weekend when have time to edit videos. Newest progress can be seen in enemy manual, because I update it right away when progressing.
lroumen
I always wait until I have several spell triggers and sequencers to make that fight doable. I have little experience at such 'low' levels.

You can target invisible creatures with scrolls in all cases, is that what you are doing?
SparrowJacek
I usually use 3 tricks.
1. I position my mage with PfMW in the doorway to block skeletons for 4 rounds
2. I move away from Kaol's spawn point and when he starts casting anything (he won't cast AI if you're away from him) I use all my forces to take him down
3. A really cheesy tactic used if I have R/C in my party - I cast creeping doom on one of my charactes and run around until Samia's party spawn, then I let the spell hit me and enemies are affected
Dequ
QUOTE(lroumen @ Jan 21 2021, 09:33 AM) *
You can target invisible creatures with scrolls in all cases, is that what you are doing?

Not scrolls, regular memorized spells. This is why I asked.

Also I found out this when did search:
QUOTE(HTRT @ Feb 3 2019, 03:51 AM) *
By the way Kaol's prebuffing really is problematic. He is not under improved invisibility although he should be (he only has one version of the +4 to saves and he is targettable by spells and not invisible concretely).

Thx for good tips, but no PfMW spells yet, no access on Creeping Doom yet need bit more levels. I just might need to postpone this fight for later.
Dequ
Days 12,13,14 updated. Samia´s party was suprisingly easy after getting effective hit with Greater Malison on Kaol. Conster I found very easy way to beat, I could have just melee him but using feeblemind was even more effective.
Dequ
Quite a bit progress so far. Now added days 15,16,17,18. I had forgot record Gracen fight before, so reloaded save long ago and recorded it today, correct placement for it would be just before Tanova fight. Planar Prison I spent quite a much time testing and checking enemies stats for manual.

Still some things to do. Next probably will do some stronghold quests or some NPCs personal questlines or Planar Sphere.
Also all hard fights still undone.
Dequ
Spider Queen spawns

So questions: Is there some nice ways to milk out all Spider Queen spawns? I just tested that there will be atleast 78 spiders, maybe more? I got some PfMW spells and 26 scrolls (2,2kk exp party right now). I tried to just to kill all but not queen and reapply buffs and drinked some Potion of Freedoms, but it is tedious to continue this fight for really long. Fight is easy and short if I just focus Spider Queen with my few +4 weapons.

Tried also to use PfMW scrolls and gather about 40 spiders, then Greater Malison + 9x sunfire + 3ADHW. Those work somewhat, but hard to apply, because spiders will agro these casters so fast and use nasty abilities. Maybe just soloing those would best option like in Plamen Balev´s video. But for that I need more levels and better weapons.

Also need to upload some videos today or tomorrow, got 20+
lroumen
It's easier to kill the nasty ones when they appear and slowly chip away at the multitude of easy ones. I never went all the way to all the summons. Gets kind of boring and it will take resources if it continues too long, and those resources I would rather use on tougher fights (a few levels down).
Dequ
Now addded about 20 more videos. Fights are getting bit harder now. Some next things to clear: Zallanora, Troll Mound, Firgraak, Guarded Compound, Theshal, Windmaster, Post Firgraak stuff, Expanded mage stronghold stuff. Also all NPC related quest lines not touched yet, might do those before any harder fights to get bit more experience for my party. WK1 Cleared, might try WK2 level. Also Liches not touched yet and Orcus. Got two +4 weapons.
lroumen
For Theshal, there is usually also a lich in that area to the northwest. You can circumvent it from joining the fight and stick to the bottom right to lure Theshal and his minions towards you. Then clear him and his skeletons.

After you got rid of him and his party you will have time to buff up for the lich fight.
Dequ
QUOTE(lroumen @ Feb 14 2021, 03:16 PM) *
For Theshal, there is usually also a lich in that area to the northwest. You can circumvent it from joining the fight and stick to the bottom right to lure Theshal and his minions towards you. Then clear him and his skeletons.

After you got rid of him and his party you will have time to buff up for the lich fight.

Right entrance is not useable (atleast in this version) if enemies are not killed inside first. So had to use left entrance and agroead all enemies together. Managed to beat them anyway.

Cleared few hard fights, Troll Mound (drained all spawns), Wind Master, Firkraag, Zallanora, Theshal. Videos I will probably update on weekend. Fights were pretty short, but took me even couple of days/evening for testing and find strong strategies.

Next will do Liches and then will try post Firgraak stuff and Guarded compound. I really want to get HLAs for mages, now my mages are close to 3kk exp (about 2,85kk) = HLA, Might need to clear WK lvl2 and 3 to get to 3kk or just start to kill neutral npcs in cities if must, but prefer not to.

Quickly tested Illithid Hideout and Greater Elemental Golem seems too hard. Maybe can win, but I also want to drain all 9 golem spawns. Never won this fight in any run. Maybe if just running around with boots of speed char when GEG agroed, but need optimization, so he wont change agro on others and others could fight golem spawns.

Ice Golem in mage´s stronhold I need Improved Alacrity for mages. Found cheese tactic to separete elemental golem and trapped ice golem so he cannot use melee.

Ancient Mage in Troll Mound, possible try this after HLAs.

Will go spellhold only when cannot proceed any further/all cleared. List is getting smaller and most of my runs I stopped about here when fights got too hard and did not even proceed spellhold.
Dequ
Added videos for Zallanora, Navaziah, Steam Elemental Prince, Noble Marilith, Troll King&Queen, Wind Master, Firkraag, Thesal Kangax +City Gate´s Lich and Guildmaster.

No major difficulties so far just need quite a lot of time for planning & testing before fight, but fights itselfs are quite short.

Guildmaster fight was intersting, First try, I kept alive Guildmaster and 4 Master Assassins, so they kept spawning enemies for really long time, This fight took over 1hour real time and in the end when all spawns depleted, I got one character chunked. But amount of experience and sellable stuff is incredible, so it is totally worth to deplete spawns. Second try I recorded this shorter video for this manual, just cleared all fast as possible.

Next, I will attempt to redo this longer fight until the end and hope no character get smashed to pieces.
lroumen
There are three reasons why your current party is having less problems than any other you might have had in the past.
1. All are warriors
2. Most are mages
3. Most have rages

Rage and mage protections make many disabling sequencers trivial and can counter imprisonment in some of the tough fights.
Being all warriors gives a lot of melee power to get rid of foes very quickly.
So in short, you chose the party well.

I notice from your videos that I generally struggle a whole lot more in my battles because I go with a mix of classes and npcs.
Dequ
QUOTE(lroumen @ Feb 28 2021, 11:15 AM) *
There are three reasons why your current party is having less problems than any other you might have had in the past.
1. All are warriors
2. Most are mages
3. Most have rages

Yes and it is "illegal/cheated" party. My initial plan is just to get further than last time and then just to finish this mod even once (that is why I need strong party). After that I will use "legal" party/Bioware NPCs party. This run serve also nice learning progress for me.
lroumen
You are doing great and I love the reading. I have not had time yet to check the recordings but I will in the future.

Do you plan the npc party in v7?
Dequ
QUOTE(lroumen @ Feb 28 2021, 02:02 PM) *
You are doing great and I love the reading. I have not had time yet to check the recordings but I will in the future.

Do you plan the npc party in v7?

Yes, but have not chosed which party members. Going to try Inquisitor as protagonist.
critto
Inquisitor will not have any added stronghold content, being a paladin class, but you're probably aware of that.
Dequ
QUOTE(critto @ Feb 28 2021, 02:56 PM) *
Inquisitor will not have any added stronghold content, being a paladin class, but you're probably aware of that.

Yes, but maybe Bulian will tweak all those content available for all classes I hope tongue.gif But if new content only exclusive for certain class (Druid), then gonna play on that.
critto
The new content is a part of the druid stronghold, yes.

Yes, but maybe Bulian will tweak all those content available for all classes I hope

I might do that eventually, yes.
lappen
im really excited on that^^
Dequ
Next encounter I will try to beat Ice Golem. Tried few times without too much optimicing and was not succesfull, casted 33 Ray of Fragmentations pretty quickly and managed to drop Ice Golem hp to about 30%, but then could not finish with melee. Need to take use for minor sequencer and Vampiric Touches too. I Read some hints from forum and Potion of Freedom might be key for victory, havent tested yet. Purge Magic every 3 round or so? Pretty easy to bait it with one character.
Dequ
Managed to beat Ice Golem easily with Potion of Freedom. Quickly tested Pasha encounter and this will be really interesting. There will be lot of room for many strategies here. Trying to find way to deplete spawns and keep Pasha alive for max profit, but very likely that is not possible right now with pre-spellhold party.
Dequ
Managed to beat Viper Queen and cleared WK level2. Pasha fight could not figure out yet for good strategies. Will upload videos today or tomorrow.

When I was coming out from Viper Queen dungeon, I encountered really funny bug (first bug so far this run).
https://ibb.co/8gg41DN

Saw this man at the edge of cliff and I was sure he is will try to commit suicide, by taking one step back. I talked to him and even the options 2&3 would have suited well for situation. But this NPC is actually supposed to spawn in De Arnise keep upper level on Fighter Stronghold Quest. For my game, he never spawned there.
critto
Which area is this?
Dequ
QUOTE(critto @ Mar 6 2021, 04:51 PM) *
Which area is this?

Windspear hills first dungeon map. Same area as Ruhk Cojurer and Kamikaze Kobolds, but on the left side of map.
critto
OK thanks, I'll check it out
Dequ
QUOTE(critto @ Mar 6 2021, 05:57 PM) *
OK thanks, I'll check it out

I don´t think it is Improved Anvil related bug. Even on Vanilla game there is known to be NPCs dublicates/weird stuff happened sometimes. And on my current run I have modified characters, so I wont be suprise if it causes stuff like this.
Dequ
7 New videos added on first page! Pretty potent enemies, but they all had some weaknesses to exploit
Dequ
WK3 almost done. Have anyone managed to beat Supreme Golem with pre-spellhold party? I tried quickly and got fucked pretty fast.
Dequ
Added 12 new videos on first page. Some of these fight had never beat before. Took me almost 1week of planning to beat Guarded Compound upstairs party with good enought tactics.
Dequ
Few more fights cleared: Ancient Mage and Pasha encounter. Videos will add later.

I think only things I got left to do are Twisted Rune, Orcus and try seriously Supreme Golem.
It might takes weeks to clear even one of those, might be even that I need to postpone these 3 hard fights for later chapters. I have never been able to beat those in previous runs. But I read on forum, someone have tried/managed/said it is possible, so maybe it is. Few videos I found on 2 of these fights had much higher level character.

Twisted Rune should be doable, but I just need to analyze every single enemy and their actions and counter them.
Dequ
Twisted Rune notes:

At first this fight seemed overwhelming and it made me feel like postpone is only option, but with patience I am slowly cracking the code.
Found weaknesess of each enemies and found out how they operate in variety of situations and how to counter their abilities.

1. Shangalar and Grave Silence
Take hit on silence only on 1 character.
Cast Buffs before you take hit of it, so there is not even need to cast anything while silenced.
Silence is Shangalar´s first spell, but there is way to separate him and take hit on spell the time when player choose.
We make him stuck on left room using Ring of Ram or Risk Decrement before he cast silence. We can initiate this while he is in middle, projectory will follow and change direction,
Melee attack him when PfMW not active.
Spell Immunity Abjuration important vs remove magic, We can make it last more RRoRs by having spell Shield Turning/Spell Shield and Globe of Invulnerability casted
PfME to counter ADHW, We can use wish spell to get it for all chars and cast it individually for those in need.

2. Vaxall and Improved Anti-Magic Ray
Fist ability that Vaxall uses is Improved Anti-Magic Ray, then he uses it second time on 7th round.
Effect dispel and cause miscast (100%?) on target for 8rounds. Have not found way to prevent getting hit.
But it wont dispel non-disable buffs and miscast wont prevent of casting from sequencers.
So we can prepare nice spells for sequencers (Improved Haste, Protection from Magical Energy, PfMW).
Vaxall is really tanky and low AC. so it takes while to kill him. Critical Hits works excellent, but we have only 1.
Vaxal stays invisible, so non breachable. May cast Absolute Immunity, so then we just have to wait for 4rounds.
Protection from Elements gives some decrees of protection vs Wondrous Strike.
PfME to counter ADHW
Gnasher Club works really really well vs Vaxall.

3.Revanek
He is just a fighter on steroids. He use fighter HLAs and does a lot of attacks.
We can breach him if use hardiness. Stoneskin/PfMW works really well.
Saves too good (Potion of Magic Shielding), so immune for most effects.

4.Shyressa
Vampire and does level drain on hit. We need to protect ourselves vs level drain. Easiest way is to use limited wish, but rages, shield of archons works also.
He cast Hardiness right at the start. That is why we should use breach on him right away when he spawn.
Really high HP regen, so when we want to kill him we need to use hard focus fire.
He is really fast and he will use melee and rush to us, so we dont need to move to him. Less time spend on moving = more time for other actions.

5.Layene
Very dangeourous mage. Use remove magic on 2nd round.
When second round begin and if her Immunity Abjuration not active, she cast Spell Immunity Abjuration instead of remove magic.
if she gets round 3 and cast wish. Then high chance that we have lost the fight.
Start fight as invisible, but we can use True Sight/Seeing to make her visible.
When she visible we need to use 2x Ruby Ray of Reversal and 1x Breach to make her vulnerable for magic.
For that combination we can use limited wish, prepare spell = chain contingecy
Then we need to kill her twice. She can die once/round, so hacking her down takes atleast 1round + part of second round.
Before her second life trigger we can use rest of the round for example killing Shyressa.

We can prebuf and we can pre-cast summons.
Summons can keep enemies busy and with small help even deal with some enemies.
Planetars works quite good.

Right now managed to beat this fight, but still need to optimize things much much more to bring success rate near 100%,
so no-reload challenges would be more possible to beat them. I will record video when I have polished my tactics.
Dequ
Added 3 new videos on first page: Ancient Mage, Pasha encounter and Twisted Rune. Twisted Rune was quite hard, but after training some timings and testing what works it was doable. Some notes previous on Twisted rune had few minor mistakes. Separating Shangalar was easy key for victory, because Grave Silence would have fucked up my fights.
Dequ
Quickly tested Orcus and managed to win even without testing beforehand. This was my first ever serious encounter vs him ever on any run. I thought this would be much harder fight. But I got feeling that this was meant to be long fight (in which case, it is really hard) and not to be finished in few rounds.

Anyway, after that I started to collect some information and made quick notes before I will clear this even better and record video:

Orcus:
100% immune to damage at begin of fight
Will use Grave Silence on Divine (cleric) caster
Amulet of Hades makes immune to silence
True Sight on second round
RRoR on 3th round/Remove Magic, check again this
Will take damage when 8 Skeleton Grandlords killed
Will die less than 2rounds if get focused
Silenced character may not auto agro next target when target destroyed, so need manual focus more
Will cast second Grave silence if our casters in range not silenced
Trigger Buffs: Spell Turning, Stoneskin when 8 skeletons killed
Can use Remove Magic
We can trigger Orcus to waste turns on additional Grave Silence casting by taking off Amunlet of Hades and re equip it when spell being casted
Recasting Spell Immunity Abjuration makes Orcus waste rounds on RRoR
Can cast breach
Can use Power Word Stun, so keep HPs high
Can use Greater Malison
can use Paralyze spell (save vs spell)
Can cast stoneskin when getting hit, got atleast 5 stonekins spells
When stoneskins depleted, then he cast PfMW (6 atleast has)
Cannot be breached!!!
We can kill Orcus before second wave of enemies (Vampires)spawn

Skeleton Grandlords:
8 Skeleton Grandlords Spawn on beginning
use +4 weapons, blunt best

Second wave:5 Vampire Bride, 4 Eminent vampire, 2master vampire

third wave of enemies:
5 Skeleton Lords

4th wave of enemies:
5 Skeleton Lords

5th wave of enemies:
5 Skeleton Lords

Summons pretty useless atleast vs grandlords, noble spider does some dmg. Summons can be casted before hand on location if drop sword outside, test this.

Some Vampires Spawn south part of room, these only spawn when we cross line of eyes in ground painting and Orcus alive. Seems to be infinet spawning = infinete exp.

Blockers in room doors and south pathway, so not possible to use those for cover/run
Dequ
Orcus no more! Video added.

Now I need to try supreme golem, if that not possible then finally proceed to next chapter.
Dequ
Supreme Golem beated + video added, I wonder if there is still anything to do before continue to next chapter towards Brynnlaw? I wont proceed to WK level4. I will reload before Supreme Golem fight, because I plan to do this Clash of Power quest for good way and beat Green Wyrm instead in later chapter when it is enabled. Enemy Manual has grown quite a large (246 pages so far).
critto
Incredible, great job, Dequ. I haven't had the chance to read and watch everything thoroughly, but I'll surely put away some time to do that when you're more or less done with the walkthrough.
Dequ
Spellhold cleared. Last fight was actually one of the easiest fight there, with a small trick I could win fight at instant, but that only works on specific party comps. Another way is long fight, but separate and stuck Jon inside Glass tank. None of these strategies I have not seen used. Videos I think will add tomorrow for all spellhold fights.

Another interesting fight in Spellhold was to solo 24 Skeleton Warlord, only need R/C with stacked AC bonuses vs slashing and many Iron Skins and Wondreous Recalls.
Dequ
16 videos added on first page. Found out many new tactics, which I have not used in previous runs. Like using improved web against golems
Dequ
Underdark is done now. 19 New videos added on first page. Dracolich was nice, I can imagine that without high level dispel magic it will be really painful. Master Brain lost for me, because it has no legs, lol.
bulian
Just wanted to complement you on a very unique and impressive run! Cant wait to see how the rest of it turns out!

We did add the ability to fight both green wyrm and supreme golem inWK3 in last update. Given how strong your party is, my challenge for you will be to 1) clear both without resting 2) clear all elemental golem spawns on supreme golem, and 3) clear supreme golem, green wyrm, and supreme leader without resting (no wish for rest either), 4) clear all of WK level 4 without resting.
Dequ
I might try those after clearing encounters normal ways first and if want more challenges. Thing is, planning such things takes so much time that it might get frustrating. Also I dont have single class mage, so no rest wish possible for my run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.